• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrat Congressman Calls Tea Party “White Crackers”… Where’s the Outrage?

No racial epithets have any teeth. The only teeth that they have are the ones that you give it.

"Sticks and stones . . . . . ."

By allowing this difference to continue, you are saying that some have to suck it up, while others can claim all kinds of injury. Rather inconsistent, is it not?

If epithets have no teeth then why should you care if you're called a cracker?

If epithets have no teeth then why should you care if you're called a cracker?

If epithets have no teeth then why should others care if they are called a the N-word?

It's either one way, or it's the other way. Having it be one way for some, and the other way for others is BS.

If epithets have no teeth then why should others care if they are called a the N-word?

It's either one way, or it's the other way. Having it be one way for some, and the other way for others is BS.

You're the one who said "no racial epithets have any teeth." See post 75.

Hard to be outraged by the truth.

Please do post some proof that the Tea Party members are cracking whips at black slaves.... :coffeepap:

Oh, such a burden.

this is the latest theme from the right wing nutjobs. Us poor white folks are oppressed and discriminated against and we aren't going to put up with it any more. Seriously. You couldn't make up crap like this.

Please do post some proof that the Tea Party members are cracking whips at black slaves.... :coffeepap:

I missed the part where he said they were 'cracking whips at black slaves'. They might like to do so, but Mr. Lincoln put an end to that sort of nonsense several years ago.

You're the one who said "no racial epithets have any teeth." See post 75.

Actually, I said that racial epithets have the teeth that you allow them to have over you.

The point behind all this is the utter hypocrisy in demanded and expected behavior depends on which race and / or minority you are, and that it's not equally applied to everyone. It's BS I'm tellin' ya.

With this inconsistency in treatment and expected behavior along race lines, you are expecting race relations to improve? How about getting rid of the disparate treatment?

I missed the part where he said they were 'cracking whips at black slaves'. They might like to do so, but Mr. Lincoln put an end to that sort of nonsense several years ago.

Ah so you were stating hyperbole then, not the actual etymology of the word "cracker" as used historically by black slaves. Never mind.

Actually, I said that racial epithets have the teeth that you allow them to have over you.

The point behind all this is the utter hypocrisy in demanded and expected behavior depends on which race and / or minority you are, and that it's not equally applied to everyone. It's BS I'm tellin' ya.

With this inconsistency in treatment and expected behavior along race lines, you are expecting race relations to improve? How about getting rid of the disparate treatment?

Why do you allow "white cracker" to have any power over you?

Why do you allow "white cracker" to have any power over you?

The point isn't the racial epithets specifically. The point is that there is inconsistent and unfair treatment based on race, which is, by definition, racist.
Do try and keep up.

The point isn't the racial epithets specifically. The point is that there is inconsistent and unfair treatment based on race, which is, by definition, racist.
Do try and keep up.

Exactly.

The history is really not relevant. Nobody is alive today who was ever a slave in America when it was legal, nor who ever owned a slave.

When a white person uses the word “nigger”, he usually intends it as an expression of contempt toward a black person because of the latter's ethnicity.

When a black person uses the word “cracker”, he usually means exactly the same thing toward a white person.

The intent is the same; the connotative meaning is the same. It is the exact same offense, regardless of the direction in which it occurs. There is no reason to treat one differently than the other.

I didn't realize the subjugation of black Americans ended with the abolishment of slavery.

Back
Top Bottom