• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clintons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I couldnt know where to start it ,off topic may be suitable,dana's thread inspired me to start it

I see many anti Hillary people insult her for the things Bill C did before .I don't like her either but please be honest .men just dont want to have a female president..Clinton cheated on hillary with Monica ,yes so what ?Clinton is the worst guy or the president ever seen ? Other presidents were always loyal to their wifes ?maybe Clinton should have choosen angelina jolie :mrgreen:

I couldnt know where to start it ,off topic may be suitable,dana's thread inspired me to start it
I see many anti Hillary people insult her for the things Bill C did before .I don't like her either but please be honest .men just dont want to have a female president..Clinton cheated on hillary with Monica ,yes so what ?Clinton is the worst guy or the president ever seen ? Other presidents were always loyal to their wifes ?maybe Clinton should have choosen angelina jolie :mrgreen:

I must politely disagree.
I am more than ready for a woman President.

The qualifier to that statement is that I want that woman President to be accomplished, credible, honest, and more concerned about the nation than the ambitions of her political Party.

That leaves Hillary Clinton out on all counts.

Re; the wrongs done by her hubby Bill.
My chief concern about Hillary is that she is in a loveless marriage of political convenience.

She has gone on record as saying that she didn't believe Bill was up to no good with other women, and, that when she found out about Monica Lewinsky (in her words, basically the same time as the rest of us) she was shocked and bewildered, and felt like the breath had been knocked out of her.

The evidence and testimony of a variety of people around the Clintons over the years reveal that to be a load of crap.
She put up with Bill's philandering for many years, and stayed in that marriage for the power and the ambition.

That makes her an unsavory, unscrupulous, and distasteful person in my book.
NOT a noble woman trapped in a bad situation with a 'lovable rogue' of a man for whom she truly has affection.
:(

The qualifier to that statement is that I want that woman President to be accomplished, credible, honest, and more concerned about the nation than the ambitions of her political Party.

My chief concern about Hillary is that she is in a loveless marriage of political convenience.

She has gone on record as saying that she didn't believe Bill was up to no good with other women, and, that when she found out about Monica Lewinsky (in her words, basically the same time as the rest of us) she was shocked and bewildered, and felt like the breath had been knocked out of her.

The evidence and testimony of a variety of people around the Clintons over the years reveal that to be a load of crap.
She put up with Bill's philandering for many years, and stayed in that marriage for the power and the ambition.

NOT a noble woman trapped in a bad situation with a 'lovable rogue' of a man for whom she truly has affection.

I think so..But she is a woman not matter how manly she acts...

Its the fact that Hillary claims to stand for womens rights but she viciously attacked the women who claimed that Bill took advantage of them.

The reasons I dislike and won't vote for her have nothing to do with her husband or her gender.

Let's say that Carly Fiorina won the nomination. Would you be telling male Democrats that they won't vote for her simply because she's female?

Let's say that Carly Fiorina won the nomination. Would you be telling male Democrats that they won't vote for her simply because she's female?

not simply but one of the reasons maybe

not simply but one of the reasons maybe

Maybe a small percentage of males in America are still cavemen who think women can't be in any position of power. It's not a majority.

I'm an Independent, and I was impressed with Carly Fiorina.
I would certainly vote for her over Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.

Another woman that I could easily support for President would be Condi Rice.
Unfortunately, she isn't interested in the office.

Elizabeth Warren seems to stand for the right things, but I was put off by the Native American heritage nonsense.
Still, I would support her over Hillary any day.

:2wave:

I will admit I'm not comfortable with a female in charge, but if one came along that I liked I could live with it. Of course I don't generally like politicians or people that desire to command my life, so the chances are near zero regardless. I'm not however sure that calling men sexist is a great strategy overall. You kind of cause sexism with approaches like that.

Oh great another "if you don't vote for Clinton, you're a sexist thread". I've never seen people make a presidential candidate more entitled to win before.

I'm ready for a GOOD president. Black, white, Spanish, male, female, gay, tranny...I don't care if our next president is retarded, so long as they are honest and forthright, and do a good job for the most people in this country.

Focusing on unimportant details, like the presence of a penis or a vagina, is simply being done because that's the only thing the candidate has going.

I'm ready for a GOOD president. Black, white, Spanish, male, female, gay, tranny...I don't care if our next president is retarded, so long as they are honest and forthright, and do a good job for the most people in this country.

Focusing on unimportant details, like the presence of a penis or a vagina, is simply being done because that's the only thing the candidate has going.
but he has to be smart :mrgreen:

but he has to be smart :mrgreen:

No they don't. They have to recognize that they are better off hiring experts to do the mental labor.

For 50 years, we've been doing the same, and it's not working. Are you crazy, because I'm not.

Maybe a small percentage of males in America are still cavemen who think women can't be in any position of power. It's not a majority.

Who remembers the "Wally and the Beaver" bumper stickers? Clinton's gender would have been exciting and relevant in the preceding century, but it's silly in the post-Thatcher (as just one quick example) century. ;)

It's not that Clinton is a woman; it's that she is the ethically repulsive woman she really is.

I have not seen that (bolded above). I have seen many folks object to Hillary's attempts to demean the character or veracity of the various women, that Bill clearly preferred to have sex with, while pretending to call herself a "feminist".

She's no feminist; she's a "Hillaryist."

So people must vote for Hilary because she is a woman? So if men don't want her to be President, it's because she is a woman?

That is major defect with many in this day and age. It's all about some Politically Correct application and accusation, rather than rational reasoned thinking.

Strong-arming people to fall in line or suffer the consequences is a very dangerous principle with much historical carnage attached to it.

I have not seen that (bolded above). I have seen many folks object to Hillary's attempts to demean the character or veracity of the various women, that Bill clearly preferred to have sex with, while pretending to call herself a "feminist".

So men began to respect women ..

So, you are going with a guy who has 5 children with three different wives , openly cheated on them all??? It seems you are engaging in a politically motivated double standard here.

Who remembers the "Wally and the Beaver" bumper stickers? Clinton's gender would have been exciting and relevant in the preceding century, but it's silly in the post-Thatcher (as just one quick example) century. ;)

It's not that Clinton is a woman; it's that she is the ethically repulsive woman she really is.

That is at least the picture the Republicans have been trying to paint her since she became first lady.. and 'gasp' got involved in the political process. The vast majority of it is induendo, accusations without evidence and a lot of prejudice by the republican Powers that Be. People tend to remember the accusations, and not look at the report basically saying 'We didn't find anything'.

Medusa, I think that once again you are either misreading what people are saying on this forum or you are letting pro-Hillary propaganda that you have read from other sources color what you are reading and thinking.

As you see by the responses here, very few have objections to a woman President. Nobody blames Hillary for the actions of Bill.

But many have objections to Hillary because of her own actions, her character, her stated policies and objectives if she does get elected. Her actions pertaining to her husband's adultery are also seen by many as disgusting and hypocritical.

My suggestion to you would be to engage in more critical thinking about the things you've read and, maybe, broadening the range of sources for the information you use with your critical thinking.

So, you are going with a guy who has 5 children with three different wives , openly cheated on them all??? It seems you are engaging in a politically motivated double standard here.

MY guy was a very honorable, accomplished, truthful patriot, James Webb (D) of Virginia.

Alas, his political Party wanted nothing to do with him, since they were in the bag for the crooked, dishonest Hillary Clinton from the very beginning.

Donald Trump is a loud-mouthed, impulsive, bombastic jerk.
But he's more honest than Hillary Clinton,
less corrupt than Hillary Clinton,
and is clearly more concerned about the good of the nation than is Hillary Clinton.

So, I'll be holding my nose in November, and casting a vote against Hillary Clinton.
It's a gamble voting in Donald Trump, admittedly.
There are a lot of unknowns.

But with Hillary, there's no gamble at all;
She's a crook and a liar, and she has promised to carry on the agenda of Barack Obama.
That's all I need to know, and so I'll be voting against her.

How tough is that to understand?

And by the way, I could've lived with Bill Clinton being a womanizer (much like JFK and Eisenhower before him).
I just didn't care for him lying about it to the American people.
And I don't care for his 'wife' lying about her very certain knowledge of all of Bill's infidelities, and acting like a noble victim here.

She's a heartless opportunist, and nothing more.

How tough is that to understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom