• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cell Phone Video Bus Fight; Young Punk vs. 67 Year Old

Pure and simple, the old dude opened up a can of whup ass on the young punk, who deserved what he got.

I'll bet he went home and cried to his mommy.

Pure and simple, the old dude opened up a can of whup ass on the young punk, who deserved what he got.

No......... he went to see his dentist.

Bicycleman, you don't have any responses to my page long post that was directed towards you. If you'd rather hound on me for whatever age you may think I am and challenge what another person knows about life though the internet then be free to but I'm not going to reply to that. Your personal attempt to debase my knowledge of life is noted. Also, the man in the videos is 65 and doesn't know much about anything. Im not going to respond with my life experiences, and I certainly don't want to hear yours from what I've gathered from your posts.

Good day.

I work for a living and don't have time to respond to every inane remark made by some young upstart. Whether you answer my comments makes no difference to me, I'm well aware of your position, which is the typical bent for most young blacks today. They see racism at every turn, but fail to notice the beam of racism in their own eyes.

A) He's in his 30s. You may be so culturally acclimated to white faces you may not be able to recognize that. Thats okay its not your fault.

Age is irrelevant, other than he is much younger than the older fellow.

B) You elicited that he's black, yet that seems to be your only reason for why he's racist.

Go back and listen to the comments again, about what he's saying and especially what the girl who shoots the video says.

C) Logically you assume the white man beating down would beat anyone down regardless of race in this situation. Yet you do not apply the same idea to the black man who, according to you, initiates.

He who throws the first punch is the fight starter, regardless of the words said, and it's obvious your 30-year old boy can't stand the words without taking offense. Hopefully the beating he received helped him to get some common sense, but I doubt it.

Hrrm... maybe you're right. The guy asking for a shoe shine wasn't trying to be a racist. But he did say something racist, and he kept going on not realizing it, making him a fool. Unfortunately you subscribe to a policy of racial blindness, maybe this black fellow preferred racial 'awareness' and if grandpa had any he wouldn't have had to go ape.

Never said the white guy was right. In my opinion he had asshole leanings, but then so did the black guy. Two assholes arguing usually culminates in a fight no matter who is right because that's just it. They are assholes and don't know how to resolve the conflict any other way. Besides, the white guy did walk away. Yet 30-year old black guy follows him and strikes the first blow. From the video, it's impossible to tell whether the blow is weak or not. I'll tell you one thing. You don't hang on to a pole and use one hand to slap an old guy around. I guess he thought that he only needed one hand to scare this old dude.

Dood, I'm white. I believe affirmative action is limitedly justifiable in the face of certain structural disadvantages. But would be largely unnecessary if the proper social efforts were made.

Yet, you act like a black dude. I have never heard of a white guy running down his own race before. Do you mean that you are sorry you are white and wish you could be black? There's a name for people like you.

I
'm sorry if an old black man got on a bus saying all white men were latent homosexuals with small dicks who bombed children and were slaves to the jews, and had white skin as the result of ancient incest in prehistoric europe etc, you'd be inclined to knock the sucker out. I've heard opinions on americans that would get your fists flying. There are certain points where you would find a fight socially justifiable, you just have to be creative.

No, I wouldn't. It's called freedom of speech, something that black people don't seem to recognize if a white racist got on the bus to talk about blacks. The black race cannot stand any constructive or destructive criticism. They seem to think that because "I'se was being dissed", it's okay to go out and kill the disser. No, it isn't. It's wrong, either way you look at it.

Yeah, assuming its vengeance for Rodney king.... jokingly, thats not racist.

Oh really? It's a hate crime because I guarantee you if a group of white men beat up a black truck driver, they would be charged with a hate crime. Remember the 2 guys who dragged the black man behind a pickup in Texas? They were charged with a hate crime as well as murder. Seems like they are sitting on death row, right now, too, if they haven't already been executed.

I have said before on these forums, racism is an ignorance. One usually doesn't realise that they're racist, just as one generally cannot perceive they are ignorant.

So, you agree that the black dude is an ignorant racist. Thanks for defining that.

As another anecdote of angry black people attacking harmless white folks, I got jumped at the Y when I was 12 because I encountered 2 black kids speaking 'dialect' I could not understand. The miscommunication led to them jumping me. I can understand most 'dialect' now, however if you come across a black dude you cant understand, you'd better pretend your deaf or something...

You need to clarify that one for me because that story makes no sense, and if they just attacked you out of the clear blue, then they were racist against white people. Clean hate crime. Of course, the law has a double standard regarding blacks doing it to whites, and therefore, it's not considered a hate crime, but let a white guy do it toward a black man, hate crime right there.

Street smarts, folks... its street smarts or face poundings by the brownies you offend.

Ignorant blacks are racists. You said so.

Maybe yeah... its recounting a video with a confusing racial exchange its hard to be coherent about it.

We agree.

Thats cool, I hope I never have to shine a shoe.

You don't dress up and go to gatherings where you wear nice clothes or go to church? So rather than shine your shoes and make a nice impression for a prospective employer, you wear old dirty shoes? If you want to get ahead after graduation, you better learn how to shine them, or ask a brother how to shine them.;)

And as for your bones, they aren't intentionally racist... but I'd have acclimation trouble if I was dropped into Nigeria or Afghanistan, or any of those places with far off races we don't understand.

Have no clue what you're talking about here.

The point of my posting I would like to reiterate, is that some people are outright racist, and most people are unintentionally racist. The Elderly White Man Suffered from racial ignorance... especially when he said he could be asking a damned china man for a shoeshine and it wouldn't matter. It matters.

Im... done.

No, you're not done, because you're still posting. You said it, that black dude and his girl friend were outright racists because of their ignorance.

I work for a living and don't have time to respond to every inane remark made by some young upstart.

I hope thats a remark in regards to my post count. I'm not going to talk about myself, or my life experiences.

Go back and listen to the comments again, about what he's saying and especially what the girl who shoots the video says.

I've listened to it at full volume on my very nice speakers several times I hear whats going on quite clearly. That fool should've gotten off the bus after asking a black man for a shoe shine.

He who throws the first punch is the fight starter, regardless of the words said, and it's obvious your 30-year old boy can't stand the words without taking offense. Hopefully the beating he received helped him to get some common sense, but I doubt it.

It must be nice to live in a sheltered fantasy world where there is nothing to fight over.

Yet, you act like a black dude. I have never heard of a white guy running down his own race before. Do you mean that you are sorry you are white and wish you could be black? There's a name for people like you.

No, I am white, I run down pathetic politically insane conservative americans without a clue as to the political realities of the planet earth. I tend to have no problem with white latinos, europeans, russians, etc. White american joe six pack, yeah, I have a problem with that guy. Thats only only a portion of americans.

He who throws the first punch is the fight starter

I'm a martial artist, I believe in proportional response... if a man grabbed my by the shirt or punched me in the chest... being larger and more built i wouldn't freak and wail on him as this guy did. This guy should've gotten off the damned bus if he want a fool. What would you have done if you asked a black man to shine your shoes and he pulled the stop button and said 'get off this bus'? Itd be 'sorry', 'whoops' out of me. This man responds "I'll kick his ass."

Hopefully the beating he received helped him to get some common sense.

Yeah never question an ignorant, racist white man? Is that the lesson?

The black race cannot stand any constructive or destructive criticism.

Wheres you KKK badge I demand you show it.

"I'se was being dissed"

Yeah I hear them 'niggaz' speak like jar-jar.

You need to clarify that one for me because that story makes no sense, and if they just attacked you out of the clear blue, then they were racist against white people. Clean hate crime. Of course, the law has a double standard regarding blacks doing it to whites, and therefore, it's not considered a hate crime, but let a white guy do it toward a black man, hate crime right there.

I had never been exposed to american black people before and I could not understand them. I insulted their dialect by insinuating that it was inferior in not understanding it, in other words, being to good. Like a white southerner wouldn't do the same to a british person who couldn't understand what they were saying, I've seen that happen too.

Oh really? It's a hate crime because I guarantee you if a group of white men beat up a black truck driver, they would be charged with a hate crime. Remember the 2 guys who dragged the black man behind a pickup in Texas? They were charged with a hate crime as well as murder. Seems like they are sitting on death row, right now, too, if they haven't already been executed.

Wow... i feel sad for them. Wait, no i don't.

Of course, the law has a double standard regarding blacks

Common white supremacist argument, again where is your KKK badge? Why are black people so likely to be innocently accused of crimes in this country. Please. I have certainly heard those black shave too many privileges now.

I have never heard of a white guy running down his own race before

Im not your race, I am a Venezuelan / Russian / lithuanian / English all american boy.

I have said before on these forums, racism is an ignorance. One usually doesn't realise that they're racist, just as one generally cannot perceive they are ignorant.
So, you agree that the black dude is an ignorant racist. Thanks for defining that.

Uhh... yeah sure Im talking about the black guy... Im certainly not talking about you and other racists like you... except you seem to be sustaining outside the logic of the argument that the black person is the racist and by saying racism is an ignorance I must be agreeing with you. WTF? Enjoy agreeing with yourself its a psychological comfort the politically insane have.

Ignorant blacks are racists. You said so.

Logic: fail on so many levels you'd need to go back to school to get it obviously.

You said it, that black dude and his girl friend were outright racists because of their ignorance.

Congrats, you're one of the worst racists I've ever met. Oh btw. YOU WIN1!

SE102, you sure take a lot of words to call me a racist, yet ignore the fact that some blacks are racists. I'm not even going to bother to address your last long post because you have essentially said the same thing as your previous long post, and you sound like a black guy in denial.

We old guys have to fight like that because we don't know whether these guys are going to pull a knife or a gun. I remember taking the concealed carry course, and a student asked the instructor how many times should they fire if their life is in danger. The answer: as many as it takes. It was the same with the old dude, as many punches as it takes. I think it was maybe 7 to 8.

The lesson here, is all about respect. If you want respect, then just show a little respect. It goes a long way. To me, both guys were on the edge that day, and bad things happened. Not the end of the world. :mrgreen:

That fool should've gotten off the bus after asking a black man for a shoe shine.

Without knowing exactly what was said prior to the start of the cell phone video, it really is impossible to say that his comment about the shoe shine was racist. Especially since if you listen the white guy asks the black guy "How much would you charge for a shoe shine?" Now obviously the black guy takes offense to this and says something, but the next comment from the white guy is "what did you say before when you passed by me up there?" Now that tells me that some other exchange took place pre-recording and without knowing exactly what was said, we don't know whether it really was a racial comment or an overheard comment that was taken wrong, then reacted to with anger. Now, in the other video with the white guy explaining what happens, what he says the conversation was pre-video certainly fits with what was being said by him during the video if you pay attention. Could the old guy be lying? Certainly. Most likely though, it was a simple misunderstanding to begin with that got escalated because neither of them was willing to let it go. They actually followed each other if you pay attention. Because from the comments made at the first part of the video, it sounds like the old man followed the black guy to the back of the bus after he passed to confront him about whatever the black guy's comment(s) were pre-video. And certainly, the white guy shouldn't have been yelling across the bus at the black guy. The black guy was responsible for the fight however, and the old white guy was acting in very reasonable self defense. "Fightin' words" are not a good excuse for a fight. They are adults and should be acting like it.

I think just about everything that has to be said about this video has been said and it is safe to /thread dead. Everyone Shhhhhhhh :)

OF COURSE racism exists. Hell...SLAVERY still exists. Every facet...every society...every group...EVERYONE has racists. Sexists. Classists.

Dwell in it, use it as an excuse or rise above it. Choices are pretty clear.

It is not that easy and you simply do not get it. Your post have made it clear that you are a racist. :shock:

This is what the punk looked like after the fight.

Beetlejuice.jpg

RIP Beetlejuice. Man I miss that dude:(

I work for a living and don't have time to respond to every inane remark made by some young upstart. Whether you answer my comments makes no difference to me, I'm well aware of your position, which is the typical bent for most young blacks today. They see racism at every turn, but fail to notice the beam of racism in their own eyes.

You do NOT speak for "most young blacks today". Do not even try to get into their reality and stop while you are ahead.

You are being disgusting:(

Dumbass got what was coming to him. What he said doesn't really matter. I can diss your mother, your father, your whole family, but in a court of law the one who goes to jail is the one who starts punching. The old guy had pride, but was mature enough to walk away (quite a bit) and wasn't exactly gloating about beating the crap out of the moron after-wards.

Why the hail did this thread have to turn into a big whoo-yah about racism?

I saw the whole thing as a big-mouth punk getting a well-deserved beatdown from someone he thought was an easy mark. I could care less if it was an old black man and a young white punk, that wasn't the point.

Dumbass got what was coming to him. What he said doesn't really matter. I can diss your mother, your father, your whole family, but in a court of law the one who goes to jail is the one who starts punching. The old guy had pride, but was mature enough to walk away (quite a bit) and wasn't exactly gloating about beating the crap out of the moron after-wards.

Maybe you missed the video of him getting off the buss and punching newspaper bins. And punching at the air like a wanna be prize fighter.

Maybe you missed the video of him getting off the buss and punching newspaper bins. And punching at the air like a wanna be prize fighter.

I'd be a little angry too if I was kicked off a bus for finishing a fight I didn't start while the other guy got stay on. I'd probably understand later why, but it would still suck at the time. Plus, he didn't even get to get his bag, which got taken and later returned to him, but still, if it had his ID in it and/or money, he can't do a whole lot without it.

I'd be a little angry too if I was kicked off a bus for finishing a fight I didn't start while the other guy got stay on. I'd probably understand later why, but it would still suck at the time. Plus, he didn't even get to get his bag, which got taken and later returned to him, but still, if it had his ID in it and/or money, he can't do a whole lot without it.

He sure seemed to be showing off after the fight to me. Also, he kinda chose to leave his bag there. No one kicked him out of the bus. He left all on his own. I wonder if the girl that took it, took it to steal or to maybe help identify the guy. She should have just left it there or given it to the bus driver.

SE102, you sure take a lot of words to call me a racist, yet ignore the fact that some blacks are racists. I'm not even going to bother to address your last long post because you have essentially said the same thing as your previous long post, and you sound like a black guy in denial.

Some blacks are racist true. You are also a racist person.
My contention is that you are mistaking black anger over racism as racism itself. They are different things.

Some people may 'sound black' to certain white people, fine. My grandma cant pul a word out of rap lyrics and I don't expect you to understand whats actually going on here.

And rogue, I believe the conversation starts at "Why a brother gotta shine your shoes." after the white man says something akin to "my boy, who shines my shoes"

Which is a slight misinterpretation by the black man
but leads to a crap-storm. Instead of saying "I'm sorry I meant to say it in a racially ambiguous sense." he goes on to say that his shoeshiner 'is a 'brother' so its okay'

And it spirals down from there. And the white man asks a racially upset black man to 'shine his shoes', seemingly out of a misconception of the phrase "Why a brother gotta shine your shoes" At least thats what I got out of it. There were lots of opportunities for this to be resolved but neither of these people was particularly bright.

Some blacks are racist true. You are also a racist person.
My contention is that you are mistaking black anger over racism as racism itself. They are different things.

Some people may 'sound black' to certain white people, fine. My grandma cant pul a word out of rap lyrics and I don't expect you to understand whats actually going on here.

And rogue, I believe the conversation starts at "Why a brother gotta shine your shoes." after the white man says something akin to "my boy, who shines my shoes"

Which is a slight misinterpretation by the black man
but leads to a crap-storm. Instead of saying "I'm sorry I meant to say it in a racially ambiguous sense." he goes on to say that his shoeshiner 'is a 'brother' so its okay'

And it spirals down from there. And the white man asks a racially upset black man to 'shine his shoes', seemingly out of a misconception of the phrase "Why a brother gotta shine your shoes" At least thats what I got out of it. There were lots of opportunities for this to be resolved but neither of these people was particularly bright.

Why would the white guy have to apologize for the black guy assuming that "my boy is going to shine my shoes" was meant racially? That's not right. I've heard plenty of people, of all colors and backgrounds, refer to a good friend of theirs as "my boy", although I don't know about calling a girl "my boy" like the old guy said in his video. Just like I've heard lots of people refer to very close friends or guys who are in the same group as themselves as "my brother" or "a brother". I call my best friend "my sister". Even my real siblings call her their sister. A lot of guys in the military or who have been in the military will call close friends of theirs who are/were in "brother" all the time. Assumption is never a good thing. And it's not fair to expect someone to apologize for an assumption that someone else made, especially after he tried explaining that he didn't mean it racially.

Now I agree that it could have been stopped by either party in a lot less hostile way, even before the name-calling began. And that they were both stupid. I'll even agree that the old man was probably a little unstable, although I don't really think he was crazy. I just don't like the automatic way that people say the old white guy must have been racist. I really don't think the black guy was racist, although he does seem overly paranoid about racism. The girl egging him on probably was, at least a little racist, either that or she just likes to see people hurting other people. I just think that he overreacted to something he should have just ignored to begin with, or at least after the old man told him it wasn't meant to be racist.

Why would the white guy have to apologize for the black guy assuming that "my boy is going to shine my shoes" was meant racially? That's not right. I've heard plenty of people, of all colors and backgrounds, refer to a good friend of theirs as "my boy", although I don't know about calling a girl "my boy" like the old guy said in his video. Just like I've heard lots of people refer to very close friends or guys who are in the same group as themselves as "my brother" or "a brother". I call my best friend "my sister". Even my real siblings call her their sister. A lot of guys in the military or who have been in the military will call close friends of theirs who are/were in "brother" all the time. Assumption is never a good thing. And it's not fair to expect someone to apologize for an assumption that someone else made, especially after he tried explaining that he didn't mean it racially.

Now I agree that it could have been stopped by either party in a lot less hostile way, even before the name-calling began. And that they were both stupid. I'll even agree that the old man was probably a little unstable, although I don't really think he was crazy. I just don't like the automatic way that people say the old white guy must have been racist. I really don't think the black guy was racist, although he does seem overly paranoid about racism. The girl egging him on probably was, at least a little racist, either that or she just likes to see people hurting other people. I just think that he overreacted to something he should have just ignored to begin with, or at least after the old man told him it wasn't meant to be racist.

He didn't stop to clarify that he meant 'boy' in a racially ambiguous sense. The black man wasn't even particularly bothered by it it seemed. This was a pretty much normal racial interchange of some confusion until for some reason the old mans brain farted and he asked the guy for a shoe shine. ::shrug:: The black guy has probably been disadvantaged for his whole life (wasn't he wanted for parole violation etc?), social reality is a little different in the face of that issue.

::pulls our umbrella to prepare for ****-storm::

He didn't stop to clarify that he meant 'boy' in a racially ambiguous sense. The black man wasn't even particularly bothered by it it seemed. This was a pretty much normal racial interchange of some confusion until for some reason the old mans brain farted and he asked the guy for a shoe shine. ::shrug:: The black guy has probably been disadvantaged for his whole life (wasn't he wanted for parole violation etc?), social reality is a little different in the face of that issue.

::pulls our umbrella to prepare for ****-storm::

It doesn't sound like the old man led a charmed or privileged life either. He probably got drafted to go to 'Nam. Was in jail himself for 14 years.

He didn't specifically say that it racist, even from his explanation, but if you can't get that from what he says he said, then I'd say you're being deliberately deaf to what he meant. But some of the exchange definitely happened before the camera was turned on, and that probably is the most important part for us to determine if the old man was actually being racist or not. I am saying I don't think so based on what I heard from both sides in the bus video, and what the old man says happened in his video.

Now I don't think the black guy was racist either. But that doesn't mean it should be okay for him to automatically get angry or upset anytime he hears a comment that could possibly be racist. And, being on probation, he should have been even more cautious about getting into trouble instead of listening to the girl who was egging him on.

Oh, Im not deaf to what he meant. He tried to brush off the 'racism' in the conversation, he meant that race didnt matter, however what he said was racially ignorant and culturally insulting. He's a racial ignoramus, but thats a short excuse in the face of racial reality. Id rather the black man had just told him to get off the bus and left it at that, or just said, "You're a racial ignoramus, don't talk to me."

Rather, to the masses it is much more desirable to punish someone that has committed a serious social infraction. You don't poke a gorilla in the eye. And if you drive into a pole, you certainly don't blame the pole.

Oh, Im not deaf to what he meant. He tried to brush off the 'racism' in the conversation, he meant that race didnt matter, however what he said was racially ignorant and culturally insulting. He's a racial ignoramus, but thats a short excuse in the face of racial reality. Id rather the black man had just told him to get off the bus and left it at that, or just said, "You're a racial ignoramus, don't talk to me."

Rather, to the masses it is much more desirable to punish someone that has committed a serious social infraction. You don't poke a gorilla in the eye. And if you drive into a pole, you certainly don't blame the pole.

Id just like to add this. I think that YP served about 95% of the time he is gonna get in a jail for this event just with the ass whoopin alone. I think they should show how bad he got his ass beat in court and say, "Dontcha think punishment for this event was already dealt?" Even though that wouldnt work. It sounds good to me.

Wow, two punks fighting for sh!t... and a load of other punks watching it for funsy... How unsurprising!

Back
Top Bottom