• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cancel the Debate! CNN Caught Selectively-Editing Trump’s ‘Muslim’ Comments

NonoBadDog

Hates Kittens
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
TRIGGER WARNING (I always wanted to do that)
This is from BreitBart so I am not making a claim as they are as questionable ad Media Matters or HuffPo. I tried to verify this with other articles but this is the only article I can find. I watched the video and it looks legit but I didn't spend a lot of time on it as I have to meet for dinner with my family pretty quick.

Left-wing cable news network CNN has been caught red-handed selectively editing Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump’s comments about a “Muslim registry,” and doing so in order to make it sound as though he is agreeing to this registry. He is not.
The left-wing liars at CNN have intentionally edited the video to make it look as though Trump said “absolutely” to a Muslim registry. What CNN edited out is in bold:

Reporter: Should there be a database system that tracks Muslims who are in this country?
Trump: There should be a lot of systems, beyond databases. We should have a lot of systems, and today you can do it. But right now we need to have a border, we have to have strength, we have to have a wall, and we cannot let what’s happening to this country happen any longer.
Reporter: Is that something your White House would like to implement?
Donald Trump: I would certainly implement that. Absolutely.
Trump’s “absolutely” is clearly in reference to strengthening the border. Look at the whole transcript. When the NBC News reporter asks, “Is that something your White House would like to implement?,” Trump has just talked about fortifying the border and obviously believes that is what the NBC reporter is referring to.
CNN edited that out!

Cancel the Debate! CNN Caught Selectively-Editing Trump's 'Muslim' Comments - Breitbart

This is from BreitBart so I am not making a claim as they are as questionable ad Media Matters or HuffPo. I tried to verify this with other articles but this is the only article I can find. I watched the video and it looks legit but I didn't spend a lot of time on it as I have to meet for dinner with my family pretty quick.

Cancel the Debate! CNN Caught Selectively-Editing Trump's 'Muslim' Comments - Breitbart

There are a number of other outlets who have called out the MSM and the hack job they did with Trumps statement.

It's a wonder the 4th Estate has become so obsessed with inventing narratives that are so easily dismantled. One would think the perpetrators of their own demise would be less willing to speed along the process by which they will metastasize their terminal illness.

I haven't seen anything from Trump or his campaign claiming that he was misquoted or misrepresented. If he or they have, can someone point it out. If not, does he feel the misrepresentation plays into his campaign base?

The editing was sneaky in that it dishonestly highlighted an obviously inflammatory answer, but I don't see how his position on a Muslim registry is changed, even without the edit.

I haven't seen anything from Trump or his campaign claiming that he was misquoted or misrepresented. If he or they have, can someone point it out. If not, does he feel the misrepresentation plays into his campaign base?

Did you read the article?

The editing was sneaky in that it dishonestly highlighted an obviously inflammatory answer, but I don't see how his position on a Muslim registry is changed, even without the edit.

I think Feinstein is calling for a refugee database also. I think refugees would have to be on a database of some kind so it comes down to the definition of "Muslim registry". If you put someone on a database for immigration reasons they will still have the capability of sorting the refugees by religion or point of origin. It would be a waste of money to create a new database just because they want to track "Muslims". Actually, it was a reporter that suggested the database thing to Trump and he said, sure, we could do that. (paraphrased) Lynch was talking about searching databases the other day when she was addressing the vetting procedure.

Edit:
I found the article with Feinstein's proposal:
Dems vow to wage refugee filibuster | TheHill
Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), the vice chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, plans to introduce legislation after the Thanksgiving recess that would block from the Visa Waiver Program people who have traveled to Iraq or Syria in the past five years.

It would also require visitors to the U.S. to provide fingerprints and photos before arriving.

Democratic leaders are pushing it as an alternative to the House bill to provide political cover to their colleagues.

I think they would use a database to store the pictures and fingerprints that she wants to require, or at least use a database to catalog the pictures and fingerprints.

Last edited:

Rush went over this on Friday I think.

It should frighten.all of us to see main stream media pulling this crap. Unless we can get a handle on this kind of stuff, free USA is doomed.

Sorry but Trump screwed up..

He was asked a specific question. He answered that he agreed plus added a lot of irrelevant bull****.

Then he asked again if he would implement it.. as in the it in the question asked.. and he said yes again.

This is another typical right wing smoke screen attempt to divert from what Trump actually said. Making excuses again.. and again and again. Not CNNs fault that Trump threw in the usual bull**** that all GOP candidates throw in these days...

He was asked a specific question. He answered that he agreed plus added a lot of irrelevant bull****.

Then he asked again if he would implement it.. as in the it in the question asked.. and he said yes again.

This is another typical right wing smoke screen attempt to divert from what Trump actually said. Making excuses again.. and again and again. Not CNNs fault that Trump threw in the usual bull**** that all GOP candidates throw in these days...

CNN deceptively edited the video... It's obvious to those on both the left and right.

CNN deceptively edited the video... It's obvious to those on both the left and right.

They might have edited the video, but it is not deceptive. They removed the irrelevant political speak that Trump threw in.

He was asked a question, he answered and added irrelevant crap. What on earth does putting up a border fence or anything what he said after then initial answer, have to do with the question asked? NOTHING!

He was asked again if he would implement the thing that was asked in the original question.. and he said yes.

Face it, Trump screwed seriously up and is now with your help trying to back track. His nazi views were exposed, and they cant be just taken back with deflecting.. by attacking CNN.

if there is any media outlet that should never criticize another for manipulating comments to misrepresent intended meaning, it is breitbart

They might have edited the video, but it is not deceptive. They removed the irrelevant political speak that Trump threw in.

He was asked a question, he answered and added irrelevant crap. What on earth does putting up a border fence or anything what he said after then initial answer, have to do with the question asked? NOTHING!

He was asked again if he would implement the thing that was asked in the original question.. and he said yes.

Face it, Trump screwed seriously up and is now with your help trying to back track. His nazi views were exposed, and they cant be just taken back with deflecting.. by attacking CNN.

I seem to remember when some folks on the left went bat crap crazy when the Planned Parenthood videos came out because they were "edited" The whole world was going to come to an end!!!! Oh Nooos!!!!!

if there is any media outlet that should never criticize another for manipulating comments to misrepresent intended meaning, it is breitbart

I guess that makes it okay for CNN to do then. Allrighty then.

It should frighten.all of us to see main stream media pulling this crap. Unless we can get a handle on this kind of stuff, free USA is doomed.

They wonder why their ratings are the lowest. Well, not sure if the lowest is MSNBC or CNN.

Trump on database with Stephanopoulos ABC

Trump on database CNN

CNN is like almost every other media outlet. They toss out reckless headlines and make absolute claims on mediocre evidence. The two links have video with Trump being directly asked about databases. He gives confusing answers. It's like he he gets confused and thinks that by Muslim database the reporters must be talking about refugee databases only.

I seem to remember when some folks on the left went bat crap crazy when the Planned Parenthood videos came out because they were "edited" The whole world was going to come to an end!!!! Oh Nooos!!!!!

As I understand it the video were edited as well, so that the meaning was changed. In this case that is not the case.

It's hilarious hearing the hapless Democraps trying to defend the snake oil and the snake oil salesmen. lol ;)

Hey, newsflash.... say it with me real slow.... "President Trump".

Does it give you the willies?

It should.

Think about it for a while.

Maybe they'll grow on you.

While you're not wrong -- it's quite clear this is what happened -- CNN also screwed up by truncating the quote.

It's hilarious hearing the hapless Democraps trying to defend the snake oil and the snake oil salesmen. lol ;)

Hey, newsflash.... say it with me real slow.... "President Trump".

Does it give you the willies?

It should.

Think about it for a while.

Maybe they'll grow on you.

So Trump does not want to register all American Muslims.. just like the Nazis did to the Jews?

While you're not wrong -- it's quite clear this is what happened -- CNN also screwed up by truncating the quote.

It is clear.. Trump was asked a question, he answered plus added irrelevant junk. He was asked again and said yes again. The man is for Nazi like registration of American Muslims.

I'm reminded of that time during the 2000 election campaign that CNN invited Al Gore to host Larry King Live, but didn't issue a similar invitation to the other side. It showed a direct partisanship on the part of CNN, and a complete lack of professionalism. Likewise, during the announcement of the results, some left-leaning networks were busy declaring the election in favor of Gore, to influence ballots that had yet to be cast.

It is clear.. Trump was asked a question, he answered plus added irrelevant junk. He was asked again and said yes again. The man is for Nazi like registration of American Muslims.

Nah, I think you're doing a Godwin again, trying to cry "Nazi" at the drop of a hat. Security threat is security threat, and must be dealt with practically. Rest of us aren't going to become victims of another 9-11 or another 13-11 just to satisfy you. Immigration is not owed, and countries have the right to sovereignty. Control over immigration policy - including right of refusal - is part of sovereignty. Refusal to recognize that right is an attack on sovereignty.

Today, national sovereignty is under erosion and attack from trans-nationalists, who wish to downplay national sovereignty in order to do away with it.

Back
Top Bottom