• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Ask Osama Bin Laden if he is better off now than he was 4 years ago

Let's see... What did Bush not do?

Oh, I know...

Bush didn't get Bin Ladin!

I'd been much happier with W if he had... But he was focused on Iraq, and Sadam Hussein, and therefore was largely a failure in the "Global War on Terror".

:lamo

Obama 2012, in a nutshell:

1) BIN LADEN!

2) Change subject to Bush.

That's clear enough on its own, but fortunately, stalwarts such as yourself insist on reinforcing it day and day out.

If you can't draw a distinction between the two, doubtful anybody here could help you.

Both were terrorists,Saddam killed more people....What would you say is distinctive about the two that Bin Laden's death means Obama should be reelected but Bush is evil??

Ask Osama Bin Laden if he is better off now than he was 4 years ago. PRICELESS....

Best line I saw on the screen of the DNC from some twitter.

I know this one line may not merit a whole thread but since the Republicans are posting some desperate weak threads , why not.

You kill Bin Laden and there are 6 just like him to take his place........I would have much better he lowered the debt or cut unemployment and taxes...........

Here we go with revisonist history. Clinton refused to take bin Laden into custody when the Defense Minister of Sudan offered to hand him over in 1996.

Clinton: So we tried to be quite aggressive with them [al Qaeda]. We got – well, Mr. bin Laden used to live in Sudan. He was expelled from Saudi Arabia in 1991, then he went to Sudan. And we’d been hearing that the Sudanese wanted America to start dealing with them again. They released him. At the time, 1996, he had committed no crime against America, so I did not bring him here because we had no basis on which to hold him, though we knew he wanted to commit crimes against America. So I pleaded with the Saudis to take him, ’cause they could have. But they thought it was a hot potato and they didn’t and that’s how he wound up in Afghanistan
FactCheck.org : Clinton Passed on Killing bin Laden?

Surely the quote from Clinton you provided disproves your own argument: "At the time, 1996, he had committed no crime against America, so I did not bring him here because we had no basis on which to hold him."

Are you criticising Clinton for sticking to the rule of law or for him not being able to predict the future? because those would be pretty silly reasons.

I listened very closely to Obama's speech and heard nothing of substance. just vote for me and give me another chance well he has failed miserably and is out of chances.......

“We left him a total mess. He hasn’t cleaned it up fast enough, so fire him and put us back in.”

Uhhh... no.

Talk about "out-of-chances."

It's gonna take a lot longer than 4 years before America forgets the GOP.

Ask Osama Bin Laden if he is better off now than he was 4 years ago. PRICELESS....

I know this one line may not merit a whole thread but since the Republicans are posting some desperate weak threads , why not.

would you like to ask the americans who have died in Iraq and Afghanistan if they are better off. your whole premise is a joke.

“We left him a total mess. He hasn’t cleaned it up fast enough, so fire him and put us back in.”

Uhhh... no.

Were there no Dems in the legislature at all during Bush's term?

Uhhh... no.

nice try, but everything obama has done has made the mess worse, why do you want more of the same incompetence? Do you want another 6 trillion in debt for our kids.

Uhhh... no.

What, then, does it say that America gave the House back to the GOP in only 2, and pretty much only the Senate rotation prevented that from going GOP, too? Nothing good about those who held power in the interim, anyway.

would you like to ask the americans who have died in Iraq and Afghanistan if they are better off. your whole premise is a joke.

it not really a joke... it's just simple campaign sloganeering.... it's political mental masturbation, and every side does it.

Osama Bin laden isn't trying to get a job in Obama's Economy

Fail premise, emotional platitude ect

it not really a joke... it's just simple campaign sloganeering.... it's political mental masturbation, and every side does it.

yes, but it does not work. the people are smarter than the politicians think they are.

TO: osamababy@intheocean.org
SUBJECT: Are you better off than you were 4 years ago?
CONTENT: Well, are you?

TO specklebang@logicalparty.net
SUBJECT: re: Are you better off than you wer 4 years ago
CONTENT: I must admit that I was a bit dismayed when the walruses (seals?) shot me. The entry wounds were quite painful. I must say that thingsa are peaceful here with the fishies. At least I was spared your political conventions. Allah Akbar. "Osammy"

the people are the ones putting out these idiot slogans, by and large.... this thread, for instance.

most of "the people" posting here are just parroting the talking points of the politicians.

Both were terrorists,Saddam killed more people....What would you say is distinctive about the two that Bin Laden's death means Obama should be reelected but Bush is evil??

If you had only one bullet in your gun and you came upon Bin Laden and Saddam and can only get one shot off before their body guards started chasing you, which one would you shoot?

Go ask a NYC fireman who lost friends in the twin tower collapse who he would shoot.

What a cheap ass remark. The statement is making fun of Bin Laden death. I guess the death of Bin Laden pissed you off. Too bad.

I agree..... it is one terrific line and I hope they put out bumper stickers and buttons with that on it.

You think that's priceless? You have quite a value system. Why not ask the dad who lost his job 3 years ago and was forced to take one at half the money?

6 trillion spent and the Real Unemployment is 15%

Thank God. In the Depression it was over 25%. President Obama saved us from that.

You think that's priceless? You have quite a value system. Why not ask the dad who lost his job 3 years ago and was forced to take one at half the money?

Better yet ask this guy what he thinks about the statement about Bin Laden.

Back
Top Bottom