• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arkansas Abortion Amendment...

What's nonsense? The nearly 1 million abortions a year. I agree killing that many babies is nonsense. In fact it's worse, it's immoral, cruel, and progressiveness at it's worst.

Nonsense: You imagining "babies" being killed in abortions. That's self-indulgent and disturbing.

Now, again: Why does anyone need to be concerned about any number of the unborn aborted? Please explain?

Yeah you care, just not very much. I'm imaging all these folks that think abortion is ok, would be ok with a woman who when accosted by a man intent on stabbing her with a knife protected herself by picking up her child and using it as a shield.

I don't know... I think it would be hard for her to reach inside herself and pull out the fetus in time

Well I guess you don't know much. There are millions of people and organizations doing exactly that. If the people you know don't maybe you should look deeper or get new friends. Millions give directly to that purpose and millions give to charities that give to that cause. How much did you give?

I was in a position to witness and learn in this area and many others. It was my job. In one of the largest social science lab classes I’m aware of. A Petrie dish of human behavioral experience. Across all socio-economic strata. In the homes and on the streets. I gave in my compensated work place. I gave of my uncompensated free time as well, and I gave of my purse. I’ve literally given a few pieces of me in the field I’m paying for now in other ways.

I’ll not under appreciate what others may have done but I will stack my own against it and not be afraid of the comparison.

Shouldn't Hillary concern herself with NY, since she long ago bailed on Arkansas women in order to further her political ambitions?
Maybe she should be more concerned with the roughly one million aborted babies each year. At some point people have to be held accountable and accept responsibility for their own actions. Democrats like Hillary care not for the innocent babies because they can't vote.

I assume you support massively expanding social welfare networks to take care of a million more unwanted babies every year, yes?

Help if you can.

It amazes me how Democrats can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory when Republicans keep taking shotgun blasts at their own feet in election years like this.

Sure it is. You don't value the baby, why value the child over your life? After all you have a career, you have years invested in your life, your goals. What's that child got a few years that by the time they are adults they will not even recall.
No, it's not close. The child is not inside the woman, living off her body in your situation, so no claim to bodily autonomy decision. There would be other ways to potentially save herself, and that wouldn't have a strong likelihood of ending the threat, so ridiculous and absurd scenario.

The really awful part about your scenario is that it is closer to the scenarios that we've either seen someone defending themselves as "self defense" get acquitted for shooting a child in a truck the person shot into thinking they were shooting at a fleeing criminal or the fact that a person can in fact refuse to give parts of their body, even right before they themselves die, even if it would save a child to do so.

Shouldn't Hillary concern herself with NY, since she long ago bailed on Arkansas women in order to further her political ambitions?
Maybe she should be more concerned with the roughly one million aborted babies each year. At some point people have to be held accountable and accept responsibility for their own actions. Democrats like Hillary care not for the innocent babies because they can't vote.
Her political ambitions? They moved to NY AFTER her husband retired

The Constitutional Amendment that eliminated slavery in the United States of America contains words to the effect that "Congress may enact legislation to effect this."

Congress has never passed any laws making the owning of slaves illegal.

Therefore, since the 13th Amendment is NOT "self executing" (if it was then there would not be any need for Congress to pass legislation to give effect to the 13th Amendment) that means that it is NOT "illegal" to own slaves in the United States of America.

I know that that sounds silly, but that is the line that Mr. Trump is taking with respect to the 14th Amendment.
Once again you have your facts wrong.
AMENDMENT XIII

Section 1.
Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Section 2.
Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Passed by Congress January 31, 1865. Ratified December 6, 1865.

Note: A portion of Article IV, section 2, of the Constitution was superseded by the 13th Amendment.

Looks like it was forbidden to exist, it as enacted by Congress and ratified by the states.

No, it's not close. The child is not inside the woman, living off her body in your situation, so no claim to bodily autonomy decision. There would be other ways to potentially save herself, and that wouldn't have a strong likelihood of ending the threat, so ridiculous and absurd scenario.

The really awful part about your scenario is that it is closer to the scenarios that we've either seen someone defending themselves as "self defense" get acquitted for shooting a child in a truck the person shot into thinking they were shooting at a fleeing criminal or the fact that a person can in fact refuse to give parts of their body, even right before they themselves die, even if it would save a child to do so.
Well that's all your opinion. The child, the baby in the womans womb is a living being. It's a human being regardless of what you choose to call it. It will only ever be a human being. You scenario actually has nothing to do with what I proposed. The mother being responsible for taking the life of a baby or child because it saved her. I know those who favor abortion make lots of but, what if, or it's not really a human being or it's dependent on the mother. Well, all children are dependent on either the parent or a parental caregiver for years before they can manage for themselves.
Abortion is taking a life, plain and simple and should only be considered in the most extreme circumstances, and inconvenience isn't extreme.

Sure it is. You don't value the baby, why value the child over your life? After all you have a career, you have years invested in your life, your goals. What's that child got a few years that by the time they are adults they will not even recall.
Yeah you care, just not very much. I'm imaging all these folks that think abortion is ok, would be ok with a woman who when accosted by a man intent on stabbing her with a knife protected herself by picking up her child and using it as a shield.

These posts are just deranged.

Well that's all your opinion. The child, the baby in the womans womb is a living being. It's a human being regardless of what you choose to call it. It will only ever be a human being. You scenario actually has nothing to do with what I proposed. The mother being responsible for taking the life of a baby or child because it saved her. I know those who favor abortion make lots of but, what if, or it's not really a human being or it's dependent on the mother. Well, all children are dependent on either the parent or a parental caregiver for years before they can manage for themselves.
Abortion is taking a life, plain and simple and should only be considered in the most extreme circumstances, and inconvenience isn't extreme.
Taking a life in defense of self, that is inside you, is a right. And being dependent on any person willing to provide for your needs is different than actually stealing resources from someone who has no choice at all, is the only one who can provide for that "living being" and may die or face great hardship in doing so. That is a decision for them to make, not you.

You don't even have a right to know they are pregnant.

Nonsense: You imagining "babies" being killed in abortions. That's self-indulgent and disturbing.

Now, again: Why does anyone need to be concerned about any number of the unborn aborted? Please explain?
They are human beings. They are life. If you wonder then go with a friend when they have their visit to their obstetrician and hear the heartbeat or when they have their ultrasound and actually get a picture of the baby. The tell your friend it's not alive, it 's not a human being, it's just a clump of cells. See if they are still your friend after that BS.
The abortion crowd has spent decades telling people their BS about it not being life in order to cover up the inhumanity of it.

Taking a life in defense of self, that is inside you, is a right. And being dependent on any person willing to provide for your needs is different than actually stealing resources from someone who has no choice at all, is the only one who can provide for that "living being" and may die or face great hardship in doing so. That is a decision for them to make, not you.

You don't even have a right to know they are pregnant.
So are you claiming that every abortion is done to prevent the death of the mother? Because that's an enormous load of BS. The number of abortions performed to protect the mother from a possible death caused by carrying the child, the act of rape or incest or even sever fetal abnormality is less than 3% of all abortions. So please, tell me you misspoke or you don't think taking a life that is inside you is defense of self. A right, not hardly. Please document for me where the Constitution says that.
Your level of self protection means that if I feel threatened, physically, emotionally, or just from a hardship that is inconvenient says I can shoot down someone who makes me feel any of those things.
How cold and cruel.
If you don't want children there a much better ways to handle it. Birth control, adoption, being more conscious of what your actions may lead too. Millions of couples and individuals are unable to have children and trying to navigate the long and difficult ordeal of adoption. I bet they would love to have that child.

So are you claiming that every abortion is done to prevent the death of the mother? Because that's an enormous load of BS. The number of abortions performed to protect the mother from a possible death caused by carrying the child, the act of rape or incest or even sever fetal abnormality is less than 3% of all abortions. So please, tell me you misspoke or you don't think taking a life that is inside you is defense of self. A right, not hardly. Please document for me where the Constitution says that.
Notice that you missed part of the argument. To claim self defense at all, you don't just need to be facing "death". It can be bodily harm. Rape can even be a reason to use lethal force against another.

Do you or the state have a right to know when a woman is pregnant?

You personally:
--considering the unborn a baby​
--considering it wrong to kill an unborn human​
--abortion should only be considered in the most extreme circumstances​
--that a woman's needs = "inconveniences"​
are all YOUR opinion 🤷

Did you have any other point?

They are human beings. They are life. If you wonder then go with a friend when they have their visit to their obstetrician and hear the heartbeat or when they have their ultrasound and actually get a picture of the baby. The tell your friend it's not alive, it 's not a human being, it's just a clump of cells. See if they are still your friend after that BS.
The abortion crowd has spent decades telling people their BS about it not being life in order to cover up the inhumanity of it.
I have two children, have heard their heartbeats. What I don't do is assume I speak for anyone else when it comes to the decisions they make for their bodies, their pregnancies. My pregnancies involved me wanting to have my children. That happened. Other people don't have to feel the same as I did because it is their body, their feelings about the risks they are taking.

Who ever said the unborn are not alive? Not me, ever, so that does not apply to me.

The question is...who says it's wrong to kill the unborn? What authority that Americans are obligated to follow? Not the Const., not SCOTUS...so who?

If a woman needs an abortion, it's completely unAmerican to believe the govt or strangers have the right to demand she risk her health, even her life, her bodily autonomy, her self-determination, her commitments and obligations to others, her responsibilities to tax payers, to deny her one.

Right? If you disagree, please explain why?

I have two children, have heard their heartbeats. What I don't do is assume I speak for anyone else when it comes to the decisions they make for their bodies, their pregnancies. My pregnancies involved me wanting to have my children. That happened. Other people don't have to feel the same as I did because it is their body, their feelings about the risks they are taking.
well said

Notice that you missed part of the argument. To claim self defense at all, you don't just need to be facing "death". It can be bodily harm. Rape can even be a reason to use lethal force against another.

I noticed that you can't read. The following was from the post #39
"Your level of self protection means that if I feel threatened, physically, emotionally, or just from a hardship that is inconvenient says I can shoot down someone who makes me feel any of those things." I think I covered the realm of why you may be threatened. Admit it, abortion is a cruel end to a human life that is almost never warranted by any conditions but selfishness.

If you intend to end a life, or if you intend to use medical care, particularly government paid for care. Yes!

I noticed that you can't read.
Your level of self protection means that if I feel threatened, physically, emotionally, or just from a hardship that is inconvenient says I can shoot down someone who makes me feel any of those things. I think I covered the realm of why you may be threatened. Admit it, abortion is a cruel end to a human life that is almost never warranted by any conditions but selfishness.
Castle Doctrine pretty much just says the person needs to feel the intrusion is a threat. If a part of someone's body going inside another without permission is rape or sexual assault, then so too would be a body inside without permission.

Abortion isn't cruel at all. Denying abortion is cruel. I'm for quality of life over quantity of life, and you don't even have a right to know any woman is pregnant.

If you intend to end a life, or if you intend to use medical care, particularly government paid for care. Yes!
No. That isn't true at all. In fact, working for the government while pregnant, the shipyard worker was adamant about insisting that the government, as the employer, has no legal right to know you are pregnant (that only doesn't apply to the military, but has nothing to do with abortion and everything to do with health and fitness level of servicemember who would be pregnant).

Funny how so many conservatives really don't give a damn about privacy as long as it is something they want to control regarding others.

You are just ignoring the fact that it is not one life. It is two.
Aren't you and your children that your parents chose life.
you guys are gonna get annihilated in elections for a long time and it's because you're trying to control young women you don't even know.

which is also creepy.

Back
Top Bottom