• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are only white people in the US capable of racism?

In the US, are only white people capable of racism?

• Total voters
Not even you can be as naïve as to believe your statement. Wait until Obama declares to recognize the caliphate and further emboldens them.
When they are at your door, will you still not have "too much to worry about"?

Do you vote?

I am the only white man capable of racism. I hereby decline the motion, the ocean, and the medicated lotion.

Good thing it was me, huh?

I am the only white man capable of racism. I hereby decline the motion, the ocean, and the medicated lotion.

Good thing it was me, huh?

So you're the evil racist the world has been looking for? :lol:

What do you think?

I phrased the question slightly differently for the actual poll question. I'm specifically asking about racism in the US. I'm not asking if you think only white Americans are capable racism in all the world.

The answer is no of course. I have a question back. Why would location matter?

The answer is no of course. I have a question back. Why would location matter?

Because, in my experience, those who try to evade the fact that all people are capable of racism do so by saying that maybe somewhere else in the world that people other than white might also be racist but, here in the states, it's only whites.

Not when there is a concerted effort by 300 million Muslims to kill them. Not a large number at all.

How about some actual proof of this claim instead of you ridiculous "debate" with RM who keeps asking you to back your claims and you keep making Emotional Appeals?

They have more power to inflict pain over other races. Being racist without power is like being rich without any money or wealth. Meaningless.

You can't be rich without money... you can have ideas without power though and that leads us to the interesting question: What is power?

You made a claim, of which I owe no duty to prove. You have made a claim that 300 million muslims have been instructed by the Muslim clerics or leaders to kill Christians. And that through some type of concerted effect, these 300 million muslim are doing just that.

Never in the history of human kind has there been such a large number, or organized group of people, who have collectively engaged in genocide at one time for whatever the reason.

You didn't give an answer. You've gone on the attack because you can't provide an answer that is accurate or factual in any way to the statement that you made.

You have provided no proof of your stance. It would appear that you practice what you accuse others of doing. This is to be expected by a denier of facts. The facts of my statement are in the news on a daily basis but you choose to ignore any facts that don't support you. It is to be expected from one with your obvious political stance.

BTW, take a look at what is printed on those signs telling others what to do when Islam is not respected in the manner the Muslims desire. And what they say should be done to any who dare to question them. But don't you worry about it. You obviously venerate those murderers and their religion.

He won this aspect of the debate with his first line: You made a claim, of which I owe no duty to prove.

RM 1
Arjay 0

huring-his-wrrists-comic.jpg

You can't be rich without money... you can have ideas without power though and that leads us to the interesting question: What is power?

You may be rich without money, but power in this case is the ability to hold people back. If I control the power in congress, I can make laws the effect people. A business owner holds power over who is hired, and can be arbitrary about who is hired. When others have too much control over your life, they have power. Hating a race is less a concern when there is no power to effect that race. The more power a prejudice person holds, the more important and concerning that prejudice is.

Racism exist at all levels in the species Homo sapiens. Sometimes it's more transparent in some than others. Most human beings, at first sight, tend to be skeptical of those who are different. Of course class racism plays a role as well. Just as much racism is alive and well, in my personal opinion, in African Americans and other minorities as in the predominant white race. Those who feel at the bottom of society might be more contemptuous of their so-called superiors. A lot of racism is cultural and subjective with much stemming from personal experience with the contrasting ethnic groups. No, whites are not the only ones capable of racism, however they for the most part, possess the power to demonstrate this negative characteristic more so than other poorer groups

What do you think?

I phrased the question slightly differently for the actual poll question. I'm specifically asking about racism in the US. I'm not asking if you think only white Americans are capable racism in all the world.

A lot of blacks are horribly racist. I went to school in the 60s and 70s.

The narrative is that the US is the most racist of anywhere, but people generally don't know what happens outside their own little lives.

Most people would be surprised what the real world is like.

Racism is taught and it's geographical. If you live in areas where there's a high degree of intolerance for someone who doesn't look much like you, where there's little to no interaction between people of different racial or cultural backgrounds, then you tend to either retreat to what's most familiar to you OR you belief fully in the stereo types.

It's a common question and it misses the point. Black racism against whites in a predominantly white society is far less harmful to whites than white racism is against blacks, and the harm racism causes is why we talk about it the way we do in the first place.

Because, in my experience, those who try to evade the fact that all people are capable of racism do so by saying that maybe somewhere else in the world that people other than white might also be racist but, here in the states, it's only whites.

Well those people don't understand what the word racist means. Location plays no role that's pure stupidity.

Well those people don't understand what the word racist means. Location plays no role that's pure stupidity.

Location can play a serious role for the reason I just said.

It's a common question and it misses the point. Black racism against whites in a predominantly white society is far less harmful to whites than white racism is against blacks, and the harm racism causes is why we talk about it the way we do in the first place.

Are you saying whites have a thicker skin than blacks? Racism is racism no matter the skin color.

I have a few of the young black people at work who hate me for no other reason than my skin color. A few of them have tried to intimidate me out on the job with their "in your face attitudes". I am from the streets myself, and I just laugh at them, and I let them know right away that this white boy isn't going to fold up like a cheap lawn chair just because they have a chip on their shoulder.

About 2/3 of the crew are black, and many of the older ones are as nice a group that I have ever worked around. I do a lot of home repairs for them to help them save a little money on the side.

It goes both ways, and I really don't give a crap about it.....never have.

Location can play a serious role for the reason I just said.

No, it can't as for the question of if its racism or not. The op is not asking about size, affect and or scale of racism only if whites can be racist. The definition of racism doesn't care about amount of harm. Location has no impact on that what so ever.

Are you saying whites have a thicker skin than blacks? Racism is racism no matter the skin color.

Not saying that. Saying something like this: If ten people say to one person, none of us like you, the impact on that one person likely is greater than would be the impact on each of the ten people by the one person saying, I don't like any of you.

Or you could say, using your metaphor, that whites do have a collective thicker skin. In the above example, ten times thicker.

No, it can't as for the question of if its racism or not. The op is not asking about size, affect and or scale of racism only if whites can be racist. The definition of racism doesn't care about amount of harm. Location has no impact on that what so ever.

What is the point of recognizing the existence of different racism while ignoring the differences in its effects? Maybe the point is to discount those differences even though the harmful effects of racism are the reason racism concerns us.

Back
Top Bottom