• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

... and this is someone who teaches our children

I think she represents anti-Semite teachers, who should quickly become anti-Semite former teachers.

You too? So you think that a person's personal ideology should determine their eligibility for work in this country?

I thought conservatives, republicans, etc, all supported the constitution? I thought they were all about freedom, and such...

You too? So you think that a person's personal ideology should determine their eligibility for work in this country?

I don't think racists should be employed as teachers. Neither should pedophiles.

And yet YOU started this thread, YOU feel that because of her job, that woman is not allowed to say certain things outside of said job, YOU called her employers to complain about her exercising her right to free speech.

Seems to me it IS a little difficult for you.

She is not only allowed to express her opinions and beliefs, I encourage it... People have the right to say what they want, but they don't have a right to be protected from the possible negative consequences that may result from those views they expressed.

I know this may be difficult for you to understand, but the values and beliefs of the people who teach our children does matter. Maybe you don't care if your children (or future children) are being taught by someone who harbors or expresses religious or racial hatred, but I assure you there are millions of parents out there who do... Including myself.

Tell us, Grim. What do you think what she said represents?

Anti-Semitism... Pure and simple.

Let's change the wording a little, and see how this strikes you:

“I think that the NAACP, who are running these big banks and our Federal Reserve, which is not run by the federal government… they need to be run out of this country.”

If a school teacher said that the NAACP should be run out of this country, it would be branded "hate speech", that person would be labeled a racist, they would be vilified by the national media, and they would lose their teaching job immediately...

But since it was about Jews, the media and the left could care less.

Anti-Semitism... Pure and simple.

Let's change the wording a little, and see how this strikes you:

If a school teacher said that the NAACP should be run out of this country, it would be branded "hate speech", that person would be labeled a racist, they would be vilified by the national media, and they would lose their teaching job immediately...

But since it was about Jews, the media and the left could care less.

Grim... I'm from the left and I certainly care about anti-semitism. Being Jewish, I've been victimized by it before, so your overgeneralizations are ridiculous. Beyond that, if you are making a specific statement in regards to this particular woman... not all women, not all blacks, not all liberals, I support your position on this... to a point. We do not know if this woman is presenting her views to her students. If she is, she needs to be removed. If not, then she does not.

As much as she disgusts me, as long as it doesn't affect her job, as long as she isn't teaching her students this hate...I don't see how it would be a problem. People are allowed to hate....even teachers.

Same reason why you don't let drug addicts be pharmacists. And yes, pharmacists get regular drug tests.
Punish the crime, not the potential for the crime. Obviously, a druggy is going to have a hard time finding ANY legit job, but that's up to the companies descretion, not the governments.

She is not only allowed to express her opinions and beliefs, I encourage it... People have the right to say what they want, but they don't have a right to be protected from the possible negative consequences that may result from those views they expressed.

I know this may be difficult for you to understand, but the values and beliefs of the people who teach our children does matter. Maybe you don't care if your children (or future children) are being taught by someone who harbors or expresses religious or racial hatred, but I assure you there are millions of parents out there who do... Including myself.

As long as those beliefs don't surface in the class room, I don't care my children's teachers are fascist neo nazis, if they do a good job of educating my kids.

Nothing to say about the fact that this woman teaches our children huh... What a fricking shock!!!

I don't know why you're so surprised - teachers can be just as full of **** as people of any other profession.

OUTSTANDING!

The school district did exactly what they should have done, and I applaud them for doing the right thing. Here is what the schools Superintendent said in a statement:

Deasy says that although freedom of speech is a protected right of public employees, the LAUSD can’t set a good example for students while tolerating disrespectful, intolerant or discriminatory behavior.

For once, someone in California made the right call.

Was she fired because there are actually no Zionist Jews running these banks?
/honest question

Was she fired because there are actually no Zionist Jews running these banks?
/honest question

She was fired because of the anti-Semitic comments she made and you damned well know that.

So let me ask you... Do you really think that the "honesty" of what she said, is in any way relevant to this situation?

No guys you see Grims concern for the School system is touching my heart in ways I could never imagine.

His genuine concern for childrens well being in schools, not trying to paint the OWS as a raging anti-semitic mob is of course his primary concern.

THE CHILDREN of course.

Which he has such concern for a woman with these kinds of views being teacher, whilst of course ignoring the fact that this teacher has never voiced those views within the classroom...

So while...

In their 2002 survey on 2064 students in 8th through 11th grade, the American Association of University Women (AAUW) reported:[5]

83% of girls have been sexually harassed
78% of boys have been sexually harassed
38% of the students were harassed by teachers or school employees
36% of school employees or teachers were harassed by students
42% of school employees or teachers had been harassed by each other

In their 2002 survey, the AAUW reported that, of students who had been harassed, 38% were harassed by teachers or other school employees. One survey, conducted with psychology students, reports that 10% had sexual interactions with their educators; in turn, 13% of educators reported sexual interaction with their students.[7] In a survey of high school students, 14% reported that they had engaged in sexual intercourse with a teacher. (Wishnietsky, 1991) In a national survey conducted for the American Association of University Women Educational Foundation in 2000 found that roughly 290,000 students experienced some sort of physical sexual abuse by a public school employee between 1991 and 2000. And a major 2004 study commissioned by the U.S. Department of Education found that nearly 10 percent of U.S. public school students reported having been targeted with sexual attention by school employees. Indeed, one critic has claimed that sexual harassment and abuse by teachers is 100 times more frequent than abuse by priests.[8]

Sexual harassment in education in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm glad to see his concern about American education is in the right place :lol:

So if you had a job, and I called or emailed your employer with all the things you've said and post on this forum and just said "Hey I got nothing against free speech, but I thought you'd like to know what you're employee has been saying, just FYI" and say your employer decided he didn't like what you've written because his opinion is the same as many of the people in this thread and others of yours, and then decided to fire you.

Would you feel thats ok? Would you feel that while no one has technically stopped you from exercising your free speech, you're being punished for doing so anyway?

By the way, I hate this bull**** debate ploy of talking about how she teaches "our" children. No she doesn't, she doesn't teach the children of anyone you are talking to, and probably teaches about 50-80 students, and thats if she's in high school and sees different students in different classes. Don't try and make sound like whatever she's doing is affecting us all, because frankly its not.

Last edited:
So.... using the same logic. If I think that homosexuality is the most horrible sin on earth and my childs teacher is a homosexual... even though the teacher isnt teaching homosexuality or even remotely bringing up the subject at school.. this gives me the right to get her fired for what she does outside of her job???? hmmmm.... I think we have to be VERY careful, how many of us do things (whatever they may be... goin to the bar, smoking pot, sexual promiscuity, whatever it may be) that we would most definitely not do at work or talk about at work. So should we all be fired?

I say if she was teaching her students all about this, yes, by all means, fire her. If she was just teaching math, science, reading, whatever shes normally supposed to teach...leave her alone. There's alot of stupid in this world, we cant fire everyone.

Last edited:
She was fired because of the anti-Semitic comments she made and you damned well know that.

So let me ask you... Do you really think that the "honesty" of what she said, is in any way relevant to this situation?
This coming from a conservative who as a group preach F-R-E-E-D-O-M. Hypocrites!!!

Was it your email that did the trick, Grim?

So if you had a job, and I called or emailed your employer with all the things you've said and post on this forum and just said "Hey I got nothing against free speech, but I thought you'd like to know what you're employee has been saying, just FYI" and say your employer decided he didn't like what you've written because his opinion is the same as many of the people in this thread and others of yours, and then decided to fire you.

Would you feel thats ok? Would you feel that while no one has technically stopped you from exercising your free speech, you're being punished for doing so anyway?

The woman is responsible for helping to form the views and thoughts of children, so her beliefs do matter. If she was bold enough to express her bigotry and hatred in front of a camera during a public interview, then she obviously feels that there is nothing wrong or inappropriate about those views. That being the case, why would she feel those views were inappropriate in front of her students?

It's all about her being a teacher. If for example, she worked in an office doing data entry or maybe she was a waitress, then her job wouldn't be an issue... She would be just another anti-Semitic leftist displaying her bigotry.

To answer your question, if you felt that my views weren't appropriate for a person in my chosen profession, you have every right to tell my employer about them. It's like I said before, everyone has a right to free speech, but they don't have a right to be protected from the possible negative consequences that may result from the views they expressed... This lady is now a living example of this.

By the way, I hate this bull**** debate ploy of talking about how she teaches "our" children. No she doesn't, she doesn't teach the children of anyone you are talking to, and probably teaches about 50-80 students, and thats if she's in high school and sees different students in different classes. Don't try and make sound like whatever she's doing is affecting us all, because frankly its not.

When I say "our" children, I mean American children... You may look at it like "it isn't my kid, so who cares" but I don't.

... and the leftists come out of the wood-work to defend this bigot. How lovely.

... and the leftists come out of the wood-work to defend this bigot. How lovely.
And the implication of you comment is what, Grim?

Should teachers who speak out against homosexuals outside of the classrooms be fired as well? Something to think about!!

So.... using the same logic. If I think that homosexuality is the most horrible sin on earth and my childs teacher is a homosexual... even though the teacher isnt teaching homosexuality or even remotely bringing up the subject at school.. this gives me the right to get her fired for what she does outside of her job????

If a parent feels it's wrong, they have every right in the world to express that to the school. You know, freedom of speech? It's up to the school to determine if that warrants firing or not.

hmmmm.... I think we have to be VERY careful, how many of us do things (whatever they may be... goin to the bar, smoking pot, sexual promiscuity, whatever it may be) that we would most definitely not do at work or talk about at work. So should we all be fired?

She teaches our children for christ's sake! Do you want your children taught to hate Jews or anyone else for that matter? And don't give me that "well, as long as she doesn't express that in the class room..." line of crap... That would only be a valid argument if the schools had someone there in the classroom to monitor what the teacher said. Since they don't, we have to trust that she wouldn't have expressed her bigotry, and when it comes to forming the views and thoughts of our kids, that is a chance we can't afford to take.

I say if she was teaching her students all about this, yes, by all means, fire her. If she was just teaching math, science, reading, whatever shes normally supposed to teach...leave her alone. There's alot of stupid in this world, we cant fire everyone.

Oops... Guess I spoke too soon... Geez

She teaches our children for christ's sake! Do you want your children taught to hate Jews or anyone else for that matter? And don't give me that "well, as long as she doesn't express that in the class room..." line of crap... That would only be a valid argument if the schools had someone there in the classroom to monitor what the teacher said. Since they don't, we have to trust that she wouldn't have expressed her bigotry, and when it comes to forming the views and thoughts of our kids, that is a chance we can't afford to take.
I've been married to a fine Jewish woman for 39 years and I don't like what this woman said on that camera. The school certainly has the right to fire her ass, but in my view she should not have been fired unless it's been shown she teaches this crap in her classes.

So, please clarify what you meant when you wrote: ... and the leftists come out of the wood-work to defend this bigot. How lovely. Is that your way of saying we're bigots?

Back
Top Bottom