• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Amazon Prime is producing a Prime film based in the world of Fallout

Walton Goggins alone makes it worth a try, I love him in everything he's in.

That said, I think it's a longshot to be actually good.

Also I might have misread the details, or at least it is unclear if this will be a movie or a series.

While major online film studio not named HBO and Netflix have been busy ruining franchises, I still have some glimmer of hope that Amazon Prime's Fallout movie will be good.

The images from of the series, releasing April 2024, certainly look visually promising. Now, all that the writers and directors and producers need to do is stick to what made the Fallout series great and avoid trying to make Fallout movie about themselves...

Anyway, the stills all look brilliant. Also, while they won't say which game era this movie will take place in, it sure looks like Fallout 4...

View attachment 67480477

View attachment 67480478

Walton Goggins plays a ghoul bounty hunter.

View attachment 67480479

Anyway, I'll stay optimistic because it looks so good..
Definitely Fallout 4, BOS V T-60 Armor, 5.56 Long Barrel Assault Rifle with Recoil Compensating Stock and a pretty good copy of The Prydwen. I will be interested in seeing how good a story line they develop.

Ok, that looks pretty awesome, hope they can do the series justice. It is a ripe world for great TV making.

It is a game based on the idea that the apocalypse happened in the 50s and vaults were made to house people to protect them from the fallout radiation. The game picks up after the radiation has dropped off. You play as a person that comes out of one of the vaults to scout the world and see if it is safe to return.

The idea being that some people did not live in vaults but survived the bombings and radiation.
Sounds somewhat like the series "Silo" currently on Apple TV.

Sounds somewhat like the series "Silo" currently on Apple TV.
It's not.

Silo was about the people living IN the silo and the people who maintained control no matter what the cost.

Fallout is mostly about what's happening outside the bunkers.

I played one of the Fallout versions a little. At the time, I was more into MMORPG's.

If Prime can do as well as The Last of US, it'll be a good show.

Walton Goggins playing a Ghoul? I'll definitely give it a watch.
I saw him in “Justified.” Interesrting actor and part, you think anyone recommended a stage name?

Pinball and Perot?

You can’t remember nickel pinball, I’ll wager!
That is fair.
images

Any of you’re remember when “DOOM” was freeware?
There were ‘free’ discs at many checkout counters, just like AOL.

I cut my teeth on ACTIVISION1

Pong was my first exposure. My parents had long age released me into the wild. I liked the FPS games, (first person shooter,) “Seventh Guest” was well thought out with a few glitches. ”Wolfenstein” evolved into a decent game, but you had to ‘save game’ real often!
Was “Fallout” a ”DOOM” clone, there were a bunch of games that came out that were based on some of the earlier games that I was familiar with in the early 1990s?

Any of you’re remember when “DOOM” was freeware?
There were ‘free’ discs at many checkout counters, just like AOL.

I cut my teeth on ACTIVISION1

Pong was my first exposure. My parents had long age released me into the wild. I liked the FPS games, (first person shooter,) “Seventh Guest” was well thought out with a few glitches. ”Wolfenstein” evolved into a decent game, but you had to ‘save game’ real often!
Was “Fallout” a ”DOOM” clone, there were a bunch of games that came out that were based on some of the earlier games that I was familiar with in the early 1990s?
I remember paying to play Pong in the pinball arcade.

I remember paying to play Pong in the pinball arcade.
My buddy got an, I think it was ACTIVISION, console in the early 1980s. He would practice all week and then kick my butt on the weekends.(PONG) I still have one in the basement, (console.) ‘River Raid’ was the bomb! I have the joysticks and the rotating controllers and a handful of cartridges. I need to get it on E Bay!

They have been working on the series for a long time, I can't wait!

A few weeks ago I decided to re-do Fallout 4, but the damned thing crashed on me so many times, so I downloaded Fallout 76. I like it, but I am going solo as much as I can, I don't care for group play.

Of course that makes it harder, I just got to level 30, have access to a few good weapons, but I need to get to 40 for my advanced sniper rifle, the one I have breaks all the time, and finding aluminum and duct tape is a drag.

Walton Goggins alone makes it worth a try, I love him in everything he's in.

That said, I think it's a longshot to be actually good.

As long as they play the greatest hits of the 1950s on their radios like in the video games, I am happy.

New trailer just dropped.

It looks pretty damned good.

Ok, that looks pretty awesome, hope they can do the series justice. It is a ripe world for great TV making.

It is a game based on the idea that the apocalypse happened in the 50s and vaults were made to house people to protect them from the fallout radiation. The game picks up after the radiation has dropped off. You play as a person that comes out of one of the vaults to scout the world and see if it is safe to return.

The idea being that some people did not live in vaults but survived the bombings and radiation.

The anesthetics are from the 1950s but the technology at least for #4 was more like 2150

The anesthetics are from the 1950s but the technology at least for #4 was more like 2150
Yeah, the tech seems a bit more advanced in some ways. alternate universe kind of thing. Robot helpers and the armor suits. The cars looked like the 50s but I think the they could fly?? been a bit since I played.

They do a better job on Sci-Fi properties. The Man in the High Castle was pretty good.
MITHC started off great, but fell off a cliff in the last season.

The best part on this is there is no story to try and recreate, they can just make something up. The visuals look pretty good.
The visuals in Halo looked good too, just saying... ;)

Back
Top Bottom