• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Amazon Prime is producing a Prime film based in the world of Fallout

jmotivator

Computer Gaming Nerd
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
While major online film studio not named HBO and Netflix have been busy ruining franchises, I still have some glimmer of hope that Amazon Prime's Fallout movie will be good.

The images from of the series, releasing April 2024, certainly look visually promising. Now, all that the writers and directors and producers need to do is stick to what made the Fallout series great and avoid trying to make Fallout movie about themselves...

Anyway, the stills all look brilliant. Also, while they won't say which game era this movie will take place in, it sure looks like Fallout 4...

1701279510009.png

1701279658833.png

Walton Goggins plays a ghoul bounty hunter.

1701279707310.png

Anyway, I'll stay optimistic because it looks so good..

We don't have Amazon Prime and have no intentions of getting it. So, guess I will miss out.
Looks like it could be a good SciFi.

Ok, that looks pretty awesome, hope they can do the series justice. It is a ripe world for great TV making.
Whats Fallout?
It is a game based on the idea that the apocalypse happened in the 50s and vaults were made to house people to protect them from the fallout radiation. The game picks up after the radiation has dropped off. You play as a person that comes out of one of the vaults to scout the world and see if it is safe to return.

The idea being that some people did not live in vaults but survived the bombings and radiation.

While major online film studio not named HBO and Netflix have been busy ruining franchises, I still have some glimmer of hope that Amazon Prime's Fallout movie will be good.

The images from of the series, releasing April 2024, certainly look visually promising. Now, all that the writers and directors and producers need to do is stick to what made the Fallout series great and avoid trying to make Fallout movie about themselves...

Anyway, the stills all look brilliant. Also, while they won't say which game era this movie will take place in, it sure looks like Fallout 4...

View attachment 67480477

View attachment 67480478

View attachment 67480479

Walton Goggins playing a Ghoul? I'll definitely give it a watch.

View attachment 67480477

View attachment 67480478

View attachment 67480479

Amazon Prime has already ruined LOTR and Wheel of Time, so Im not holding my breath on this one.

Aesthetics look pleasing.

Amazon has Their hits and misses, stuff like The Boys… largely amazing.

Stuff like Rings of Power well… Not so much.

So we shall see.

I’d rather see one in the STALKER setting. Nice, dark and Slavic.

Amazon Prime has already ruined LOTR and Wheel of Time, so Im not holding my breath on this one.

They do a better job on Sci-Fi properties. The Man in the High Castle was pretty good.

Perot! Why you are wet behind the ears.

Mine was Reagan and I know Fallout.

(But then again I'm a geezer gamer.)

WW

The first time I played Fallout 1 was as a demo floppy that came with my PC Gaming World magazine. :LOL:

My first vote was for Michael Dukakis.

My first console was Pong

My first PC I purchased with my own money was a Hewlett Packard 286sx-12

Not quite as old as you, but old enough to have experienced the PC revolution from the beginning.

Ok, that looks pretty awesome, hope they can do the series justice. It is a ripe world for great TV making.

It is a game based on the idea that the apocalypse happened in the 50s and vaults were made to house people to protect them from the fallout radiation. The game picks up after the radiation has dropped off. You play as a person that comes out of one of the vaults to scout the world and see if it is safe to return.

The idea being that some people did not live in vaults but survived the bombings and radiation.

The character back stories sound rather good so far as well. The main character is played by Ella Purnell who is a naive but upbeat and optimistic vault dweller entering the world for the first time. Her father, the vault elder, is played by Kyle MacLachlan. Another main character will be a member of the Brotherhood of Steel.

It has all it needs to be good, now it just needs good writers...

Yeah, my only real optimism comes from the fact that you could just look at the visuals from production of WoT and LotR and know they were screwing it up.

Reactions: PoS
The best part on this is there is no story to try and recreate, they can just make something up. The visuals look pretty good.

The first time I played Fallout 1 was as a demo floppy that came with my PC Gaming World magazine. :LOL:

Not quite as old as you, but old enough to have experienced the PC revolution from the beginning.

I dont recall what was first PC I bought, but I believe the memory was like 40Megs. It came along with a huge DOS mannual. You put in a floppy disk with some program; do a CD\ something to the drive; loaded program; removed disk; then slipped in another floppy to pull up file you intend to work on into program;....

Sounds like stone age of PC

1701286975516.png

I dont recall what was first PC I bought, but I believe the memory was like 40Megs. It came along with a huge DOS mannual. You put in a floppy disk with some program; do a CD\ something to the drive; loaded program; removed disk; then slipped in another floppy to pull up file you intend to work on into program;....

Sounds like stone age of PC

My 286sx-12 had a whole megabyte of memory and a 15 megabyte hard drive. Back when the original Wing Commander came out I had to uninstall everything but Wing Commander in order to install it.

Back
Top Bottom