• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

6 Ways the GOP Congress Is Out of Step With the American People

jaeger19;1062533536]Certainly possible.. But that would be your issue. Certainly I met a number of management that didn't have a business clue but knew how to play the corporate game. I can however speak to your posts regarding this economy and you are absolutely in fantasy land. "worst recovery in history"... and next "no reason for a person to be out of work"...
the disconnect is obvious.

Actually the disconnect is yours and I will put my resume and 35 years of business experience along with street smarts up against yours any time. Maybe you ought to take up the issue with Forbes and the WSJ

Obama Wins The Gold For Worst Economic Recovery Ever - Forbes

Edward Lazear: The Worst Economic Recovery in History - WSJ.com

Nope.. what you don't understand is that the underlying reasons for the recession were vastly different. Reagan inherited a strong economy that had high inflation due to a oil crisis (which could resolve due through political intervention) and because the Fed raising interest rates ( which Reagan could over time lobby the Fed for easing as inflation went down)... In addition Reagan had a free reign to spend like a madman..

Strong economy? LOL, it was a double dip recession and your rhetoric if fueled by media spin. Economic policies of Carter caused the recession that Reagan inherited. For someone who claims to have started many companies and turned them around you certainly don't show any understanding of leadership.

Obama inherited a vastly different economy. First and foremost its an economy that was built for the last 15 years on nothing but free credit. Its a false economy. Secondly, the underpinnings of the economy, wages, middle class, manufacturing base, and international competition, and globalization are vastly different than thirty years ago.

Regardless of what Obama inherited what did he do to improve it? Stimulus? ACA? Massive entitlement growth? Redistribution of wealth? demonizing individual wealth creation? What economic policies has Obama created that stimulated and grows the private sector?

Reagan would have not done any better in this economy than did Obama.. in fact, he likely would never have even made it out of the republican primary. Its not leadership, its the fact that government cannot solve the economy

That is your opinion but I will put the Reagan leadership skills far above our Community agitator. It is a fact that leadership is what brought us out of the double dip recession of 80/81/82 recession, leadership that you appear to not understand

Unfortunately its you that don't understand. The point is.. that the economy didn't go bad because of Obama, or Bush.. it was not because of an issue the government deals with. (in 1981 the Fed increasing interest rate WAS a government issue).. The point being.. and you keep missing this.. is that if the cause is not a government issue or controlled by the government.. its less likely that the answer will be government intervention...

Again, the economic recovery is the issue here or lack of economic recovery. Economic policy was established by Obama so tell me what economic prediction Obama made that has been accurate?

Your position regarding the " victim mentality" you accuse me of having is ironic. Because its you that that have the "victim mentality". You think you are a victim of "Obama". Its your expectation that the government will be able to turn this economy around once.. "Obama is out of there"... But such is simply not the case. Its not about leadership.. its about facts, its about the reality of the economy. You think government is the answer.. that all we need is some republican president to swoop in on a white unicorn shooting rainbows out its butt, wave a magic wand and make all our troubles go away.
But the fact is that our economy didn't get this way because of a government issue and government is ultimately NOT going to be the answer.

I have never been a victim of any President, totally self made, never cared about what someone else made or paid in taxes. Never believed that my wealth was created at the expense of someone else. Was always taught personal responsibility, a trait missing by far too many. I know the govt. isn't the answer but better tell that to Obama who is trying to micro manage the economy and create that massive central govt. that liberals believe is utopia.

The govt. didn't get this way because of govt. action but is staying this way because of poor leadership and economic policies

Now.. how much of a tax cut did I and my family get? A HUGE tax cut. Not only did I get the Bush tax cuts that were continued under Obama, but under the stimulus program my business as did other businesses get huge tax cuts.. from out right tax credits, to increased depreciation schedules to lower of the FICA taxes, so on and so forth. In fact, my relative tax rate was the lowest that it had ever been after the stimulus bill tax cuts.

No, sorry, you got to keep the tax cut from Bush, you got nothing else. How did your business tax cuts result in economic growth and job creation since we have 3 million fewer people working today than we had when the recession began in December 2007. FICA taxes fund SS and Medicare but you would never know that with the education today. Interesting how people like you support the LBJ unified budget and you call someone else a liberal?

But here is the problem with tax cuts for business... THEY DO NOT SOLVE THE FUNDAMENTAL BUSINESS ISSUE WHICH IS FEWER CUSTOMERS BUYING FEWER PRODUCTS... Sure, I kept more of the money I made.. but the money I made those years was LESS because there were fewer people with money coming through the door. I am not going to expand my business because of a tax cut.. that would be stupid.. only when I have increased DEMAND would I expand to meet that demand.

There are four components of GDP with each contributing to the economy. Personal tax cuts are the ones that drive our economic growth. When people keep more of what they earn that benefits economic activity whether they save it, spend it, invest it, or pay down debt. You are going to expand your business when your business grows and that isn't going to happen until Obama resigns or is fired.

The single biggest thing that the Stimulus bill did for business was to extend the unemployment benefits because it helped and probably continues to help prop up businesses by having more folks through the door with money to spend. And that's the irony.. because its those unemployment benefits that republicans like yourself are so against.. even though they were probably the best thing the government could do in the short term.

Yes, what we got out of that expansion of unemployment benefits are millions of long term unemployed who are now almost unemployable. It promoted laziness which we are seeing today. Now we have 7.9 million long term part time employees seeking full time jobs as part of the 22 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers and that is a big thank you for almost 2 years of unemployment benefits. What the govt. should have done is show some tough love, like I am sure you have done over the years in your business.

Actually the disconnect is yours and I will put my resume and 35 years of business experience along with street smarts up against yours any time. Maybe you ought to take up the issue with Forbes and the WSJ

Yeah.. I think you might want to stay away from comparing yourself to me.. you don't do so well compared to the smarts of my 12 year old son, let alone me.

I presented your statements to my son and asked him what he thought.

: First Your claim of the worst recovery ever.. and then

Yes, what we got out of that expansion of unemployment benefits are millions of long term unemployed who are now almost unemployable. It promoted laziness which we are seeing today. Now we have 7.9 million long term part time employees seeking full time jobs as part of the 22 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers and that is a big thank you for almost 2 years of unemployment benefits. What the govt. should have done is show some tough love, like I am sure you have done over the years in your business.

My 12 year old son said "Dad.. that guy makes no sense. How can he on one hand claim that the economy has recovered so much that there are jobs for all the people out of work but they are too lazy to go to work.. and then say that the economy is in the worst recovery ever?.. If the jobs have returned from the recession (but people are too lazy to work) , then the economy has recovered. If there has been little to no recovery then people are out of work because their are no jobs, not because they are lazy."

He then said "Dad.. is this one of your patients with brain injury?"..

And I had to tell him no.. I don't think he is brain injured.. and then I had to explain that you are an example of what happens when people stop thinking rationally and let their emotions rule.

[

So.. worst recovery in history.. (which would sort of mean no jobs for people now wouldn't it) and next.. people are out of work because they are lazy and should be forced to go to work.. tough love... right?

Strong economy? LOL, it was a double dip recession and your rhetoric if fueled by media spin. Economic policies of Carter caused the recession that Reagan inherited. For someone who claims to have started many companies and turned them around you certainly don't show any understanding of leadership
It was a double dip recession because the Fed raised interest rates to combat inflation.. NOT because the underpinnings of the economy were bad as they are now.

Not media.. simply facts. YOUR rhetoric is fueled by the media. I know a lot about leadership since I started and run my own businesses from the ground up. and first and foremost a leader needs to understand the problems he/she faces.. not go on wild flights of fancy.

Regardless of what Obama inherited what did he do to improve it? Stimulus? ACA? Massive entitlement growth? Redistribution of wealth? demonizing individual wealth creation? What economic policies has Obama created that stimulated and grows the private sector?

Nothing.. that's because government isn't the answer. Government was not the cause of our recession and its not the answer to our recession. That's in part why you really are a liberal.. because you think the government is the answer.

I don't hold Obama or any president up to fixing a problem that's not in the power of the presidency to fix.

I know the govt. isn't the answer but better tell that to Obama who is trying to micro manage the economy and create that massive central govt. that liberals believe is utopia

Sure.. you don't think government is the answer.. right after complaining about why hasn't Obama fixed the economy and right after saying we need a leader of the government to fix the economy...

Do you ever read your own posts?

That is your opinion but I will put the Reagan leadership skills far above our Community agitator. It is a fact that leadership is what brought us out of the double dip recession of 80/81/82 recession, leadership that you appear to not understand
That's really BS. The fed interest rate raises slammed on the economy.. causing the recession. That was a government issue that could be dealt with government leadership. The oil crisis and foreign policy were a large part of the inflation of the time.. it could be dealt with government leadership. The problems we have with our economy, are not ones that can be solved by government.

No, sorry, you got to keep the tax cut from Bush, you got nothing else. How did your business tax cuts result in economic growth and job creation since we have 3 million fewer people working today than we had when the recession began in December 2007. FICA taxes fund SS and Medicare but you would never know that with the education today. Interesting how people like you support the LBJ unified budget and you call someone else a liberal?

1. I most certainly DID get a tax cut from the Stimulus plan.. in fact approximately 1/3 of Stimulus spending was tax cuts... here is just a few..

- The New York Times

Allow businesses to deduct up to $250,000 for capital investments made in 2009, with a total cap of $800,000. The limits were temporarily increased by Congress last year for investments made in 2008. Prior to that, small businesses could write-off $125,000 for capital expenditures, with a total cap of $500,000.

Expand net operating loss carry-back provision for small businesses»

Allow small businesses with annual receipts under $15 million to cut taxes by writing off current losses against profits earned in the past five years, instead of the usual two years.

But hey.. why should you be bothered by facts huh?

2. Tax cuts for business didn't help me grow my business that much (they will help in the future because of some of the upgrades I made in 2009) but they didn't help put more people through my door.

3.I do not support a LBJ unified budget and anyway.. social security has been "off budget" since I think 1990 when the Budget Enforcement Act went into effect.

And yes.. you are a liberal..

There are four components of GDP with each contributing to the economy. Personal tax cuts are the ones that drive our economic growth. When people keep more of what they earn that benefits economic activity whether they save it, spend it, invest it, or pay down debt.

Accept when they are not earning enough. Question.. we already have 47% of americans not paying income tax after the Bush tax cuts...what percentage would you suggest to "stimulate" the economy? 100% not paying income tax? What do you think that would do to the deficit?

If personal tax cuts are what work.. why then when the effective tax rate is at an almost all time low.. was/is the recovery so poor.? Please answer that.

Yeah.. I think you might want to stay away from comparing yourself to me.. you don't do so well compared to the smarts of my 12 year old son, let alone me.

I presented your statements to my son and asked him what he thought.

: First Your claim of the worst recovery ever.. and then

My 12 year old son said "Dad.. that guy makes no sense. How can he on one hand claim that the economy has recovered so much that there are jobs for all the people out of work but they are too lazy to go to work.. and then say that the economy is in the worst recovery ever?.. If the jobs have returned from the recession (but people are too lazy to work) , then the economy has recovered. If there has been little to no recovery then people are out of work because their are no jobs, not because they are lazy."

He then said "Dad.. is this one of your patients with brain injury?"..

And I had to tell him no.. I don't think he is brain injured.. and then I had to explain that you are an example of what happens when people stop thinking rationally and let their emotions rule.

[

So.. worst recovery in history.. (which would sort of mean no jobs for people now wouldn't it) and next.. people are out of work because they are lazy and should be forced to go to work.. tough love... right?

It was a double dip recession because the Fed raised interest rates to combat inflation.. NOT because the underpinnings of the economy were bad as they are now.

Not media.. simply facts. YOUR rhetoric is fueled by the media. I know a lot about leadership since I started and run my own businesses from the ground up. and first and foremost a leader needs to understand the problems he/she faces.. not go on wild flights of fancy.

Nothing.. that's because government isn't the answer. Government was not the cause of our recession and its not the answer to our recession. That's in part why you really are a liberal.. because you think the government is the answer.

I don't hold Obama or any president up to fixing a problem that's not in the power of the presidency to fix.

Sure.. you don't think government is the answer.. right after complaining about why hasn't Obama fixed the economy and right after saying we need a leader of the government to fix the economy...

Do you ever read your own posts?

That's really BS. The fed interest rate raises slammed on the economy.. causing the recession. That was a government issue that could be dealt with government leadership. The oil crisis and foreign policy were a large part of the inflation of the time.. it could be dealt with government leadership. The problems we have with our economy, are not ones that can be solved by government.

1. I most certainly DID get a tax cut from the Stimulus plan.. in fact approximately 1/3 of Stimulus spending was tax cuts... here is just a few..

- The New York Times

But hey.. why should you be bothered by facts huh?

2. Tax cuts for business didn't help me grow my business that much (they will help in the future because of some of the upgrades I made in 2009) but they didn't help put more people through my door.

3.I do not support a LBJ unified budget and anyway.. social security has been "off budget" since I think 1990 when the Budget Enforcement Act went into effect.

And yes.. you are a liberal..

Accept when they are not earning enough. Question.. we already have 47% of americans not paying income tax after the Bush tax cuts...what percentage would you suggest to "stimulate" the economy? 100% not paying income tax? What do you think that would do to the deficit?

If personal tax cuts are what work.. why then when the effective tax rate is at an almost all time low.. was/is the recovery so poor.? Please answer that.

My work is done here.

Better tell the Treasury Dept. to take SS and Medicare off the budget as line item expenses and revenue

Current Report: Combined Statement of Receipts, Outlays, and Balances of the United States Government (Combined Statement): Publications & Guidance: Financial Management Service

My work is done here.

Yep..I think you have eaten enough crow for now...

As far as the Treasury Department... You better do a lot more research... you were proven wrong about Medicare, proven wrong about stimulus and tax cuts, proven wrong about so many things...

I suggest you look up the budget enforcement act and understand how it pertains to the Treasury accounting.

Read more @: [/FONT][/COLOR]6 Ways the GOP Congress Is Out of Step With the American People | Mother Jones

Legalization of marijuana, same sex marriage, higher taxes on the rich, reducing emissions, immigration reform. All things the majority of Americans agree with and want but the GOP is standing in the way.

It's great to have Bolsheviks tell the GOP what they should do...

SAY, I have an idea - why don't the Communists figure out why Obama is at 37%

It's great to have Bolsheviks tell the GOP what they should do...
1.)Not a Bolshevik. There are no more Bolsheviks on this planet. If you havent noticed the Bolshevik Party hasnt been around since the 1920's.

SAY, I have an idea - why don't the Communists figure out why Obama is at 37%
Well this doesnt take a genius to figure out. Its cuz he isnt popular amongst the population.

1.)Not a Bolshevik. There are no more Bolsheviks on this planet. If you havent noticed the Bolshevik Party hasnt been around since the 1920's.

You sure?

Because they seem to be running around with this symbol...

Democratic-donkey-300x287.jpg

Well this doesnt take a genius to figure out. Its cuz he isnt popular amongst the population.

But he's the Messiah, the one we all waited for, for all this time?

You might want to check out the posts on this board.. because unfortunately its not the democrats that are looking for a "messiah".. that will "show real leadership" and "lead us out of this economy".

Question... do you realize that the republican party has LOST the last two presidential elections?

If you do.. do you realize that the only way to WIN the next election is to ATTRACT a number of voters that voted for Obama in the last two elections?

If you realize that... do you think alienated everyone that voted for Obama in the last two elections is the way to win over their support in the next presidential election?

I'd love to hear your answers.

You sure?

Because they seem to be running around with this symbol...

View attachment 67157077
:lamo
Yup you must know a whole lot about political philosophy then :lamo

I never called him the "Messiah" but apparently you must think so since you are the one calling him that.

:lamo
Yup you must know a whole lot about political philosophy then :lamo

I never called him the "Messiah" but apparently you must think so since you are the one calling him that.

Leftists are right effing brilliant...

Spin baby, spin.

The insane Obama worship is real - we just mock you for it - rightfully so.

Yes of course because you're one video of Obama saying "we are the ones weve been waiting for" proves it all!

Yes of course because you're one video of Obama saying "we are the ones weve been waiting for" proves it all!

How many lies and how bad to the results have to get before you admit and accept the fact that Obama has made a fool out of you. You made a mistake in voting for him twice, are you mature enough to admit it.

#1 “If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.”

#2 “My administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in government.”

#3 “We agree on reforms that will finally reduce the costs of health care. Families will save on their premiums…”

#4 “I don’t want to pit Red America against Blue America. I want to be the president
of the United States of America.”

#5 “We’ve got shovel-ready projects all across the country that governors and mayors are pleading to fund. And the minute we can get those investments to the state level, jobs are going to be created.”

#6 “And we will pursue the housing plan I’m outlining today. And through this plan, we will help between 7 and 9 million families restructure or refinance their mortgages so they can afford—avoid foreclosure.”

#7 “I will sign a universal health-care bill into law by the end of my first term as president that will cover every American and cut the cost of a typical family’s premium by up to $2,500 a year.”

#8 “We reject the use of national security letters to spy on citizens who are not suspected of a crime.”

#9 “For people with insurance, the only impact of the health-care law is that their insurance is stronger, better, and more secure than it was before. Full stop. That’s it. They don’t have to worry about anything else.”

#10 “We will close the detention camp in Guantanamo Bay, the location of so many of the worst constitutional abuses in recent years.”

#11 “Allow Americans to buy their medicines from other developed countries if the drugs are safe and prices are lower outside the U.S.”

#12 “We will revisit the Patriot Act and overturn unconstitutional executive decisions issued during the past eight years.”

#13 “Will ensure that federal contracts over $25,000 are competitively bid.”

#14 “We reject sweeping claims of ‘inherent’ presidential power.”

#15 “Will eliminate all income taxation of seniors making less than $50,000 per year. This will eliminate taxes for 7 million seniors — saving them an average of $1,400 a year– and will also mean that 27 million seniors will not need to file an income tax return at all.”

#16 “We support constitutional protections and judicial oversight on any surveillance program involving Americans.”

#17 “If we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home, we will end this war. You can take that to the bank.”

#18 “Will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days.”

#19 “The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.”

#20 “We have a choice in this country. We can accept a politics that breeds division and conflict and cynicism…. That is one option. Or, at this moment, in this election, we can come together and say, ‘Not this time….’”

#21 “We’ve got to spend some money now to pull us out of this recession. But as soon as we’re out of this recession, we’ve got to get serious about starting to live within our means, instead of leaving debt for our children and our grandchildren and our great-grandchildren.”

#22 “[T]oday I’m pledging to cut the deficit we inherited in half by the end of my first term in office. This will not be easy. It will require us to make difficult decisions and face challenges we’ve long neglected. But I refuse to leave our children with a debt that they cannot repay – and that means taking responsibility right now, in this administration, for getting our spending under control.”

#23 “I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear that I will execute the office of president of the United States faithfully, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the constitution of the United States.

A List Of 23 Famous Obama Quotes That Turned Out To Be Broken Promises Or Cold-Hearted Lies : Freedom Outpost

How many lies and how bad to the results have to get before you admit and accept the fact that Obama has made a fool out of you. You made a mistake in voting for him twice, are you mature enough to admit it.

Him lying somehow proves that he is a communist? Based off that knowledge, Bush was a commie, Reagan was a commie, Clinton was a commie, Nixon was a commie. 95% of POTUS' were commies then. Get with reality.

Him lying somehow proves that he is a communist? Based off that knowledge, Bush was a commie, Reagan was a commie, Clinton was a commie, Nixon was a commie. 95% of POTUS' were commies then. Get with reality.

Seems that the American Obamabots are even waking up

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Obama's idea of social justice, dependence on the Federal Govt, and wealth redistribution is socialist at best, Communist at the worst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h8O7V-WxWQ&feature=youtu.be

Seems that the American Obamabots are even waking up

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval
Approval ratings down somehow makes him a socialist?

Obama's idea of social justice,
What "social justice"?

dependence on the Federal Govt,
Dependence? We are cutting the federal government!

and wealth redistribution is socialist at best,
News flash! Even republicans agree with redistribution and i bet you do to.. Are you a socialist? Do you like federal government money going anywhere (military, or name x, y, or z service)?

156uw6g.jpg

TheDemSocialist;1062573724]Approval ratings down somehow makes him a socialist?

No, economic results and policies make him a socialist

What "social justice"?

With Obama it means equal outcome and spreading the wealth around

Dependence? We are cutting the federal government!

Not with Obama in the WH we aren't

News flash! Even republicans agree with redistribution and i bet you do to.. Are you a socialist? Do you like federal government money going anywhere (military, or name x, y, or z service)?

Republicans believe in keeping more of what you earn and letting neighbor help neighbor not the federal govt. being that neighbor

So tell me what Obama economic policy or prediction has been accurate and when are you going to raise your standards to the level at which you hold Republicans accountable?

Back
Top Bottom