• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2016 NCAA Basketball Tournament

All Right!!! Let's kick this pig!!!

Duke with the help from the officials moves on.

Duke with the help from the officials moves on.

They will then have an interesting contest on saturday. They will be up against the team where the academic qualifications of the players is closer to the student body than any other team in the tournament (except perhaps some of the really poorly ranked schools academically) while Duke has the greatest gap between the two groups

That said, I'd have no problem with UVA or Oregon going to 2 and a variety of 2s coming to one. But I also would've had no issue with UNC being a 1 had they lost (again) to UVA. A lot of parity this year. And I think a healthy Valentine makes Sparty a top tier team, regardless of a 1 or 2 seed.

But God damnit, **** the committee putting them in our bracket AGAIN. Not only do I want to avoid Izzo, but they're the non Virginia team I cheer for every year and I'm tired of them being in a bracket where I'm cheering against them early on.

That said, I'd have no problem with UVA or Oregon going to 2 and a variety of 2s coming to one. But I also would've had no issue with UNC being a 1 had they lost (again) to UVA. A lot of parity this year. And I think a healthy Valentine makes Sparty a top tier team, regardless of a 1 or 2 seed.

But God damnit, **** the committee putting them in our bracket AGAIN. Not only do I want to avoid Izzo, but they're the non Virginia team I cheer for every year and I'm tired of them being in a bracket where I'm cheering against them early on.

Michigan State out.

Michigan State out.

So is Dayton. I'm down to Xavier and Uconn, who will probably get smoked by Kansas tomorrow.

KY vs Indiana should be a good match up tomorrow too.

So, you say Michigan St shouldn't be one of the top four seeds, but you can't name four teams that are better.

Middle Tennessee State-90
Michigan State-81

It's too bad no one earlier in the thread said the Spartans were overrated...oh wait, someone did.

Michigan State-81

It's too bad no one earlier in the thread said the Spartans were overrated...oh wait, someone did.

It's been a year of parity. There definitely is no 27-0 Kentucky this year. Although, Kansas sure looked good racking up 105 points the other night.

So is Dayton. I'm down to Xavier and Uconn, who will probably get smoked by Kansas tomorrow.

KY vs Indiana should be a good match up tomorrow too.

". . . Saturday’s game will be the schools’ 57th meeting dating from Indiana’s 20-18 victory in 1924. No one knows when the 58th meeting will be, which makes this one a much bigger deal than anyone wants to admit. . . ."

Kentucky-Indiana: A second-round game that’s a bit bigger

Michigan State-81

Irrelevant, seeding is all about what you've done, not what the outcome of your next game may be. Anyone with a above room temperature IQ knows this.

I live in Kentucky. I was scheduled to work tonight, but I paid someone $75 to work four hours for me just so I could watch the game. Go Cats!

Irrelevant, seeding is all about what you've done, not what the outcome of your next game may be. Anyone with a above room temperature IQ knows this.

Yes, it is about what you've done and as I told you Sparty was not that good and overrated.

Oh by the way, scoreboard.

Not surprised Vegas did well, in the NCAA's bracket challenge (I think) it showed 22% of people picked Michigan St to win, with Kansas at 22 or 23%.

Funnily enough, the last perfect bracket over there, again iirc, was broken by West Virginia's loss.

lol...every one of the teams I thought would go far lost already. KY, Uconn, Dayton, MSU and X.

I sure am glad I do not bet. :)

Just not feeling it, at least not yet. College ball just has not grabbed my attention much this year. That said though, I do have some favorites.

Top seed teams: Xavier and MSU

Mid-level: Dayton and Uconn

Team that should do well in the Dance and outperform their regular season: Ky

lol...every one of the teams I thought would go far lost already. KY, Uconn, Dayton, MSU and X.

I sure am glad I do not bet. :)

IU over Kentucky makes this a successful tournament for me no matter what else happens.

IU over Kentucky makes this a successful tournament for me no matter what else happens.

I definitely was not a KY fan. I just expected them to turn it up a notch during the tournament. Indiana payed a solid game though. They deserved that win.

Back
Top Bottom