• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2010-2011 NHL Thread

I'd support the motion of the Islanders moving down there. New York doesn't need two teams.

For now, cheer for Florida or Tampa if you want to cheer for a local...ish team.

**** Tampa, and I don't know who I'm gonna cheer for.

Besides I wouldn't want to take a team away from anyone else, that hurts too bad. I'd wanna do it right, and expand. That's what Winnipeg should have done.

**** Tampa, and I don't know who I'm gonna cheer for.

Besides I wouldn't want to take a team away from anyone else, that hurts too bad. I'd wanna do it right, and expand. That's what Winnipeg should have done.

Knowing Gary Bettman, if there is ever another expansion, it'll be to an American city.

Knowing Gary Bettman, if there is ever another expansion, it'll be to an American city.

Bettman's the one that didn't care about us, and gave in to the pressures from a Canadian city. Don't pretend like he hates Canada.

Also, the Flyers got pwned today.

Bettman's the one that didn't care about us, and gave in to the pressures from a Canadian city. Don't pretend like he hates Canada.

Oh he does hate Canada don't you see. The hit on Horton by Rome wasn't late or dirty at all. It was clean and didn't deserve the four game punishment he got.

And Ottawa doesn't. Just because it's in Canada doesn't mean they will tolerate losing.

Ottawa had one of the worst records this year and yet still averaged 18,378 per game. Not too bad, especially since the arena is in butt-**** Kanata, far away from the downtown core.

The Jets it will be, though Winnipeg might change to Manitoba.

Naw... keep it Winterpeg. It's a tradition's club and I could see them getting a cult following with the name as it was; it's nostalgic. There's tradition... it underwent a transformation, but... it's a hockey town. Could be my new team. Have great contacts there, and got to know a Scandinavian, a kinda idol to me when I was a kid, who played with Hull. Was a huge Bahsten fan as a kid, then the Kings before they got Gretzky. I remember when some WHA teams merged with the NHL. Haven't been too tuned into the NHL in years, but they could be interesting to follow. The franchise as much as the team.

I recall a little about the background when they left for Phoenix. Winnipeg needed to build a new arena, said "no" and the rest is history. The top deck on their old rink was near vertical. Nothing like it around today.

I hope they keep their old Jerseys.

Last edited:
Don't be surprised if Washington, and Tampa shakes things up tonight. Rumor is Vinny is on the block, and so is Semin, and Green.

Horrible pick by the former Thrashers. It looks like there being run by idiots.

Horrible pick by the former Thrashers. It looks like there being run by idiots.

What's wrong with it? Little high for him, but a playmaker like he looks to be can be a real asset to a team. Who was available that was significantly better?

Edit to add: Strome, who was probably who they wanted, was taken by NYI.

Last edited:
What's wrong with it? Little high for him, but a playmaker like he looks to be can be a real asset to a team. Who was available that was significantly better?

Edit to add: Strome, who was probably who they wanted, was taken by NYI.

You don't pick him over Couturier, or Hamilton. He's another soft center, which this team doesn't need.

claude-julien.gif

:lamo :lamo

Brad Richards to the Gayngers, to no one's surprise, for about 7 mil per. NY spending too much for good but not great player, how different.

Brad Richards to the Gayngers, to no one's surprise, for about 7 mil per. NY spending too much for good but not great player, how different.

6.66 is a bargain for the center with the third highest amount of points last season. Richards is actually an elite player, unlike everyone else we've signed to a huge contract. He was tenth in points as a forward last season (even when missing ten games) and 7th the season before that.

Chris Osgood retired. Number 10 all-time in wins.

Back
Top Bottom