• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Biden bump is real’: president gains on Trump in six battleground states

I doubt he'd lose any significant number of moderates to Trump specifically though. And there's a good chance that he would easily make up for that from the stronger base, supporters of a 2 state solution, Palestinian Americans who know that Trump and the right is not going to be good for them.

Not to mention when Trump is out there saying Democrat voting Jews are traitors to their religion

This is likely more of a shift to Biden, away from Trump than a Biden boost. I think that Trump's rhetoric and antics are finally getting to the moderates who are fed up with his BS and want some level of normalcy. I also think that his total takeover of the RNC, lousy GOP governance and the hemorrhaging of moderate Republicans is scaring the hell out of moderate Republicans. More and more are saying enough is enough.

I think RFK Jr is more likely to hurt Trump than Biden, as many more on the right like RFK Jr than the left. Those on the left that prefer him likely are so progressive they wouldn't have voted for Biden even if RFK Jr wasn't on the ballot (and I think he might not be in some states, if I remember correctly) or are basing their support off of name alone, something that would get diminished to some degree in later campaigning if he makes it onto ballots.

Trump seems to think so too, he's been going off on RFKJ on Truth Social.

Biden's low (and stubborn in its low range) approval is a problem for him. This is a chart from tonight. Note the line near the top where it lists the approval from the same day in their terms - for the previous three presidents. Biden is a long way from those three.

Screenshot 2024-03-27 212640.png

Based on what, his positions on the issues?

Trump usually benefits when RFK Jr is on the ballot. It lowers Trumps threshold for winning. Trump usually wins with like 39%, 41% when RFK Jr is on the ballot.

Based on what, his positions on the issues?
I am thinking it’s mostly name recognition that would draw a lot of Democrat votes.

“Without Kennedy Jr., West and Stein on the ballot, Biden would beat Trump by four points, but with them, Biden’s lead narrows to one point, the Quinnipiac poll found—similarly, a December Reuters/Ipsos surveyfound Trump’s lead over Biden widens from two points to five when Kennedy Jr. is on the ballot, and a January Harvard CAPS-Harris poll found Trump expands his lead over Biden from six to eight points with Kennedy Jr. on the ballot.”

A single poll doesn't tell us a whole lot. The RCP averages have Trump ahead in all battleground states, though Pennsylvania and Wisconsin are basically a tie. Do see some tightening in Georgia, Michigan, and North Carolina.

I am not so sure about that.

"Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s independent presidential campaign can’t win, but it could swing the presidency to former President Donald Trump. Kennedy’s selection Tuesday of Nicole Shanahan, a Democratic donor from Northern California, as his running mate is the final point of proof that the RFK campaign is a heat-seeking missile aimed at Biden.

Some people, a little slow on the uptake perhaps, persist in the fantasy that Kennedy, as a vaccine critic and conspiracy promoter, would draw from Trump. In his choice of running mates, RFK Jr. has ended that debate."
Honestly, I think RFK Jr. voters are more predisposed to support Trump than Biden. The whole Alex Jones Info Wars, conspiracy-addled crowd....the vast majority of those folks are Trump voters.

Basically, RFK Jr. is a fad....and Trump voters care more about fads than Biden voters do, especially if they are weird fads like RFK Jr.

But but but dopey MAGAts were quick to post threads when Trump was leading in swing states.
Now that Biden has tightened or taken the lead, the dopes have gone silent.

Honestly, I think RFK Jr. voters are more predisposed to support Trump than Biden. The whole Alex Jones Info Wars, conspiracy-addled crowd....the vast majority of those folks are Trump voters.

Basically, RFK Jr. is a fad....and Trump voters care more about fads than Biden voters do, especially if they are weird fads like RFK Jr.
RFK just announced an elitist rich person to be his running mate.
That makes MAGA tingle. They love to adore the rich.

Biden is doing well.
SOTU speech was great.
Economy improving.
Trump is spiraling.
Trump fatigue. The lies are repeating and claims of ‘unfair’ are stale.
Trump looks weak, his walk is slow and lumbering, his speech is deteriorating more than usual.
The ongoing embarrassment of so many charges against him is taking a toll.

Trump usually benefits when RFK Jr is on the ballot. It lowers Trumps threshold for winning. Trump usually wins with like 39%, 41% when RFK Jr is on the ballot.
That’s why RFK is being bankrolled by the right,

Consider the following question: which candidate stands to lose more as a result of new information about themselves between now and November?

Trump does worse when he’s in the news. And now that the election cycle is in full swing, he’s always in the news and nothing about him is good.

Yep. Been saying this to my dad for a while. The polls have been good for Trump in recent months, but he also hasn't been the primary focus of attention so the Trump fatigue hasn't had the chance to fully relapse. As we get into the main campaign season and the media turns its full attention to him, and he takes their bait as he always does, then the numbers will plummet as many voters have a relapse of “oh yeah, THATS what we were sick of”

Now, who knows why this is happening. All we can do is speculate. And I will do just that right now.

1. State of the Union was a big hit. It took the fight directly to Trump and the Republicans and it exposed them for being childish partisans playing games.

2. Good economic conditions are coming to fruitions. The perception is finally catching up

3. The image of Trump as a successful businessman has come crashing down. He lies about his fortune. Lies about his assets. And he is a fraud. The public is seeing that in real time.
The new Quinnipiac poll has Biden still ahead (48 to 45 percent) with 3rd parties factored in, though that aspect is still a threat to Biden.

RFK just announced an elitist rich person to be his running mate.
That makes MAGA tingle. They love to adore the rich.
Wrong. He just handed Trump the presidency.

Women are going to do all we can to carry Biden and ALL democrats over the finish line in this one. We're fighting back against the GOP that wants to strip us of our bodily autonomy and we are delivering in one election after another ever since SCOTUS overturned Roe. Join us.

For God's sake - we just took a state seat in Alabama away from these idiots.

Women are going to do all we can to carry Biden and ALL democrats over the finish line in this one. We're fighting back against the GOP that wants to strip us of our bodily autonomy and we are delivering in one election after another ever since SCOTUS overturned Roe. Join us.

For God's sake - we just took a state seat in Alabama away from these idiots.
Republicans have shot themselves in the foot by cheering the removal of RvW. They think they can control women's bodies.

Republicans have shot themselves in the foot by cheering the removal of RvW. They think they can control women's bodies.
Any man with common sense knows NOT to piss off the women in their lives. The GOP and SCOTUS missed the memo apparently.

Consider the following question: which candidate stands to lose more as a result of new information about themselves between now and November?

Trump does worse when he’s in the news. And now that the election cycle is in full swing, he’s always in the news and nothing about him is good.
Yeah, not sure the saying "All news is good news" will apply to Trump in 2024.

Now, who knows why this is happening. All we can do is speculate. And I will do just that right now.

1. State of the Union was a big hit. It took the fight directly to Trump and the Republicans and it exposed them for being childish partisans playing games.

2. Good economic conditions are coming to fruitions. The perception is finally catching up

3. The image of Trump as a successful businessman has come crashing down. He lies about his fortune. Lies about his assets. And he is a fraud. The public is seeing that in real time.
1711678654369.png

Back
Top Bottom