• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

...you're More Likely to Shoot a Loved One

Yes peraonal protection, recreation, exercising a right are all valid reasons. Can you find a single valid reason to bam guns from law abiding citizens?

Gun crime
Over 10,000 gun related homicides a year
Over 20,000 gun related suicides a year
Over 70,000 gun related woundings a year
Nearly a mass shooting per day

Do you think we want your guns to just spoil some harmless fun ?

you might be the only person I have ever encountered who has an active CCW license and doesn't own a firearm...

I'm sure there are others - just that you haven't encountered them

Some people have driver's licenses and don't own a car

...yeah, because I like to shoot....

That's not a good reason to owns guns...recreation comes a poor send to health and safety

...and any reason why government agents are issued guns, is a valid reason for those to own them....

If you were a government agent, I would support your right to be issued a gun, but not own it

....the existence of those who want to forcibly take firearms away from honest people is a good reason to own them....

Why, are those people a threat to so or your precious toys ?

...Beta O'Dourke is a good reason to own an AR 15

Why ?

Is Stephen Paddock a good reason NOT to own an AR-15.

They are excuses why guns cannot be banned.

They are all false and have all been debunked.

So basically it doesn't matter to you that there is a constitutional right (2nd Amendment) for INDIVIDUALS to own gun, as well as several subsequent SCOTUS decisions AFFIRMING the individual right keep AND bear arms under the 2nd Amendment.

Therefore all you are doing is sounding like the people who were chanting "not my president" 3 years ago. Your 'feelings' about banning guns do not matter one bit, what mattes is what the laws are. Constitutionally PROTECTED rights. So which right to bear arms in your claim have been "debunked"?

Gun crime
Over 10,000 gun related homicides a year
Over 20,000 gun related suicides a year
Over 70,000 gun related woundings a year
Nearly a mass shooting per day

Do you think we want your guns to just spoil some harmless fun ?

Excesses 1.1, 2.2, 3.1 all debunked by localities that have enacted strict gun control laws that have been ineffective in reducing those numbers.

I think you want our guns as political payback, a way to weaken society and make it more dependent on government, out of an irrational fear of an object, but mostly you want our guns because your unwillingness to tackle the problems associated with what makes people become violent and want to kill.

Excesses 1.1, 2.2, 3.1 all debunked by localities that have enacted strict gun control laws that have been ineffective in reducing those numbers.

I think you want our guns as political payback, a way to weaken society and make it more dependent on government, out of an irrational fear of an object, but mostly you want our guns because your unwillingness to tackle the problems associated with what makes people become violent and want to kill.

Federal gun control works great

So basically it doesn't matter to you that there is a constitutional right (2nd Amendment)....

Yes, I've always said meaningful gun control is impossible without the repeal of the 2nd Amendment

...your 'feelings' about banning guns do not matter one bit, what mattes is what the laws are...

And the necessary repeal if gun control are anything other than half measures.

The list of excuses are categories which gun owners fall in to when they say they "need" their guns and they're not some form of recreation (which they are).

Excesses 1.1, 2.2, 3.1 all debunked by localities that have enacted strict gun control laws that have been ineffective in reducing those numbers....

Local restrictions and laws a half measures, it needs a Constitutional Amendment to repeal the 2nd Amendment

...I think you want our guns as political payback, a way to weaken society and make it more dependent on government...

Why do you hold on to a belief that guns make a society "strong"

Why do you think that banning guns will make the federal government stronger ?

Is it some BS romantic notion they you are a frustrated revolutionary, will to defend America from the tyrant ?

...out of an irrational fear of an object, but mostly you want our guns because your unwillingness to tackle the problems associated with what makes people become violent and want to kill.

Hmmmm...the tens of thousands of innocents victims to firearm death and injury would think their opposition the guns was more than "irrational"

Just how would you propose violent tendencies in people be "tackled"

Take Stephen Paddock, a law abiding citizen who owed guns...if you could go back in time how would you advise the state of Nevada to "tackle" him ?

Local restrictions and laws a half measures, it needs a Constitutional Amendment to repeal the 2nd Amendment
Thankfully will not happen in my life time.

Why do you hold on to a belief that guns make a society "strong"
A firearm gives the weaker individual at least a chance agianst a stronger one.
Why do you think that banning guns will make the federal government stronger ?
People will be weaker to defend themselves and have to depend on the government as their only protection agianst criminals.

Is it some BS romantic notion they you are a frustrated revolutionary, will to defend America from the tyrant ?

Nope

Hmmmm...the tens of thousands of innocents victims to firearm death and injury would think their opposition the guns was more than "irrational"
Some may others would not.
Just how would you propose violent tendencies in people be "tackled"
By becoming tougher on those who exhibit violent tendencies instead of wrist slaps.
Take Stephen Paddock, a law abiding citizen who owed guns...if you could go back in time how would you advise the state of Nevada to "tackle" him ?
By instituting a red flag program that wpuld of given those around him a way to report their concerns about his mood changes and increased alcohol consumption.

Thankfully will not happen in my life time...

In lieu of a repeal, the best measures so far suggested are national, mandatory background checks and a mandatory register.

...a firearm gives the weaker individual at least a chance agianst a stronger one....

Please explain how
Would you give weak men license to shoot strong men ?

...people will be weaker to defend themselves and have to depend on the government as their only protection agianst criminals....

Because a gun is the only means you can think of

What about the homes with no guns ?

...nope...

Then how do guns defeat tyranny ?
Why is tyranny even a threat - is the USA that unstable in your mind ?

...some may others would not....

The one who might are the ones with bullet holes ?

...by becoming tougher on those who exhibit violent tendencies instead of wrist slaps....

Who has had a "slap on the wrist?"
Doesn't the USA lead the world in the proportion of citizens incarcerated ?

Seems the USA is tougher than most and still the bodies mount up

...by instituting a red flag program that would of given those around him a way to report their concerns about his mood changes and increased alcohol consumption.

You an adolescent aren't you?

Dead giveaway: it's "would have"

What "red flags" did Paddock throw up ? How many people would you monitor for "red flags" and how closely ? How do you know which people to monitor ?

In lieu of a repeal, the best measures so far suggested are national, mandatory background checks and a mandatory register.

I am fine with UBC as long as they are set at a reasonable rate, under $10, and open for anyone to use.
I oppose maniditory registrations because of previously stated concerns.

even the most hateful of gun banners exempt government agents from the bans

That’s because government represents society. And everyone who works in government is a selfless sacrificing servant. Duh [emoji849]

Were those judges issued those guns?

judges could carry guns concealed under Ohio law long before we had CCW. It was written into the Ohio revised code. My law firm represented several cities and I was sworn in as a prosecutor for these municipalities. Under ORC, I was thus permitted to carry a firearm legally

I am fine with UBC as long as they are set at a reasonable rate, under $10, and open for anyone to use.
I oppose maniditory registrations because of previously stated concerns.

National background checks should not cost the taxpayer anything.

The charges for the prospective gun owner should cover the costs of the background check service.

A national register would make it easier to confiscate guns...but that would only be possible withe required support to repeal the 2nd Amendment.

The charges for the prospective gun owner should cover the costs of the background check service.
I disagree. If this UBC is supposedly needed to make everyone safer than everyone should chip in to cover the costs associated with it. If not it will appear as though it's not really about saftey and more about sticking it to people wanting to exercise their right.

A national register would make it easier to confiscate guns...but that would only be possible withe required support to repeal the 2nd Amendment.

A national registry when, not if but when, it's hacked and gun owners have their personal information online will be opened up to unesecary harassment and crime.

judges could carry guns concealed under Ohio law long before we had CCW. It was written into the Ohio revised code. My law firm represented several cities and I was sworn in as a prosecutor for these municipalities. Under ORC, I was thus permitted to carry a firearm legally

But were the guns issued or privately purchased ?

I disagree. If this UBC is supposedly needed to make everyone safer than everyone should chip in to cover the costs associated with it. If not it will appear as though it's not really about saftey and more about sticking it to people wanting to exercise their right....

OK but why should a non gun owner subsidize your background checks ?

You would be the one looking to get a gun ?

It would be like non-fishermen being asked to help pay for the salaries of people who issue fishing licences

...a national registry when, not if but when, it's hacked and gun owners have their personal information online will be opened up to unesecary harassment and crime.

So our drivers licences, tax records, passport applications, CCW applications, medical records or marriage licenses should not be stored on a computer ?

Would you use a computer to store any data ?

Tt.

Sure it does.. because it requires the government to keep track of every man, woman and child in the US. That database is costly for upkeep.

OK but why should a non gun owner subsidize your background checks ?

You would be the one looking to get a gun ?

It would be like non-fishermen being asked to help pay for the salaries of people who issue fishing licences
?

Actually.. non fisherman do help pay the salaries of people who issue fishing licenses.

Actually.. non fisherman do help pay the salaries of people who issue fishing licenses.

They shouldn't

Same as the cost of issuing hunting and driving licences should be borne by the people making the application.

Marriage licenses too.

Back
Top Bottom