• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

You believe Jesus was at least a man who did exist, right?

You are grasping at straws and ignoring the obvious, including the scriptures I gave you, giving evidence that Jehovah and Jesus are 2 separate beings who are not equal...

Yeah, Isaiah says "He sent me"...2 separate beings, not one...

Jesus acknowledged that his disciples, his “sheep,” were given to him by the Father...from Jesus’ prayer we can see that Jesus and his Father are “one” in the same sense that his true followers can be “one"...John 17:11

Obviously the faithful disciples of Jesus Christ could never become part of a triune God but they could be one in purpose and activity...further proving that Jesus never claimed equality with his Father is the fact that, in his prayer, he addressed his Father as the “only true God” and spoke of himself as his Father’s “representative"...John 17:3, 8

That's just more Jehovah's Witnesses false teaching. And that's why the JW's are universally seen as a cult, because they downgrade Jesus Christ to be a created being when he's Jehovah God, and because they deny the deity of the Holy Spirit who is God (Acts chapter 5).

That's just more Jehovah's Witnesses false teaching. And that's why the JW's are universally seen as a cult, because they downgrade Jesus Christ to be a created being when he's Jehovah God, and because they deny the deity of the Holy Spirit who is God (Acts chapter 5).

Deny it all you want...the scriptures speak for themselves...Jehovah and Jesus speak for themselves...false teaching indeed...that's what you believe...

But, let's see. You do believe he was a real person, but there is no concrete evidence that he was a real person.

Now then, you believe he was a real person because the wake that was left in his name, well, that's such an abundance and thus overwhelming, though technically circumstantial evidence, one must conclude, therefore, he was real.

I would. Because of the gargantuan wake of Jesus, his legacy, I can see no other possible conclusion that he was a real man.

Now then, as for divinity, that's an article of faith, noting that this is not the point of this thread, so I dont want to comment on that.

The point is, if you have accepted the fact that a real person who was the ultimate cause of the movement called Christianity, whether he was divine, the Son Of God, not being the argument, how come, then.....

Why will you not accept the idea that Aliens have visited, and most likely contacted many, either voluntarily though most likely ( for most) involuntarily, on earth?

Again, we're not talking religion here, we're talking popularity. And no, I'm not suggesting that aliens, being as famous as Jesus ( they come close, though ) should necessarily be believed in, it's just that, given that you will accept the existence of Jesus, without concrete evidence, just for the abundant circumstantial evidence, and that there is abundant circumstantial evidence for aliens, ( though not impacting in any spiritual way, but that is not at debate ) why would you disbelieve in their having visited the earth ?

ps. please don't bug me about the run on sentence, just read it through and it does work. :)

The problem with your contention is that there are no aliens as popular as jesus.

For your contention to work, earth would have to have at least one alien who claimed to be alien and convinced a substantial part of humans he was alien.

The problem with your contention is that there are no aliens as popular as jesus.

For your contention to work, earth would have to have at least one alien who claimed to be alien and convinced a substantial part of humans he was alien.

It's not a comparison of similarities nor comparable magnitude.

The alien wake is quite large. If you don't know that, it's because you are not familiar with it as I am.

No one is claiming Jesus and Aliens have similar wake sizes, but they are both large.

I believe the wake from the subject of aliens is sufficiently large that my OP works.

It's not a comparison of similarities nor comparable magnitude.

The alien wake is quite large. If you don't know that, it's because you are not familiar with it as I am.

No one is claiming Jesus and Aliens have similar wake sizes, but they are both large.

I believe the wake from the subject of aliens is sufficiently large that my OP works.

That is not is not correct. You still have compare apples to apples. One entity Jesus to one entity alien.

If no alien has made it to the popularity of Jesus proves that no aliens is a popular as Jesus.

It has nothing to do with if they have ever been here on earth...it is that they have not convinced enough people that they were aliens.

That is your whole contention.

Last edited:
If he existed, he was a nice Jewish man that the Romans knocked off as they tended to do with potential alternate power structures within their lands.

Then again, the only evidence of his existence is the highly dubious set of stories written 70-100ish years after his supposed death, which provide some vague circumstantial support for the notion that these were drawn from oral tradition based on a real person something like this "Jesus," maybe even down to the name. It wouldn't be the first time a culture has decided to treat a man as a God. Quite a few made a habit of it, in fact.

Well yeah, Christianity teaches that Jesus is "fully God and fully man", that he’s not a distinct person from God, he is God. God supernaturally impregnates Mary, so Jesus is his own father. Jesus prays to God. That means he prays to himself. He knew what he wanted to ask himself before he prayed, then granted (or not) his own request. Jesus offers himself to God on our behalf as a sacrifice of atonement, so God is sacrificing himself to himself. View attachment 67242828

That is not what the Bible teaches...it says Jesus is God's only begotten son...Jesus said "The Father is greater than I am"...John 14:28

The funny thing about this kind of debate is that it is completely defined by the decision of a certain Roman Emporer to favor Athanasias over Arias so as to settle a theocratic power struggle in the increasingly Christian population (at least around Constantinople and other power centers).

People will sometimes act like there is this One True interpretation of their own religious faith, when they only believe that One True interpretation because of a pragmatic decision made by one of the most pragmatic leaders, which had absolutely nothing to do with that leader's theological views, if any (and there is much evidence that any religious belief was a pretense also adopted to minimize unrest within the empire, and that contrary evidence such as visions of symbols in the sky before battle were invented after the fact to further legitimize the relatively newly popular religion).....

Here's a primer for you on that:

Here's a primer for you on that:

https://www.amazon.com/Decline-Fall...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=4RE780S4HNCY43045799

https://www.amazon.com/Decline-Fall...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=4RE780S4HNCY43045799

My whatnow?

Throw your bible at someone else. I speak of measurable thus objective reality.

He is the gift that keeps on giving. He does not appear to know the meaning of the word theology.

He is the gift that keeps on giving. He does not appear to know the meaning of the word theology.

Is there a reason you continue to make moronic statements like the one above? You're the one whose Biblical theology is best suited for the bottom of a bird cage.

You've got one major problem with your theology: Christ is Risen and you don't have a good argument against it. You might have a theory or two to offer up, but no evidence that supports them.
You are the one claiming “Christ is risen” So the burden of proof is on you. So you believe Jesus is Jewish zombie?

You are the one claiming “Christ is risen” So the burden of proof is on you. So you believe Jesus is Jewish zombie?

I have the written confirmations in the Gospels and various epistles.

You have what on your side, denials?

I have the written confirmations in the Gospels and various epistles.

You have what on your side, denials?
An invisible pink unicorn lives in my garage. Prove me wrong.

Why don't you Christ-deniers ever do any serious homework on his life, death, etc.?
Hey, what’s the difference between Jesus and a picture of Jesus ? It only takes one nail to hang a picture of Jesus. :lol:

Hey, what’s the difference between Jesus and a picture of Jesus ? It only takes one nail to hang a picture of Jesus. :lol:

I think liberals have it in for Christ and Christianity because the Bible does not embrace their debased, immoral, anti-God agenda. So, they come up with their vacuous nonsense about pink unicorns, hanging Jesus with one nail, and a hundred other worthless and sophomoric rants and feel they are the superior ones because they believe it's chic to mock Christ.

Not a good plan at all. Little do they know what awaits unbelieving slanderers of Christ.

"But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.” - Revelation 21:8

I think liberals have it in for Christ and Christianity because the Bible does not embrace their debased, immoral, anti-God agenda. So, they come up with their vacuous nonsense about pink unicorns, hanging Jesus with one nail, and a hundred other worthless and sophomoric rants and feel they are the superior ones because they believe it's chic to mock Christ.

Not a good plan at all. Little do they know what awaits unbelieving slanderers of Christ.

"But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.” - Revelation 21:8

:lamo

How many Daves or Joes or Freds are there? To imagine that there was only one man of that name Jesus at that time, to whom all these tales are attached, is a stretch. The mythic half-alien Jesus needs no actual man basis, he's a hotch-potch of pre-existing legends, with a personal twist.

Most historians agree that Jesus was a real person.

But not magic.

Well there's no such thing as magic. I'm an athiest, but I've seen nothing to suggest that Jesus didn't exist as a person.

You clearly have issues. You’ve got a monkey on your back, just another crutch. Some people drink, some people take pills, some gamble and some are addicted to Jesus.

You clearly have issues. You’ve got a monkey on your back, just another crutch. Some people drink, some people take pills, some gamble and some are addicted to Jesus.

People like Logicman always use the phrase anti-god. Being anti something that does not exist? He should be saying anti-blind believers like me who are full of hate.

But, let's see. You do believe he was a real person, but there is no concrete evidence that he was a real person.

Now then, you believe he was a real person because the wake that was left in his name, well, that's such an abundance and thus overwhelming, though technically circumstantial evidence, one must conclude, therefore, he was real.

I would. Because of the gargantuan wake of Jesus, his legacy, I can see no other possible conclusion that he was a real man.

Now then, as for divinity, that's an article of faith, noting that this is not the point of this thread, so I dont want to comment on that.

The point is, if you have accepted the fact that a real person who was the ultimate cause of the movement called Christianity, whether he was divine, the Son Of God, not being the argument, how come, then.....

Why will you not accept the idea that Aliens have visited, and most likely contacted many, either voluntarily though most likely ( for most) involuntarily, on earth?

Again, we're not talking religion here, we're talking popularity. And no, I'm not suggesting that aliens, being as famous as Jesus ( they come close, though ) should necessarily be believed in, it's just that, given that you will accept the existence of Jesus, without concrete evidence, just for the abundant circumstantial evidence, and that there is abundant circumstantial evidence for aliens, ( though not impacting in any spiritual way, but that is not at debate ) why would you disbelieve in their having visited the earth ?

ps. please don't bug me about the run on sentence, just read it through and it does work. :)

hehe...so...despite the fact that entering into these threads as a Christian often feels like watching the idiot in the horror movie walk into the dark basement, where you just know he's going to come to an awful end... As a Christian the possibility of the existence of aliens is perfectly acceptable to me, and in no way adds to or takes away from my understanding of Christianity. But because I do not worship aliens, or include them in my religion, there is no need to call upon faith to say, with certainty, that they do exist.

Back
Top Bottom