• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would you support her having an abortion now?

Should this woman be permitted to have an abortion now or must she wait until she miscarries?

• Total voters
I'm arguing moral reasoning.
And I'm not, as morality is subjective and irrelevant. I'm arguing from a legal perspective, which is what is applicable especially where abortion laws is concerns. I already told you your moral stance is your own. You have not made any compelling or rational argument, morally or legally.

And what does a molar pregnancy have to do with anything.
A molar pregnancy is one kind of pregnancy. When a woman is given a pregnancy test, the test is positive. She's definitely pregnant. You can't get rid of a molar pregnancy without an abortion. But an abortion of a molar pregnancy does not remove an embryo because there is no embryo in there - it's just embryonic and placental tissue that never formed into an embryo or placenta.

My point is that the definition of an abortion as the ending of a pregnancy by other than birth is correct. The molar pregnancy abortion is an induced abortion. Nobody is stupid enough to ban it. But it doesn't end a so-called life of an embryo because there's no embryo there.

I think all unmarried men should be required to have a vasectomy because they can impregnate hundreds of women, but a woman can only have one child.
(Tongue in cheek)

Yeah, no. Abortion is being criminalized and society is doing it. Not just men.
State legislature and division of male and female legislators
for example
State Male Female
TX...........181..........53
AL............130........24
AR............135........31
FL...............94........66
IN............110..........40

Total number of legislative seats in the US and territories 7599; males have 5148 females have 2451
Looks like it is mostly males not society making the laws banning and criminalizing abortion.

State legislature and division of male and female legislators
for example
State Male Female
TX...........181..........53
AL............130........24
AR............135........31
FL...............94........66
IN............110..........40

Total number of legislative seats in the US and territories 7599; males have 5148 females have 2451
Looks like it is mostly males not society making the laws banning and criminalizing abortion.

Who voted for them? Just men?

Why am I not surprised that a conservative anti-abortion male thinks it's funny that women are concerned about the ration of male to female legislators voting on laws controlling abortion and reproduction.

I think it's funny that every excuse in the book is being made for this fantasy that men are legislating women's reproductive rights.

I think it's funny that every excuse in the book is being made for this fantasy that men are legislating women's reproductive rights.
Here are the facts about your fantasy:

***84% of lawmakers who sponsored state "trigger laws" banning abortion are men.
***The laws had zero women sponsors in four states;
***12 of the 13 governors who signed them into law are men.
****91% of US senators who voted to confirm Supreme Court justices in the anti-Roe majority are men.
The article goes on to document the overwhelming % of men vs women who sponsored abortions bans in all states.

Examples of legislatures vote for passing the bills that ban on abortion
Alabama -------25 males for banning 0 females for ban
Texas -----------94 males for banning 11 females for ban
West Virginia--116 males for banning 1 woman for banning
Indiana---------115 males for banning 14 for banning
South Carolina--95 males for banning 7 females for banning

in those 5 states
445 male legislators voted to pass legislation heavily restricting or banning abortion and
33 female legislators voted to pass such legislation

94% of the legislation controlling women's reproductive lives is created and passed by males in those 5 states. Feel free to research your fantasy about the other 45 states.

Back
Top Bottom