• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

World of Warcraft maker to end anonymous forum logins

I posted before I found out they changed their minds. Guess I'll keep avoiding the forum.

I've been playing WoW since March 2006 and this won't affect me playing. I don't post on the forum very often at all, and I think it's awesome what Blizzard intends. That place is a zoo.

Last edited:
Why not just use the BattleNet account name when posting?

Oh wait, your e-mail is your account name.

Oh wait, they can find your e-mail anyway through your real name.

Last edited:
Well I just did it. I cancelled my WOW subscription completely. YAY...my real life back. Oh how I've missed it.

Well I just did it. I cancelled my WOW subscription completely. YAY...my real life back. Oh how I've missed it.

Congratulations!

It'll be worth it in the long run.

Well you suck

I got two more days of play time so I will pop in and say hi, pass out some of my stockpile of gold and other goodies from my guild vaults. I might come back during the expansion, dunno yet.

But as for now, its all about the sun, the beach, beer and hot boys.

Congratulations!

It'll be worth it in the long run.

It's already been worth it. I got in an extra workout last week. Two extra workouts this weekend...that's right, morning and evening saturday and sunday. And the coolest part is that the Sunday morning workout was to sweat out the hangover from bar hopping the night before. Yes...I think WOW had to go.

But as for now, its all about the sun, the beach, beer and hot boys.

Ummm, I think you meant hot dogs or wieners, right?

Ummm, I think you meant hot dogs or wieners, right?

No, I'm pretty sure I meant hot boys. The more the better. Something about sea spray, sun tan oil, and muscle that makes me go "WOOF"!

It's already been worth it. I got in an extra workout last week. Two extra workouts this weekend...that's right, morning and evening saturday and sunday. And the coolest part is that the Sunday morning workout was to sweat out the hangover from bar hopping the night before. Yes...I think WOW had to go.

I'm enjoying life without WOW.
A similar thing has occurred to me, I actually have time to go see some friends and actually enjoy my evenings and I went beach and theme park this week which was fun
If I have the urge to have a game, I can now just complete a level on the PS3 and turn it straight off after a hour tops (!)

Last edited:

I'm enjoying life without WOW.
A similar thing has occurred to me, I actually have time to go see some friends and actually enjoy my evenings and I went beach and theme park this week which was fun
If I have the urge to have a game, I can now just complete a level on the PS3 and turn it straight off after a hour tops (!)

It always baffles me why people can't do both. I play WoW and still workout, go camping, hiking, visit family, etc.

It always baffles me why people can't do both. I play WoW and still workout, go camping, hiking, visit family, etc.

You can't just dip 'in and out' of raiding for example. I can spend hours on WOW without even realising it and when you set yourself a goal. You don't want to stop until you achieve it.

Last edited:

Yes but now I have a chance to do more. For me, it is a matter of logging on and the time just passing by.

They even put an alarm in the game so you can stop yourself from ... well, yeah. That didn't work for me, either.

My problem is that I literally set goals (or used to) that could take 14 hours. Like "Right! I'm not stopping until my death knight is at 300 for both mining and skinning."

........ seriously? o_O

You always had a chance to do more. You just chose to play WoW instead.

WoW robs people of free will. Didn't you hear?

Actually for some people this doesn't seem far from the truth...

WoW robs people of free will. Didn't you hear?

Actually for some people this doesn't seem far from the truth...

I am afraid I might have been headed down that road. All I did was work, go to the gym, and play WoW for two or three week stretches sometimes.

True. And now I am taking control and choosing not to play WOW. At all.

LOL I see that. But you could still play WoW *some*, and do all those other things. THAT is what I'm not understanding.

It seems it's an issue with either priorities, or willpower, or something. I dunno. I mean, if you WANT to play WoW, then play WoW. If you WANT to go out, then go out. But don't say that WoW stops you from going out. You obviously made a choice and wanted to play WoW as opposed to going out (or whatever). ;)

But, if you think it's like alcoholic who can't drink in moderation, then by all means... quit while you're ahead and get rid of the addiction altogether.

I am afraid I might have been headed down that road. All I did was work, go to the gym, and play WoW for two or three week stretches sometimes.

Which is obviously what you *wanted* to do, or else you wouldn't have done it. ;)

Last edited:
LOL I see that. But you could still play WoW *some*, and do all those other things. THAT is what I'm not understanding.

It seems it's an issue with either priorities, or willpower, or something. I dunno. I mean, if you WANT to play WoW, then play WoW. If you WANT to go out, then go out. But don't say that WoW stops you from going out. You obviously made a choice and wanted to play WoW as opposed to going out (or whatever). ;)

But, if you think it's like alcoholic who can't drink in moderation, then by all means... quit while you're ahead and get rid of the addiction altogether.

Which is obviously what you *wanted* to do, or else you wouldn't have done it. ;)

Stop being so damned logical. Yes, its what I wanted to be doing. But no, I don't want to be doing it anymore. At least not till winter time comes.

Basically, I am just now starting to acclimate to my new environment. Having lived in Alaska for so long, my perception of the seasons was just ****ed up and I am just now adjusting to normalcy on that front. WOW just isn't entertaining to me anymore now that there's pool parties, surfing, drunken debauchery on the beach, night clubs, etc.

I am sure I will play WOW again sometime later. I just dont feel like paying for it while I am not using it.

I bought Modern Warfare 2. But I still play wow instead is this indicative of a problem?

It's a game. Play whatever makes you happy and keeps you entertained.

As to the rest, I'm in a very different place in my life. Over 50, single, a bit agoraphobic. Daughter and grandkids live an hour away. All things considered, WoW is my best entertainment value for the buck.

Stop being so damned logical. Yes, its what I wanted to be doing. But no, I don't want to be doing it anymore. At least not till winter time comes.

Basically, I am just now starting to acclimate to my new environment. Having lived in Alaska for so long, my perception of the seasons was just ****ed up and I am just now adjusting to normalcy on that front. WOW just isn't entertaining to me anymore now that there's pool parties, surfing, drunken debauchery on the beach, night clubs, etc.

I am sure I will play WOW again sometime later. I just dont feel like paying for it while I am not using it.

whatever, n00b :2razz:

It's a game. Play whatever makes you happy and keeps you entertained.

As to the rest, I'm in a very different place in my life. Over 50, single, a bit agoraphobic. Daughter and grandkids live an hour away. All things considered, WoW is my best entertainment value for the buck.

Yeah, see...I'm 34 and so I still have a few good years left to bone as many 19-25 year olds as possible before I get too old to keep up with them. And that's what I fully intend to do.

Yeah, see...I'm 34 and so I still have a few good years left to bone as many 19-25 year olds as possible before I get too old to keep up with them. And that's what I fully intend to do.

I can haz ur gold, pl0x?

Seriously. I need more gold. <.< >.>

Back
Top Bottom