• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

World’s happiest countries: Here’s why U.S. slipped in new report

There is a huge difference between a country with 5 million people and a country with over 300 million. It's like new treatments being tried in the healthcare field. We find a drug or vaccine that maybe cures HIV in rats and then we try it on humans and it is a total fail. Something works perfectly in a petri dish but doesn't work in humans. We test a new flight system in a new plane in the testing stage and it works perfectly, only to have two major crashes killing over 300 people in actual flights. The left doesn't seem to acknowledge this. "Oh, it worked in this country with 5 million people so there's no reason it shouldn't work in a country with over 300 million".

You do realize that Rabid doesn't actually care for the topic, having a point, or even having an intellectual discussion?

His post could barely even boil down to calling you uninformed, and even then we'd probably be stuck laughing at him with that suggestion alone.

You know, you'd think so, but I haven't seen a homeless person in the 13 years I've been in Germany. Saw them all the time in the US.

Yes, I highly doubt you'd even look down to see the people you routinely tread upon.

The left wing response is always idiotic, void of any facts, logic, or reasoning. That's what happens when they don't have any facts on their side.

The size of the country does matter. We are larger, but also have a lot more money being wasted every year.

There had to power through some of the same inane crap that we see here. But your post has been corrected to reflect reality.

But they aren't intolerant right wing bigots...Like angry trump supporters are

So you're completely fine on siding with the left-wing sex offenders, criminals, racist, homophobes, ideologues and a whole slew of negativity that their side transcribes...?

Well... at least you're happy.

The right wing response is always idiotic, void of any facts, logic, or reasoning. That's what happens when people don't have any facts on their side.

The size of the country shouldn't matter. We are larger, but also have a lot more money. More contributors, so for say healthcare, size wouldn't matter. also, China has 3-4X more people than us, they have healthcare

Have you ever considered you might be an extreme partisan?

Or Germany just isn't littered with homeless people like the US is.

On the rise:

Poverty, homelessness on the rise despite German affluence ...
Error 404 - requested page not found...

Poverty, homelessness on the rise despite German affluence. - Homeless people often move to large cities. The Bahnhofsmission – an emergency aid organization located in over 100 German train stations – estimates there are about 10,000 in Berlin alone, up from estimates of …

Homelessness in Germany - WikiVisually
https://wikivisually.com/wiki/Homelessness_in_Germany

Homelessness in Germany is a significant social issue, one that is estimated to affect over 200,000 people. However, there are limits to the studies on the topic; reportedly, there are no statistics of homeless youth in Germany, and estimates range from 1,500 to 50,000.

Germany homeless: Destitute citizens in Frankfurt will ...
USA TODAY

Dec 19, 2017 · "Not enough is being done to fight the root causes" of increasing homelessness in Germany, she said.

Last edited:
Or Germany just isn't littered with homeless people like the US is.

Probably not. But that still doesn't change the fact that countries still have their own issues with homelessness.

By the way, the HUD has the US at around a .17% homeless population. While Germany sits at around a .50% rating.

You will respect my diversitah.

images

Modern social capital doesn't include which church you attend, or which charity you donate your time to, only the number of non-whites you're willing to live around. This is why I think most whites are brainwashed. Like Mollie Tibbets, who Tweeted about loving illegals, and hating white people.

But hey, at least you live around diversity Chinaski. Most white liberals I encounter online don't.
The key is “most liberals you encounter online” and that’s the root the problem, you need to get out of the house more. Get off stormfront and the ideological rags that feed your paranoia. You’re viewing the world through online filters.

Last edited:
Immigration is not bad. Illegal immigration is bad, especially if illegals flood into our country and are forbidden by law to work to pay their own way, forcing them onto American welfare.

Except most studies show that even illegal immigrants on net contribute to the economy, not take away from it. In CA, TX, and AZ, they are estimated to make up about 10% of the entire economy of the state.

This is not say illegal immigration is OK. But the reason is not because they end up on welfare. That's just stuff you hear on Fox News.

Do you realize the difference between a Harvard University sponsored study which included thousands of Americans from many different cities, and your anecdotal sentences, which begin with 'I', 'me', & 'mine'?

From The Harvard Business Review on the impact of diversity in the business world:

"All in all, we couldn’t have asked for a better “lab rat” than the venture capital (VC) world. Over the past several years one of us (Paul Gompers) has examined the decisions of thousands of venture capitalists and tens of thousands of investments, and the evidence is clear: Diversity significantly improves financial performance on measures such as profitable investments at the individual portfolio-company level and overall fund returns. And even though the desire to associate with similar people—a tendency academics call homophily—can bring social benefits to those who exhibit it, including a sense of shared culture and belonging, it can also lead investors and firms to leave a lot of money on the table...

What does all that mean for performance? How do the financial outcomes of homogeneous partnerships compare with those of diverse collaborations? The difference is dramatic. Along all dimensions measured, the more similar the investment partners, the lower their investments’ performance. For example, the success rate of acquisitions and IPOs was 11.5% lower, on average, for investments by partners with shared school backgrounds than for those by partners from different schools. The effect of shared ethnicity was even stronger, reducing an investment’s comparative success rate by 26.4% to 32.2%.

To understand why homogeneous teams have worse investment outcomes, it’s critical to determine exactly when decision making suffers. Interestingly, projects selected by both homogeneous and diverse sets of investment partners were equally promising at the time the decision to invest was made. Differences in decision quality and performance came later, when the investors helped shape strategy, recruitment, and other efforts critical to a young company’s survival and growth. Thriving in a highly uncertain competitive environment requires creative thinking in those areas, and the diverse collaborators were better equipped to deliver it...

Social interactions can compel people to reevaluate what it means for someone to be “like them,” beyond such easily discernible demographic indicators. The benefits of these interactions carry over to the workplace, where expanded networks and mindsets can improve both individual and organizational performance...When people choose to ignore bias or deny that it exists, they keep seeking out business partners, team members, and employees who share their traits, and they miss out on the quantifiable benefits of diversity.

Social science research suggests that people tend to react with anger and irritation when confronted about their biases—particularly when those biases are accurately labeled as such. Although such interactions may be unpleasant, they also tend to lead to behavioral change, and so should be welcomed as opportunities for growth. Bias is a measurable condition, but it is not a permanent one, on either the individual or the organizational level. By acknowledging it we can counter it, expanding our pool of potential collaborators and improving financial performance.

Summary: it is possible that lack of diversity can make the people who want it feel better about themselves. But there's nothing inevitable about that feeling. It seems some basic exposure to others of different background as colleagues and collaborators gets rid of all that fairly quickly. And it seems the results seem to be well worth the effort, if not for a more just and humane society, but even a from purely financial considerations.

I personally don't work in the venture capital world, but in a science and engineering-related workplace. And I can assure you that we value the input of our colleagues from places like Japan, India, the middle east, or South America as much as any "white" country. Ethnic background is not even a consideration where we work.

Except most studies show that even illegal immigrants on net contribute to the economy, not take away from it. In CA, TX, and AZ, they are estimated to make up about 10% of the entire economy of the state.

This is not say illegal immigration is OK. But the reason is not because they end up on welfare. That's just stuff you hear on Fox News.

California is reeling from debt caused by caring for illegals, yet the democrats in the sanctuary state are demanding that the federal government pick up the tab for those skyrocketing costs.

The key is “most liberals you encounter online” and that’s the root the problem, you need to get out of the house more. Get off stormfront and the ideological rags that feed your paranoia. You’re viewing the world through online filters.

Duh...because I was replying to a liberal I was debating online. I try to avoid talking politics with most people I meet here in California. Liberals are horrible debaters in person, and in my experience, they don't know any pertinent facts to the issues they discuss, and will resort to emotional outbursts of anger or shaming tactics fairly quickly. Some even cry, and that's super cringy awkward, as when an adult cries in front of you, when you're discussing black crime rates. This happened to me 3 years ago at a Starbucks in Dublin.

If anything, you're the one living in an echo chamber, being a liberal living in Chicago, while I'm outnumbered by liberals where I live. So stop getting your news from John Oliver, and come up with a more relevant reference than Stormfront.

:lol: Good point...health and comfort always piss me off...and if it applies to my family, well... I almost punched the nurse in the face when she told me my son's last visit to the doctor would cost me 0 dollars and 0 cents. ;)

JUST like Venezuela!!! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom