• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Women Prefer to Marry Men with Beards, Science Says

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
https://www.simplemost.com/women-pr...partner&utm_campaign=scripps&utm_content=KMTV

Well, a new scientific study says that most women view bearded chaps as more trustworthy and as better potential mates than their clean-shaven peers.
The study, which was published in the Journal of Evolutionary Biology, said that women see men with beards as being better relationship material.
~~~~~

What do you think, ladies? I prefer clean-shaven men, myself, but I have been attracted to many bearded men as well. I don't look at bearded men as being "more trustworthy".

https://www.simplemost.com/women-pr...partner&utm_campaign=scripps&utm_content=KMTV

Well, a new scientific study says that most women view bearded chaps as more trustworthy and as better potential mates than their clean-shaven peers.
The study, which was published in the Journal of Evolutionary Biology, said that women see men with beards as being better relationship material.
~~~~~

What do you think, ladies? I prefer clean-shaven men, myself, but I have been attracted to many bearded men as well. I don't look at bearded men as being "more trustworthy".

What the scoop on us boys that have stubble or really short trimmed beards. Being lazy I trim my face with the same electric shears as I trim my hair with in about the same time frame. Once every two weeks or so. I hate messing around with razors, though a good barber with a straight edge and the hot towel, that aint half bad at all.

"Additionally, a strong jawline and other masculine features could make a man less attractive to women, as studies have shown that women prefer men with more “feminine” features. For instance, think Zac Efron or Leonardo DiCaprio rather than Dwayne Johnson (although, yes, we do smell what he is cooking)."

Huh?

When did effeminate men become the rage???

:shock:

~~~~~

Do beards tickle spots better?

Clean-shaven for me. Beards always strike me as being like a mask to hide behind. Loathe moustaches with a passion. I don't like the pretty boy, effeminate look...a man who looks like a man and, more importantly, acts like a man, not an effeminate wimp.

Clean-shaven for me. Beards always strike me as being like a mask to hide behind. Loathe moustaches with a passion. I don't like the pretty boy, effeminate look...a man who looks like a man and, more importantly, acts like a man, not an effeminate wimp.

Beards serve a purpose, keep bugs and sun off you, maybe prevent skin cancer. If I took a razor to my face, I would really suffer.

I have always been attracted to bearded men. Not sure why, but there is something, mmmmmmmm huh, about a furry face. I'm picky about mustache only. Has to be the right shape.

Not saying clean shaven guys are awful, but I'm not into the Zac Effron or Leo look. Too boyish. Gotta be able to at least grow some serious stubble. LOL

Mustache only =

giphy.gif

Mustache only =

giphy.gif

The percentage of white men who look best with just a mustache is pretty low. Tom Selleck and Sam Elliott are the only famous ones I can think of off the top of my head. I think a higher percentage of black men can pull the look off.

The percentage of white men who look best with just a mustache is pretty low. Tom Selleck and Sam Elliott are the only famous ones I can think of off the top of my head. I think a higher percentage of black men can pull the look off.

I think it has more to do with age than skin color.

Last edited:
:doh There is no Key to understanding Women

I have always been attracted to bearded men. Not sure why, but there is something, mmmmmmmm huh, about a furry face. I'm picky about mustache only. Has to be the right shape.

Not saying clean shaven guys are awful, but I'm not into the Zac Effron or Leo look. Too boyish. Gotta be able to at least grow some serious stubble. LOL

Like these guys?

T0SMNav.jpg

~~~~~

eh I can grow one I just hate it. after about a week of not shaving my face just itches to death. I can't stand it. I have to shave it.
plus my wife doesn't like my stubble.

eh I can grow one I just hate it. after about a week of not shaving my face just itches to death. I can't stand it. I have to shave it.

Yeah, stubble can be painful.

I could never shave my beard. Beard is life. :lol:

I guess it's cool that women like beards according to this study, but even if they didn't I wouldn't shave it.

Moisturize. V.important for a soft non-itchy beard. Good for the skin underneath too.

And if it gets long enough it can be considered beard over stubble, consider beard oil/conditioner etc, but that's more dependent on the individual beard.

Like these guys?

That's tooooooooooooo much. LOL More like this:

rexfeatures-5093110k.jpg

hottest-guys_movember-ryan_reynolds-700_0.jpg

the-most-famous-little-people-in-the-world-u1

And Sam Elliott in whatever manner he wears his facial hair:

30733468_1300x1733.jpg

e6526db820b80454eed1eb4791493a84--man-candy-sexy-men.jpg

Moisturize. V.important for a soft non-itchy beard. Good for the skin underneath too.

And if it gets long enough it can be considered beard over stubble, consider beard oil/conditioner etc, but that's more dependent on the individual beard.

That's girly nonsense.

That's girly nonsense.

Do you not use soap or shampoo or toothpaste either?

And yeah unless your girl likes having her face (or other places ;) ;) ) scratched with your loofah beard you should moisturize.

~~~~~

It's biology. A beard is a symbol of virility, meaning better opportunity to propagate the species.

Back
Top Bottom