• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Women aren't the problem. LEFTWING women are.

He was too busy keeping the Moral Majority in his political back pocket. Allowing (initially) thousands of gay people to die was just politicking.

I never understood why killing off gay people made them feel more "moral".

I can never understand Christians that so completely missed how Jesus lived his life.

One of my coworkers explained that AIDS was just god's punishment for sinful behavior. He had a little harder time explaining why any just god would punish newborns, blood transplant recipients, etc. with AIDS except that it was for some reason god's will. He was openly OK with AIDS killing people, because they deserved it - most of them anyway and the rest....:shrug: That was the last time I had anything other than a work discussion with that person.

FWIW, turns out this evangelical was a lying POS who blamed me behind my back for a royal screw up on one of our biggest clients, a return I spent 0 hours on and had nothing to do with except failed attempts a year later to fix his mistake. I wasn't even surprised. My experience is those kinds of "religious" people are deep down just hateful, intolerant assholes who use religion to justify it. It took a while for me to overcome a bias against Christians in general versus just the fake ones like that guy.

I was wondering the same thing. Interestingly enough lots of battered wives did not turn hubby in. They felt trapped - living bruised and battered and fearful was frequently a more palatable choice that leaving the kids with him or having not enough resources to care for her children if she did leave.

Back in the day....a police officer called to the house might just chalk it up as a simple disagreement ….dispite the bruising. If she was too fearful to fight for her rights with the officer, it might just look worse for the woman for calling the police needlessly.

SDET is clueless on this subject.

Of course. Women did have few options back then. They were practically owned by their husbands or fathers...that is the realistic portrayal of their individual rights.

Of course. Women did have few options back then. They were practically owned by their husbands or fathers...that is the realistic portrayal of their individual rights.

My brothers and I would have been better off being raised by a single mom.

We gave women rights.

They used them to kill babies and make it legal. Then they gave us Hillary Clinton to add insult to injury.

1.) Abortion is recorded in the Bible and there is no condemnation against it. The Roe decision didn't legalize abortion but instead of said that we have always had that right and Texas's attempt to ban it was unconstitutional. Nobody is killing babies, despite your emotional argument to substitute baby for the biologically correct term of fetus. Your god is not pro-life. Hosea 9:10-16

2.) Conservatives fought against women's rights and are still fighting against them. Conservatives seek to protect and enforce a white male Christian heterosexual society with others existing as unequal, while they pay lip service to freedom and equality.

3.) Your fascination with Hillary clients is amusing. Do you check to make sure that she didn't put listening devices under your bed and in the closet before you to go sleep?

If I accept your statement as true, what is your point?

Should the government intervene and force NASCAR to pay less skilled women drivers the same as more skilled male drivers?

Quarantines happen only with proper resources. At the same time you need to research and develop treatment and cures.

Before you quarantine you have to understand what you may need to quarantine and why. You know....science.

Who would you quarantine? How would you know when to lift the quarantine?

How do you treat? How do you prevent the spread?

Your simplistic "quarantine" answer is beyond laughable.

Reagan bowing to the cruel whims of the Moral Majority was the least fiscally responsible thing he could have done. It was also the least "Jesus-y" thing he could have done. Not to mention immensely stupid from a public health standpoint. Pretty friggen dangerous as well. Ask Ryan White's family.

Science does not recommend quarantine? Just let those infected with AIDS run wild spreading the disease like fire without alerting the general public who is dangerously infected?

You cannot quarantine people who are not contagious to the general population. People have rights.

AIDS spread like wildfire due to homosexual sex between those infected and those who had no idea their infected immoral sex partners were carrying a deadly disease which could be passed on by homosexual sex. That's like allowing those infected with the Ebola virus to freely circulate among the general population while warning nobody about who is infected with the disease.

I drove race cars and I have trophies for 1/3 of my races, which means that I finished in the top three 30% of the time. Meet me at the track and I'll show you how to watch my gearbox as I disappear into the distance.

Are you currently fighting for equal pay for women in your sport?

I hadn't even considered that he just meant gay people. Crap. If that is what he meant.....that is beyond stupid and more dangerous than what Reagan did (or rather didn't) do.

Don't worry. To keep from causing homosexuals grief the medical profession refused to publish the names of those infected with the deadly disease so others could be warned.

He wanted to put gay people in quarantine. This would be a concentration campo because of religious belief. Religious conservative salivates at this idea because they would try to reeducate them via reparative theory.

I suppose modern leftists oppose the idea of quarantine. I'm OK with that. Let infected people remain anonymous and let the rest of the population just take their chances. I'm in favor of gun ownership also. Let gun owners own guns and let the rest of the population, both good people and bad, take their chances.

Should the government intervene and force NASCAR to pay less skilled women drivers the same as more skilled male drivers?

Women should have the same opportunities to earn compensation as men have. If all the department directors get paid based on their position and title, then women should make as much as men do. If compensation is based on performance (e.g., winning NASCAR races), then women should be paid based on their performance and at the same rate as the men get paid.

And that means that no woman is capable of landing on a carrier and all women should be excluded from pilot training?

In the history of aeronautics there were an equal number of women and men pilots. Women participated in the trick flying of the Barnstorming days. Look up Bessie Coleman. It wasn't until flying became commercial and pilots were paid to fly that women suddenly disappear from flying history.

I'm not opposing women pilots. I'm just saying my brother in law said female pilots on average were not as skilled as male pilots in the Navy.

Science does not recommend quarantine? Just let those infected with AIDS run wild spreading the disease like fire without alerting the general public who is dangerously infected?

Not in the case of AIDS. it is a waste of resources.

And how do you know they are infected with AIDs? You clearly do not care about Public Health.

The best way to make sure you do not contain an epidemic is to make people believe they will be quarantined and lose the ability to support themselves....so they actively attempt to evade the Public Health Officials.

You pretend to know about GRID and AIDS, but you know nothing. When it was GRID, there was not even a proper test. Eventually the HTLV3 test came around, but clearly they needed better. If you remember back then, a frequent presenting symptom was Kaposis Sarcoma. Not an early sign to present with. By that time....how many people could be infected. How many gallons of donated infected blood?

Tell me, how would quarantine come close to helping when you don't have a decent test because of lack of resources and when you have instilled fear into a populace that now wants to escape people who clearly do not have their well being at heart.

Was your intent just to quarantine all gay people? I mean seriously...how did you think that quarantine was going to work.

Hell, you do not seem to even have an idea why you would quarantine and facts about transmission.

They are off of food stamps because the Trump administration changed the eligibility requirements not because they earned more or had greater wealth. And you will not find any statistics to support your claim that the middle class is increasing or that the amount of wealth held by the middle class has increased.

Obama changed eligibility requirements and millions were added to the government welfare rolls. I think Trump may be doing the government and all Americans a favor by cutting back on those wild government spending programs.

Wow, just digging your hole deeper. As if a woman could get away with killing the drinking husband? What planet was that? And there are just as many secret alcoholics as there are domestic abusers.

And more BS that a woman that slaved all day taking care of kids, cooking, and a hovel...which is all the loser male could provide...during that time in history would have been exhausted too and of COURSE she'd want to object to sex sometimes. You excuse men by saying, 'oh but she knew she didnt have the right to complain anyway?'

What is wrong with you?

And you still cannot even provide a coherent argument. You cant even post reality.

I admire women who trust God in helping them deal with abusive husbands and I admire men who trust God in dealing with carnal wives.

I was wondering the same thing. Interestingly enough lots of battered wives did not turn hubby in. They felt trapped - living bruised and battered and fearful was frequently a more palatable choice that leaving the kids with him or having not enough resources to care for her children if she did leave.

Back in the day....a police officer called to the house might just chalk it up as a simple disagreement ….dispite the bruising. If she was too fearful to fight for her rights with the officer, it might just look worse for the woman for calling the police needlessly.

SDET is clueless on this subject.

My male cousin got the shock of his life when he came home one day to discover his wife of 6 years had left him and the children for another woman. Women can be abusive and evil also.

I'm not sure what modern women want who think their husbands should not own property or have control over family finances. Do these women think they should be solely in charge, that nobody should be in charge, or that everybody should be in charge?

Women should have the same opportunities to earn compensation as men have. If all the department directors get paid based on their position and title, then women should make as much as men do. If compensation is based on performance (e.g., winning NASCAR races), then women should be paid based on their performance and at the same rate as the men get paid.

You make a good point. If women earn greater profits for the company they work for they should be given appropriate compensation if possible, but the government is wrong if it interferes in most businesses to decide what those rates of compensation should be, if any.

I'm not sure what modern women want who think their husbands should not own property or have control over family finances. Do these women think they should be solely in charge, that nobody should be in charge, or that everybody should be in charge?

Where did you read that? I never even implied it.

Don't worry. To keep from causing homosexuals grief the medical profession refused to publish the names of those infected with the deadly disease so others could be warned.

Publishing names is the first best way to make sure people hide from public health officials. You clearly do not care about the public health. How Jesus-y of you.

I admire women who trust God in helping them deal with abusive husbands and I admire men who trust God in dealing with carnal wives.

You mean like "thoughts and prayers" for the victims of shootings?

Yeah...a little late for that. Where was He when the shots were flying?

You admire women that pray for God to intervene, all the while their sons are undergoing the indoctrination that that is how men are allowed to treat women and thus going on to continue the (documented) cycle of abuse? And that influences their daughters that that is what women are supposed to accept?

Yeah...no thanks.

My male cousin got the shock of his life when he came home one day to discover his wife of 6 years had left him and the children for another woman. Women can be abusive and evil also.

Agreed. But interesting enough, you did not give any examples of the abuse.

Your story is the reason why people should be free to come out about their preference. Wouldn't your cousin have preferred to marry a for sure straight woman?

I suppose modern leftists oppose the idea of quarantine. I'm OK with that. Let infected people remain anonymous and let the rest of the population just take their chances. I'm in favor of gun ownership also. Let gun owners own guns and let the rest of the population, both good people and bad, take their chances.

AIDS was never thought to be spread by casual contact. You can not take peoples basic rights away without just cause.

Most children would have been far better off if they had been raised by reliable Christian parents.
You are so full of ******* that your eyes are brown.

I was raised by Christian parents and I have PTSD because of the long term physical and emotional abuse that I suffer because of my mother religious beliefs.

Back
Top Bottom