• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Woman commits armed rape against ex-boyfriend. doesn't get charged with sex crime

SDET

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Where's the rape/sexual assault charge? Why won't she be required to register as a sex offender? If she gets pregnant, will the ex-boyfriend be on the hook for child support? Could there be a clearer case of female privilege?

A Great Falls woman with a history of domestic violence against her ex-boyfriend was charged Friday after she allegedly armed herself with a machete and forced him to have sex with her.

Samatha Ray Mears, 19, faces six new charges, including aggravated burglary, assault with a weapon, unlawful restraint, partner family member assault and two counts of criminal mischief. In April, she was charged with felony strangulation for allegedly assaulting the same victim.

In April, Mears was charged with felony strangulation of a partner after another argument escalated at the victim's home. In that case, according to court documents, Mears had grabbed his hair and hit him in the face. The man was able to get the Mears off him, "but was hesitant about physically protecting himself, as he thought he would get into legal trouble if he did."

https://www.greatfallstribune.com/s...e-domestic-violence-samantha-mears/734603002/

Where's the rape/sexual assault charge? Why won't she be required to register as a sex offender? If she gets pregnant, will the ex-boyfriend be on the hook for child support? Could there be a clearer case of female privilege?

https://www.greatfallstribune.com/s...e-domestic-violence-samantha-mears/734603002/

I guess the liberal Utopia that is Montana has conspired to subjugate men who are victims of sexual assault by women with machetes.

Or maybe you should ask the district attorney in this case why they didn't recommend that charge since...that is their job.

Yep, there's got to be some reason she wasn't charged with force-able rape. God only knows what.

Yep, there's got to be some reason she wasn't charged with force-able rape. God only knows what.

Meh, just a little rough sex. Perhaps her ex enjoys this?

Of course, trial by public media and the court of public opinion fits in with the mentality of lynchers so prevalent today.

She's been arrested, going through the process, what more does the viewing public want as it gets its rocks off vicariously. At least the guy is intact and not suffering from Bobbit syndrome.

What is in the water where she lives? Plenty of guys around who would gladly satisfy her needs.

People should be more concerned with the death of the "Old Man," may he rest in peace. Who will be busting Chumly's chops now? Might she be interested working in a pawn shop? It's not like Chumly has been taken. More likely, taken not.

I think the wording of rape laws in a lot of jurisdictions are still based on the idea of men raping women, including things like requiring the victim to be penetrated in some manner so it’s possible thing case didn’t meet the technical definition or would require proving particular interpretation in court. There’s also the aspect of gender bias in a potential jury (and even judges) where a woman sexually assaulting a man won’t be seen in the same way, if only subconsciously, and focusing too much on that aspect could weaken the whole case. It still wouldn’t be good if either of those are the case, it’s just about not automatically assuming prosecutors are actively in the wrong.

Meh, just a little rough sex. Perhaps her ex enjoys this?

Of course, trial by public media and the court of public opinion fits in with the mentality of lynchers so prevalent today.

She's been arrested, going through the process, what more does the viewing public want as it gets its rocks off vicariously. At least the guy is intact and not suffering from Bobbit syndrome.

What is in the water where she lives? Plenty of guys around who would gladly satisfy her needs.

People should be more concerned with the death of the "Old Man," may he rest in peace. Who will be busting Chumly's chops now? Might she be interested working in a pawn shop? It's not like Chumly has been taken. More likely, taken not.

Irrelevant to the thread but EVERYBODY busts Chumly's chops.

As to the topic, maybe I'm naive and/or sexist but exactly how does a woman go about raping a man (meaning penis-vagina penetration)? If a woman was waving a machete at me, I doubt I'd be able, much less willing, to perform.

Well, it is difficult to say "man was forced to have sex" with a straight face...:mrgreen:

One of the few things I think men are unfairly treated by the law on include the rape laws of some jurisdictions. As was pointed out, some rape laws do not include men being raped by women. It is not fair. It also has very little to do with women and more to do with men who do not want to include such things because such an admission would mean admitting women can overpower men (in some way) and force men to have sex with them. That is an unacceptable admission to some men.

Additionally, people would also have to admit that certain reactions (such as erections) are involuntary. This is something that some people have argued is not true, especially certain conservatives who believe that if a woman "orgasms" during rape, has any positive reaction, is turned on at all, she must have wanted it and was saying "yes" in those reactions. It also has implications in sexuality as well and the whole "being gay is a choice" thing. It is much more complicated than simply courts or even the law treating men differently. Even in media, men are treated differently when it comes to rape, especially by women. Two examples are the ending of 40 Days And 40 Nights and when Nightwing (comic books) was raped (writer said "it wasn't rape, the sex just wasn't consensual") by Tarantula (female antihero).

In this case, men are treated differently and shouldn't be. It means people need to change the laws and/or how they are enforced.

Perhaps she wasn't charged because it's hard to prove that he didn't give his consent at some point

Irrelevant to the thread but EVERYBODY busts Chumly's chops.

As to the topic, maybe I'm naive and/or sexist but exactly how does a woman go about raping a man (meaning penis-vagina penetration)? If a woman was waving a machete at me, I doubt I'd be able, much less willing, to perform.

Scared flaccid? You might want to double whammy this by seeking psychotherapy and consultation with a urologist?

I have fond memories of both women who raped me.

Scared flaccid? You might want to double whammy this by seeking psychotherapy and consultation with a urologist?

I have fond memories of both women who raped me.

So you're necro-ing a somewhat tongue-in-cheek post from 3-plus weeks ago? Whatever. As to flaccidity, advanced age and diabetes don't help either. So were your "rapes" real, meaning complete with all the horror a woman experiences during and after rape. Or were they just role-playing with her dominant and you submissive?

There is a term called lesbian rape. It is very uncommon, and very few will go to prison. Because, it is very common in women's prisons and over looked. It is harder to send a woman to jail, and harder to send a woman to prison for a sex crime.

I guess the liberal Utopia that is Montana has conspired to subjugate men who are victims of sexual assault by women with machetes.

Or maybe you should ask the district attorney in this case why they didn't recommend that charge since...that is their job.

Now THAT is funny stuff right there and you deserve your do for completely owning the OP LMAO
:applaud:funny

There is a term called lesbian rape. It is very uncommon, and very few will go to prison. Because, it is very common in women's prisons and over looked. It is harder to send a woman to jail, and harder to send a woman to prison for a sex crime.

I bet if she gets pregnant he would be forced to pay child support...

So you're necro-ing a somewhat tongue-in-cheek post from 3-plus weeks ago? Whatever. As to flaccidity, advanced age and diabetes don't help either. So were your "rapes" real, meaning complete with all the horror a woman experiences during and after rape. Or were they just role-playing with her dominant and you submissive?

Please accept an apology. Post #11 revived this thread today. I backtracked to the OP, then responded to your funny post with post #13. Humor begat humor.

I turn 62 this summer. Accordingly, my libido no longer influences my life nearly as much as in yesteryear.

The first rape occurred in 1982. My lover found me in the wee hours of the morning passed out. She undressed me. I woke up in coitus. I loved her and would have married her if she would have accepted.

The 2nd rape occurred in 2010. Again a lover had her way with me after I passed out. I married her in 2011. We celebrated our 7th anniversary yesterday.

I bet if she gets pregnant he would be forced to pay child support...

I do not know the state this trial is in. Or, the laws dealing with a woman in prison and with child. Since this case of rape is a few weeks old, we would have understand if she is with child or not by this late date.

Well, it is difficult to say "man was forced to have sex" with a straight face...:mrgreen:

This surprised me as well:

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/11/the-understudied-female-sexual-predator/503492/

Two years ago, Lara Stemple, Director of UCLA’s Health and Human Rights Law Project, came upon a statistic that surprised her: In incidents of sexual violence reported to the National Crime Victimization Survey, 38 percent of victims were men––a figure much higher than in prior surveys. Intrigued, she began to investigate: Was sexual violence against men more common than previously thought?

https://www.cnn.com/2013/10/09/living/chris-brown-female-on-male-rape/index.html

well maybe he said the safety word and she persisted. :mrgreen:

Lots of strange things happening out there... that is why I live here, in a hole under a bridge.

Back
Top Bottom