• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wisconsin Christmas tree festival

Loulit01

Leftist Filth
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

Satanic Temple's 'bizarre' inclusion at Wisconsin Christmas tree festival sparks outrage: 'No neutral ground'​

A Wisconsin museum is facing backlash after its annual Christmas tree festival included some controversial entries this year.

Of the 66 trees on display at the National Railroad Museum in Ashwaubenon, Wisconsin, the ones that seemed to draw the most attention belonged to the Satanic Temple of Wisconsin and the Bay Area Council on Gender Diversity.

The trees, which will be on display until Dec. 31, included decorations fitting for their causes, and not the typical ornaments depicting images related to Jesus, angels or the Christmas holiday.

The tree belonging to the Satanic Temple was adorned with red lighting and beads, pentagrams, and various ornaments, with one reading, "Hail Santa," an apparent play off the phrase, "Hail Satan." The Gender Diversity tree included pink and blue colored trans flags, and ornaments with sayings such as, "Protect Trans Kids."

According to local NBC affiliate WGBA, museum CEO Jacqueline Frank admitted a number of local residents attending the festival had expressed concern over the presence of the trees, but also said some had praised their inclusivity. Others took to social media to air their grievances.

"Outrageous! National Railroad Museum features a Satanic worship tree," Matt Batzel, executive director of conservative grassroots organization American Majority, wrote in a post on X, including photos of the Satanic display.

Is there anyone, anyone, who didn't see this coming?

Not my circus, not my monkeys but if the event is a non-government event at non-government venue and no tax dollars are used they should be permitted to set their own rules.
On the flip side, the quickest way to deal with this and not create a gong show would be to simply ignore the two trees that bother them and enjoy the event. Pretty sure if they did that the trees would not be back next year, as that's likely their entire purpose.

But what's Christmas without a little juicy outage... hehe

Anyone who's outraged by this is probably wrapped too tightly.
On the other hand the Satanists have no reason to get involved in a Christian celebration other than being deliberately provocative. They ought to be ignored, or sneered at and scorned for the juvenile attention-whores they are.
If the sneers and scorn can be done without screwing up the event for others.

Last edited:
On the flip side, the quickest way to deal with this and not create a gong show would be to simply ignore the two trees that bother them and enjoy the event. Pretty sure if they did that the trees would not be back next year, as that's likely their entire purpose.
Course it is. They're like socially-dysfunctional teenagers trying to provoke response. Ignore them for sure.

Social conservatives thrive on the fake war on christian and the feeling that someone is (not really) persecuting them. I hope the Humanists, Pagans and the FFRF also entered a tree mor maybe just a sign.

Even if it was all churches that entered trees there would still be outrage because the protestants or Catholics would oppose one church or another as a cult. You cannot possibly please these people, so dont even try. This is why we have the separation of church and state, that religious conservatives vehemently oppose.

Anyone who's outraged by this is probably wrapped too tightly.
That seems to be largely christians.
On the other hand the Satanists have no reason to get involved in a Christian celebration other than being deliberately provocative.
A sweeping generalization.
They ought to be ignored, or sneered at and scorned for the juvenile attention-whores they are.
Just like christians with their displays and such, right?
If the sneers and scorn can be done without screwing up the event for others.
I'd bet it would also be mostly christians responsible for that.

That seems to be largely christians.

A sweeping generalization.
Okay, so why would Satanists want to participate in a Christian celebration?
Just like christians with their displays and such, right?

I'd bet it would also be mostly christians responsible for that.

Ask them. They have as much right to do so as any other religion. Why would christians have a christmas tree festival when christmas trees are more pagan in origin and not christian?

On the other hand the Satanists have no reason to get involved in a Christian celebration other than being deliberately provocative.
A Christmas tree festival is not a Christian celebration; it is a celebration of the Christmas tree which has pagan origins. Christmas and Christmas trees have both secular and religious meaning.

Ask them. They have as much right to do so as any other religion. Why would christians have a christmas tree festival when christmas trees are more pagan in origin and not christian?
It's a tradition. Takes awhile but things become traditional. It's like an Irish Orange society celebrating St. Patrick's day. Nobody probably remembers when a group of emphatic Protestants started celebrating a Catholic saints day but it's traditional now.
It's not traditional for Satanists to participate in a Christian celebration. It's attention-seeking behaviour, at best.
Like I said, anyone who gets outraged by this is probably just wrapped up too tightly but it looks juvenile to me.

It's a tradition. Takes awhile but things become traditional. It's like an Irish Orange society celebrating St. Patrick's day. Nobody probably remembers when a group of emphatic Protestants started celebrating a Catholic saints day but it's traditional now.
So? I suppose if Satanists join in on X-Mas long enough, it'll become a tradition too, right?
It's not traditional for Satanists to participate in a Christian celebration.
See previous statement.
It's attention-seeking behaviour, at best.
Sweeping generalization.
Like I said, anyone who gets outraged by this is probably just wrapped up too tightly but it looks juvenile to me.
Seems to be mostly christians getting upset about such things. Wouldn't be the first time either.

I hail from that neck of the woods, and I'm absolutely certain this is awesome news.

That neck of the woods is VERY narrow-minded and VERY much into tradition. That whole area of Wisconsin is a lot of elderly folks and LOTS of people are related to each other (thanks to HUGE farming families)--everyone knows someone's cousin, etc. Polish and German Catholicism is rampant.

That the museum is including ALL types of trees, allowing ALL types of people to celebrate the season is a HUGE leap forward for that culture. Applause all around :)

Social cons found something new to clutch their pearls and wet their pants over.

"WON'T SOMEBODY PLEEEEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN???"

And liberals are supposed to be the snowflakes?

Social cons found something new to clutch their pearls and wet their pants over.

"WON'T SOMEBODY PLEEEEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN???"

Except when children are being used as sex toys by republican politicians, priests and minsters. Then they blame it on drag queens and trans people.
And liberals are supposed to be the snowflakes?
Every accusation is a confession. Just as republicans claims about voter fraud.

Except when children are being used as sex toys by republican politicians, priests and minsters. Then they blame it on drag queens and trans people.

Every accusation is a confession. Just as republicans claims about voter fraud.
Social cons overwhelmingly and enthusiastically support and defend a pathological liar, serial adulterer, criminally indicted con artist who's been found liable for sexual assault.

But..."OMFG A DEVIL TREE IT'S THE END TIMES HIDE YO KIDZ HIDE YO WIFE"

🤣

Social cons overwhelmingly and enthusiastically support and defend a pathological liar, serial adulterer, criminally indicted con artist who's been found liable for sexual assault.

But..."OMFG A DEVIL TREE IT'S THE END TIMES HIDE YO KIDZ HIDE YO WIFE"

🤣
Christmas trees are a pagan custom. Christians should oppose them, and 95% of what we celebrate as Christmas is also pagan. The holiday itself is pagan because there is no evidence that Jesus was born in December, or even existed. It was an obvious way for the Christian hierarchy to cover up the Pagan celebration of Saturnalia or Yule by co-opting it and clamming it was the birth date of Jesus.

The same goes for Easter that is a pagan holiday of rebirth.

It's a cultural celebration, not a Christian celebration. Christmas, and especially the month before it, are about a lot of celebrations from different religions. It has become a fairly secular holiday in itself, but with it beginning in like October, there is no reason that others shouldn't be able to have fun and participate in the festivities, regardless of their beliefs.

It's not traditional for Satanists to participate in a Christian celebration. It's attention-seeking behaviour, at best.
Atheists and Agnostics (who make up the bulk of those in the Satanic Temple) as well as many from other religions have participated in Christmas celebrations for decades or longer.

Maybe some though need to learn the difference between the Satanic Temple and Satanists.

Isn't it funny how the news report on this and those complaining call the festival a Christmas Tree festival, despite the actual museum simply referring to it as a "Festival of Trees".

Now who's co-opting (wrongly) another groups festivities?

Want to also point out that many of the entries I've found have been organizations with no religious affiliation. I'm sure that several religious organizations and churches may have provided trees, but that doesn't appear to be the majority.

Turns out, some even admit that there are only a few sponsored by churches or religious organizations, yet still claim "our religion is being mocked". They also get the Satanic Temple is not Satanists thing wrong too, not understanding the point of the metaphor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom