• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Trump and Moscow Mitch do anything about gun control?

Actually back round checks are required only by FFL holders- and only with their factory purchased firearms. Define slightest blemish because that simply isn't true.

'PRIVATE' sales back round checks are not standard and seldom if ever done. As far as enforcing existing laws, I agree- expand the ATF auditors AND drop the crippling standards of investigation no other federal agency operates under and you may be on track....

The checks and crimes permitting, would depend on the state this is being done in.

He also called for outright gun confiscations, at the direct expense of due process. I don't believe your batter can remember which team he's on.

Red flag laws are not "outright gun confiscations". Red flag laws involve the judicial system making rulings in individual, specific cases. You know...due process.

What gun control laws have Dems in Congress proposed that would have prevented either of these shootings???

Oh at least a dozen could have. But you want guarantees which has never applied to any law they ever

and there are 30 round magazines for the MI carbine. And the prototype for both the BM 59 and the MI4 was a MI Garand that an enlisted man-serving in a tanker unit rigged to use a BAR 20 round magazine

My 30 round M1 Carbine magazines jam more than my 15 round mags, and yes, I do have the M2 style magazine catch. These mags mostly stay in my cabinet when I take the old girl out for plinking.

Back in the '90s I used to see ads for new 40 round aftermarket magazines, but I have never actually touched one. Once in a while you will see used ones come up for sale.

The checks and crimes permitting, would depend on the state this is being done in.

Komrade-

What is this dribble and quibble???

You make vague statements and then don't give examples or explain the hog wash you use.

Back round checks are NOT required in 'private sales', the ATF is hamstrung by a lack of manpower AND silly rules passed by congress...

I guess the country you post from doesn't post our back round check system on their interwebz- the back round check is managed by the feds- what 'slight blemishes' do they flag you for??? Never mind the states- what do the Feds flag you for???

Komrade- you have NO idea, you just threw crap out there hoping we wouldn't challenge you.... :peace

you demonstrate how little you understand about firearms with that silliness. You want to ban any firearm that accepts a magazine.

Well to be a bit more accurate, it would require the modification of the mag well on any firearm that can take a detachable magazine. The magazines would have to be of a new type or modified (if of legal capacity).

Not saying it would be fun, but am saying it is possible and would require a transition period.

As an aside, thank you for calling what I carried for a living back in my youth a firearm and not a 'gun'... :peace

So what are you gonna do? Are you going to be the good guy with a gun? Go around armed at all times. Ready to engage in gun battles with the mass murderers?

already stopped two break ins at gun point and shot one of two muggers who attempted to violently rob me.

Well to be a bit more accurate, it would require the modification of the mag well on any firearm that can take a detachable magazine. The magazines would have to be of a new type or modified (if of legal capacity).

Not saying it would be fun, but am saying it is possible and would require a transition period.

As an aside, thank you for calling what I carried for a living back in my youth a firearm and not a 'gun'... :peace

firearms that have a mag release like the old P-38 or some of the early Ruger Mark I or II pistols yes. Stuff like a MI Carbine or most PCC type carbines-just have to make a longer mag.

Red flag laws are not "outright gun confiscations". Red flag laws involve the judicial system making rulings in individual, specific cases. You know...due process.

Too bad the guy pushing for them has a history of not giving a **** about due process.

Too bad the guy pushing for them has a history of not giving a **** about due process.

You didn't watch the video, did you?

He clearly supports due process.

Taking the guns first objectively isn't due process.

Why not?

Is taking away your freedom of movement (arrest), taking away any possessions you have on your person (confiscation), and then...after a period of time...requiring you to appear before a judge a violation of "due process"?

Why not?

Is taking away your freedom of movement (arrest), taking away any possessions you have on your person (confiscation), and then...after a period of time...requiring you to appear before a judge a violation of "due process"?

You can't be arrested without being charged with a crime, and the police can't take your stuff without charges, either. Trump specifically is saying that he wants to confiscate private property before judicial review even occurs, on the basis of rumors and gossip.

If you really want to make the argument that this is in any way acceptable legislation, I'd prefer you go ahead and change your lean to "very liberal" first.

firearms that have a mag release like the old P-38 or some of the early Ruger Mark I or II pistols yes. Stuff like a MI Carbine or most PCC type carbines-just have to make a longer mag.

You didn't read my post... the weapons will have modified mags and wells. Make it so a large cap can't slide into the mag well. There will be issues, grandfathering and the like... this doesn't instantly reduce mass shootings, but Rome wasn't built in a day... :peace

You didn't read my post... the weapons will have modified mags and wells. Make it so a large cap can't slide into the mag well. There will be issues, grandfathering and the like... this doesn't instantly reduce mass shootings, but Rome wasn't built in a day... :peace

how do you do that-the SL-8 was modified so the military G36 double stack mags could not be used-so pro mag merely made a longer single stack mag

its clearly unconstitutional too.

You can't be arrested without being charged with a crime, and the police can't take your stuff without charges, either. Trump specifically is saying that he wants to confiscate private property before judicial review even occurs, on the basis of rumors and gossip.

If you really want to make the argument that this is in any way acceptable legislation, I'd prefer you go ahead and change your lean to "very liberal" first.

shrug...

I don't want any of this. I want the government to abide by the 2nd Amendment.

But we aren't talking about me. We are talking about Trump and what he said. Come on...try to focus, eh?

In any case, the operative phrase is "due process". That is whatever lawmakers decide it is. That's why we have Congress, right?

shrug...

I don't want any of this. I want the government to abide by the 2nd Amendment.

But we aren't talking about me. We are talking about Trump and what he said. Come on...try to focus, eh?

In any case, the operative phrase is "due process". That is whatever lawmakers decide it is. That's why we have Congress, right?

That's making the argument that this is acceptable legislation, Mycroft. Have more of a spine, it's sickening to watch you roll over and say that constitutional rights mean whatever the legislators say it does.

That's making the argument that this is acceptable legislation, Mycroft. Have more of a spine, it's sickening to watch you roll over and say that constitutional rights mean whatever the legislators say it does.

No. I'm making the argument that Trump and Congress will do what they want.

I've already said that it's not acceptable to me.

Please stop making **** up about me. Your spin is also unacceptable.

I hope not.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

No. I'm making the argument that Trump and Congress will do what they want.

I've already said that it's not acceptable to me.

Please stop making **** up about me. Your spin is also unacceptable.

I've been watching you argue for half a decade, and in the entire time I've been on this forum with you, I've never seen you bow down to gun grabbing liberalism like this. If this were anyone else, at any time, you would have fought your case in favor of protecting our 2A rights, but now you're bending knee to someone who wants to redefine due process to make his literal gun grabbing plan work.

You've been cucked, Mycroft.

It won't reduce mass shootings, at all.

Yes. They will insure the least amount of anything gets done.

It's not a gun control issue. It's not a mental health issue. It's a culture of violence issue. And it won't be solved in one or several generations. You all just have to find ways to live with it.

The only solution is self-defense. The more fools who wind up in a body bag, the fewer fools there'll be to commit crimes and it will cause wouldbe fools to think twice before they pull some ****.

Right after the two shootings in El Paso and Dayton we heard Trump say he would do something about gun control, mainly about background checks. Now he seems to be saying that after talking to the NRA we have enough background checks and it is all about mental illness. That does sound like the NRA's talking points. And McConnell has held up several bills that passed in the House concerning universal background checks. None of those yet have seen the light of day. So will either of the two ever do anything about the gun violence?

No.

I predicted two weeks ago that Trump would make noises about gun regulation, and that he would eventually try to take all sides of the issue, before siding with the NRA and doing nothing, a course of action that Moscow Mitch declared up front.

TRump always tried to take every side of issues, before trying to jump in front of the winning side.

No.

I predicted two weeks ago that Trump would make noises about gun regulation, and that he would eventually try to take all sides of the issue, before siding with the NRA and doing nothing, a course of action that Moscow Mitch declared up front.

TRump always tried to take every side of issues, before trying to jump in front of the winning side.

Trump is correct to blow off the anti gun side. Making the data base better is a good idea. Prosecuting those who lie on Form 4473 is a good idea-as is busting those who knowingly supply firearms to felons or fugitives. But the anti gun movement wants far more and actually balks at enforcing laws that incarcerate actual criminals

nothing is more dishonest in American politics than the gun control movement. It is permeated by lies. It is based on a lie that those who push and advocate gun control actually care about stoping crime. It is a lie to pretend that laws that only reduce the rights of honest Americans will impact people wo already commit felony level violent crimes. And on top of that, most of those who push for these laws, haven't a clue about the firearms they seek to ban-so they lie and smear those firearms with all sorts of dishonest descriptions.

Back
Top Bottom