• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will the Repub Health Care Plan pass the house

Will the Repub Health Care Plan pass the house?

• Total voters
It does have a couple things to blast. For one, tossing in a 30% penalty after 62 days of non-insurance is just a milder mandate then obamacare, especially considering that the bill in it's present form does nothing to lower the cost of healthcare. If we do not blast it now, the ending bill that is voted on will look just as it does now.

That I had not heard, yeah this house bill needs serious work, I was of the understanding all the tax penalties were gone, not so I quess.

Hopefully after it is fixed.

As is? No.

If it DOES pass as is I will FLEE to canada and hang out with the celebrities.

Rosie O’Donnell
Eddie Griffin
Cher
Samuel L. Jackson
Barry Diller
Katie Hopkins
George Lopez
Jon Stewart
Al Sharpton
Miley Cyrus
Whoopi Goldberg
Lena Dunham
Omari Hardwick

Oh wait....nevermind. Nobody moved. What a bunch of blowhards.

You know what did happen though?

Homeland chief: Illegal border crossings dip 40%

"The nation's Homeland Security chief said late Wednesday that illegal crossings at the U.S. southern border have seen "an unprecedented decline in traffic" that he says coincide with the president's new executive orders focusing on immigration laws.

Secretary of Homeland Security John F. Kelly said the drop -- as measured by arrests and people halted from entering the country at the border -- is around 40% for the first two months of the year. Typically, January and February are busy months for illegal border crossings."

Come to the door and be greeted like a human being. No more drug traffic and rape trees.

I hope everyone will get something out of the American Healthcare Act. I doubt everyone will get everything they want. Removing an entitlement program is very very difficult which is why they rammed it through without looking at it in the first place. Thanks Arlen Spector.

That tax penalty is applicable if say....you have no insurance and you develop something really bad. You buy the insurance and take care of it. Then you quit the insurance after the issue is resolved.

Its kind of an anti scam the system clause. I am not for it but thats what it is and it is not unreasonable to see why it is in place given human nature.

Last edited:
Do we get to see it before it is voted on? I have been busy lately so I have not even looked into it yet. It would be nice for We the People to know what we are getting before it becomes law. This would be a nice change from the last health care plan that got shoved down our throats before we even knew what we were getting. Hopefully this plan will not fine, tax, or punish people who cannot afford insurance.

Stupid post. Obamacare was debated for months. Falling for a sound-byte is dumb.

So you'll be changing your name will you? :lamo

Whenever I do, it might be ObamacareImploded.:2rofll:

Obamacare is headed off a cliff has only a limited amount of time left. Single payer is out. And common sense could kick in before the Rinocare bill is voted on.

Last edited:
That I had not heard, yeah this house bill needs serious work, I was of the understanding all the tax penalties were gone, not so I quess.

And it still has that ridiculous one size fits all approach to it.

Will the Repub Health Care Plan pass the house?
Yes
No
Other Pls explain

I HOPE the GOP Passes their Healthcare Plan Exactly the way it is Now ... :good_job:

Hopefully after it is fixed.

As is? No.

If it DOES pass as is I will FLEE to canada and hang out with the celebrities.

Rosie O’Donnell
Eddie Griffin
Cher
Samuel L. Jackson
Barry Diller
Katie Hopkins
George Lopez
Jon Stewart
Al Sharpton
Miley Cyrus
Whoopi Goldberg
Lena Dunham
Omari Hardwick

Oh wait....nevermind. Nobody moved. What a bunch of blowhards.

You know what did happen though?

Homeland chief: Illegal border crossings dip 40%

"The nation's Homeland Security chief said late Wednesday that illegal crossings at the U.S. southern border have seen "an unprecedented decline in traffic" that he says coincide with the president's new executive orders focusing on immigration laws.

Secretary of Homeland Security John F. Kelly said the drop -- as measured by arrests and people halted from entering the country at the border -- is around 40% for the first two months of the year. Typically, January and February are busy months for illegal border crossings."

Come to the door and be greeted like a human being. No more drug traffic and rape trees.

I hope everyone will get something out of the American Healthcare Act. I doubt everyone will get everything they want. Removing an entitlement program is very very difficult which is why they rammed it through without looking at it in the first place. Thanks Arlen Spector.

That tax penalty is applicable if say....you have no insurance and you develop something really bad. You buy the insurance and take care of it. Then you quit the insurance after the issue is resolved.

Its kind of an anti scam the system clause. I am not for it but thats what it is and it is not unreasonable to see why it is in place given human nature.

The problem is that it still reeks of "mandate". The Health Insurance companies will still have a captive customer base. Not everyone who passes on buying insurance is gaming the system. Some simply cannot afford premiums higher then their home mortgage payments. A 30% monthly fee on top of exorbitant rates is not going to help them.

I'd almost be willing to openly bet money this Bill won't pass due to Republican revolt.

And you're going to follow Obamacare over the cliff.

The left has already followed obamacare over the cliff. Last count, they have lost over 1200 seats in national and state elections by worshipping at the alter of obamacare since 2010.

Watch out what you wish for.

And to think GOP President Theodore Roosevelt was the first to push for National Health Care.

Please take away ACA from trump's 30 states and replace it with trumpscare .

Last edited:
It's the fastest way to get rid of Trump Supporters and we know he needs every single one.

Trump supporters are not going to ditch him over this. They could ditch the establishment republicans in 2018 if the bill is still in it's present form when it ends up on Trump's desk. But then I had already ditched them. In 2016, I voted for Trump and Pence and skipped the rest. However I seriously doubt that the bill will remain as it is. At some point, the RINOs will start thinking about the 2018 midterms.

Stupid post. Obamacare was debated for months. Falling for a sound-byte is dumb.

Actually virtually all of the democrats in the lead up to voting on Obamacare admitted that they had never actually read the bill. And they had some holdouts who had to be bribed with earmarks for their district to get the P.O.S. bill passed even under reconciliation.

The left has already followed obamacare over the cliff. Last count, they have lost over 1200 seats in national and state elections by worshipping at the alter of obamacare since 2010.

That number 1,200 seems to keep growing from GOPosters. :lamo

The key numbers are 27 GOP governors in 2018, 50 state legislatures, 25 DEM Senators, 9 GOP Senators, 237 GOP Reps, 193 DEM Reps, 5 vacancies.

trump voters in Kentucky didn't realize that Obamacare was ACA was KYNECT which they love. They will in 20 months, along with the millions of trump voters who lose their insurance .

Trump supporters are not going to ditch him over this. They could ditch the establishment republicans in 2018 if the bill is still in it's present form when it ends up on Trump's desk. But then I had already ditched them. In 2016, I voted for Trump and Pence and skipped the rest. However I seriously doubt that the bill will remain as it is. At some point, the RINOs will start thinking about the 2018 midterms.

There is no difference between trump and establishment republicans, as we see with Gorsuch.

trump is all in with Ryan on trumpcare .

Actually virtually all of the democrats in the lead up to voting on Obamacare admitted that they had never actually read the bill. And they had some holdouts who had to be bribed with earmarks for their district to get the P.O.S. bill passed even under reconciliation.

Still stupid. It was drafted and debated in committee. There were months and months of lead-up. I don't doubt that most of them didn't read it word for word. That's pretty standard. They have staffers who do that. They knew what they were voting for.

Why is your GOP house ramming the REPEAL without knowing the cost, the CBO being the holy grail of the GOP ?

Because it's reported that under the bill's current form, approximately 15 million people will lose their health care. Even though Trump and non tea-party GOP are doing everything they can to discredit the CBO even before their analysis is complete, they'd rather not have the information "out there" before they ramrod though the bill.

I am actually leaning towards single payer. First it would take all the billionaires and millionaires out of the loop. That could equate to over a trillion dollars towards actual health care instead of private jets and multi-million dollar bonuses. Then you would have to offer the same health care to everyone. This way we all have platinum health care or nobody does. I am tired of looking for affordable health care. I cannot afford platinum health care while I am forced to pay for platinum health care for government employees.

The only draw back is the government would be in charge of my health care. A truly horrifying thought.

Just look at the lines at any government agency and the speed at which your phone call is answered or returned. I called unemployment last month. I redialed the number for over a half hour before I got an automated message. Then the phone rang for 2 hours before I got disconnected. I tried a couple of more times but never got someone on the phone. I couldn't imagine trying to call them when things were busy back in 2009. Hell most people would die before they could get through to someone to make an appointment.

I would have had to start calling when I was 19 to schedule a colonoscopy.

Still stupid. It was drafted and debated in committee. There were months and months of lead-up. I don't doubt that most of them didn't read it word for word. That's pretty standard. They have staffers who do that. They knew what they were voting for.

That bimbo Nancy Pelosi obviously did not know what was in it.

Back
Top Bottom