• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why shouldn't capitalism be better regulated?

2010 means read about the history when you were alive, too. It was easy to follow the news back in Johnson's times, they just reported it.

My guess is you brought up Wilson because of the federal reserve that Republicans started and later blamed on the Democrats. Wilson had a stroke towards the end of his Presidency and except for WWI involvement, it isn't like much was done back then.

I bring up Wilson because he was the founding father Modern Day Progressive Liberalism. He was also the most vile racist man to ever be President of the US.

If I had a time machine I would not go back and kill Hitler I would kill Wilson. Because without Wilson, Hitler would never have been able to come to power. Wilson nefariously got the US into WW1. Without that, WW1 most likely would have ended in at least a quasi stalemate. That would not have been a bad thing since the Germans of WW1 were not the Nazis of WW2. Morally they were no different than the English or French.

By 1910 the KKK was extinct. Wilson displayed the first motion picture shown in the White House, it was called "Birth of a Nation". It was a motivating almost Rocky style movie that made the KKK out to be hero's. News of this went viral and KKK chapters were started all over the US.

Aside from original Slavery every racist government policy came from Democrats, since the time of Wilson they came from Progressive Liberal Democrats.

About 60 years ago Leftist Democrats figured out that traditional White Supremacists Racism no longer worked as a political strategy so they started exploiting racism from the opposite direction, replacing traditional racism with racial identity politics, and replacing the KKK with race baiting poverty pimps like Al Sharpton.

"I'm a tariff man."
- Donald Trump

so???? he's negotiating in public with China!! Notice how a liberal cant say how he he would persuade China to lower or eliminate their tariffs.

About 60 years ago Leftist Democrats figured out that traditional White Supremacists Racism no longer worked as a political strategy so they started exploiting racism from the opposite direction, replacing traditional racism with racial identity politics, and replacing the KKK with race baiting poverty pimps like Al Sharpton.

Insane gibberish! Blacks were Republicans after Civil War because Lincoln was Republican. Then, Republicans became libertarian and so opposed federal welfare and social engineering while Democrats embraced them. This turned blacks into Democrats and racists into Republicans since blacks wanted welfare and racists could use Republican libertarianism as a rationale to deny welfare. Now you've got the history straight!

It's not about quantity at all, it's about the quality of the regulation.
It's about what that regulation is supposed to help accomplish.

Turns out HItler Stalin Mao FDR and Obama were not good regulators. This is why our genius
Founders gave us freedom from federal monopolist regulators. Now do you understand the essential American principle?

Sometimes as a liberal it is difficult for me to agree with Goldwater on some issues.

?????????Yes since Goldwater was very very conservative!! 1+1=2. Still waiting for you to say one intelligent thing in support of liberalism.

Insane gibberish! Blacks were Republicans after Civil War because Lincoln was Republican. Then, Republicans became libertarian and so opposed federal welfare and social engineering while Democrats embraced them. This turned blacks into Democrats and racists into Republicans since blacks wanted welfare and racists could use Republican libertarianism as a rationale to deny welfare. Now you've got the history straight!

Yep, the pandering, propaganda, and free welfare stuff worked and for the last 60 years African Americans have been a voting block for Dems. LBJ: "I'll have those Ni***rs voting Democrat for the Next 200 years". He said that to other Dem politicians to get their support for new welfare programs.

Republicans who have always tried to treat everyone the same could not compete.

Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams both African American PHD's; have concluded that the welfare state and other Democrat policies have done more to weaken and destroy the Black community than had Jim Crow, Segregation and maybe even slavery itself.

Democrats have come to depend on the Black vote. Without 90% of it they can never win a national election.

Trump has just improved their unemployment to the lowest point in US history and some polls have him at 30% Black approval. That is why Dems are desperately trying to replace Blacks with Illegal Aliens.

As we can see from this thread, it is difficult to have an honest conversation about regulating capitalism without having to wade through the BS of right wing buzzwords and propaganda and illogical arguments based on complete falsehoods, all of which they’ve been spoon fed since the nineties by Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, and Sean dip**** Hannity, somehow the biggest coward of them all.

right wing buzzwords and propaganda and illogical arguments based on complete falsehoods,

Why is the liberal so afraid to give us his best example of this?? What do we learn from his liberal fear?

Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams both African American PHD's; have concluded that the welfare state and other Democrat policies have done more to weaken and destroy the Black community than had Jim Crow, Segregation and maybe even slavery itself.

"The black family survived centuries of slavery and generations of Jim Crow, but it has disintegrated in the wake of the liberals' expansion of the welfare state.
Read more at"- Thomas Sowell

all of which they’ve been spoon fed since the nineties by Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, and Sean dip**** Hannity, somehow the biggest coward of them all.

Actually Jefferson was the first Republican. He was for freedom from liberal govt and so is Fox Rush Sean etc. Let's welcome the liberal to his first lesson on the basic principles of our country!

I just ignore the real crazies. Life is easier.

especially when you don't have the ability to respond substantively to them. Ever see a conservative have to run from a debate? What does that teach you?

especially when you don't have the ability to respond substantively to them. Ever see a conservative have to run from a debate? What does that teach you?

In fairness, you don't run per se; you just dodge debates and think you make a point by repeating the same nonsense over and over. What does that teach you?

Capitalism run amok has not helped this country, it has hurt it. The stark inequality of wealth is but one of many indicators.

That alone is cause for reasonable regulation of capitalism.

Because them it wouldn't be capitalism, runt.

No one, anywhere in the world, at any point in history, has ever been able to make unregulated capitalism work.

true, but the less regulation of free trade the more prosperity. Look at Cuba/Florida, East/West Germany etc. Do you understand?

you just dodge debates

conservatism is 2500 years old. It dodges nothing. If it does why is the liberal so afraid to show us his best example. what does the liberal learn from his fear?

conservatism is 2500 years old. It dodges nothing. If it does why is the liberal so afraid to show us his best example. what does the liberal learn from his fear?

link?

link??

( this is a liberals idea of debating)

liberal's* ( possessive ) If you're not going to meet your Burden of Proof, at least try to use proper English. thanks...

oh no it is you that has not met his burden of proof

( this is a liberals idea of debate)

For what positive claim did I not meet my Burden of Proof ? ( post# and claim, please )....I'll wait......tick tock.....tick tock....tick tock...

For what positive claim did I not meet my Burden of Proof ?

burden of proof is highly subjective yet you imagine a link will establish proof.

(dualing links is a liberals idea of debating)

Back
Top Bottom