• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why is the left so easily capable of ignoring facts in order to push their narrative?

You have two false narratives in this post alone.
1) Black Lives Movement is organized around a false narrative. False: The only numbers we have show black people are 2.5 times more likely to be shot than white. And an unarmed black person is seven times more likely to be shot than an unarmed white person...However, it only gets worst as the percentage of black people in prison compared to white is a complete tragedy.
2) There are stacks of evidence that show immigrants do indeed commit fewer crimes....

Here are more conservative false narratives...Why do Republicans believe so many false narratives?l

I can produce facts that immigrants commit more crime than American citizens. You cannot.

Oooo...lol.

What is Trump up to, 3000 plus lies so far? Then again, that count is a month or two out of date so he is probably pushing 3500 or so lies now. He is well on tract to tell more lies as president than all of his predecessors combined.

What is Trump up to, 3000 plus lies so far? Then again, that count is a month or two out of date so he is probably pushing 3500 or so lies now. He is well on tract to tell more lies as president than all of his predecessors combined.

They weren't big ones like under barrycare, "the average family will save $2500 a year on insurance" or "you can keep your doctor". Let me know when there's a lie of that magnitude.

In absolute numbers, more white people are killed by police in the US. But it's fact that Blacks are more likely to be killed by police -- their population numbers are much lower. That's a fact.

Yes, just like that they are more likely to be involved in crime, is a fact. However, it is only my fact which gets called racist by some. Facts are facts. They have no bias. They simply are.

They weren't big ones like under barrycare, "the average family will save $2500 a year on insurance" or "you can keep your doctor". Let me know when there's a lie of that magnitude.

Right and "I'm not a king" in explaining why he couldn't provide amnesty to dreamers and then doing it anyway.

Trump claimed his tax cuts would benefit the poor and lower middle class more than anyone else. Not true. He claimed he would pay more as a result of his tax cuts. Not true at all, he will pay far less. He claimed that that North Korea is no longer a nuclear threat. Not true at all.

You have to be pretty gullible to think that a pathological liar, that tells multiple lies every day, would not lie about anything big.

False narrative; from the right? Let's talk immigration:

We don't have an immigration problem that requires a 20 Trillion dollar wall to solve. <--period

The Right would bankrupt our Country to keep people from coming here to wash our cloths, harvest and cook our food, clean our houses and hotels and generally do **** we don't want to even though we are at full employment.

It's not 20 trillion to build the great southern wall it's 25 billion.

America has a huge immigration problem. Why do some think we need those from foreign lands to lend a hand over here.
The USA become the greatest economic & military power in the world far before the globalistic 'Age of Diversity'.

'The 1965 act brought in the poorest of the poor from around the globe. Non-English-speaking peasants from wildly
backward cultures could be counted on to be dependent on government assistance for generations to come continuing
up to today' Trump is making a stand to counter this law which put America in the position to become a boarding house for 3rd worlders.

The most destructive lies ever witnessed in this country were uttered by Ted Kennedy on the Senate floor in 1965.

Ever since Ted Kennedy discovered that you could import democrat votes, the country started the long slide
down to 3rd world standards. After all, why work for your votes when you can get them by edict. Donald Trump
hits the first 6-run Homer in Baseball history by bringing this issue to the forefront.

Common sense is not hate speech, and realism is not racism.

Last edited:
From the black lives matter movement to illegal immigration, there is so much proof that their narrative is false, yet, they keep pushing them, calling those who point it out "racists" bigots", "xenophobes", etc?

The right does the same.

Why is the left so easily capable of ignoring facts in order to push their narrative? From the black lives matter movement to illegal immigration, there is so much proof that their narrative is false, yet, they keep pushing them, calling those who point it out "racists" bigots", "xenophobes", etc?

For the same reason the Mafia do. Essentially it starts in school. A kid wants your lunch, so he takes it. He takes pocket money. He steals. He feels that others should give him what he wants. He’s a bully. He meets others like himself, and they go around helping themselves. They get into trouble, they gain a bad reputation. When they see a handout they take it. When they are older and can vote, are they going to vote for the Party that would take away handouts and tighten up law and order, and make prison sentences longer, or the Party that will increase handouts, let law and order go to hell and make prison sentences shorter? Obviously they support the latter and enjoy the handouts etc. Some become criminals. Some join the Mafia. Did you ever see crims or Mafioso agreeing with cops and prosecutors?

Prosecutor: Okay Mugsy, why did you murder the shopkeeper?
Mugsy: Wasn’t me.
Prosecutor: We have video footage of you shooting him.
Mugsy: Nope. Not me.
Prosecutor: We have five witnesses who saw you do it.
Mugsy: Nope; they’re lyin’.
Prosecutor: We have your fingerprints on the gun.
Mugsy: It was planted. I’m being framed.
Prosecutor: His blood splatter was on your shirt.
Mugsy: Planted.
Prosecutor: Don’t you have any remorse for your actions?
Mugsy: Dindoonuffin. Why should I have remorse?
Prosecutor: The video shows you trying to get him to pay collection money for the Mob.
Mugsy: Nope. What Mob?
Prosecutor: The Mafia. You work for them, right?
Mugsy: Never hoid of ‘em.
Prosecutor: Never heard of them? You’ve been working with them for years.
Mugsy: Nope. I’m a pizza shop owner.
Prosecutor: That’s a front and you know it.
Mugsy: Nope. No way.
Prosecutor: Why are you so easily capable of ignoring facts?
Mugsy: Prove it.
Prosecutor: Where were you on election day?
Mugsy: Votin fer Hillary Clinton. She’s okay, that dame.
Prosecutor: I give up, your Honor. That’s all I have.

The same reason the right is so easily capable of ignoring facts in order to push their narrative - People don't want to be proven wrong, even if they are. It doesn't matter what their views are.

The same reason the right is so easily capable of ignoring facts in order to push their narrative - People don't want to be proven wrong, even if they are. It doesn't matter what their views are.

Bzzzt. Wrong. That is not how most conservatives operate. You might be right in terms of a couple of subjects, but in general they listen to opposition arguments and debate them in a civil fashion.

From the black lives matter movement to illegal immigration, there is so much proof that their narrative is false, yet, they keep pushing them, calling those who point it out "racists" bigots", "xenophobes", etc?

This happens because the Left is all about Humanitarism not facts.
The right is about Ethnocentralisim.

The Black Pigeon made a great vid about this youtube. Want to check it out?

T

Yes you are right.
Also many subjects are being censored by society .. Many things we can't say because of people censoring facts.
Especially any facts about race issues.

Bzzzt. Wrong. That is not how most conservatives operate. You might be right in terms of a couple of subjects, but in general they listen to opposition arguments and debate them in a civil fashion.

I have seen plenty of conservatives waste time with rhetoric about "libtards" and "liberalism = mental illness" and "democrats are literally ****ing stalin". I can go on Twitter and find tons of posts of that nature with ease through the search function.

You are, however, correct that most conservatives do not operate that way, much like most liberals do not operate that way. Both sides generally consist of mostly normal people and a smaller, yet very loudly obnoxious, group within them that gives the rest a bad name.

Trump claimed his tax cuts would benefit the poor and lower middle class more than anyone else. Not true. He claimed he would pay more as a result of his tax cuts. Not true at all, he will pay far less. He claimed that that North Korea is no longer a nuclear threat. Not true at all.

You have to be pretty gullible to think that a pathological liar, that tells multiple lies every day, would not lie about anything big.

These things are recent and haven’t unfolded fully as of yet. We all know that insurance prices went up dramatically under barrycare, that hundreds of thousands on actual rate payers lost their doctors and their coverage and that copays made access to healthcare unaffordable,

This happens because the Left is all about Humanitarism not facts.
The right is about Ethnocentralisim.

The Black Pigeon made a great vid about this youtube. Want to check it out?

T

Supporting the murder of millions of innocents through abortion is not very humane.

I have seen plenty of conservatives waste time with rhetoric about "libtards" and "liberalism = mental illness" and "democrats are literally ****ing stalin". I can go on Twitter and find tons of posts of that nature with ease through the search function.

You are, however, correct that most conservatives do not operate that way, much like most liberals do not operate that way. Both sides generally consist of mostly normal people and a smaller, yet very loudly obnoxious, group within them that gives the rest a bad name.

From my experience the loud, obnoxious group is much worse on the Left. Yes, the right has them, but the Left has far more, so it’s about quantity. Also, it’s about issues. If you push things like religion, guns, drugs and abortion aside, and concentrate on jobs, the economy, education and immigration, the Left are way out near the moon with their left winged nonsense. On those subjects the right is much more reasonable and sensible.

Post a link to a thread on this forum in which what you describe, actually occurs. The challenge for posters of the right extreme, which in comparison to the first 3/4 of the 20th century tends to be anyone who thinks of themselves as center right, IOW, as reasonable, is posting links supporting what they think supports debate, "in a civil fashion." In the rare examples in which these so called civil debaters post supporting links, they are to web pages simply out of this world, the world outside the alternate universe inhabited by the extreme right POV. The web pages reasonable people frequent are considered verboten by right of center forum posters.

The only link posted by a right wing extremist, so far in this thread extolling right wing extremist truth telling was posted by the right wing extremist author of this thread.
If a poster does not wish to be described (dismissed) as an extremist, a link such as in this example would only ever be presented out of desperation!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Wire#False_stories
….
False stories[edit]
According to Snopes, "DailyWire.com has a tendency to share stories that are taken out of context or not verified."[11] Among the falsehoods published on the Daily Wire include “leftists” digging up Confederate graves, Democratic congresspeople refusing to stand for a fallen Navy SEAL’s widow, and Harvard University holding segregated commencement ceremonies.[11]
FactCheck.Org found that the Daily Wire was the source of a false story which credited Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson with finding over $500 billion in accounting errors made by the Obama administration. FactCheck.org found that the errors were discovered and published by HUD's independent inspector general before Carson became secretary.[12]
The Daily Wire has published a number of articles which cast doubt that climate change is occurring and that humans contribute to climate change. Experts have described the articles as inaccurate and misleading.[13][14][15][non-primary source needed]

So...close to half the posts appearing in this forum are authored by posters with no pretense of thinking or debating, or supporting their posts reasonably, by posting links to non-right wing
extremist web pages. The most prominent impression on reasonable readers is that these extremists are quite comfortable with their own discernment as to what is and is not reasonable, or they are actually aware and choose to impersonate FoS trolls.

Here is the profile provided by the author of the only linked page provided so far by any right wing extremist participating in this thread.:
https://www.dailywire.com/authors/aaron-bandler
Aaron Bandler is a staff writer for The Daily Wire. He is a graduate from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo with a Journalism degree and an Economics minor, and has previously written for Townhall.com, The Daily Caller, and the Santa Barbara News-Press. Aaron also has experience on the radio, having worked for the Armstrong Williams Show and KVEC Morning News with King Harris.
Twitter: @bandlersbanter

Last edited:
Yes, just like that they are more likely to be involved in crime, is a fact. However, it is only my fact which gets called racist by some. Facts are facts. They have no bias. They simply are.

Are you okay with that? Okay with the police "jumping the gun" when it comes to dealing with black suspects? Because not all black suspects have committed crimes but it seems some are victims of police brutality.

We’ll let you know as soon as Donald tells us what those unbelievable things were that his “top people” were finding it on Obama’s real birth certificate. He said we weren’t going to believe it! I am waiting with bated breath and can’t wait!

I am also waiting for all those videos of Muslims cheering on NJ rooftops on 9/11. It must have been quite the sight Donald witnessed that day!

The Laffer curve bull**** is my favorite.

Supply side economics works. But that's beside the point...I will ALWAYS vote for the party which allows people to keep more of their own money.

Supply side economics works. But that's beside the point...I will ALWAYS vote for the party which allows people to keep more of their own money.

There are very few things that economists are sure about. It’s a messy and complicated science. But over the last few decades, the fact that Reaganomics, or trickle down theory, or whatever else you want to call it, does not work is one of those things. You don’t have to take my word for it. Just go find any random one, liberal or conservative, and just ask them.

You might as well still think that the Earth is only 6000 years old or that climate change is just a Chinese hoax or something.

Oh wait, I am sorry....

Back
Top Bottom