• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why do almost all atheists vote democrat?

Breaking laws is against the law. It doesn't force anyone to support anything.
The to conform to laws they already agreed to.

The bible opposes wearing of fabric that is mixed. And the baker, unless he weaves his/her own clothes, is already violating things the bible opposes. And I'm sure many many other oppositions as well.

And Muslims outlaw homosexuality. What human laws do you suggest should take precedence over God's laws?

And baking a cake is not a sin. I can't believe you need to be told this over and over and over.
Have a good life. This is nothing but beating a dead horse for the 1000th time.

The baker in question had earlier baked cakes for the same homosexual she later refused to bake a cake for. What changed? The sodomite wanted her to write something or put something on the cake which she could not in good conscience do. As long as the sodomite does not demand the Christian cross certain faith thresh holds then baking cakes for homosexuals should not be a problem.

Do you see her as Saint Hillary of the Pure from Sin?

No. She is no saint, and no sinner. Just a regular person who has had some problems, and successes, with her marriage and parts of her personal life, like the rest of us. Her work experience made her highly qualified for the job she was seeking. I just wasn't sure why you were saying she is more sinful than Trump.

Because Trump is the very incarnation of the seven deadly sins. You said you voted for him because she was so much worse. How?

How do you live with your conscience? Jesus is face palming himself. I am pretty sure at this point, no matter how many times you tell him "I may be a sinner but I believe!" he isn't going to let you in through those pearly gates. Such aggressive and deliberate support of sin, hate, greed, judgment of others, and selfishness is really not acceptable. I am sure they have SOME standards up there.

Last edited:
And Muslims outlaw homosexuality. What human laws do you suggest should take precedence over God's laws?

How about just letting women speak in churches?

"Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church."
-1 Corinthians 14:34-35

Fine. Some states have outlawed same sex marriage. Some states crafted new laws allowing same sex marriage. There is no law mandating that Christians in business cater to radical homosexuals who wish to make an example of them if they do not cast their faith aside and accept Sodomy as normal.

In some states there are. It is illegal in some states to discriminate anyone based on race, sex, gender, sex orientation, perhaps age.
The baker you question, discriminated against 1 or more of those groups in a state that said it's illegal. He broke the contract he made with the state.

In our secular society, all human laws take precedence over any gods laws.

In some states there are. It is illegal in some states to discriminate anyone based on race, sex, gender, sex orientation, perhaps age.
The baker you question, discriminated against 1 or more of those groups in a state that said it's illegal. He broke the contract he made with the state.

Radical sodomites discriminate against Christians and blame the Christians for the discrimination. To hell with that nonsense.

Radical sodomites discriminate against Christians and blame the Christians for the discrimination. To hell with that nonsense.

How? Have they refused to bake a cake for them? LOL.

That may be true for unbelievers, but not for godly Christians.

I have never seen a godly christinan support tRUMP. He's likely the devil itself. If there is such a being.

I have never seen a godly christinan support tRUMP. He's likely the devil itself. If there is such a being.

You do a lot of talking about the God you seem ignorant of.

All secualr laws take precedence because your god only exists in myth, just like every other religious deity.

All secualr laws take precedence because your god only exists in myth, just like every other religious deity.

Nevertheless I will continue to exercise my Constitutional right to believe and obey God without government interference until such time the democrats finally crush that right by law or by court decree.

Originally Posted by dairyair

Maybe simply because dairyair's God is more compassionate and understanding than the one you worship.

Then there is the argument against homosexual persons (LGBT) that you believe; an argument based on the rather poor translation from archaic Greek to 17th century English that is found in the King James Version of the Bible. Homosexuality is not mentioned in ten of the thirteen letters attributed to Paul. It is only in Romans 1:26–27, 1 Corinthians 6:9–10, and 1 Timothy 1:8–11 that there may be references to homosexuality; "may be references" simply because the two words have been translated in that way.

The Greek words on which much of the evangelical attack on gays is based are malakoi and arsenokoitai. Malakoi is an adjective that means “soft,” as in a “soft” bed or a “soft” pillow. Arsenokoitai is a compound word formed by merging arsen (male) and koite which means "bed".

LOL. You support the devil tRUMP and you think that is godly. I think you might be ignorant of some god you claim to believe in.
I know quite a bit about this god from the Bible.

Do you know per the bible, you can't wear clothes of mixed fabric. Afterall, you are claiming OT laws to justify your hatred of gays.

Nevertheless I will continue to exercise my Constitutional right to believe and obey God without government interference until such time the democrats finally crush that right by law or by court decree.

Your right to believe will never be crushed. That is a myth you have swallowed. The constution protects your rights, just like it protects the rights of certain class of people from being discriminated against.

But when one makes some religious claim and then does and supports things that one claims to be against. No one really takes that person serious. For they come off as hypocrites.

The baker in question had earlier baked cakes for the same homosexual she later refused to bake a cake for. What changed? The sodomite wanted her to write something or put something on the cake which she could not in good conscience do. As long as the sodomite does not demand the Christian cross certain faith thresh holds then baking cakes for homosexuals should not be a problem.

Link?

There are two religious clauses in the First Amendment of the Bill of Rights. The Establishment Clause and the Free exercise clause. The Establishment clause creates a secular government(separation of church and state) that does not and cannot enforce religious belief or support religious belief over non-belief as secular civil or criminal law. This prevents any form of sharia/Mosaic law from ever happening. You cannot have equal religious and secular freedom for all people of the government is enforcing the religious beliefs of one religious sector or group.
The second's clause is the free exercise clause that protects the right of the people to believe and worship as they choose. This religious right only applies to that person and stops at the end of their nose where the equal religious rights of others to worship and believe begin.

Nobody ever suggested otherwise, so why are you bringing up the Free Exercise clause? The Democrats have never suggested removing that same clause because it protects the religious beliefs of everyone, including us nasty amoral secular Humanists and our atheist friends.

Christians seem to want to discriminate and seem to have no qualms about taking full credit for it. They do it with pride. Seems to me that's even worse.

That's fine, as long as you keep it out of the public realm, just like the founding fathers of this country intended.

I dare you to name a single instance where Christians have been discriminated against in the US?

There are far more heterosexual people engaging in sodomy than LGBT people.

That's fine, as long as you keep it out of the public realm, just like the founding fathers of this country intended.

No, that's not what they intended.

What was Hillary’s sin?

The only things I can think of is that her husband cheated on her and she chose to stay with him, or maybe that she used a private computer for some personal correspondence while secretary of state.

Do you think that’s even remotely on the same level as what we’re dealing here with Trump?

Hillary got a free pass from Comey. But the AG is still investigating and her day may well come.

What you may have forgotten about the Hillary Clinton email controversy - CBS News

Yes, it is what they intended. Religious is to be a private matter. This is why we have the Establishment Clause in the First Amendment of the Bill of Rights.

Read Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists, his Virginia state of religious freedom and Madison's Memorial and remonstrance against religious assessments.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.

The founding fathers did not intend for religion to be kept out of the public realm?

Let's hear it from them directly:

"The purpose of separation of church and state is to keep forever from these shores the ceaseless strife that has soaked the soil of Europe in blood for centuries."
-James Madison

"During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What have been its fruits? More or less in all places, pride and indolence in the Clergy, ignorance and servility in the laity, in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution...What influence in fact have ecclesiastical establishments had on Civil Society? In some instances they have been seen to erect a spiritual tyranny on the ruins of the Civil authority; in many instances they have been seen upholding the thrones of political tyranny: in no instance have they been seen the guardians of the liberties of the people. Rulers who wished to subvert the public liberty, may have found an established Clergy convenient auxiliaries. A just Government instituted to secure & perpetuate it needs them not."
-James Madison

"It was the Universal opinion of the Century preceding the last, that Civil Government could not stand without the prop of a religious establishment; and that the Christian religion itself, would perish if not supported by the legal provision for its clergy. The experience of Virginia conspicuously corroborates the disproof of both opinions. The Civil Government, tho' bereft of everything like an associated hierarchy, possesses the requisite stability and performs its functions with complete success; whilst the number, the industry, and the morality of the priesthood, and the devotion of the people have been manifestly increased by the TOTAL SEPARATION OF THE CHURCH FROM THE STATE."
-James Madison

"Constitution of the United States the danger of encroachment by Ecclesiastical Bodies, may be illustrated by precedents already furnished in their short history."
[attempts where religious bodies had already tried to encroach on the government]. [James Madison, Detached Memoranda, 1820]

"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance of which their civil as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purposes."
-Thomas Jefferson to Alexander von Humboldt, Dec. 6, 1813.

"They [the clergy] believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly; for I have sworn upon the altar of god, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. But this is all they have to fear from me: and enough, too, in their opinion."
-Thomas Jefferson to Dr. Benjamin Rush, Sept. 23, 1800

"As I understand the Christian religion, it was, and is, a revelation. But how has it happened that millions of fables, tales, legends, have been blended with both Jewish and Christian revelation that have made them the most bloody religion that ever existed? "
-John Adams

"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish (Muslim), appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit. "
-Thomas Paine, [The Age of Reason]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom