• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why do African Americans overwhelmingly vote against the GOP?

so they would vote for his party for "two centuries" as I recall him saying

He said that, but with language that would inspire any statues of him to be torn down. He said "I'll have those ________ers voting Democrat for the next 200 years".

The NRA writes the gun laws that benefit the gun manufacturers.

Really? any proof of that- if the NRA really could push the laws, we never would have had any federal gun control laws because using the commerce clause as FDR did is pretty bogus and a clear violation of the negative restriction the Founders placed upon the federal government

He said that, but with language that would inspire any statues of him to be torn down. He said "I'll have those ________ers voting Democrat for the next 200 years".

yep, exactly, it is a well known quote

It's basic human nature to want the most benefit for the least effort. The GOP wants them to work while the Left wants to pay them to sit at home. Pretty easy to understand IMO.

Course it is. Couldn't be simpler.

that's probably true. I think FDR was a progressive who craved power to create an America in the image he wanted. LBJ was just hungry for power

FDR was an elitist. He did oppose his wife's anti lynching campaign though. He also appointed open KKK members to the federal bench.

The vast majority are killed by guns and the gun market is controlled by the NRA who are mostly white.

So technically speaking, it's still whites killing blacks by proxy.

that's idiotic. most blacks are killed by other blacks. Blacks murder more whites than the reverse. Most of that happens in cities run by anti gun and anti NRA democrats

Justifying murder and brutality. Cry me a ****in river panzy asses. The US military is far more capable of handling worse pressure than that and dont expect everyone to lick their boots while they are at it. See i can play your stupid game too.

"Justifying murder and brutality."

Lol! Are you poor at reading or poor at understanding?

Where have I ever justified murder or brutality? I just pointed out that cops in the US are far more likely to encounter extreme violence when apprehending a suspect than in others places that I have lived. In the UK cops don't even carry guns.

And why are you still avoiding my question :

Who murders by far the most black people? Is it your fantasy Nazis or the police..... or is it other black people?

Too hard for you?

How many times are republicans going to deny anti black sentiment drove the south to republicans?

Perhaps when there is a grain of truth in such a brainless and hate filled claim, they will stop denying it.

Or perhaps when idiots who think they are persecuted by everyone on racial grounds stop asking the question, and have the sense to realise that issues like the economy, jobs, gun control etc are far more important to voters than anything else.

that has no relevance to this discussion. Nixon played on the civil unrest and high inner city crime rates-areas controlled by democrats and the fact that Democrats had appointed tons of federal judges-to tie Democrats to coddling criminals.

Nixon's most famous quote concerning this was that the Public will choose the policeman's Truncheon (Night stick or club) over the Anarchist's bomb. They did-they saw Nixon as the pro law and order candidate and a very admirable man-Hubert Humphrey-was sunk because his party was seen as the party enabling violent street crime and civil unrest.

If LBJ doesn't have relevance to the discussion then neither does Nixon. The hyphens are annoying...must you?

George Wallace ran on a platform of "law and order" and it's been a racist dog whistle for republican politicians ever since. That's why Trump is trying to use it now...and failing spectacularly...just like Wallace did.

If LBJ doesn't have relevance to the discussion then neither does Nixon. The hyphens are annoying...must you?

George Wallace ran on a platform of "law and order" and it's been a racist dog whistle for republican politicians ever since. That's why Trump is trying to use it now...and failing spectacularly...just like Wallace did.

unless many Americans identify blacks as being a primary source of violent street criminals-how is it a "racist" dog whistle? The fact is-Democrats are PROPERLY identified as the party that wants to defund the police and enable the idiots who are burning police stations and destroying the property of innocents.

George Wallace was a Democrat..

that's idiotic. most blacks are killed by other blacks. Blacks murder more whites than the reverse. Most of that happens in cities run by anti gun and anti NRA democrats

I guess that explains Chicago vs McDonald. Strike down the gun control law so city officials can't control the guns pouring into poor black neighborhoods and then sit back and watch blacks kill each other with guns that make the NRA rich and white people feel superior. Yeah, we know your kind, TD.

The truth — and lies — about Chicago's gun laws - Chicago Tribune

Why do African Americans overwhelmingly vote against the GOP?

Do conservatives have any answers that involve actual self reflection or will they talk about some offensive nonsense theories of African Americans wanting to stay on the Democratic "plantation":

My god, if I hear “Democratic plantation” one more time… | by Sam McKenzie Jr. | Medium

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...-conservatives-favorite-slurs/?outputType=amp

The more individuals depend on government, through social programs, employment and other economic assistance, the more likely they are to vote for Democrats. It's ironic that Democrats leverage slavery as a political tool of victimhood, while enslaving blacks and other minorities to suck on the tit called government assistance. Victimhood, grievances and dependence on government -- the Democrats trifecta of guaranteed support.

The NRA does not write any gun laws. None. What they actually do mostly is promote and teach firearm safety.

Yeah, they did. NRA's Marion Hammer is responsible for writing most of the gun laws in floriduh...and those she didn't write had to meet her approval. Other states soon followed her lead.

unless many Americans identify blacks as being a primary source of violent street criminals-how is it a "racist" dog whistle? The fact is-Democrats are PROPERLY identified as the party that wants to defund the police and enable the idiots who are burning police stations and destroying the property of innocents.

Most republicans do identify blacks as a primary source of crime. You do it every time you bring up Chicago. If you want to reduce crime..then solve the poverty. If you want to increase crime, then flood poor black neighborhoods with drugs and guns instead of jobs.

Democrats don't want to enable crime...they just don't believe that authoritarian violence and brutality is the way to solve it.

Most republicans do identify blacks as a primary source of crime. You do it every time you bring up Chicago. If you want to reduce crime..then solve the poverty. If you want to increase crime, then flood poor black neighborhoods with drugs and guns instead of jobs.

Democrats don't want to enable crime...they just don't believe that authoritarian violence and brutality is the way to solve it.

Chicago. If you want to reduce crime..then solve the poverty. If you want to increase crime, then flood poor black neighborhoods with drugs and guns instead of jobs.

And who is primarily in control of the city of Chicago?

"Justifying murder and brutality."

Lol! Are you poor at reading or poor at understanding?

Where have I ever justified murder or brutality? I just pointed out that cops in the US are far more likely to encounter extreme violence when apprehending a suspect than in others places that I have lived. In the UK cops don't even carry guns.

And why are you still avoiding my question :

Who murders by far the most black people? Is it your fantasy Nazis or the police..... or is it other black people?

Too hard for you?
Im just applying your own taunts back at you.

Perhaps when there is a grain of truth in such a brainless and hate filled claim, they will stop denying it.

Or perhaps when idiots who think they are persecuted by everyone on racial grounds stop asking the question, and have the sense to realise that issues like the economy, jobs, gun control etc are far more important to voters than anything else.

Southern strategy - Wikipedia
How is this a hate filled rant?

Strom Thurmond
John Tower
William Cramer
Edward Gurney
Dave Treen
Iris Faircloth Blitch
James Martin
Bill Dickinson
Bo Callway
Albert Watson
Thad Cochran
Trent Lott
Jess Helms
Taylor O'Hearn
W.D. Workman
Marshall Parker
Mills Godwin
All switched.
Stanford Morse
Albert Goldthwaite
Roderick Miller
Marshall Parker
James Bentley
Jack Ray
Crawford Pilcher
Alpha Fowler Jr.
Phil Campbell

What is important to voters is irrelevant to this discussion. You dont have to tell me you dont care, i already know. Your fee fees dont matter. Since you have openly stated you dont care about black people, you will continue to lose their vote. Calling black people a bunch of whiners will cause you to lose their vote in larger percentages which is all fine and dandy for me. I look forward to trump losing. I posted many more reasons.

Last edited:
Prove your claims-I doubt you can. the fact is, governmental handouts have created an almost permanent-multi-generational welfare class

I just did :).

yep, the last thing democrats really want is to have policies that wean people off of government dependency and handouts. An electorate were almost all the voters are paying their own way and not attached to the pubic umbilical cord, is an electorate that would be choosing between GOP and Libertarian candidates.

Really that's it and it has nothing to do with policies like racial gerrymandering:

The Secret Files of the Master of Modern Republican Gerrymandering | The New Yorker

And does poverty exist in the black community, could it be that black people were denied intergenerational wealth, any attempt by the black community to lift themselves up were met with violence (like the Tusla massacre) and black people were treated like second class citizens for decades?

The Source of Black Poverty Isn't Black Culture, It's American Culture - The Atlantic

What would you suggest be done about the factors that create poverty in the black community?

Back
Top Bottom