• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why did Assad use nerve gas?

Mirror-imagining my arse.

Your 247-249 only reinforce my point. The GWB administration came into office determined to invade Iraq. They were therefore predisposed to the mirror-image argument. You just showed how that worked. Thanks. That's how George Tenet got there.

Your 247-249 only reinforce my point. The GWB administration came into office determined to invade Iraq. They were therefore predisposed to the mirror-image argument. You just showed how that worked. Thanks. That's how George Tenet got there.

If the Bush administration "came into office determined to invade Iraq", then no evidence mattered, rendering your poorly applied and understanding of mirror-imaging useless as an explanation. :lamo

If the Bush administration "came into office determined to invade Iraq", then no evidence mattered, rendering your poorly applied and understanding of mirror-imaging useless as an explanation. :lamo

No. Your failure is complete. The GWB administration came into office determined to invade Iraq. They needed, however, a justification. WMD was that justification. That does not mean it was a lie, but rather that they believed it easily. As already explained, the analysts found their own way to the wrong conclusion.

No. Your failure is complete. The GWB administration came into office determined to invade Iraq. They needed, however, a justification. WMD was that justification. That does not mean it was a lie, but rather that they believed it easily. As already explained, the analysts found their own way to the wrong conclusion.

Opinion born out of your cognitive dissonance is all you have posted. The only mirror-imaging examples provided on this forum is anyone believing your unsupported opinions.

The country is in a civil war and the only way Assad stayed in power was with support from the Russians, Iranians, Shia Brigades from Iraq, and Hezbollah.
The people have decided, Assad must go.
Lastly- you believe Assad has not committed War Crimes? Is that correct?? I am not asking about other actors, just Assad?

I am neutral on the question of Assad committing crimes against humanity. I neither believe nor disbelieve. From my perspective the case has not been made either way.

I do understand that the "civil war" you reference is very much a propaganda tactic, a pretext that allows Israeli and US covert military action against Syria. I'm old enough to remember that the Golan Heights question has been simmering for decades at least.

The US has overthrown so many other governments around the globe, for so many years, that for those of us paying attention, the pattern of behavior is quite obvious. The pattern of behavior is apparent in Syria. Regime Change 'r US, and that's what's happening.

Opinion born out of your cognitive dissonance is all you have posted. The only mirror-imaging examples provided on this forum is anyone believing your unsupported opinions.

As my #246 suggested, I was there.

As my #246 suggested, I was there.

Are you sharing your personal example of succombing to mirror-imaging?

Do you realise your claims aren’t proof? Do you realise all you got is just asking me to believe you? Do you realise your using an anecdotal fallacy?

Well, it would be a boner to believe a random poster on an obsure internet forum making such embellished claims without providing any proof. Nor does it prove anything as you provided no context of objectivity, probity or genuineness to Tenet’s passing comment, not to mention the fact, that there were no WMD’s and no "hell to pay”, just rewards, as he later received the Presidential Medal of Freedom and further cushy, high paying jobs. Furthermore, the language you use reeks of fabrication.

But for pure entertainment value, could you state for the record where exactly did this take place, and on what date exactly?

Are you sharing your personal example of succombing to mirror-imaging?

Do you realise your claims aren’t proof? Do you realise all you got is just asking me to believe you? Do you realise your using an anecdotal fallacy?

Well, it would be a boner to believe a random poster on an obsure internet forum making such embellished claims without providing any proof. Nor does it prove anything as you provided no context of objectivity, probity or genuineness to Tenet’s passing comment, not to mention the fact, that there were no WMD’s and no "hell to pay”, just rewards, as he later received the Presidential Medal of Freedom and further cushy, high paying jobs. Furthermore, the language you use reeks of fabrication.

But for pure entertainment value, could you state for the record where exactly did this take place, and on what date exactly?

That particular conversation was, IIRC, in May 2003 at CIA Headquarters.

He is out of manpower, and he expected to get away with it.

As far as I can see, he DID get away with it. Trump bombed an airfield which caused 6 casualties and the airfield was up and running again less than 24 hours later. I think I'd coin a new expression to describe what Trump ordered: gesture bombing.

As far as I can see, he DID get away with it. Trump bombed an airfield which caused 6 casualties and the airfield was up and running again less than 24 hours later. I think I'd coin a new expression to describe what Trump ordered: gesture bombing.

Taking out a bunch of assads aircraft sends a message, one I am confident he heard.

I have honestly never seen anything like this.
And trust me, I've been to many more places than most of you guys have:

Back
Top Bottom