• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why Christianity grew so fast

No it isn't, not if Christ never said he died on the cross .... of coarse they try and dismantle the underpinnings of Christianity, as do Jews, as do other competing systems.

Why isn't one of the competing systems the true one? They all claim that they are, including christainty, which is based on an uncorroborated story in an old book.

Really? What book of the bible did Jesus write, especially after he died? I think Christ the person probably did exist and probably was martyred, but that gives absolutely zero credibility to any kind of mystical events his followers then attributed to the event sometimes decades after the fact.

Actually, considering you guys are making the positive statement that mystical and supernatural occurrences happened, the burden of proof rests firmly on your shoulders. There is no extrabiblical or historical evidence of anything mystical happenening around Christ's death.

The mistake most Christians make is that you assume because history suggests the man did exist that it's also simultaneously proof of his divinity.

Islam contends he didn't die on the cross. My only reason for these post was to highlight the difference between the 2 religions . I'm not in here to argue " my way is the right way"

Actually he said " I lay my life down, and in 3 days I will take it back up"

Why can't my theory be true? Here it is. Christ arranged a deal with the Romans. The sponge and vinegar was actaully a sponge soaked in soporiphic drugs. He was merely rendered unconcious. That seems far more likely than a dead guy coming back to life.

Why can't my theory be true? Here it is. Christ arranged a deal with the Romans. The sponge and vinegar was actaully a sponge soaked in soporiphic drugs. He was merely rendered unconcious. That seems far more likely than a dead guy coming back to life.

I like my story better.

It is claimed he said this. How many famous last words of the dying have been manufactured?

I didn't come in here to "prove" Christianity. And let's be honest here, we all know I'm not changing your mind with anything I can say.. only God can do that.

I didn't come in here to "prove" Christianity. And let's be honest here, we all know I'm not changing your mind with anything I can say.. only God can do that.

He's supposed to be omnipotent, so why doesn't he do that?

Logical case that the New Testament was tampered With to the point to where we can't know what it origionally says ... read Whole posts when you respond to them.

I read the whole post. Which part do you want me to pay attention to in particular? Bold it.

Where is that in the bible?
He must be misquoting this bit of doggerel from the bible. I've noticed that many christains have not actually read the whole bible.
John 2:19
Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. ... God, with power, that had power of laying down his life, and taking it up again; and is the very sign, ... No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord.

He must be misquoting this bit of doggerel from the bible. I've noticed that many christains have not actually read the whole bible.
Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. ... God, with power, that had power of laying down his life, and taking it up again; and is the very sign, ... No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord.

That's what I figured. But it would have been more helpful to let him search for it himself and figure out his mistake than for me (or in this case you) to spoon feed him.

SAND ?what do you mean by sand ? is it slang ? l dont want to look it up in urban dict

It is a crude reference to arabs in general, and nomadic arabs in particular.

That's what I figured. But it would have been more helpful to let him search for it himself and figure out his mistake than for me (or in this case you) to spoon feed him.

I'm a nice guy, I like giving to charity. Do you really think that he would have looked it up for himself?

What he's really saying is "sand nigger" but on the downlow. And anyone that reads that post knows exactly what he meant.

No, it was a Star Wars reference. I was using it to refer to the inhabitants of the Arabian Peninsula because the whole area is practically desert, like Tattooine. I use the Sand People reference because the native cultures of Tattoine and the Arabian peninsula are similar in the sense of tough environments necessitating tough cultures, the largely warlike nature of both people (the arab expansions and conquests, the Tusken Raiders sniping at the Boonta Eve Pod Race) is similar, and one could conclude Lucas based the Tusken Raiders on Arab stereotypes.

I thought Christianity was successful largely because it was the first Middle Eastern religion to be truly embraced and adopted by Rome under Emperor Constantine. You mentioned this in passing, but I thought it played a far more significant role than you indicate.

Under Roman influence, Christianity gained traction by absorbing many traditions / cults that came before it.

True. There was nothing new in christianity.

No, it was a Star Wars reference. I was using it to refer to the inhabitants of the Arabian Peninsula because the whole area is practically desert, like Tattooine. I use the Sand People reference because the native cultures of Tattoine and the Arabian peninsula are similar in the sense of tough environments necessitating tough cultures, the largely warlike nature of both people (the arab expansions and conquests, the Tusken Raiders sniping at the Boonta Eve Pod Race) is similar, and one could conclude Lucas based the Tusken Raiders on Arab stereotypes.

Fair enough spud, that makes sense. Sorry I assumed the worst. ;)

Actually my qoute was pretty close for being off the top of my head, and unlike you I didn't use Google.

Jews generally believe that Jesus was a false prophet....

Many Jews believe that, but there's also Messianic Jews who do believe in the New Testament Jesus.

The Jews and skeptics who believe Jesus is a false prophet have probably never read the scholarly, five volume work, Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus, by Dr. Michael L. Brown.

Back
Top Bottom