• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why are we investigating Trump

Trump solicited a foreign leader for information of value to him on his leading possible opponent in the coming election. That is a federal crime.

It may be an abuse of power, it may even be worthy of impeachment, but it is not a federal crime - assuming you are realistic and serious about how campaign finance law is treated.

Desperate idiocies like your claim only makes fence sitters more skeptical of your motives and partisanship.

You really think you have the ability to dismiss someone because you don't agree? Allow me to use the one of the lefts favorite smilies::lamo

LOL! You, as a twump worshiper, reject reality and that includes the meansing of words.

Every single candidate running for POTUS is twump's opponent, no matter how much that fills you with impotent rage.

It may be an abuse of power, it may even be worthy of impeachment, but it is not a federal crime - assuming you are realistic and serious about how campaign finance law is treated.

Desperate idiocies like your claim only makes fence sitters more skeptical of your motives and partisanship.

Yes, it's a federal crime. A violation of federal election law.

LOL! You, as a twump worshiper, reject reality and that includes the meansing of words.

Every single candidate running for POTUS is twump's opponent, no matter how much that fills you with impotent rage.

I'm going to be nice and assume you mean helpless or powerless.

I will add this one last note: they are all -potential- opponents. One will eventually emerge and an actual opponent for president. There is no "mincing" of words. Perhaps it is in your inability to comprehend them. That said, its been fun, sorta, but I've run out of patience on this track. :2wave: (make of it as you want)

I'm going to be nice and assume you mean helpless or powerless.

I will add this one last note: they are all -potential- opponents. One will eventually emerge and an actual opponent for president. There is no "mincing" of words. Perhaps it is in your inability to comprehend them. That said, its been fun, sorta, but I've run out of patience on this track. :2wave: (make of it as you want)

You simply reject reality and basic English. They are all his opponents, period. Full stop.

Sorry that makes you so filled with blind rage.

Completely irrelevant because as the Dem front-runner, he was an opponent then and he's an opponent now.

This seems really hard for some people.

It's hard for some people, because some people are absolute morons, and morons don't know that they're morons. That's a key quality of being a moron. And yet we continue to babysit them, don't we.

Trump solicited a foreign leader for information of value to him on his leading possible opponent in the coming election. That is a federal crime.

How about we get to Trump's trial right after Hillary's trial is complete for doing the same thing?

Dear Trump Supporter,

You have been tested, and the results reveal that you are a nitwit: a silly or foolish person. While some of your opinions, such as the world isn't flat, naked movie stars are usually attractive, and "Snickers bars is tasty," are true, most of your more dearly held political opinions are false, the result of your unfortunate brain being jackhammered by Fox News propaganda over the last twenty years. While there is no cure for your condition, take heart. Being an impotent, irrelevant person, your thoughts and beliefs don't matter anyway. In short, there is no need to blow your brains out, because no one cares.

But you did have that election that time. Congratulations.

Enjoy your hot dogs.

Yours Truly,

Reality

Show me the money Trump got from his phone call.

I can show you the money Hillary and Bill got from the Russians when she let Russia have a lot of our uranium. Bill got a half million for one speech, and the Clinton Foundation got 140 million dollars. That is crooked as hell.

Then Biden's kid was getting $80,000 a month after Biden leaned on Ukraine. That too is crooked as hell.

Again why are we investigating Trump when those two are the crooks and got crooked money?

Always something new with the lowly liberal/Demo.
queen wannabe Hillary and her husband Billy both have committed crimes so severe they should of been locked up.Then candidate Trump in 2016 had mentioned queen wannabe Hillary should be locked up. This may in fact among other Trump accomplishments triggered this silly impeachment inquiries. A comic book should be written about them called " Sex and the Emails ".

Yes it is a federal crime as Trump clearly violated the federal law making it a crime.

How about we get to Trump's trial right after Hillary's trial is complete for doing the same thing?

How did Clinton do the same thing?

I can show you the money Hillary and Bill got from the Russians when she let Russia have a lot of our uranium. Bill got a half million for one speech, and the Clinton Foundation got 140 million dollars. That is crooked as hell.

Then Biden's kid was getting $80,000 a month after Biden leaned on Ukraine. That too is crooked as hell.

Again why are we investigating Trump when those two are the crooks and got crooked money?

They have no choice. Establishment on both sides are corrupt and after decades of living high off the backs of Americans, their power is threatened. We have media, deep state department operatives, cia, fbi, foreign nationals, lobbyists, and members of congress being exposed to the sanitizing light of day (except on the schiff cartoon intel committee of course).

Yes it is a federal crime as Trump clearly violated the federal law making it a crime.

Tell us what federal statute criminal statute was violated, section and paragraph.

Show us how hillary got money for selling uranium.

Yes, it's a federal crime. A violation of federal election law.

Tell us what section and paragraph of election law was criminally violated by Trump's request(s) of the Ukrainian government. I "excitedly" wait to hear of your "serious" finding, one overlooked by the remainder of well versed academics and experts.

Tell us what federal statute criminal statute was violated, section and paragraph.

This has only been previously posted here dozens of times - but just for you

§30121. Contributions and donations by foreign nationals
(a) Prohibition
It shall be unlawful for-
(1) a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make-
(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;
(B) a contribution or donation to a committee of a political party; or
(C) an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or

(2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.
(b) "Foreign national" defined

As used in this section, the term "foreign national" means-
(1) a foreign principal, as such term is defined by section 611(b) of title 22, except that the term "foreign national" shall not include any individual who is a citizen of the United States; or
(2) an individual who is not a citizen of the United States or a national of the United States (as defined in section 1101(a)(22) of title 8) and who is not lawfully admitted for permanent residence, as defined by section 1101(a)(20) of title 8.

Their internal polling likely shows Trump winning against Biden, Warren and Sanders, so they need to do something to lessen Trump's electability. Why go through all this trouble if the whole country is "fawning" over Warren? Everyone "hates" Trump.

Impeachment won't happen - it's all about PR.

I believe you nailed it, what they claim they have on trump is shady, shiff is issuing false statements left and right, and the lefts defense is republicans were invited to impeachment hearings yet I could not find a roster or list anywhere showing any republicans attending or being allowed in them, just beiong allowed to read the transcripts, yet nadler is allowed and he is not on the 3 committies.

This makes one wonder if they know impeachment will go nowhere and they are freaking out because they know if it came down to an election they will lose bad in their current state, and are hoping to drag the inquiry out until the election is held.

Her campaign went to the Ukrainian government for dirt on Trump.

Strong-arming them by withholding aid (withholding it itself is a crime) is not the same, it's extortion. Very mafioso.

They have no choice. Establishment on both sides are corrupt and after decades of living high off the backs of Americans, their power is threatened.

Yeah, Trump really cares about ordinary Americans. That's why he created Trump University. It's terrible that the establishment closed down this wonderful school that was helping poor people for only $30,000 learn how to be rich like Trump. But the evil establishment forced Trump to give them their money back.

Maybe if Trump can start a new Trump University, you too can take out a massive loan and learn to be rich like him.

Yes it apparently is hard for some, a front runner (one of several) is just that. If by chance he should get the nomination then he could be considered an opponent.

Who Trump considered to be his most likely opponent, as he was running this scheme, doesn't rely on your opinion.

"I believe it will be Crazy Bernie Sanders vs. Sleepy Joe Biden as the two finalists to run against maybe the best Economy in the history of our Country (and MANY other great things)! I look forward to facing whoever it may be. May God Rest Their Soul!" - Donald Trump 4/16/19
"Welcome to the race Sleepy Joe. I only hope you have the intelligence, long in doubt, to wage a successful primary campaign. It will be nasty - you will be dealing with people who truly have some very sick & demented ideas. But if you make it, I will see you at the Starting Gate!" - Donald Trump 4/25/19
"Looks to me like it’s going to be SleepyCreepy Joe over Crazy Bernie. Everyone else is fading fast!" - Donald Trump 5/10/19
"Looks like Bernie Sanders is history. Sleepy Joe Biden is pulling ahead and think about it, I’m only here because of Sleepy Joe and the man who took him off the 1% trash heap, President O! China wants Sleepy Joe BADLY!" - Donald Trump 5/20/19
"@FoxNews is at it again. So different from what they used to be during the 2016 Primaries, & before - Proud Warriors! Now new Fox Polls, which have always been terrible to me (they had me losing BIG to Crooked Hillary), have me down to Sleepy Joe." - Donald Trump 7/26/19
"...the fact that I have gone through a three year vicious Witch Hunt, perpetrated by the Lamestream Media in Collusion with Crooked and the Democrat Party, there can be NO WAY, with the greatest Economy in U.S. history, that I can be losing to the Sleepy One. KEEP AMERICA GREAT!" Donald Trump 7/26/19
"My team is negotiating with them now, but they always change the deal in the end to their benefit. They should probably wait out our Election to see if we get one of the Democrat stiffs like Sleepy Joe. Then they could make a GREAT deal, like in past 30 years, and continue" - Donald Trump 7/30/19

1) The plutocracy wanted WWIII under cover of sociopathic Queen of Rape Hillary. :thumbs:

2) Hillary lost. :eek:

3) Plutocracy mad. :2mad:

4) Trump hates hot war. :peace

5) Plutocracy REALLY mad. :fueltofir

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd...

Impeachment.

This has only been previously posted here dozens of times - but just for you

§30121. Contributions and donations by foreign nationals
(a) Prohibition
It shall be unlawful for-
(1) a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make-
(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;
(B) a contribution or donation to a committee of a political party; or
(C) an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or

(2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.
(b) "Foreign national" defined

As used in this section, the term "foreign national" means-
(1) a foreign principal, as such term is defined by section 611(b) of title 22, except that the term "foreign national" shall not include any individual who is a citizen of the United States; or
(2) an individual who is not a citizen of the United States or a national of the United States (as defined in section 1101(a)(22) of title 8) and who is not lawfully admitted for permanent residence, as defined by section 1101(a)(20) of title 8.

That's a pathetically weak claim of illegality based on this statute. The law defines a "contribution" as "anything of value made by any person for the purpose of influencing any election for Federal office.” Before your "horse" leaves the gate it falls over dead - one cannot show that Trump asked a foreign government to "find out what happened" for the purpose of influencing the 2020 election (whether the results would have or not). Moreover, Trump is on record, prior to Joe Biden's decision to run, of expressing his suspicion and in the public interest wanting to know what happed regarding Hunter Biden and Joe Biden's actions in the Ukraine in regard to the presumptively corrupt Burisma.

Moreover, the request is fully within the constitutional prerogative (even if he is abusing it) of the executive branch both in use of its power for law enforcement as well as the unique powers accorded in foreign policy. Investigation and knowledge of an issue of public interest, especially potential corruption by US citizens, does not make them and their family exempt just because a member of that family is running for President - this applies as much to Biden as it does to Trump.

The overly broad assumptions by the "orange man bad" pot bangers are daffy if assumed to be correct. Not "everything" of value is a campaign contribution. If China agrees to a trade deal, it may help Trump but its not a campaign contribution. If a Governor signs a state bill passed while running for President, its not a campaign contribution by his state legislator. If someone provides an endorsement, gives an interview, or writes a book (any of which could influence an election) OR the politician has a bill signing ceremony, town hall, or is allowed to visit a hospital or press dinner its not a campaign contribution.

There are better laws to cite to suggest that Trump may have done something illegal - but please retire the FEC canard. It's dumb.

According to Schiftt's version of the call, Trump threatened the Ukrainian president to hurt him financially if he did not dig up dirt on Biden for him. Of course that narrative was not actually in the call, but was just Schiftt's take on the events according to what he wanted to believe. Schiftt's lying version will never hold up in court.

Back
Top Bottom