• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Whiteness is a threat

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a load, her words speak very clearly. It is unbelievable that even a far lefty would defend her.:roll:

I am not defending because I do not know what her argument is. Unlike some people, I am not a reactionary who evaluates ideas before I have even heard what they are.

Another crazy "professer" spewing racism in our universities. She say's whiteness poses an "existential" threat to America. Could you imagine if a white professor said "Blackness is an existential threat to America"?

It looks like racism is no just for Trump voters anymore!

https://o4anews.com/category/news/

“The Elephant in the Room: A ‘Grown Up’ Conversation about Whiteness” propaganda piece will be presented by Lisa Anderson-Levy, an Anthropology professor at Beloit College whose teaching philosophy is predicated on the belief that “teaching is a political act.”
During her lecture, Anderson-Levy is slated to speak on a number of issues, including “the violence of whiteness” and how colleges and universities in the United States may be complicit in perpetuating this violence.
Trending: WATCH – CIA Whistle-Blower Claims “Anvil About To Drop” On Clinton Foundation *VIDEO*
“This presentation explores the ubiquity and violence of whiteness and the ways in which academic institutions are poised to either reproduce or interrupt these discourses,” writes Anderson-Levy, referring to herself in the third person.
“She argues that whiteness poses an existential threat to social, political, and economic life in the U.S. and proposes that decentering whiteness is one of the most urgent social dilemmas of our time and demands our immediate attention,” the abstract adds.
Anderson-Levy will also speak on how college administrators can “decenter whiteness” at their institutions, “including in our budgets, our curricula, our disciplinary genealogies, our interactions with students, and our relationships with each other as colleagues.”

When will Americans get over their need to get racist?

You're still post civil war FFS. What does this **** serve? Are we better for having been divided and guilted?

So she's a community college teacher who's invented a new way to get racist and drive that huge ****ing AMERICAN wedge right down the throats of the people.

I will defend her right to say this, provided she allows those attend her class the right to counter argue.

Frankly, if this is the quality of teaching in US colleges you're all ****ed

Uh oh. White victims could whip themselves into a nor'easter over this. Prep the snow plows and mark the routes to a safe space.

so what?

I do hope you understand that colleges are supposed to foster discussion of a wide variety of viewpoints

They are failing miserably at it.

I am not defending because I do not know what her argument is. Unlike some people, I am not a reactionary who evaluates ideas before I have even heard what they are.

Replace the word whiteness and white with blackness and black and how would you perceive it?

When will Americans get over their need to get racist?

You're still post civil war FFS. What does this **** serve? Are we better for having been divided and guilted?

So she's a community college teacher who's invented a new way to get racist and drive that huge ****ing AMERICAN wedge right down the throats of the people.

I will defend her right to say this, provided she allows those attend her class the right to counter argue.

Frankly, if this is the quality of teaching in US colleges you're all ****ed
You got that right! But don't think Canada is immune to it!

Again, this lecture is not being given to a classroom of students

Is jumping to conclusions a hobby of yours?

Hello, it is being given on a campus with the blessing of the powers that be and students are welcome to attend. That fact that is primarily intended for the faculty is even worse than if it was students only. Is ignoring things a hobby of yours?

Replace the word whiteness and white with blackness and black and how would you perceive it?

As an attack on a minority group as opposed to questioning the status quo perspective of the majority power. Of course, I'm guessing as to the prof's point, but I'm pretty sure the prof is not pro genocide. White genocide, haha, do spare us.

I would perceive that as a need on your part to feel racially offended so strong and compelling that you need to alter a black persons words to fit your race-baiting agenda

I would also perceive it as evidence that you do not even know what whiteness is

Another crazy "professer" spewing racism in our universities. She say's whiteness poses an "existential" threat to America. Could you imagine if a white professor said "Blackness is an existential threat to America"?

It looks like racism is no just for Trump voters anymore!

https://o4anews.com/category/news/

“The Elephant in the Room: A ‘Grown Up’ Conversation about Whiteness” propaganda piece will be presented by Lisa Anderson-Levy, an Anthropology professor at Beloit College whose teaching philosophy is predicated on the belief that “teaching is a political act.”
During her lecture, Anderson-Levy is slated to speak on a number of issues, including “the violence of whiteness” and how colleges and universities in the United States may be complicit in perpetuating this violence.
Trending: WATCH – CIA Whistle-Blower Claims “Anvil About To Drop” On Clinton Foundation *VIDEO*
“This presentation explores the ubiquity and violence of whiteness and the ways in which academic institutions are poised to either reproduce or interrupt these discourses,” writes Anderson-Levy, referring to herself in the third person.
“She argues that whiteness poses an existential threat to social, political, and economic life in the U.S. and proposes that decentering whiteness is one of the most urgent social dilemmas of our time and demands our immediate attention,” the abstract adds.
Anderson-Levy will also speak on how college administrators can “decenter whiteness” at their institutions, “including in our budgets, our curricula, our disciplinary genealogies, our interactions with students, and our relationships with each other as colleagues.”

After I clicked on read the article, I couldn't help but notice the next headline under it which read: "Terrified of Impending Zombie Apocalypse, Illinois Man Goes On Airport Rampage" and showed a picture of a white man. Does that not support the professors claim that "whiteness is an existential threat"?

Anyhoo...I think what the professor might be trying to say is, "Judge a man not by the color of his skin, but by the content of his character."

Hello, it is being given on a campus with the blessing of the powers that be and students are welcome to attend. That fact that is primarily intended for the faculty is even worse than if it was students only. Is ignoring things a hobby of yours?

You have absolutely no clue what the prof might be speaking about, do you? Not a hint. In your mind, she's gonna be wearing a tiny mustache and chanting 'death to whitie'. So funny.

Maybe colleges should protect their adult administrators from dangerous black women. Maybe they could build some safe spaces for the adults who work there

I would perceive that as a need on your part to feel racially offended so strong and compelling that you need to alter a black persons word to fit your race-baiting agenda

I would also perceive it as evidence that you do not even know what whiteness is

Your perceiver needs fixing. Defend her all you want. I am done responding to you in this thread.

Even blatant racism? Colleges USED to be a place for a wide variety of viewpoints, not since they turned into liberal centers.

You have yet to show that there is any racism. In fact, I see no evidence that she is going to talk about white people

You have absolutely no clue what the prof might be speaking about, do you? Not a hint. In your mind, she's gonna be wearing a tiny mustache and chanting 'death to whitie'. So funny.

Absolutely no clue, but he is sure that, whatever it is, it is racist.

After all, a black women is going to say something about something that has the word white in it, so it must be racist

After I clicked on read the article, I couldn't help but notice the next headline under it which read: "Terrified of Impending Zombie Apocalypse, Illinois Man Goes On Airport Rampage" and showed a picture of a white man. Does that not support the professors claim that "whiteness is an existential threat"?

Anyhoo...I think what the professor might be trying to say is, "Judge a man not by the color of his skin, but by the content of his character."
Let her tell you, no need to interpret for her.

You got that right! But don't think Canada is immune to it!

This "teacher" would never be hired.

This is nothing more than ignorant race shaming and it would be turned back on her in seconds. FFS, even Black Lives Matter are under siege because they are "exclusionary"

Your perceiver needs fixing. Defend her all you want. I am done responding to you in this thread.

Where are you going to hide? In a safe space?

You are not the first to say they are done responding to me. Usually, those people are lying and cannot help but continue to respond to me.

And if they do not, all the better. Then I get to point out how inane their posts are and they are defenseless

Her own words convict her.

Maybe she means "white culture". White culture has so many problems but the white community does not address them. Whites just blame professors and black people. Lack of work ethic, single parent homes, gangs, violent music, drugs... but does the white community do anything about that? Nope. They're worried about cashing that welfare check and stopping white genocide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom