• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House shares doctored video to support punishment of journalist Jim Acosta (1 Viewer)

WaPo

The White House is out of control and will stoop to any low. This is bad for America to have fake news coming straight from the president and his cronies.

And this is a change in quantity rather than a change in quality - how?

Oh, what's the speed of the video??? Did it zoom in??? OMG!!! What, Sanders shared it??? AHHHH! Scream at the sky!

What a joke. Typical leftist tactic. Try to draw the focus away from douchebag extraordinaire, Jim Acosta, and focus on the relevant. What kind of ass refuses to give the mic to the intern in the press room, and expects to be let back in?

Mind you, the idiot was already launching accusations at Trump for a while, throwing a question mark on the end to fool the low information types into thinking he was actually being a journalist. Kick this moron out for good.

It was her job to give the mic to the next reporter. The president had indicated he was finished with Acosta and it was the next reporter's turn at the mic. Acosta was interfering with her job by the use of force. He was not following established traditional conduct.

Oh come on now "He was not following established traditional conduct." as an indictment?

From the person who lauds Mr. Trump for not following established traditional conduct?

Absolutely hilarious.

nah, not really. Obama wouldn't have done a damned thing. if he had, there would have been riots and fox would still be running the story in heavy rotation.

also, #buuuuuuuutObama!

Yeah, really. I could see it now, "Jim (Crow) Acosta has been fired by CNN for the despicable, racist way he attacked the nation's first black President this morning."

Obama spied on and prosecuted reporters for **** sake....His Press Sec openly stated that they were excluding Fox News from important events to cover, as everyone from Obama and Axelrod to Emmanuel and Clinton called it nothing but the propaganda wing of the GOP. Didn't see riots then.

also #TDSgotmecraaaaazy!

Yeah, really. I could see it now, "Jim (Crow) Acosta has been fired by CNN for the despicable, racist way he attacked the nation's first black President this morning."

Obama spied on and prosecuted reporters for **** sake....His Press Sec openly stated that they were excluding Fox News from important events to cover, as everyone from Obama and Axelrod to Emmanuel and Clinton called it nothing but the propaganda wing of the GOP. Didn't see riots then.

also #TDSgotmecraaaaazy!

more tacit support for removing a reporter's press credentials using lies. seems to be the MO.

Which part of "used doctored video to justify action" is something you'd like to defend?

:applaud

Who cares. The actions happened. It was (apparently) sped up a little bit. ... and it doesn't change the fact that Acosta made contact with the girl hard enough to cause her elbow to bend

I have watched "edited" video an I'm not sure it makes any difference either way.

Oh, what's the speed of the video??? Did it zoom in??? OMG!!!

Look at all the Trumpkins claiming those edits did not matter... Apparently people who were actually MAKING THOSE fake edits and the White House releasing the video thought they were SIGNIFICANT enough to doctor the video in the first place!

BLOODLetting?
Democrats win the Senate?
No? Awww that's too bad.

trump was so happy that the blue wave didn't happen that he unleashed the most disgusting and vulgar tantrum at a press conference. Awww trump is pissed that he no longer has control of the house. Hopefully Pelosi will forget all that 'we go high' crap and will bury the bastard and all the republican butt kissers.

Oh, what's the speed of the video??? Did it zoom in??? OMG!!! What, Sanders shared it??? AHHHH! Scream at the sky!

What a joke. Typical leftist tactic. Try to draw the focus away from douchebag extraordinaire, Jim Acosta, and focus on the relevant. What kind of ass refuses to give the mic to the intern in the press room, and expects to be let back in?

Mind you, the idiot was already launching accusations at Trump for a while, throwing a question mark on the end to fool the low information types into thinking he was actually being a journalist. Kick this moron out for good.

Acosta was banned because trump was upset with his questions. He expects ALL journalists to bow down and kiss his butt. I am betting some 'accident' will happen to Acosta.

It's pretty sad that that is what you want the House for, subpoena power. The left, all hate, all the time.

It's pretty sad you'd lie about 'what I want'.

It's simply objective fact that they will have that power. What I want, and what you absolutely hate, is that the House will now function as a check on the executive branch.

The right: all dishonesty, all ignorance of civics all the time.

WaPo

The White House is out of control and will stoop to any low. This is bad for America to have fake news coming straight from the president and his cronies.

It is now known that the doctoring of the video was done by Paul Joseph Watson of the Alex Jones conspiracy nut website Infowars.

"A frame-by-frame breakdown by Storyful, a social-media intelligence firm that verifies media content, found that the edited video included repeated frames that did not appear in the original footage. The repeated frames were shown only at the moment of contact and made Acosta's arm movement look more exaggerated"

Joseph Goebbels could not have done better. Propaganda is alive and well at the White House.

trump was so happy that the blue wave didn't happen that he unleashed the most disgusting and vulgar tantrum at a press conference.rs.

LAFF . He b-slapped some Dem activist loser posing as a journalist.

Normal people stood and cheered.:applaud

Look at all the Trumpkins claiming those edits did not matter... Apparently people who were actually MAKING THOSE fake edits and the White House releasing the video thought they were SIGNIFICANT enough to doctor the video in the first place!
No matter what was done to the video, Acosta is a total jerk and deserved to be kicked out. He adds nothing.

Acosta was banned because trump was upset with his questions. He expects ALL journalists to bow down and kiss his butt. I am betting some 'accident' will happen to Acosta.

Trump takes everything they throw at him, and tosses it right back. 68 questions from 36 reporters. Yeah, he is avoiding questions, that's a good one!

Compare that to Obama, who would rarely take questions, and when he did, he'd filibuster with 15 minute answers. You'd be lucky to get into double digits with questions from the most transparent administration ever, LOL!

true. Hopefully Pelosi will forget all that 'we go high' crap and will bury the bastard and all the republican butt kissers.

Pelosi would not comment on this...45427183_10210485204045470_6972366706219941888_n.jpg

It's pretty sad you'd lie about 'what I want'.
It's simply objective fact that they will have that power. What I want, and what you absolutely hate, is that the House will now function as a check on the executive...

The dysfunctional House will now be hyper dysfunctional, like the Democrat party. And be a useless doorstop. The party of "NO" is back!

This president is deplorable. Not even George W. Bush went this low.

I dunno. I remember once, in Bush's push to war with Iraq, Colin Powell presenting an aerial photo of a couple of semi trucks stating the were mobile chemical labs producing Iraq's WMD's, expecting all to believe that. (I could take a similar photo at a local truck stop.) I thought that was kind of shady. I would think that, given the amount of lives lost (on both sides) and all the money spent on the Iraq debacle, that trumps (pardon the pun) some fabricated video/lie about some news reporter. But that's just me.

The dysfunctional House will now be hyper dysfunctional, like the Democrat party. And be a useless doorstop. The party of "NO" is back!

Nope.

Just a different party of no.

Some of us have memories.

Watch the video again. Watch her arm and her body reaction to the pressure Acosta applied to her arm Acosta had no right to touch her without her permission. Acosta is an obnoxious self absorbed prick. Personally I hope he never gets his credentials back.

If I dive out in front of a jogger I'm not the one being assaulted. He bumped her arm because she stepped into his personal space while he was making a hand gesture.

Do you flip out and call the police when someone bumps into you at the grocery store because one of you wasn't watching where you were going?

Last edited:
If I dive out in front of a jogger I'm not the one being assaulted.
No one was jogging. The intern was doing her job it was time for Acosta to yield the mic to the next reporter. Acosta is an obnoxious prick that wants to hog time from other reporters he needs to learn a lesson and correct his pathetic behavior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom