• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House Official Floated Withdrawing U.S. Forces to Please Putin - The Daily Beast today

Which ironically may be due to nationalism. You're welcome.

However, you are wrong. Facism can arise under any and all forms of government. All it takes is for a few men/women placed on high to ignore the beginnings of it. Such as Antifa who, while crying about facism, are supporting facists and facist ideas. They're among the most contradictory groups I've ever known to exist....yet they have wide support.

That's a rightwhinge political opinion you are entitled to thx. It is held from that particular bent.

That's a rightwhinge political opinion you are entitled to thx. It is held from that particular bent.

It may very well be. But then again yours is nothing more than progressive nonsense so I think I'm holding out better than you in this case. ;)

Anyways: You do realize that it is pride in our advancements historically speaking, pride in our Constitution which still has yet to be matched to this day, pride in our Bill of Rights (including the 1st Amendment, and 2nd Amendment which if necessary would surely put a dead stop to facism actually taking hold) are all nationalist tendencies right? The very things that are preventing facism are the very things that are also nationalistic.

Again, you're welcome.

It may very well be. But then again yours is nothing more than progressive nonsense so I think I'm holding out better than you in this case. ;)

Anyways: You do realize that it is pride in our advancements historically speaking, pride in our Constitution which still has yet to be matched to this day, pride in our Bill of Rights (including the 1st Amendment, and 2nd Amendment which if necessary would surely put a dead stop to facism actually taking hold) are all nationalist tendencies right? The very things that are preventing facism are the very things that are also nationalistic.

Again, you're welcome.

Fitting quote, some give Huey Long some credit for this as well........

View attachment 67227084

How is it that when you post in spotted, broken English. That you can be taken just a tad bit more serious. Especially when you post long and clutter filled diatribes like this one?
This nationalism isn't extreme, so your attempts to make it seem so are pretty wasteful if I am to be honest. We have seen our country bend over backwards for the benefit of others and suffer horribly in the line of doing so. So the process of trying to take care of the issues we have on our soil, are no more extreme then the foreign policies run by even our last administration.

Along with the issue, that I haven't seen any conservative leaders come out and say that they want our country to run like Putin's already turns your sentiment inside out. Though, for some reason we have people telling us that this country was already great and that it doesn't need help to be great again. Even though the issues they say that are making it not great now, are the same issues that were prevalent back then, is nothing but a waste of breath.

Stating were fascism tends to come from, does not change the fact that we have had to deal with it recently in the US. We literally just got done with a year of people being punched, kicked and attacked with weapons. Simply because the other group didn't like what they were talking about. Not to mention one such group (BLM) was being supported by the current administration at that time and seeing as it more resembled an Oligarchy as well. Your more close to pointing out the fault in your very own reasoning.

If you still stink fascism cannot occur in institutions within the US. Then I suggest you do not visit colleges like Berkley. Where the very concept of free speech is almost entirely forgotten and the more conservative student bodies are threatened with (in most cases with physical or administrative force) to hold their own speech.

The first graf is good thx. I characterize as extreme the nationalism of Trump and the Trump Fanboyz and you said the opposite. My post was a discussion you mischaracterize as a "diatribe" that I contend is an extreme reaction to it.

Second graf fails to note two thingys. One is that Nazis have persistently been present in USA since the party wuz founded over there. However, until the Potus Trump called 'em "good people" they'd been marginalized rather than praised. While one swallow does not make a spring, one Trump the extreme nationalist does encourage fascism, to include their nationalism and their right wing populism. We've also had populism too but it is a presence rather than a dominant or deciding factor in most thingys most of the time.

The second thingy is that for many years American Conservatives have spoken favorably about Vladimir Putin. Indeed, Republicans and other rightwingers have sung the praises of the strong leader Putin over there in Czarist-Stalinist Russia. I could have retired a decade ago if I'd got a dime for each time the rightwhinge said Putin is playing chess while OB wuz playing checkers. And that Putin is a master strategist etc etc. The fact is Putin never played chess against anyone he couldn't put in jail. Or have shot. Or poisoned. That is the strong leader American Conservatives like -- liking that strong leader is bromancing tyranny.

The third graf is another first graf except the third has a certain scent to it that's also been around for a long time, which is that there is Constitutional speech and there is hate speech. Hate speech is not accepted because it is not acceptable. Youse over there don't accept that. Defining hate speech remains an undecided thingy to date which continues to be worked out. We can be optimistic. Trump for instance contributes mightily to recognizing hate speech because he does it each day -- and he always has.

Because this is the USA youse extreme nationalism can't ever get to the destructive level of Hegel and his notorious, "The state is the march of God through history." Even the U.S. armed forces vomit at the thought. Hegel anyway wuz a guy who walked around with a falcon on his shoulder a' la a serious Jack Sparrow kind of thingy. Youse are, rather, trying hard to assert the supremacy of purely aryan ideas, notions and maladies within the structure and system of the state. Indeed while we over here denounce Nazis youse over there denounce BLM. Yet while one is demented who calls Nazis "good people," Trump isn't necessarily a fascist. Trump and the Trump Fanboyz are American nationalists gone extreme. Or just gonzo.

Last edited:

Again, you're welcome.

Indeed and as I posted in scrolling USA institutions are too strong for Trump and the Trump Fanboyz to prevail. That we find the institutions of the society and culture in the Constitution is nothing new either. There are too many of us to include yourself of course who are aware and who possess all the credenda you itemize in the post.

Opinions as we know are nonsense across the board which is the nature of the beast. Which is why the majority rules. Unless of course we factor in the electoral college which failed us in 2016 -- not for the first time either. Yet the 2016 failure is a bust in the chops given it delivered Mr. Trump to us. Trump is a guy who lost the popular vote decidedly. Trump took his oath of office then wiped his ass with it. Trump knows what he's doing. So do His Fanboyz know. And we too know.

You're welcome indeed.

One again, you fill the page with as much useless wordage as last time and still barely managed to say anything prevalent. Diatribe, is a term I find severely lacking now it seems.

Firstly, he said there were people on both sides in Charlottesville, who were not with the counter protestors, or the alt-right. Which in how his wording of good people on both sides comes into play. For anyone to believe that he was saying that everyone who was in support of keeping the statue there, were all a part of the alt-right simply is sheer lunacy. There were actually good people who got dragged into that confrontation, from both sides. -let it go-

So instead of wanting to live in Putin's Russia, you are simply saying that they are now just plainly "Bromancing tyranny"?
What does that say about the Obama administration and to that extent, the DNC's questionable relationships with countries that treat minority's and even their own women like 2nd hand citizens, or at worst, even personal property?

Hate speech is protected under the promise of free speech, if you believe it isn't. Then that is your own personal hang up and if you do decide to do like many of the current liberal shills do and assault people simply because they said mean things. Then I will most likely laugh as you get carted off to jail, or at the very worst get shot. Though honestly, I may still just laugh at you in that case as well.
This "gaf" as you call it, is still not going anywhere. No matter how many words you throw at it.

Once again, you keep repeating the same broken information. That actually has no researchable evidence.
Though if you bothered to look, you would see that we denounce BLM, because in all honesty that group doesn't even care about actual Black Lives and was more interested in hate then it was for figuring something out. Much like how Antifa and BLM are to be considered terrorist organizations here in the states, especially Antifa. We fight back against such fascism with a gusto and with the full extent of the law.
I don't see where you are getting your information about the armed forces, so its most likely you are pulling it out of thin air like the rest of your post. Though I do know that as a former serviceman and knowing those that still serve, they are still loyal to the office with no indicated fall between ethnicities.

We have never submitted the supremacy of Aryan ideas, ideals, or causes.
Though your desperation to somehow paint those you don't like as Nazis, is still at least entertaining.

If you can do nothing but regurgitate the same rehashed things, you really aren't getting much done.

One again, you fill the page with as much useless wordage as last time and still barely managed to say anything prevalent. Diatribe, is a term I find severely lacking now it seems.

Firstly, he said there were people on both sides in Charlottesville, who were not with the counter protestors, or the alt-right. Which in how his wording of good people on both sides comes into play. For anyone to believe that he was saying that everyone who was in support of keeping the statue there, were all a part of the alt-right simply is sheer lunacy. There were actually good people who got dragged into that confrontation, from both sides. -let it go-

So instead of wanting to live in Putin's Russia, you are simply saying that they are now just plainly "Bromancing tyranny"?
What does that say about the Obama administration and to that extent, the DNC's questionable relationships with countries that treat minority's and even their own women like 2nd hand citizens, or at worst, even personal property?

Hate speech is protected under the promise of free speech, if you believe it isn't. Then that is your own personal hang up and if you do decide to do like many of the current liberal shills do and assault people simply because they said mean things. Then I will most likely laugh as you get carted off to jail, or at the very worst get shot. Though honestly, I may still just laugh at you in that case as well.
This "gaf" as you call it, is still not going anywhere. No matter how many words you throw at it.

Once again, you keep repeating the same broken information. That actually has no researchable evidence.
Though if you bothered to look, you would see that we denounce BLM, because in all honesty that group doesn't even care about actual Black Lives and was more interested in hate then it was for figuring something out. Much like how Antifa and BLM are to be considered terrorist organizations here in the states, especially Antifa. We fight back against such fascism with a gusto and with the full extent of the law.
I don't see where you are getting your information about the armed forces, so its most likely you are pulling it out of thin air like the rest of your post. Though I do know that as a former serviceman and knowing those that still serve, they are still loyal to the office with no indicated fall between ethnicities.

We have never submitted the supremacy of Aryan ideas, ideals, or causes.
Though your desperation to somehow paint those you don't like as Nazis, is still at least entertaining.

If you can do nothing but regurgitate the same rehashed things, you really aren't getting much done.

It's almost all didactic down spiraling up there in a post that is separated by only some sporadic roaming. I suggest going back to square one as a resolution, i.e., discuss the issues and the arguments rather than the posters thx. Virtually all your posts are about the poster so I take this opportunity to point this out and to encourage better posting thx. Try to minimize the many bad habits hanging around.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/white-house-official-floated-withdrawing-us-forces-to-please-putin

A member of Trump’s National Security Council staff had a radical notion: to pare back American troops in Europe as a way to curry favor with the Kremlin.

SPENCER ACKERMAN
01.09.18 7:00 PM ET

A senior National Security Council official proposed withdrawing some U.S. military forces from Eastern Europe as an overture to Vladimir Putin during the early days of the Trump presidency, according to two former administration officials.

While the proposal was ultimately not adopted, it is the first known case of senior aides to Donald Trump seeking to reposition U.S. military forces to please Putin—something that smelled, to a colleague, like a return on Russia’s election-time investment in President Trump. The White House did not immediately respond to The Daily Beast’s request for comment.

The official who offered the proposal, a deputy assistant to Trump for strategic planning, mused in February 2017 about withdrawing U.S. troops close to Russian borders as part of a strategy proposal to “refram[e] our interests within the context of a new relationship with Russia,” the former official told The Daily Beast, who heard this directly from the official, Kevin Harrington.

Harrington is the NSC’s senior official for strategic planning. He had neither military experience nor significant government experience before joining the White House. But he had an influential credential: As a managing director for the Thiel Macro hedge fund, he was close to Trump patron and ally Peter Thiel. Trump’s first national security adviser, retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, announced Harrington’s arrival in early February as part of a “talented group” ready to bring “fresh ideas to the table.”
==============================================================================================
Collusion? What collusion? Blackmail? What blackmail? Why was the Trump NSC looking at ways to please Putin as soon as they moved in?

So were they removed?
Your TDS is getting out of control you should get it checked.

No one even considered this as an option.

A very extensive, informative (and truly frightening) article. I hope someone sics Mueller on this Harrison guy.

For what making a stupid suggestion that no one considered?

Few problems.

1: Assuming there is truth to this: Someone proposes something which is dismissed by pretty much everyone and this feeds into your fear somehow? Why?

2: Just un-named sources...again. Nothing to back up what those "sources" said. I have no problem with un-named sources....so long as those un-named sources bring proof with them. You know, like what happened with Nixon?

3: It's the Daily Beast. They're about as dependable as CNN or Fox. Which is to say...they're not dependable at all.

I think what this also points to is who the master-mind of this proposal is. It's Kevin Harrington, who was formerly managing director of Thiel Macro LLC, a hedge fund. Harrington has no experience or knowledge in foreign policy and is ill suited for the National Security Council. So, instead of hiring the best, Trump, once again hired the connected. In this case, to float an idea that would be devastating to national security.

For what?

For what?
Floating an idea that never goes anywhere and isn't taken seriously.
For possibly holding an opinion that disagrees with the left's narrative, of course.

Leave it to the left to (mis) use government power against those who have the temerity to have differing opinions, not holding the same opinion as their betters, their overlords. Such independent though is intolerable to the political left, don't'cha' know?

I think what this also points to is who the master-mind of this proposal is. It's Kevin Harrington, who was formerly managing director of Thiel Macro LLC, a hedge fund. Harrington has no experience or knowledge in foreign policy and is ill suited for the National Security Council. So, instead of hiring the best, Trump, once again hired the connected. In this case, to float an idea that would be devastating to national security.

But it was ok when Clinton did it?

For what?
Floating an idea that never goes anywhere and isn't taken seriously.
For possibly holding an opinion that disagrees with the left's narrative, of course.

Leave it to the left to (mis) use government power against those who have the temerity to have differing opinions, not holding the same opinion as their betters, their overlords. Such independent though is intolerable to the political left, don't'cha' know?

If this happened under Obama you would be singing a different tune. You would have been asking how someone from a hedge fund lands a job on the National Security Council. You then would be calling for that person to be removed -- and of course, you would have crucified Obama for appointing such an unqualified person in the first place.

But it was ok when Clinton did it?

The Clinton administration successfully persuaded Russia to withdraw troops from the Baltic Republics of Estonia and Latvia in 1994. That's what they are supposed to do in our interests.

The Clinton administration successfully persuaded Russia to withdraw troops from the Baltic Republics of Estonia and Latvia in 1994. That's what they are supposed to do in our interests.

I was talking Hillary Clinton; when she put that tech clown on her intel team.

If this happened under Obama you would be singing a different tune. You would have been asking how someone from a hedge fund lands a job on the National Security Council. You then would be calling for that person to be removed -- and of course, you would have crucified Obama for appointing such an unqualified person in the first place.

So 'whataboutism' is all you got?

There are a lot of bad ideas that don't get anywhere in every administration, hell, every organization, and yes, in the Obama administration as well. It's both inevitable and unavoidable, and a non-foul, and actually, part of organizations being normal.

Should bad ideas get traction, move forward beyond the talking stage, that's a much different story.

That they don't get anywhere makes them a non-issue, yet this is the petard you wish to be hoisted on? OK, I guess. Your call.

You really think that's an equivalence? She didn't put him on the Nat'l Security Council.

But of course.
Yet another desperate and hilarious attempt to deflect stupid Trump **** by waving the Hillary flag.
There is just so much stupid Trump **** these days.
Bwaahaahaahaa!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/white-house-official-floated-withdrawing-us-forces-to-please-putin

A member of Trump’s National Security Council staff had a radical notion: to pare back American troops in Europe as a way to curry favor with the Kremlin.

SPENCER ACKERMAN
01.09.18 7:00 PM ET

A senior National Security Council official proposed withdrawing some U.S. military forces from Eastern Europe as an overture to Vladimir Putin during the early days of the Trump presidency, according to two former administration officials.

While the proposal was ultimately not adopted, it is the first known case of senior aides to Donald Trump seeking to reposition U.S. military forces to please Putin—something that smelled, to a colleague, like a return on Russia’s election-time investment in President Trump. The White House did not immediately respond to The Daily Beast’s request for comment.

The official who offered the proposal, a deputy assistant to Trump for strategic planning, mused in February 2017 about withdrawing U.S. troops close to Russian borders as part of a strategy proposal to “refram[e] our interests within the context of a new relationship with Russia,” the former official told The Daily Beast, who heard this directly from the official, Kevin Harrington.

Harrington is the NSC’s senior official for strategic planning. He had neither military experience nor significant government experience before joining the White House. But he had an influential credential: As a managing director for the Thiel Macro hedge fund, he was close to Trump patron and ally Peter Thiel. Trump’s first national security adviser, retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, announced Harrington’s arrival in early February as part of a “talented group” ready to bring “fresh ideas to the table.”
==============================================================================================
Collusion? What collusion? Blackmail? What blackmail? Why was the Trump NSC looking at ways to please Putin as soon as they moved in?

“I [personally] did not take it to the president because the White House is the leakiest ship possible and can you imagine how that would have looked,” the former administration official stressed. This source could not confirm if anyone else had brought the proposal to President Trump.

Happens when you have inexperienced people in positions like this.

Notice it says "and a cross"? Religion isn't known for freedom ya know. ;)

Ah, but if the religion is the ‘correct one,’ it will make you free.......

Ah, but if the religion is the ‘correct one,’ it will make you free.......

That is something only an individual can determine. Myself I don't follow any organized religion as they're all money grabbers and power hungry idiots.

That is something only an individual can determine. Myself I don't follow any organized religion as they're all money grabbers and power hungry idiots.

You need to expand your tunnel vision. Let me see about a little word substitution, in place of organized religion, let’s put

1) Corporations
2) Politicians
3) Lawyers
4) Lobbyists
5) Charities (some exceptions)

I can probably come up with a few more given a little time......

Back
Top Bottom