• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Which way is the woman turning?

Which way is the woman turning?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It would seem that the left brain sees it as clockwise. That is the individual being objective and looking at parts.

It would seem that the left brain sees it as clockwise. That is the individual being objective and looking at parts.

Nope. The idea is that if you are seeing it clockwise then you are predominately right brained.

Interesting. After voting for counter-clockwise I spent some more time just staring at one point of the animation and now I can make it spin either direction. I find that I can do this by staring at the point where both of her legs cross near the knees.

It's actually quite deceiving, she does not change direction....

She's spinning clockwise, and her shadow is spinning counter-clockwise.

:)

It's actually quite deceiving, she does not change direction....

She's spinning clockwise, and her shadow is spinning counter-clockwise.

:)

Incorrect! The answer is....she's not spinning at all.

She appears to be going clockwise as she is on her way up and counterclockwise on her way down.

I have rarely seen so nice a rack on an optical illusion.

4 Right
7 Left

I don't care what you guys say about the dancing chick...she is going clockwise. I've stared at the thing for 10 minutes, come back, looked again. She's going clockwise.

Move her up to the top of your screen so you only see her feet and a bunch of other crap under her. Look at the crap under her, barely looking at her feet. Concentrate on the stuff under her. In your head imagine her going the other way. Feel the spinning in your head. It really helps if you imagine you are spinning the other way. She'll change. Once she changes you'll know instantly. Then bring her back down on the screen so you see the whole dancing body. Once you can do it you can make it happen at will fairly easily.

Anyway as for the test I got 11 L 5 R.

4 Right
7 Left

I don't care what you guys say about the dancing chick...she is going clockwise. I've stared at the thing for 10 minutes, come back, looked again. She's going clockwise.

If you look at her shadow and then look at her again she goes from Counter to Clockwise...It's like when a car goes so fast that the tires look like they're spinning backwards.

She's really just a flip flopping image and your brain just decides to "see" her as spinning one way or another when she's not spinning at all, I think. For some reason getting rid of her "full image" and only looking at the bottom helps your brain change. If yo move the image up so high on your screen that you only see one foot, the pivoting foot, it's easy. You can even get her stuck so she swings back and forth for a brief moment before resuming the "spin."

Sure it can. The side with her boobs is the "front," and the side with her ponytail is the "back." At any given time, you can tell what direction she is facing using these as references.

True but false. Yes, she has breasts and a butt. That's plain to see. But because there is no tonality to the colors, we cannot at any given time determine which one is "farther" from us at any point. She is a solid color - just a shadow.

She's turning, and there is a front, and there is a back. However, one can't positively identify which one is closest to us at any given moment, and therefore we can't definitively say which direction she is spinning.

I don't know how it works but it's not the animation changing because you can "make" it happen.

I noticed the same thing. I could change her direction in my mind at will, usually by focusing on different parts of the shadow or by covering part of the animation.

Also, since Adrian gave the answer, I get to say "Called it!"

Bold mine. When you gave up, you switched which hemisphere of the brain you were working with.

-----------------------

If you see this lady turning in clockwise you are using your right brain. If you see it the other way, you are using left brain. Some people do see both ways, but most people see it only one way.

See if you can make her go one way and then the other by shifting the brain's current.
BOTH DIRECTIONS CAN BE SEEN

Experimentation has shown that the two different sides, or hemispheres, of the brain are responsible for different manners of thinking. The following table illustrates the differences between left-brain and right-brain thinking:

Left Brain------------------Right Brain

Logical ------------------- Random
Sequential------------------Intuitive
Rational---------------------Holistic
Analytical-------------------Synthesizing
Obejctive--------------------Subjective
Looks at--------------------Looks at
parts----------------------wholes

Most individuals have a distinct preference for one of these styles of thinking. Some, however, are more whole-brained and equally adept at both modes. In general, schools tend to favor left-brain modes of thinking, while downplaying the right-brain ones. Left-brain scholastic subjects focus on logical thinking, analysis, and accuracy. Right-brained subjects, on the other hand, focus on aesthetics, feeling, and creativity

------------------------

If this test is indeed reflective of which side of the brain one is predominately disposed to, I wanted to see if one's political leanings were related to which hemisphere of the brain one uses. The results (thus far) have been nothing at all what I expected.

I'm not sure I buy into all that right brain/ left brain crap. These tests are awfully inconsistent. When I first saw her she was spinning clockwise so I was using my right brain in the beginning. According to Grannies test I favor my left brain. Took some other tests and some say I'm right brained, some say left. I think it's all bull$hit and we use whatever parts of our brain we need for the task at hand. Only favoring a side when an activity calls for it.

She's really just a flip flopping image and your brain just decides to "see" her as spinning one way or another when she's not spinning at all, I think. For some reason getting rid of her "full image" and only looking at the bottom helps your brain change. If yo move the image up so high on your screen that you only see one foot, the pivoting foot, it's easy. You can even get her stuck so she swings back and forth for a brief moment before resuming the "spin."

I can't make it happen. I think I'm defective. :lol:

I can't make it happen. I think I'm defective. :lol:

Well you know those images that you stare out and eventually, according to EVERYONE but me, something supposedly POPS out of the image all 3D like in the air. And the image that pops out has nothing to do usually with the image you see straight up, so people can't lie. They have to know the secret image that pops out. Anyway those NEVER work for me. Not once. Whatever part of your brain does that....I don't have. I'm missing some pathways or something cause I have never successfully seen anything "pop" out.

Of course you are. You're a gay Christian. ;)

:lol:

:rofl

Jall, try scrolling up so only her foot is showing and then concentrate on the bottom right hand of your screen, so you're not focusing on her at all.

Well you know those images that you stare out and eventually, according to EVERYONE but me, something supposedly POPS out of the image all 3D like in the air. And the image that pops out has nothing to do usually with the image you see straight up, so people can't lie. They have to know the secret image that pops out. Anyway those NEVER work for me. Not once. Whatever part of your brain does that....I don't have. I'm missing some pathways or something cause I have never successfully seen anything "pop" out.

Once you do it once, you'll see how easy it is and be able to do it again. If you're not able to see it outright, it's just a matter of learning how to see it. You have to look through the picture. Don't focus on the image you see, focus either behind it or in front of it. Like... if the picture is framed and there's a piece of glass in front of it, focus on some small reflection in the glass. You'll eventually see the 3D image come into view.

You can also do it by really, really relaxing your eyes and making the main image "blurry". (thus, out of focus... which is really the key)

Once you do it once, you'll see how easy it is and be able to do it again. If you're not able to see it outright, it's just a matter of learning how to see it. You have to look through the picture. Don't focus on the image you see, focus either behind it or in front of it. Like... if the picture is framed and there's a piece of glass in front of it, focus on some small reflection in the glass. You'll eventually see the 3D image come into view.

You can also do it by really, really relaxing your eyes and making the main image "blurry". (thus, out of focus... which is really the key)

No, back when those things were all the rage I tried and tried. I'm stubborn as a mule and I gave that $hit my all. I simply can't do it. I'm sore about till this day. :( Not being able to do something drives me nuts. I have very bad eyesight though so I try to blame it on that vs. a brain defect. Makes me feel better. :)

I'm all about those magic eye posters. I can glance at them and see whats in them. This chick is spinning clockwise. I'm just gonna stick with that because, honestly, I am getting a headache from trying.

So your like that guy on Mallrats?

Back
Top Bottom