• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which scenario is racism?

Simple question. Which guy is racist and practicing racism?

• A.) Black guy owns Ford Dealership, he won't hire whites because he thinks all whites are dishonest

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No need, the definitions from multiple dictionaries were provided. The superior part is NOT needed so your assumption is wrong. Also not to mention that LOGICALLY if the people in the example believe the other race has flaws and their race does not (hence their hiring practices) how wouldn't that fit your NOT needed qualifier of thinking their race is superior. The race they are hiring is their own because they think theirs is better and doesn't contain the flaw. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with ;)

Some of us are formally educated while others are media educated. With formal education we rarely compose sentences like

"You're just obviously not cognizant enough..."
or
"..maybe it's a lack of education on how english works."

With a media education (and obvious lack of formal understanding of English grammar) any typing can be validated with link-of-choice. But I know where you are coming from and, in some in depth after reading of this entire thread, I also see that you are defending the indefensible which is what the media does to a normally healthy brain.
I can list a variety of text books that define racism with some form of racial inferiority or superiority component but you can supply links to alt-truth definitions and in your mind (small media education), that is all the is required. For anyone with a modicum of erudition it is obvious that you are practicing alt-truth. Simplistic reasoning leads to simplistic poll questions and you have not failed in that respect.

I shall therefore stick with my response which is, when expanded, that there is a SIGNIFICANT difference between racism and racial bias but you will never understand this because your professor, Dr.(cable news channel of choice), has taught you different, by god.

You fail, Sparky

Some of us are formally educated while others are media educated. With formal education we rarely compose sentences like

or

With a media education (and obvious lack of formal understanding of English grammar) any typing can be validated with link-of-choice. But I know where you are coming from and, in some in depth after reading of this entire thread, I also see that you are defending the indefensible which is what the media does to a normally healthy brain.
I can list a variety of text books that define racism with some form of racial inferiority or superiority component but you can supply links to alt-truth definitions and in your mind (small media education), that is all the is required. For anyone with a modicum of erudition it is obvious that you are practicing alt-truth. Simplistic reasoning leads to simplistic poll questions and you have not failed in that respect.

I shall therefore stick with my response which is, when expanded, that there is a SIGNIFICANT difference between racism and racial bias but you will never understand this because your professor, Dr.(cable news channel of choice), has taught you different, by god.

You fail, Sparky

Wow, you are an interesting....what ever you are.

Still hasn't happen hahahahaha. You're still losing bad and your lies are failing, PLEASE continue :)

I'm not lying. I'm pointing out that you're obviously talking about something that is beyond your ability to comprehend but, please, keep doubling down and showing how much you're out of your depth.

or

You fail, Sparky

You can stick to whatever opinions, deflections and theories you want, I'll be sticking with facts and actual definitions for the win HAHAHA The fact remains that both guys in the scenario are racist and practicing racism. WHen you have anything that changes that fact please present it. Ready? GO!

I'm not lying. I'm pointing out that you're obviously talking about something that is beyond your ability to comprehend but, please, keep doubling down and showing how much you're out of your depth.

And yet can't produce ONE single fact that makes it true :D I wonder why? PLEASE continue, this is fun.

And yet can't produce ONE single fact that makes it true :D I wonder why? PLEASE continue, this is fun.

I already have...it sailed comfortably over your head. Let's see if it happens again.

Is the correct answer to your poll "C"?

I already have...it sailed comfortably over your head. Let's see if it happens again.

Is the correct answer to your poll "C"?

Another post and zero facts to back up your claim. I love it. Yes the correct answer is C as proven by facts and definitions, Please post one fact that makes C an incorrect answer. Ready? GO!

Not possible since the field is just nonsense.

There is a lot of nonsense there but there is actually some valid study that can be done in the field. It's just full of a bunch of other ridiculous stuff as well.

Another post and zero facts to back up your claim. I love it. Yes the correct answer is C as proven by facts and definitions, Please post one fact that makes C an incorrect answer. Ready? GO!

OK...here we have you stating in the affirmative that the correct answer is "C", which means a definition that makes "B" the only correct answer and "A" and "C" wrong would be incorrect. Do you agree that someone saying that B is the only correct answer is wrong?

OK...here we have you stating in the affirmative that the correct answer is "C", which means a definition that makes "B" the only correct answer and "A" and "C" wrong would be incorrect.
There is no definition that make C wrong, that's why you are failing so incredibly bad. SO NO I have NEVER done what you claim. This is why when I challenged you to produce a definition that makes C a wrong answer you STILL haven't done it HAHAHA. Let us know when you can, thank you.
Do you agree that someone saying that B is the only correct answer is wrong?
By definition if they say that they are factually wrong. Once again I challenge you you if such a definition exists provided it.For some reason you keep dodging this request. Ready GO!

Sorry but there no amount of spin you can post that stops it from fitting to a T. You are simply choosing what you want it to mean based on your subjectivity. I'll simply stick with what is actually said.

I demonstrated you are incorrect, and I showed my work, quite clearly.

By claiming "ugh, that's spin!", you are forfeiting. Stick to being wrong, it suits you.

*Also, you didn't respond as to why there was no "other" and "neither" options. Your poll, just like your argument, is flawed.

Again, I agree with you about the larger picture - globally and nationally. We have no argument there about racism and power.

I think you are ignoring a very solid reality here: Public schools and city administrations are indeed centers of power... they have power over thousands of employees and control vast amounts of public money funding by taxpayers. They are government or services of government. And I gave you a very real situation in a very real American city with very real American citizens who are indeed disadvantaged by racial policies passed by majority African American powerful persons in charge of those areas.

White teachers in a situation like I described are NOT being disadvantaged as individuals but as members of a group that they belong to because of their race. How is that any different than white persons in positions of power disadvantaging African Americans because of their race?

You are making very good arguments here. It indeed can be local. And if local is big enough it indeed can have far-reaching impact. The other poster, I believe, is glossing over them simply because they don't neatly fit with how he desires the answer to be.

You are making very good arguments here. It indeed can be local. And if local is big enough it indeed can have far-reaching impact. The other poster, I believe, is glossing over them simply because they don't neatly fit with how he desires the answer to be.

Thank you for your observations. I believe that there is a tendency from some to want to pretend that minorities cannot fall prey to the same foibles and weaknesses that the white majority did when they controlled positions of power and used them to the advantage of their fellow whites at the expense of minorities. This stems from all the right motivations and attitudes from wanting to do the right thing to help the oppressed or the discriminated against and in our society that has largely been African Americans for hundreds of years. So it is normal and natural and very understandable that such attitudes exist.

However, they ignore the reality that African Americans are now the majority in many big cities and they are exercising much of the same power that whites did when they were the majority. And in places like Detroit they openly and publicly use that power to benefit their fellow African Americans at the expense of whites and others. I gave several real life examples of this and I believe they are beyond dispute that they exist.

What do do about this is simple - racial discrimination is wrong and should be stopped regardless of which race is in power. No other solution is acceptable.

Thank you for your observations. I believe that there is a tendency from some to want to pretend that minorities cannot fall prey to the same foibles and weaknesses that the white majority did when they controlled positions of power and used them to the advantage of their fellow whites at the expense of minorities. This stems from all the right motivations and attitudes from wanting to do the right thing to help the oppressed or the discriminated against and in our society that has largely been African Americans for hundreds of years. So it is normal and natural and very understandable that such attitudes exist.

However, they ignore the reality that African Americans are now the majority in many big cities and they are exercising much of the same power that whites did when they were the majority. And in places like Detroit they openly and publicly use that power to benefit their fellow African Americans at the expense of whites and others. I gave several real life examples of this and I believe they are beyond dispute that they exist.

What do do about this is simple - racial discrimination is wrong and should be stopped regardless of which race is in power. No other solution is acceptable.

Agreed on all points.

I'm with ya. Ultimate effect may vary from locality to locality, and based on scale, sure, but people are people, and the inner motivation is often the same regardless of the end result. It's the inner motivation, the foundation of the issue, that is the problem.

I'm with ya. Ultimate effect may vary from locality to locality, and based on scale, sure, but people are people, and the inner motivation is often the same regardless of the end result. It's the inner motivation, the foundation of the issue, that is the problem.

Fundamentally, we are all tribal in nature and by instinct. Primitive man was dominated and ruled by this imperative and did not know any better. Wanting to help your own tribe was wise since it meant protection and security for you as well. However, as man evolved and became far more intellectual and civilized, we have learned how to deal with the negative aspects of tribalism and have made efforts to overcome that instinct and go beyond it. At least many have.

But that tribal instinct is still there just the same and is not going to simply vanish. And that is why we have a Constitution to make sure it does not rear its ugly head and cause people to be discriminated against.

Fundamentally, we are all tribal in nature and by instinct. Primitive man was dominated and ruled by this imperative and did not know any better. Wanting to help your own tribe was wise since it meant protection and security for you as well. However, as man evolved and became far more intellectual and civilized, we have learned how to deal with the negative aspects of tribalism and have made efforts to overcome that instinct and go beyond it. At least many have.

But that tribal instinct is still there just the same and is not going to simply vanish. And that is why we have a Constitution to make sure it does not rear its ugly head and cause people to be discriminated against.
I cannot add anything. But I will. :2razz: What you describe can also be labeled as selfishness. And I don't mean that in the usual negative connotation. Selfishness is on some levels a form of instinctual survival. That's human nature. Hell, that animal nature, as well. Where selfishness goes awry is when developed beings, i.e. humans, no longer need to survive per se, and become selfish out of greed.

Excellent post. I just might steal some of your wording here someday.

I cannot add anything. But I will. :2razz: What you describe can also be labeled as selfishness. And I don't mean that in the usual negative connotation. Selfishness is on some levels a form of instinctual survival. That's human nature. Hell, that animal nature, as well. Where selfishness goes awry is when developed beings, i.e. humans, no longer need to survive per se, and become selfish out of greed.

Excellent post. I just might steal some of your wording here someday.

Thank you for the compliment ... consider it now belongs to you. :peace

B.) White guy owns a Ford Dealership, he won't hire blacks because he thinks all blacks are lazy 46.56%
d0gbreath, ecofarm, Jaygodmedia, rabbitcaebannog

What's up with these four? Both scenarios are obviously racism.

I demonstrated you are incorrect, and I showed my work, quite clearly.

By claiming "ugh, that's spin!", you are forfeiting. Stick to being wrong, it suits you.

*Also, you didn't respond as to why there was no "other" and "neither" options. Your poll, just like your argument, is flawed.

Only in fantasy land did you do such, not in real life and reality based on facts and definitions. Your claims, just like your opinion is flawed :)

, not in real life and reality based on facts and definitions. Your claims, just like your opinion is flawed :)

I clearly posted, in reality, the definitions YOU YOURSELF USED.
And I ldetailed my work.

Yet all you can muster up is "your opinion is flawed"? That's a forfeiture, and until you grow up in your response, I suppose that's all we'll get out of you, a losing quitter without the grace to admit you were wrong.

Simple question. Which guy is racist and practicing racism?

A.) Black guy owns Ford Dealership, he won't hire whites because he thinks all whites are dishonest
B.) White guy owns a Ford Dealership, he won't hire blacks because he thinks all blacks are lazy
C.) Both A and B

It is going to be racist any time we judge somebody by the color of their skin rather than who they are as a person. And I don't care who is doing the judging.

I clearly posted, in reality, the definitions YOU YOURSELF USED.
And I ldetailed my work.

Yet all you can muster up is "your opinion is flawed"? That's a forfeiture, and until you grow up in your response, I suppose that's all we'll get out of you, a losing quitter without the grace to admit you were wrong.

I'm sure your "feel" that way and you have that opinion it just doesn't make it so :shrug: I'll be sticking to the facts and you are free to have your feelings.

It is going to be racist any time we judge somebody by the color of their skin rather than who they are as a person. And I don't care who is doing the judging.

100% correct and support by the definition of the words racist and racism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom