• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When deportation is a death sentence

1 I blame Mexico for being so corrupt that they know who is getting deported and inform drug gangs about who to take out.

2 I blame my government for turning a blind eye toward Salvadoran gang violence spilling into this country.

1 How do you know that actually happens?
2. Good. I agree, place blame where blame belongs.

Thank you for repeating the salient points....

When one is here ILLEGALLY one runs the chance of being DEPORTED. This is true.

And if you are here ILLEGALLY and driving ILLEGALLY don't be surprised if you are DEPORTED. This is true.

And if you are here ILLEGALLY you are also likely to have no insurance on your vehicle which is also ILLEGAL in many jurisdictions. This is true.

And if you are here ILLEGALLY and working the too is ILLEGAL. This is true.

Perhaps she should have come across LEGALLY to avoid all those issues. This is true.

and you should drive within the LEGAL speed limit, so you're even.

1 How do you know that actually happens?

How did the ex-husband know that she was deported and where to find her?

2. Good. I agree, place blame where blame belongs.

So you agree that we need to protect our border to ensure MS-13 isn't coming in here?

How did the ex-husband know that she was deported and where to find her?

Because she moved in with her grandmother in the same town where her ex lived.

So you agree that we need to protect our border to ensure MS-13 isn't coming in here?

Of course! We already have enough MS13, enough F14, enough Bloods, enough other assorted gangs. But, there's a difference between violent gangs and people fleeing violent gangs, don't you think?

To make a long story short, no one called her mom, she was deported without a hearing, and her ex tortured and killed her.

And, she's not alone.

Read more here

Some of them are, I assume, good people. Yes, and some of those good people are fleeing bad people.

That sucks but is pretty random... meaning not an actual death sentence that anybody could foresee...

That's her ex's fault as well as her home country's failure to enforce it's own laws. nobody elses.

Seeing these type of conments, makes me really uncomfortable on a personal level. I was always worried about a Muslim ban and wondered if my neighbors or coworkers would care about me and my family possibly get caught up and effected. This type of attitude makes me really uncomfortable. Enforcing the law could be a matter of me having to live elsewhere and that was on my mind. If something would happen, nice knowing some people could be so flippant.

This is a huge disconnect when talking to other people. You tend to tell me my fear is MSM trick. For some people, this makes us very uncomfortable. If you think about refugees and everybody else caught up, you don't know what people are actually worried about.

Last edited:
That's her ex's fault as well as her home country's failure to enforce it's own laws. nobody elses.

And so you - knowing full well that if she were deported back to her home country, that she would be killed - would nonetheless send her back. How very pro-life of you!

There was a time when we accepted the tired, the poor, the wretched refuse to our shores with open arms, and they helped build America to what she is today. But now...it's "we're deporting you, and we really don't care if you're killed the second you step foot back into your home country." And some people here think that's something to be proud of.

on doing t hings that are ILLEGAL.
or illegal, if you prefer.

And this has what to do with being here ILLEGALLY and being deported because you are here ILLEGALLY?

If I break the speed law and get caught and punished I am smart enough to know the punishment resulted from breaking the law.

If someone breaks the immigration laws and gets caught and deported you SHOULD be smart enough to know the DEPORTATION resulted from breaking the immigration law.

To make a long story short, no one called her mom, she was deported without a hearing, and her ex tortured and killed her.

And, she's not alone.

Read more here

Some of them are, I assume, good people. Yes, and some of those good people are fleeing bad people.

This type of thing also happens routinely with American-born citizens... an ex violates an RO, and the police either do nothing or unwillingly facilitate it. I feel for her, but I'm not sure why this is somehow so special. The current immigration brouhaha?

Last edited:
Oh. So, driving illegally, being in the US illegally, we should just kill them all. Am I getting it now?

we didn't kill them and your appeal to emotion fallacy at this point is getting old.

Even if she would have had the restraining order it has no affect outside this country.
It also will have little affect on an immigration hearing as it would not be enough to trigger amnesty.

She could have requested an amnesty hearing but she still would have been detained.

In any event it is up to her countries government to protect her from her ex not us.
even in the US there is little that cops can do in domestic disputes unless they turn violent.

any court would have viewed this the same way as a domestic dispute to be handled by the local government.

And the US is just gonna deport her, knowing full well what could happen?

we cannot predict what will or will not happen.
She didn't have to go back to where he was.

She could have gone somewhere else. I am sure she had relatives in another place.
She didn't just get off the plane and there he was.

It's not really that cut and dry. Under amnesty laws, knowingly sending an immigrant - illegal or otherwise - back to a situation where there's a high probability that they will be tortured or killed, is humanitarianly unethical. Just because the Fed du jour is showing flagrant disregard for this fact does not mean it's cut and dry. If it's always the fault of the destination country or "somebody else" then amnesty laws are pointless and we should just stop caring about all non-citizens passing through our country.

But it's not supposed to work that way, according to treaty conventions. It's just that the current POTUS Admin has turned immigration into a black and white issue while completely disregarding all prior precedent and the protocols of its own departments. Being one of the most powerful countries on earth gives us the ability to ignore our own rules like that, but if it were a smaller nation they could be facing economic sanctions.

If there's no due process, then it's not a just system. Just because there are multiple bad guys in this story doesn't excuse our own failings.

There was no failings by us. Unless you believe we should stop enforcing our laws.

Seeing these type of conments, makes me really uncomfortable on a personal level. I was always worried about a Muslim ban and wondered if my neighbors or coworkers would care about me and my family possibly get caught up and effected. This type of attitude makes me really uncomfortable. Enforcing the law could be a matter of me having to live elsewhere and that was on my mind. If something would happen, nice knowing some people could be so flippant.

This is a huge disconnect when talking to other people. You tend to tell me my fear is MSM trick. For some people, this makes us very uncomfortable. If you think about refugees and everybody else caught up, you don't know what people are actually worried about.

There is nothing to fear unless you are breaking our laws.

This type of thing also happens routinely with American-born citizens... an ex violates an RO, and the police either do nothing or unwillingly facilitate it. I feel for her, but I'm not sure why this is somehow so special. The current immigration brouhaha?

Probably the current immigration brouhaha, and the practice of routinely sending people back to face danger in their own countries.

we didn't kill them and your appeal to emotion fallacy at this point is getting old.

Even if she would have had the restraining order it has no affect outside this country.
It also will have little affect on an immigration hearing as it would not be enough to trigger amnesty.

She could have requested an amnesty hearing but she still would have been detained.

In any event it is up to her countries government to protect her from her ex not us.
even in the US there is little that cops can do in domestic disputes unless they turn violent.

any court would have viewed this the same way as a domestic dispute to be handled by the local government.

Well, murder does tend to become emotional, that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom