• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What the Mueller probe will prove.

MovingPictures

WE'LL DO IT LIVE!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
With the recent indictments in the Mueller probe I figured it would be interesting to get everyone's predictions.

Here's what I think the special counsel will NOT prove.

That there was a deep quid pro quo conspiracy between the Trump camp and the Russian government. I think when people talk about 'Russia' they use the term interchangeably with the Russian federation, and that's just not the way to look at things. There was no elegant plan that involved Putin, or some secret agreement between the two camps. Putin wouldn't give these clowns the time of day, nor would they be smart enough to be apart of something like that.

What I think the special counsel WILL prove.

That Russian nationals that are connected to the Kremlin informed Trump campaign officials of their efforts to help swing the election in their direction, in order to gain favor with Trump should he become president. This pushed the campaign in an explicitly favorable policy towards Russia regarding issues like NATO, the Ukraine, Maginstky act, 2014 sanctions, etc. It's really that simple -- no conspiracy.

Along the way Mueller will continue to uncover foreign bribery of campaign officials like Manafort, Flynn, and Page that predate the election. They will also prove that Trump and Kushner used the campaign as leverage to open the door to help get financing out of Russia for real estate ventures; like the Trump real estate projects in Russia that Sater and Cohen worked on behind the scenes.

We'll also start to see an emerging theme of the influence of foreign money on the Trump campaign, and possibly Podesta too. It's not just Russian money these guys are out for, it's the Ukraine, Middle East, China, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Turkey, or whoever else is willing to pay to play.

That's my prediction.

With the recent indictments in the Mueller probe I figured it would be interesting to get everyone's predictions.

That there was a deep quid pro quo conspiracy between the Trump camp and the Russian government. I think when people talk about 'Russia' they use the term interchangeably with the Russian federation, and that's just not the way to look at things. There was no elegant plan that involved Putin, or some secret agreement between the two camps. Putin wouldn't give these clowns the time of day, nor would they be smart enough to be apart of something like that.

That Russian nationals that are connected to the Kremlin informed Trump campaign officials of their efforts to help swing the election in their direction, in order to gain favor with Trump should he become president. This pushed the campaign in an explicitly favorable policy towards Russia regarding issues like NATO, the Ukraine, Maginstky act, 2014 sanctions, etc. It's really that simple -- no conspiracy.

Along the way Mueller will continue to uncover foreign bribery of campaign officials like Manafort, Flynn, and Page that predate the election. They will also prove that Trump and Kushner used the campaign as leverage to open the door to help get financing out of Russia for real estate ventures; like the Trump real estate projects in Russia that Sater and Cohen worked on behind the scenes.

We'll also start to see an emerging theme of the influence of foreign money on the Trump campaign, and possibly Podesta too. It's not just Russian money these guys are out for, it's the Ukraine, Middle East, China, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Turkey, or whoever else is willing to pay to play.

That's my prediction.

That the Elite Class were willing to burn America Down to Burn Trump OUT.

I will add that I believe Mueller will find that the Trump Organization is deeply indebted to Russian interests such that most of Trump's net worth exists only at the behest of those interests. As such, Trump is in violation of the emoluments clause of the US Constitution (since he is basically owned by the Russians)....

Or, real Americans are ready to sacrifice Trump to preserve the real America. While we appreciate much of the symbolism of the Trump presidency to his constituency, we suggest they simply picked the wrong leader. He can't drain the swamp, because he lives in a swamp.

Trump is a snake oil salesman. Those that wanted to drain the swamp bought snake oil as the remedy to their problem.

Or, real Americans are ready to sacrifice Trump to preserve the real America. While we appreciate much of the symbolism of the Trump presidency to his constituency, we suggest they simply picked the wrong leader. He can't drain the swamp, because he is the swamp.

It's a shame that you never understood him.

He tried.

He tried.

I understand him all too well. He is a snake oil salesman. You simply picked the wrong general to fight the right battle. I get the issue; he just isn't the solution.

He tried.

There's not much to understand. I know you have tried to tell us there's some Deep Meaning behind Trump, but there's not. He's an ignorant blowhard, and he IS the "elite" you rail against. He IS the "swamp."

I'm sorry you got suckered in by his bull****, but you should have been smart enough to know better. He's a huckster, a snake oil salesman, and you fell for it hook, line and sinker.

There's not much to understand. I know you have tried to tell us there's some Deep Meaning behind Trump, but there's not. He's an ignorant blowhard, and he IS the "elite" you rail against. He IS the "swamp."

I'm sorry you got suckered in by his bull****, but you should have been smart enough to know better. He's a huckster, a snake oil salesman, and you fell for it hook, line and sinker.

Ten months in and the SOB is still there, still chugging.

America is never going back to where we were B.T.

Trump is remodeling the joint.

SORRY

Last edited:

That's my prediction.

You forgot that we now know for sure that Trump knew the hacked DNC emails were in Russian hands in April 2016. The magnitude of that cannot be overstated. It means that Trump has been telling elaborate lies about his ties to Russia (ie hiding them) since April 2016. Why would he do that if there was nothing to hide?

Ten months in and the SOB is still there, still chugging.

America is never going back to where we were B.T.

Trump is remodeling the joint.

SORRY

I will never understand why you worship this trash so fervently.

You forgot that we now know for sure that Trump knew the hacked DNC emails were in Russian hands in April 2016. The magnitude of that cannot be overstated. It means that Trump has been telling elaborate lies about his ties to Russia (ie hiding them) since April 2016. Why would he do that if there was nothing to hide?

According to some and I am guessing this includes you Trump lies constantly.

You kinda gotta pick a story and stick with it.

Through thick and thin.

ITS A SKILL

As nearly as I can tell, a Trump supporter's response to this sort of question appears to be ......"mmft...Benghazi!!...pfllz...Uranium!!...umbm....E-mails!!!...".
Followed by muffled sobbing.

As nearly as I can tell, a Trump supporter's response to this sort of question appears to be ......"mmft...Benghazi!!...pfllz...Uranium!!...umbm....E-mails!!!...".
Followed by muffled sobbing.

How are things my California brother? Wrestling practice is just around the corner. Time to hit INTERMAT again. Cleveland will be a tough ticket next March. With all the internet and tv now has, and my Wife still two years to go, just going to focus on our kids.

I'll be guest teaching soon. I like reinventing the wheel before hitting the books. Parabolic Motion is fun but tough to teach. We'll be co-teaching but I'll have the white boards.

How's California recovering from the fires? I do miss the West every day ...

How are things my California brother? Wrestling practice is just around the corner. Time to hit INTERMAT again. Cleveland will be a tough ticket next March. With all the internet and tv now has, and my Wife still two years to go, just going to focus on our kids.
I'm busier than I would like to be. Took on a small---supposedly---short-term---supposedly project that looks as if it will last into the new year.
Grandkid responsibilities are in the mix, also.
As for wrestling, I'm mostly geared to the HS version nowadays. More offense, less stalling. We have an undefeated Hwt going for his 4th title in March.

I'll be guest teaching soon. I like reinventing the wheel before hitting the books. Parabolic Motion is fun but tough to teach. We'll be co-teaching but I'll have the white boards.
I'm glad for you. You seem a little more content of late. I hope I'm right about that.

How's California recovering from the fires? I do miss the West every day ...
Cleanup and recovery underway. Terrible losses though. Older people living in long-established subdivisions lost everything.

Papadopolous knew about the emails in April. And he told people within the campaign. There is a censored generic title in the docs, but I forget what it is. Something like "Senior Campaign Supervisor" or some-such. That is the person he told.

That name is generic in the unsealed document, to purposely not give away the identity. It would seem the investigation will unseal this person eventually, but right now the investigation is in a state of flux.

However that person could be Flynn, whom I believe was the direct boss for the national Security Advisors, of which Papadopolous is one. Come to think of it, if it is Flynn, he too may be a "proactive cooperator" and that's why his name is still sealed.

Now wouldn't that be something!

How delusional does one have to be to think Trump is an every-man and a champion for blue-collar workers and not part of the elite?

There is no better example of someone being born so fantastically rich that they couldn't possibly understand the struggles of the average American.

I understand him all too well. He is a snake oil salesman. You simply picked the wrong general to fight the right battle. I get the issue; he just isn't the solution.

The only other option (thanks to the DNC) was a jingoist with more political baggage than anyone else alive.

That's my prediction.

This is all speculation. Best of luck with it.

That's my prediction.

That's a very reasonable analysis. It makes more sense than others I've read. Thank you.

The only other option (thanks to the DNC) was a jingoist with more political baggage than anyone else alive.

I am not interested in re-litigating last year's election, though I will point out that the editorial staff of just about every major US newspaper disagrees with your statement. You should re-read them at some point to realize the electorate should have listened.

Right now we are where we are and its time to deal with what we have, even if it means President Pence. At some point the Republican party will realize that President Pence is better for their future than what we have. At the point, Trump will be gone.

I am not interested in re-litigating last year's election, though I will point out that the editorial staff of just about every major US newspaper disagrees with your statement. You should re-read them at some point to realize the electorate should have listened.

Right now we are where we are and its time to deal with what we have, even if it means President Pence. At some point the Republican party will realize that President Pence is better for their future than what we have. At the point, Trump will be gone.

I'm not trying to re litigate it either -- I'm just explaining how we got to this point.

Pence is farther to the Right than Trump, so putting up with Trump's shenanigans might be the best option.

I will add that I believe Mueller will find that the Trump Organization is deeply indebted to Russian interests such that most of Trump's net worth exists only at the behest of those interests. As such, Trump is in violation of the emoluments clause of the US Constitution (since he is basically owned by the Russians)....

Trump's already got a history of money laundering (and being fined for it), but I think what's likely to come out in the wash is that he's been laundering hot money for the Russain mob for decades and that's got him juuuust this side of completely melting down.

This is a fine detailing of too many coinky-dinks.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...eller-indictments-manafort-gates-papadopolous

Back
Top Bottom