• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What should the judge do to stop Trump from mumbling under his breathe to prospective jurors?

Oh come on. What if he mutters something as he wakes up? That would be too intimidating to risk.
OK, OK. Gag him when he falls asleep, and THEN rap his knuckles.

There's always a way to work these things out.

Media orgs petitioned to have cameras in the room but a Judge denied their request.
Yeah, that's because it was illegal. Are you thinking special considerations should be made, because Donald?

Guess you missed the part where Trump's attorney's argued against having the cameras in the courtroom.

"one of the outlets requesting that cameras be allowed in the courtroom — Trump’s team argued the petition should be denied “because it will create a circus-like atmosphere at the arraignment, raise unique security concerns, and is inconsistent with President Trump’s presumption of innocence.”

Trump himself made the decision to object to the cameras, a source with knowledge of the matter told The Post."

A source huh... Whatever

Not "going after criminals". Creating criminals out of thin air.

The whole "Russiagate" thing was designed to create a crime out of ANYTHING the entire IC, with all their data and foreign assets, could find to twist into something to use against Trump. Heck, when the evidence proved that there was nothing there an FBI lawyer intentionally falsified a document to show that there was something there.

Biden himself seems to have been the one to suggest using the Logan Act against Flynn and the FBI ran that scam for him.

Schiff literally made up a story about the Zelensky call that was then used for an impeachment.

The J6 committee hired a ****ing Hollywood director to promote their bullshit narrative.

The Democrats/NeverTrumprs live for one purpose and one purpose only. They want to get Trump and are willing to destroy every institution we have built in this country to facilitate that goal.
Funny how MAGAts can never stay on the topic of a thread.

If he behaves like a really, really, really good boy - he might be granted a hall pass to go to Barron's graduation.
Yeah, but what are the odds of that?
But that's yet to be determined because, if he's a bad boy, he can't/won't be granted such extreme leniency.
Yep. It's Donald, after all.
I'm sure that mumble and glare were two huge strikes against eventually qualifying for that hall pass.
Let us all hope so.

DH and I were discussing this today and we're so hoping Trump doesn't need to clear his throat sometime today. Just imagine how intimidating that would be. ;) If he does, lock him up - obviously!
It's funny how you think that's the issue. Very very funny. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

If he behaves like a really, really, really good boy - he might be granted a hall pass to go to Barron's graduation. But that's yet to be determined because, if he's a bad boy, he can't/won't be granted such extreme leniency. I'm sure that mumble and glare were two huge strikes against eventually qualifying for that hall pass.
He is in court, and yes, if he behaves like a good boy he can avoid contempt charges or other repercussions.

Y'all are for Law and Order until it affects your Dear Leader, then that seems to go out the window. Judges run their court rooms, they are in charge. If you are audibly muttering under your breath during jury selection, and the judge tells you to knock it off, you knock it off or you get repercussions. This isn't Jr. High, it's a court of law, and there are rules that govern that. Sorry if that upsets you.

A source huh... Whatever
You mean Zero Hedge didn't report it? Tons of articles reporting the same thing. Educate yourself....not my job.

Last edited:
Once again Trump mumbled something under his breathe loud enough at one of the jurors and though this juror was not one chosen, the judge had to again admonish his lawyers for the action. This is not a free speech issue as it happens in a court of law, although I am sure some of you will say he has the right to do so. To be honest if I were the judge I would either put him in a nearby room and have him watch via cameras with his sound muted or have him gaged and stay in the court. I have seen this happen in some court cases on TV. What would you do?
Put him in the courthouse holding cell with closed circuit tv.

Funny how MAGAts can never stay on the topic of a thread.
7 pages in, and not one of them has attempted to respond. Really a simple question that the judge in all likelihood is going to have to answer: What is appropriate sanction if Trump continues to violate instruction to stay quite during jury their selection, or attempt to intimidate a juror through comments or actions?

The Trumper's Response:
  • The judge isn't fair;
  • the prosecution isn't fair;
  • the charges are fake/bogus, politically motivated;
  • Trump's right to defend himself has been stripped;
  • his right to free speech has been stripped;
Blah, blah, blah.

Trump needs to be gagged.
Remember Bobbie Seale? Actually, I would put him in an orange jumpsuit and have him spend a night in jail. Trump wouldn’t mind, think of all the money he could make selling pics.

If he behaves like a really, really, really good boy - he might be granted a hall pass to go to Barron's graduation. But that's yet to be determined because, if he's a bad boy, he can't/won't be granted such extreme leniency. I'm sure that mumble and glare were two huge strikes against eventually qualifying for that hall pass.
The graduation is at 7 pm . Court ends around 3. He can get his butt in his jet and fly after his court appearance

So the judge also put a gag order on Fox News and all mention of it? Well, aren't you in violation for talking about it here?
No, I still have the right to free speech. Merchan's gag order against Trump applies only to Trump and his defense team.
That's silly. I have MAGA family members, but it doesn't affect my decision-making at all.

How about you? If you have a Dem in the family, it means you can't think and act straight?
I have many Dems in my family. Thankfully, none of then are professional Trump-bashers. Judge Merchan's daughter is a paid Trump-basher, and no doubt he is biased against Trump - at least on some level. He should have recused himself.

The bottom line is that if Merchan did the respectable (right) thing and recused himself, then Trump would not be dragging Merchan's daughter into the fray, and there would be no need for a gag order.
I'm pretty sure that if Jesus Christ were the judge here, Trump loyalists would be insinuating low moral values and calling him names.
😆

Last edited:
The graduation is at 7 pm . Court ends around 3. He can get his butt in his jet and fly after his court appearance
My bet is Melania and Barron wish he would stay in NY! I think the judge will give him the day off.

Remember Bobbie Seale? Actually, I would put him in an orange jumpsuit and have him spend a night in jail. Trump wouldn’t mind, think of all the money he could make selling pics.

I don't remember it personally but I have read about it. Yes, I quite agree.

Bind and gag Trump.

Too bad he can't act like a grown man instead of having to be a really good boy.

No, I still have the right to free speech. Merchan's gag order against Trump applies only to Trump and his defense team.

I have many Dems in my family. Thankfully, none of then are professional Trump-bashers. Judge Merchan's daughter is a paid Trump-basher, and no doubt he is biased against Trump - at least on some level. He should have recused himself.
Evidence?
The bottom line is that if Merchan did the respectable (right) thing and recused himself, then Trump would not be dragging Merchan's daughter into the fray, and there would be no need for a gag order.

😆

Nonsensical bullshit.

Trump was told to stop his nonsense and continued to make threats and attempt to intimidate witnesses.

He should be bound and gagged while in the courtroom.

LOL wut?

Yeah, we suggest ball gags for everything.

"Our little league team needs more money."

"We leftists suggest a ball gag."

"Restrictions on abortion are increasing maternal mortality."

"Have you considered ball gags?"

"Some marginalized groups may find voting locales difficult to get to."

"Mail-in ball gags."
I know!! Right?! What's up with that??

Too bad he can't act like a grown man instead of having to be a really good boy.
Interesting point. Why do you think Trump behaves the way he does? Is it simply arrogance, that he doesn’t believe rules should apply to him. I am tempted to say it’s because he has never had to face consequences for his actions, but he did pay up millions for Trump University and his foundation was closed. But perhaps financial penalties don’t bother him.

Interesting point. Why do you think Trump behaves the way he does? Is it simply arrogance, that he doesn’t believe rules should apply to him. I am tempted to say it’s because he has never had to face consequences for his actions, but he did pay up millions for Trump University and his foundation was closed. But perhaps financial penalties don’t bother him.
Who knows but it certainly appears he can't handle being told what to do and not being in charge. I certainly think he has some very serious mental and emotional issues which seem to be more personal than financial. He seems much more upset about the appearance of wealth and financial success than the reality.

Y
Who knows but it certainly appears he can't handle being told what to do and not being in charge. I certainly think he has some very serious mental and emotional issues which seem to be more personal than financial. He seems much more upset about the appearance of wealth and financial success than the reality.
Think you’re right. His gold walled living quarters says it all. One would think that Melania would advise him on taste.

Think you’re right. His gold walled living quarters says it all. One would think that Melania would advise him on taste.
After seeing her WH Christmas decorations.....I dunno about that! Although I do recall Trump being furious with some redecorating at Mar a Lago she oversaw , some rather tasteful changes. He was upset there wasn't enough glitz. I think it's all part of his need for ostentatious show.

Back
Top Bottom