• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is your morning breakfast routine?

radcen

Phonetic Mnemonic ©
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist

I'm looking for ideas to change things up, and like most 21st century first-world Americans I want something easy and relatively healthy. :lol:

I drop by a drive-thru and pick up a breakfast sandwich sometimes, but if I do that too often I gain weight fast. Plus, I'd prefer to not spend the money. I like doing things like peanut butter on a roasted english muffin, that's good.

I'm looking for ideas to change things up, and like most 21st century first-world Americans I want something easy and relatively healthy. :lol:

I drop by a drive-thru and pick up a breakfast sandwich sometimes, but if I do that too often I gain weight fast. Plus, I'd prefer to not spend the money. I like doing things like peanut butter on a roasted english muffin, that's good.

Coffee and a smoke. Generally eat once per day.

Make yourself a batch of Banana Nut Bran Muffins each week. Freeze half which you take out to frig night before. When you got bored change the flavor for awhile.

Cheap, easy, filling, good for you.

Win Win Win Win.

:2wave:

Sweat pastries and coffee won't help the weight thing. But whole grain with honey dried fruit crunchy cereal is great.

cup of herbal tea and a slice or two of toast or a croissant or muffin.

24 oz iced coffee w/ half n half and 1 sugar.
Either a breakfast sandwich: Sausage egg & cheese (pepperjack) on rye, spinach & tomato, w/ pesto

Or

Cheese eggs, bacon x2 and a biscuit w/ gravy on it.

I don't eat breakfast

Half a cup of coffee and a bowl of shredded wheat before I head to the gym.

I typically don't eat breakfast. However, due to recent changes in my health, I have to take my morning meds with food. I just pop a Jimmy Dean sausage breakfast croissant in the microwave. Or, I go thru McD's drive thru for a #6. I also have 1-2 cups of coffee with Splenda and fat-free french vanilla creamer.

I have lost almost 40 pounds since January. Feels GREAT walking around without having to carry the weight of 2 bowling balls. LOL!

I haven't had an alcoholic beverage since November. I never really drank that often, but when I did...... oh boy.

I haven't smoked any doobage for over 2 years and I don't miss that either.

I feel as if I have a new lease on life.

I've got a joint I hit for breakfast pretty much every weekday morning. I get a "real" breakfast that includes eggs, some kind of meat and fruit of potatoes or something. They have great french toast and pancakes but that gets to be too much for me.

If you don't want to spend the money then it only takes a few minutes to cook up some eggs and bacon. If you're in a rush you can even precook the meat and just add it to the pan.

I typically don't eat breakfast. However, due to recent changes in my health, I have to take my morning meds with food. I just pop a Jimmy Dean sausage breakfast croissant in the microwave. Or, I go thru McD's drive thru for a #6. I also have 1-2 cups of coffee with Splenda and fat-free french vanilla creamer.

I have lost almost 40 pounds since January. Feels GREAT walking around without having to carry the weight of 2 bowling balls. LOL!

I haven't had an alcoholic beverage since November. I never really drank that often, but when I did...... oh boy.

I haven't smoked any doobage for over 2 years and I don't miss that either.

I feel as if I have a new lease on life.

What is a McD's #6? I usually get a sausage muffin and 1 or 2 hash browns off their value menu.

more often than not :

light English muffin
2 slices microwave bacon
light mayo
tomato slice and lettuce

sometimes i'll substitute a slice of whole grain toast for the muffin. lately, i've been digging pita pockets.

What is a McD's #6? I usually get a sausage muffin and 1 or 2 hash browns off their value menu.

Sausage and egg biscuit, hash brown patty and choice of drink. I choose diet soda because it makes swallowing my morning meds (horse pills,) easier than taking them with coffee.

All my life, I have had a mental block when it comes to swallowing pills. I can gulp down a burger in 3 bites but give me a small aspirin, I gag every time. But I'm getting better at it.

B'Fast on the run.

16oz of good coffee and a breakfast bar.

Drink the coffee on the way to work with a smoke or two (40 minute drive), and once at the office eat the b'fast bar with the first of a few more lesser coffee's (at least it's free at the office).

Lunch is either a Chicken Caesar salad, or some pretzel / cheese snacks.
Dinner whatever the wife makes.

This slowing metabolism is killing me, as I've eaten whatever I've wanted for my entire life up until this point (gained 5 pounds).

Breakfast.jpg

My favorite breakfast is three biscuits covered with a can of Libby's sausage gravy. Next in line is three scrambled eggs covered in canned chili (no beans) and topped with shredded cheddar cheese. My usual is whatever Walmart has on the reduced (1/3 or 1/2 off and at the sell by date) baked goods rack (donuts, strudel, danish or sliced creme cake). Always with a cup (or two) of black coffee.

I normally do not eat any lunch especially when working while it is hot outside since I try to stay full of water. Once I cool down and shower off the sweat, grime and sawdust I eat a fairly large dinner - except on Tuesday and Thursday when I drink 4 to 6 cans of beer at the local watering hole and have a later and lighter dinner).

My favorite breakfast is three biscuits covered with a can of Libby's sausage gravy. Next in line is three scrambled eggs covered in canned chili (no beans) and topped with shredded cheddar cheese. My usual is whatever Walmart has on the reduced (1/3 or 1/2 off and at the sell by date) baked goods rack (donuts, strudel, danish or sliced creme cake). Always with a cup (or two) of black coffee.

I normally do not eat any lunch especially when working while it is hot outside since I try to stay full of water. Once I cool down and shower off the sweat, grime and sawdust I eat a fairly large dinner - except on Tuesday and Thursday when I drink 4 to 6 cans of beer at the local watering hole and have a later and lighter dinner).

Was talking recently with some co-workers and no one had ever heard of a chili & cheese omelette. I was aghast. Those are awesome.

Special K egg with veggie and pepperjack cheese or spinach, egg & cheese medley flatbread breakfast sandwich, coffee, fruit

Usually just coffee. If I eat anything its usually a yogurt, cheese stick, or some fruit that's easy to grab on the go. Sometimes before work I'll get a breakfast sandwich from Dunkin' Doughnuts, but that's a rarity.

My breakfast joint has a killer chili omelet. That's on my list at least once a week. They also do an awesome chicken fried steak with gravy but that's more a once a month thing.

I find I feel better if I avoid refined sugars in the morning like breakfast bars, donuts, pastries etc. When I get protein is when I feel my best.

I do like fruit smoothies from time to time. My favorite is put about a third to a half cup of almond milk, handful of berries and a banana into the blender and whip it on high.

Right now I am on an egg salad kick. I will make up a batch of egg salad and spread it on a piece of toast, my favorite is Jewish rye. Eggs take 10 minutes to boil to perfection. After you peel them, take your baking cooling rack that you use for cookies, (the wiry grid looking thingy) and place it over the bowl you are going to prepare your egg salad. Place your egg on the rack and push it through the rack and you instantly have a perfectly chopped egg. You can do a dozen in less than thirty seconds. I like using Mayo made with Olive oil, sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper is all I add to the eggs. It rocks.

On weekends a time for a real treat is a couple of pancakes, turkey sausage nested between them. REAL maple syrup drizzled on top with two eggs over medium on top of the two pancakes. Now that is good eats.

My breakfast joint has a killer chili omelet. That's on my list at least once a week. They also do an awesome chicken fried steak with gravy but that's more a once a month thing.
That's a good breakfast. I only do it once every couple months, though. Usually as a Saturday or Sunday treat.

I am up by 4:45.

Class of water, class of soy milk with some whey protein, and a cup of coffee. About seven, maybe a bagel with cream cheese, or a yogurt.

Somewhere in there stretching and then a long walk.

Put on coffee, do dishes while I listen to news podcasts, coffee's ready when I'm done. I tend to finish that before I eat anything; I'm just not hungry when I first wake up.

Because eating breakfast is much more habit than desire for me, I try to make it easy for me to do it. A lot of the time I just eat yogurt with fruit or granola, toast with butter, a smoothie, or something like that. It's light, easy to eat even if I'm not hungry, and literally takes seconds to a minute max to put together.

Back
Top Bottom