• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is more important to you, life or guns?

Sounds like shooting 'criminals' is some kind of sport. What criminal action deserves being shot? Jaywalking, loitering, littering? My neighbor is at work his house is empty, I see two guys breaking in. Do I shoot them to stop them? Is a burglary of an empty house worth killing people?

And tell that to the cops. They seem to shoot loads of innocent people.
That depends on what state and town you're in and what the laws are there. If you see people breaking into your neighbor's house can you shoot them? That would depend on your local and state laws. If you want to know if you can do that where you live, its up to you to do your own legal research in regards to that.

Your assumption is correct. Would the world be safer is nobody owned a firearm?

Well the world certainly wasn't safer back in medieval times and nobody owned firearms then, they hadn't been invented yet. But, history back then is full of events where rulers and those in various positions of power killed many many people.

I agree the sickness is in our society. I do however disagree that taking away guns wouldn't prevent these mass shootings. There could be no mass shootings without the guns.

Number one, you can't take all the guns away. If you do pass laws to ban all guns and make it mandatory to turn them in, criminals will just keep on going on their mass shootings using guns that they own illegally, after all, most guns used in crime are obtained and owned illegally in the first place.

Number two, even if you could magically take away all the guns you might do away with mass shootings but you wouldn't do away with mass killings. There would be just as many mass killings, if not more.

I agree the sickness is in our society. I do however disagree that taking away guns wouldn't prevent these mass shootings. There could be no mass shootings without the guns.

Well, it is true that these mass killings all seem to have a common denominator. No one can reasonably argue with that.

One day my life and my loved one's life might depend on my ability to defend them

I think life and guns are complimentary

Well, it is true that these mass killings all seem to have a common denominator. No one can reasonably argue with that.

Agreed (I think, I shouldnt assume)

So why are we not focusing more on how our society is creating more of these POP loser males that cannot handle their emotions in a healthy manner and blame others for their failures with women, jobs, social interactions, etc? We need to learn how to identify them and then either help or stop them.

Well with the way mainly from the left that our country has decided the new insane rules and beliefs that only have traction because our young people are either to lazy to actually research what they are supporting to see of they understand the issue as it is and not by what they think is sounds like it should be. It's amazing to help someone do there homework and see the facts and then try to understand why people believe suppressing themselves is a GREAT THING. Most people one on one are willing to listen if you are and when they see that what they thought is far from what actually is, at most wants all there thoughts debunked and usually want to learn more. It's an amazing thing to watch someone who you helped to think for themselves and to ask them to use logic and to show them nothing has been asked that has not been done in the past, usually several times over. And then they see what the outcomes were and I've had a few say well well do this differently, but all have admitted it would be the same. I disagree I believe it may very well be different. I believe we are all in trouble when this country is finally doing things the way some have wanted for generations to be done. I also believe it will not just be America I believe we are the last play on the board to get in the right position and when that's done , there will be nothing anyone can do. I hope I'm wrong after all I'm new to all this scince 2012 and really 2016 so I'm tring to figure it all out. And just fyi I dont agree with alot of the Republican either however they are mostly liars to me as in believe some dems are pure evil to the core.

Agreed (I think, I shouldnt assume)

So why are we not focusing more on how our society is creating more of these POP loser males that cannot handle their emotions in a healthy manner and blame others for their failures with women, jobs, social interactions, etc? We need to learn how to identify them and then either help or stop them.

Because that plan does not work in any country on earth with lax gun.laws

Back
Top Bottom