• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Happens When Democrats Run Your State?

How can anyone not on the take, like what the politicians of California have done?

Very true. CA has a lot to offer, bu you have to make a lot of money to live really well there. Most areas require trade offs. The more people that want to go to an area, the more competition... Some can't handle competition. I refused a job offer there (Redwood City) because they wouldn't give me the 30% raise that moving and living there entailed. 20% didn't cut it.

Another problem from a business perspective is that you cannot transfer people into California, only out due to the cost of housing. You need to add $20k to the salary base to attract anyone, so instate is mostly sales and service, with operation in another state.

When I see bad stuff about California I just think...who do you think you are kidding? California and NY are the chief economic centers of this country. You can publish a million youtube videos and it won't change the reality.

Yeah, really.

"What happens when Democrats run your state? (Hawaii, CA, Chicago, NY, Massachussetts):

ca1.jpgca2.jpgchicago.jpgny1.jpgny2.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah Detroit used to say that, too...

We don't have stupid auto company execs who run companies into the ground. We've never had stupid auto company execs who run companies into the ground in California. And - you're not in California either are you.

We don't have stupid auto company execs who run companies into the ground. We've never had stupid auto company execs who run companies into the ground in California. And - you're not in California either are you.

Look who reaches for the appeal to authority, I don't need to live in California to comment on it, that's stupid thinking.

Look who reaches for the appeal to authority, I don't need to live in California to comment on it, that's stupid thinking.

"You" are an appeal to authority??

:lamo

As long as your stupid thinking stays where you are California will always be happy.

"You" are an appeal to authority??

:lamo

As long as your stupid thinking stays where you are California will always be happy.

I used to live in California. There is a reason why people are leaving and even more reason why businesses are leaving.

Saying someone has to live in California to be able to comment on it is an appeal to authority, just because you are a California resident doesn't mean you are an authority on why people are moving out.

I used to live in California. There is a reason why people are leaving and even more reason why businesses are leaving.

Saying someone has to live in California to be able to comment on it is an appeal to authority, just because you are a California resident doesn't mean you are an authority on why people are moving out.

Since when did I say you couldn't comment about California? Like I said, as long as you're not here we'll be fine.

Since when did I say you couldn't comment about California? Like I said, as long as you're not here we'll be fine.

You don't even remember what you post.

The Mercatus Center was founded by Richard Fink, the former executive Vice President of Koch Industries, owned by the Koch brothers.

Again, they are right wing.

You do know the Koch brothers endoressed Bill Clinton when he ran for president. Just because a business endoress a republican now doesnt mean they have always been conservative, they change back and forth depending on what best serves their needs.

I wasn't going to waste a half hour watching the whole biased video. However, the first claim it made was that 'liberal policies are causing migration from California.' As of December 2017, California Population Grew By 300K, Nears 40 Million.

Moreover, the time periods mentioned were times that California had a Republican governor and lived under conservative policies, like Proposition 13.

If that video is supposed to be evidence that liberal policies when they are enacted at the state level, the claim is an epic failure. California, if it were a country, would have the sixth largest economy in the world and has a population that is generally content. It is also a state that contributes more than it receives from the federal government. Which are the states that receive more from the federal government? Those are generally the red states, that hate the federal government.
QUOTE]
Since no one bothered to point out to you that the artical link you posted and the enbolded claim you make are at odds with one another. The OP states that more people are leaving CA then coming into CA. Then the article link you posted actually goes to proving that point, the news anchor concedes that point, "dispite CA population growing more people have left CA then moved into CA".

I wasn't going to waste a half hour watching the whole biased video. However, the first claim it made was that 'liberal policies are causing migration from California.' As of December 2017, California Population Grew By 300K, Nears 40 Million.

Moreover, the time periods mentioned were times that California had a Republican governor and lived under conservative policies, like Proposition 13.

If that video is supposed to be evidence that liberal policies when they are enacted at the state level, the claim is an epic failure. California, if it were a country, would have the sixth largest economy in the world and has a population that is generally content. It is also a state that contributes more than it receives from the federal government. Which are the states that receive more from the federal government? Those are generally the red states, that hate the federal government.
QUOTE]
Since no one bothered to point out to you that the artical link you posted and the enbolded claim you make are at odds with one another. The OP states that more people are leaving CA then coming into CA. Then the article link you posted actually goes to proving that point, the news anchor concedes that point, "dispite CA population growing more people have left CA then moved into CA".

First of all the “state out/federal money in” is a phony argument due to the difference in buying power.

Second of all, the population is holding steady because it is being exchanged for low income, low skill poor legal and illegals from all over the USA, many from other parts of the country are coming here hoping not to get deported. And yes, many are on welfare, in spite of what you are being told.

Lastly, the “new” discrimination is against Anglos who don’t speak Spanish even when the job doesn’t require it - factories in black areas that won’t hire blacks, for example. D.C. isn’t the only place laws are applied based on political considerations.

You can't read dude.

So, California's economy isn't growing like it should, net taxpayers are leaving the state, businesses are leaving the state, its pension liabilities aren't properly funded, and according to you, everything is fine.

But, I, cant read. I think you aren't reading things very well.

So, California's economy isn't growing like it should, net taxpayers are leaving the state, businesses are leaving the state, its pension liabilities aren't properly funded, and according to you, everything is fine.

But, I, cant read. I think you aren't reading things very well.

We'll visit you at home in Kansas?

I live in California and love it, albeit in a house I probably could not afford to buy now. Draw a line from Mendocino west to Lake Tahoe, south to Yosemite/Kings Canyon and west to Monterey and you have some of the best of City, mountains, coastline and wine country in the world. And that’s not even counting most of the state.

But tell me, conservatives, what we should do to make our state better. My ideas: We need to and are building more dense housing, but not enough. We will have to deal with pension funds. The high speed train is a roll of the dice. And we have allowed huge expansion of orchards to some of the driest parts of the state, the west San Juaquin Valley. And money talks here way to much as it does in other places.

But our coastal policies that guarantee public access, environmental policies, the assistance we give to the poor, the creativity and productivity of our populace, and yes, our Sanctuary cities are things to be proud of. Should we imitate Texas (or Kansas’s experiment) instead? Allow the unfettered, unplanned growth that Houston did and regrets?

The problems we face and the solutions we offer will be models of what to do (and what not to do) in the rest of the country. It’s been that way for a while.

Last edited:
Wrong. Address the topic, not me.

I don't live in either state, although I very nearly moved to CA back in the 1990's. I think #123 is pretty close to how I would respond to the OP nonsense.

No state is perfect. Hopefully you like where you live.

Back
Top Bottom