• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What happened to the tea party?

Tea Party's work if any is done.
The Demos are out and rightfully so Donald Trump is in.

Not completely done. We still have far too many establishment republicans in the GOP congress.

That's the point. With a competitive corporate tax rate, many of those American offshore companies are coming home.

Let me guess. You believe that because Trump said so. Amitite?

Gun grabbing has never been just about Obama. The far left has always had a goal of ultimately making gun ownership illegal. Obama was only the latest at the time.

Oh noes. Me Guns!

So there are no such things as tokens?

You are missing the point. When those of you on the left use terms like token,strawberry, uncle tom, to describe African Americans who happen to have conservative views, you look as racist as you did in the segregation era when Alabama Governor George Wallace attempted to block African American students from entering the University of Alabama. At some point you are going to have to work out that some minorities think for themselves and do not feel obligated to take marching orders from the democrat party.

Gun grabbing has never been just about Obama. The far left has always had a goal of ultimately making gun ownership illegal. Obama was only the latest at the time.

The far left didn't take your guns away. Not even when Donald Trump was encouraging them to do it as recently as 2012.

You are missing the point. When those of you on the left use terms like token,strawberry, uncle tom, to describe African Americans who happen to have conservative views, you look as racist as you did in the segregation era when Alabama Governor George Wallace attempted to block African American students from entering the University of Alabama. At some point you are going to have to work out that some minorities think for themselves and do not feel obligated to take marching orders from the democrat party.

That view makes sense only to a far right extremist trying to pretend that their own racism is okay or who is in full denial. Comparing the reality that there are racial tokens to George Wallace stopping integration in Alabama is just plain loony bin ravings. That comparison is so over the top that it is simply delusional.

So, back to the topic of the thread. What happened to them? They can't understand that borrowing money for tax cuts today will mean that debt clock they liked to post will go in the wrong direction? They can't see that the little tax cuts they are getting will expire?

Trump's tax cuts are the biggest tax cuts since Reagan and will have the same positive effect. The Reagan tax cuts ended up with nearly a 4% economy. If the Trump tax custs lead to the same, I suspect that the tax cuts will be extended or made permanent.

Let me guess. You believe that because Trump said so. Amitite?

I am going to go out on a limb and guess that you have never been really involved in business. Some of those companies are already planning to return. To be fair, the high corporate tax rate was not the only issue that drove US businesses overseas. Getting strangled with over regulation also contributed.

The far left didn't take your guns away. Not even when Donald Trump was encouraging them to do it as recently as 2012.

I really do not give a damn about the 2012 trump. he was not a politician then. I care about what he promised when running for president and what he is following through on.
As a candidate and president, Trump has not been a gun control activist.

I am going to go out on a limb and guess that you have never been really involved in business. Some of those companies are already planning to return. To be fair, the high corporate tax rate was not the only issue that drove US businesses overseas. Getting strangled with over regulation also contributed.

Yeah, the horror of not being able to dump toxic chemicals in the river or pump it up in the air. How will those corporations ever survive?

That view makes sense only to a far right extremist trying to pretend that their own racism is okay or who is in full denial. Comparing the reality that there are racial tokens to George Wallace stopping integration in Alabama is just plain loony bin ravings. That comparison is so over the top that it is simply delusional.

I cannot take you seriously on that rant considering that you so easily resorted to the term "token" when I posted a video of a black tea party leader. Your immediately resorting to that term says alot about you.

I really do not give a damn about the 2012 trump. he was not a politician then. I care about what he promised when running for president and what he is following through on.
As a candidate and president, Trump has not been a gun control activist.

Of course you don't give a damn. It's A-Okay when Trump wants to take your guns away from you, just not those dirty leftists. Trump could molest your sister and you'd still support him.

Of course you don't give a damn. It's A-Okay when Trump wants to take your guns away from you, just not those dirty leftists. Trump could molest your sister and you'd still support him.

Considering that my sister passed away 6 years ago from cancer, it's hard not to take that as an insult. I am a lifetime NRA member. If Trump as a politician was seeking to ban or restrict firearms, I would criticize the hell out of him and not support him. However I do not hold grudges for what he or any other non-politician of the time said in the past. When one runs for office, one had better be sure where one stands.

I cannot take you seriously on that rant considering that you so easily resorted to the term "token" when I posted a video of a black tea party leader. Your immediately resorting to that term says alot about you.

I ask you again - are there not tokens?

Considering that my sister passed away 6 years ago from cancer, it's hard not to take that as an insult. I am a lifetime NRA member. If Trump as a politician was seeking to ban or restrict firearms, I would criticize the hell out of him and not support him. However I do not hold grudges for what he or any other non-politician of the time said in the past. When one runs for office, one had better be sure where one stands.

I have no idea why you would say it was an insult because your sister passed away. I would have no way of knowing that.

My husband is an NRA lifetime member too. He's smart enough to know that Trump is full of **** and is using people to advance his own power.

You trust Trump wit every fiber of your being. And if he said we need strict gun laws, like he said his entire adult life, you would still support him.

Actually I am simply attempting to get you to answer a straight forward question. Are there tokens?

When I posted a video of an obviously intelligent black woman tea party leader, you immediately resorted to the term: "token". You obviously have a problem with minorities thinking and speaking for themselves. I rest my case.

When I posted a video of an obviously intelligent black woman tea party leader, you immediately resorted to the term: "token". You obviously have a problem with minorities thinking and speaking for themselves. I rest my case.

After you rest for a while and compose yourself, perhaps you can answer the question if you get over your abject fear of doing so..... are there tokens?

And think about this - when a person uses the word TOKEN to describe a minority like I did - do you understand that it is NOT necessarily an indictment of the person of color but of the larger political movement attempting to use that person as a dishonest display of their supposed diversity that in reality does not exist because the person of color is such a very tiny segment of that movement?

I googled "what is a token minority?" And got this

A Token Minority is a concept in games, television, movies, and books wherein a single character of a different ethnicity is added to a cast of characters who all share the same--or very similar--ethnic background. It's often used to add the pretense of diversity to an otherwise homogeneous set of characters.

I would offer that it also applies to movements and groups using a minority to add the pretense of diversity to an otherwise homogeneous set of people.

Now I bet that blows your mind.... as well as your entire silly attempt to make this about me rather than the topic being discussed.

Last edited:
I have no idea why you would say it was an insult because your sister passed away. I would have no way of knowing that.

It is still hard not to be offended by that, despite what you knew or did not know.

My husband is an NRA lifetime member too. He's smart enough to know that Trump is full of **** and is using people to advance his own power.

Specifically on what issues does your husband think Trump is full of ****? Advancing his own power? It's called running for office. When hed decided to run for national office, I am sure he put alot of serious thought into where he stood on given issues.

You trust Trump wit every fiber of your being. And if he said we need strict gun laws, like he said his entire adult life, you would still support him.

You are projecting. Let's clear up a few things. I am not a republican or democrat. I am a mainstream conservative independant and a lifetime NRA member. I did not care for Trump before he announced he was running for president, and while I attended his first big rally in my city (I also attended a Cruz rally), I did not care for him as a primary candidate based his behavior as at the time. I voted for Ted Cruz in the primary. When Cruz did not win, I was going to sit out the general election and mentioned so many times on debate politics. However based on the Trump/Hillary debates, I did see that he had command of the issues and at that point I paid much attention to the promises he campaigned on. Between those promises and the prospect of Hillary picking out next two or three US Supreme Court justices, I voted for Trump. Now he has been in office for a year. I wanted our immigration laws to be enforced. Now they are being enforced. I wanted the US the hell out of the Paris Climate Accord. We are now headed that way. I wanted Obamacare repealed. while it's been a rough go on that one, the tax cut bill that just passed included repeal of the individual mandate, which was my biggest single objection to obamacare.....and yes.....I wanted a tax cut. I also wanted a corporate tax cut. And as a bonus, the tax cut bill also includes opening Anwar to drilling for oil. And...finally, we have a president who is telling the United Nations that they will no longer take advantage of the US. What's not to like? You can project what you want to think I would or would not support, however that does not make it true. I know myself much more then you think you know me. I am quite aware that Trump has not always been a conservative and may not be one now. However he is governing like one. I'll take that. Ronald Reagan, the greatest conservative president in my lifetime was not always a conservative republican either. He was once a democrat. Point is that whatever Trump was in 2012, in 2016, he was just what the doctor ordered....a populist candidate with conservative stances, who was not afraid to take on the establishment candidates.

After you rest for a while and compose yourself, perhaps you can answer the question if you get over your abject fear of doing so..... are there tokens?

And think about this - when a person uses the word TOKEN to describe a minority like I did - do you understand that it is NOT necessarily an indictment of the person of color but of the larger political movement attempting to use that person as a dishonest display of their supposed diversity that in reality does not exist because the person of color is such a very tiny segment of that movement?

I googled "what is a token minority?" And got this

I would offer that it also applies to movements and groups using a minority to add the pretense of diversity to an otherwise homogeneous set of people.

Now I bet that blows your mind.... as well as your entire silly attempt to make this about me rather than the topic being discussed.

Keep squirming.

You are projecting. Let's clear up a few things. I am not a republican or democrat. I am a mainstream conservative independant and a lifetime NRA member. I did not care for Trump before he announced he was running for president, and while I attended his first big rally in my city (I also attended a Cruz rally), I did not care for him as a primary candidate based his behavior as at the time. I voted for Ted Cruz in the primary. When Cruz did not win, I was going to sit out the general election and mentioned so many times on debate politics. However based on the Trump/Hillary debates, I did see that he had command of the issues and at that point I paid much attention to the promises he campaigned on. Between those promises and the prospect of Hillary picking out next two or three US Supreme Court justices, I voted for Trump. Now he has been in office for a year. I wanted our immigration laws to be enforced. Now they are being enforced. I wanted the US the hell out of the Paris Climate Accord. We are now headed that way. I wanted Obamacare repealed. while it's been a rough go on that one, the tax cut bill that just passed included repeal of the individual mandate, which was my biggest single objection to obamacare.....and yes.....I wanted a tax cut. I also wanted a corporate tax cut. And as a bonus, the tax cut bill also includes opening Anwar to drilling for oil. And...finally, we have a president who is telling the United Nations that they will no longer take advantage of the US. What's not to like? You can project what you want to think I would or would not support, however that does not make it true. I know myself much more then you think you know me. I am quite aware that Trump has not always been a conservative and may not be one now. However he is governing like one. I'll take that. Ronald Reagan, the greatest conservative president in my lifetime was not always a conservative republican either. He was once a democrat. Point is that whatever Trump was in 2012, in 2016, he was just what the doctor ordered....a populist candidate with conservative stances, who was not afraid to take on the establishment candidates.

Just another Life time NRA member agreeing with you. Nicely said.

Just another Life time NRA member agreeing with you. Nicely said.

Thanks. The left just seems so obsessed with labeling anyone who supports Trump as a mind numbed robot just following the pied piper. They do not want to accept that we are supporting what he is actually doing. I have not been this satisfied with presidential performance since Ronald Reagan.

Back
Top Bottom