• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do you think about the Rand Paul Shutdown?

Middle_Ground

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Are you guys seeing this **** with Rand Paul?

This guy voted for the ****ing biggest tax scam budget increase in a long time now he is on the floor talking about hypocrites and budgets!

Again I have lost all respect for any and all Republicans.

This guy voted for the ****ing biggest tax scam budget increase in a long time now he is on the floor talking about hypocrites and budgets!

He is for a smaller government, so being for tax cuts and no government spending increases is a consistent stand for him

He is an occasional fiscal conservative at best, and largely a hypocrite because of. Even if spending was kept constant (which it almost never is,) the tax cuts added to deficit. And he went for it.

It was fun watching what I did watch of him. He is a hypocrite making fun of hypocrites :popcorn2:

It was fun watching what I did watch of him. He is a hypocrite making fun of hypocrites :popcorn2:

Google "Libertarian". You've been here since 2013 and you don't know the libertarian philosophy? This is entirely consistent.

He is for a smaller government, so being for tax cuts and no government spending increases is a consistent stand for him

Yes, it would be consistent if the order was reversed; he worked for spending cuts and then when that was accomplished, and we were in fiscal surplus, demanded tax cuts.

Otherwise, he is full of ****.

Google "Libertarian". You've been here since 2013 and you don't know the libertarian philosophy? This is entirely consistent.

I completely agree with Sen. Paul shining a bright light on our bastardized budget process,
the real embarrassment here.

What's not to like with 5 continuing resolutions in 5 months, especially since passage of this
Senate bill in the House is far from guaranteed, though Pelosi has released her caucus from being whipped ?

Yup, the entire libertarian philosophy is very hypocritical. :mrgreen:

Voting for tax cuts is completely consistent for him. But he also wants more spending cuts than most Republicans are comfortable with.

Voting for tax cuts is completely consistent for him. But he also wants more spending cuts than most Republicans are comfortable with.

No, it isn't.

If you are against deficit and debt, you don't add to it with tax cuts. He's a hypocrite. Or a liar.

Good job, Republicans.

You're the first party to control both chambers of the Congress, have the WH, and shut down the government twice. :thumbs:

Rand Paul is in no way a libertarian. Not even in the same universe.

Please find out what the word actually means.

Considering his tax bill vote, he's full of crap. On top of that, he almost always folds.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Considering his tax bill vote, he's full of crap. On top of that, he almost always folds.

I am no Paul fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I believe that he was always in favor of lowering the corporate tax rate in hopes of stimulating the economy. That may be his rationale for supporting the tax bill. Just saying...........:)

Rand Paul is in no way a libertarian. Not even in the same universe.

Please find out what the word actually means.

I disagree man. He wants an amendment and he wants regular order, two things promised by McConnell and Ryan.

R. Paul and J. Amash continue to lead the charge with assorted Democrats, on the losing end,
against the whole Patriot Act conundrum.

Paul's views on drugs, like marijuana, are certainly Libertarian, especially with incarceration statistics.
I'm sure you know there's plenty more ...

The sad part about this, when this bubble explodes we have no where to go.
Tax cuts already done
Interest rates already really low
Over a trillion in debt already.

What happens when we actually need a stimulus?
Where does it come from?

I am no Paul fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I believe that he was always in favor of lowering the corporate tax rate in hopes of stimulating the economy. That may be his rationale for supporting the tax bill. Just saying...........:)
A bit of a prayer to base this off of 4-5% growth, dont you think?

Republicans have the majority in the House; let them pass any bill by the 'Hastert' rule ...

The sad part about this, when this bubble explodes we have no where to go.
Tax cuts already done
Interest rates already really low
Over a trillion in debt already.

What happens when we actually need a stimulus?
Where does it come from?

If the bubble doesn't explode before the public pension crisis comes to fruition, it will then, next decade.
As we saw today, stock markets are more than jittery, with good reason.
None of us have any confidence in the DClowns handling any of our problems ...

Republicans have the majority in the House; let them pass any bill by the 'Hastert' rule ...
God I cannot wait until that rule dies a horrible death.

When Republicans can't keep their own government open for business--they've definitely got some issues--:2rofll:

73_194727.jpg

God I cannot wait until that rule dies a horrible death.

We're not ever going to get over the damage Hastert did in my state, especially to the HS wrestling community.
I can't really say a whole lot more specifically because I would out myself.
He lives less than an hour from me and we actually respected this guy.

Jim Jordan, freedumb cuckster, was a 2-time national champion at Wisconsin at 185 pounds.
He is still a bad ass, though he acts like he took one too many falls on his head.
Our wrestling community is a very conservative one ...

No, it isn't.

If you are against deficit and debt, you don't add to it with tax cuts. He's a hypocrite. Or a liar.

He is for tax cuts AND spending cuts. Tax cuts came up for a vote and he voted for it. If spending cuts come up for a vote I bet he will vote for that too. But he doesn’t control what comes up for a vote.

I am a little confused why a budget bill is being originated in the senate. I thought All spending bills originate in the house?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom