• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

made some good mac and cheese and real / vegetarian chicken nuggets. if it sounds like a dinner for a little kid, that's because he can eat a lot of what we eat now. had a bit of local honey with my fake nuggets, because that's my favorite nugget sauce.

Spring rolls (frozen).

Crustless pepperoni Lou Malnati's (sausage is the crust) and a Malnati salad.

View attachment 67273142

As much as I love Lou's butter crust.......I ain't complaining....

So thats a deep dish Chicago style pie that instead of bread, uses sausage? What soaks up the fat?

So thats a deep dish Chicago style pie that instead of bread, uses sausage? What soaks up the fat?

Pork choriso , the gross kind with lump nodes and salvatory glads.....The Good Stuff! ,,,,in a burrito with lots of other great stuff!

Pork roast with a pineapple mango chutney, and seasoned yellow potatoes. The pork had onion and garlic powder, old bay, and pineapple juice in the roasting pan.

So I did a little Chicken Cordon Bleu interpretation...instead of rolling it and pan frying I just layered chicken ham cheese chicken ham cheese chicken cheese.

Thin cut breasts and gave them a little pounding. cooked them off before hand, then layered it on parchment covered it with foil (making sure the foil didn't touch the cheese) and hit it for 40 min on 350

Came out pretty good, a little something without all the extra steps...

We have a bunch of veggies left that we'll grill in the Ninja, maybe over rice.

salad wrap w/ shredded cheese and light mayo
harvest cheddar sun chips

With a good sauce one hopes!

You are not going to live forever, do your best life now!

I just like low sodium soy sauce, my better half like Thai chili sauce on them.

Tonight I had Harry's Tomato Basil soup (from Costco), with a toasted green chili bagel and Smart Balance.

salad wrap w/ shredded cheese and light mayo
harvest cheddar sun chips

If I ate as good as you, I could dump my cholesterol and BP medication. You have some kind of diet discipline and food ethic. ;)

Honey BBQ, (Jack Daniels) boneless Pork Ribs, lima beans, with cheese & mac.

If I ate as good as you, I could dump my cholesterol and BP medication. You have some kind of diet discipline and food ethic. ;)

Honey BBQ, (Jack Daniels) boneless Pork Ribs, lima beans, with cheese & mac.

i'm about a half pound above my preferred five pound range, so i'm dialing it back for some meals until i'm back down into it. it's easier to do it that way, and i don't want my clothes to feel snug. i'll probably still have pizza for lunch tomorrow, though. my BMI is still under 25, thankfully. if i go over that, then a real diet kicks in, and that tends to suck at first.

i'm about a half pound above my preferred five pound range, so i'm dialing it back for some meals until i'm back down into it. it's easier to do it that way, and i don't want my clothes to feel snug. i'll probably still have pizza for lunch tomorrow, though. my BMI is still under 25, thankfully. if i go over that, then a real diet kicks in, and that tends to suck at first.

Yeah, I dial it back when my clothes stop fitting, which is a 5-8 lb range. I've kicked up the weight training, eliminated the sweets and reduced the calories or meals to 1-1/2. Fortunately, when the stomach shrinks and blood sugar normalizes, the hunger pains dissipate dramatically. Most people give in before the appetite diminishes and gets satiated easier.

Pan fried whitefish in olive oil and butter, iceberg lettuce salad with sliced tomatoes, croutons and ranch dressing. Whole wheat dinner rolls.

Kirkland Beef and Sausage Lasagna.

Washington State UNiversity is a Land Grant College, and because it is they do AG programs....well a part of that is that they used to have cows (they might still) and they turn milk into cheese that they put in a can, called Cougar Gold. It tastes like cheddar though legally they have to call it American Cheese. Well I had a can from 2007 that I wanted to use so I made this:
Homemade Cheese Fritters Recipe | Sargento(R) Cheddar Cheese
and stuffed them with chicken salad.

My daughter provided a meat/cheese tray and a few other things for our Oscar Party.

Royal Asia Coconut Shrimp.

slice of NY veggie pizza
garlic knot w/ cheese

it's a local place. toppings were minimal in a good way, and there was very little grease. kiddo had a sausage slice.

slice of NY veggie pizza
garlic knot w/ cheese

it's a local place. toppings were minimal in a good way, and there was very little grease. kiddo had a sausage slice.

Pork cubes in a sweet and sour sauce with onions over Cougar Gold mashed. The thing about this cheese, especially when it is a dozen years old, is that once you open the can you have about three days to eat it. It does some kind of a crystallization thing that I once read about, but sadly no longer remember.

veggie ground beef crumbles with ketchup
garlic mashed potatoes.

Chicken salad sandwiches on Kaiser rolls with dill pickle spears on the side.

Back
Top Bottom