• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

Living La Vida Loca...

Chorizo Burrito y papas....

Vegetarian pot pie
Mashed potatoes.

Mini Farfalle Pasta, Spinach and Mild Italian Chicken Sausage with a Pesto Alfredo Sauce.

tried this :

GUEST_483a1ce6-e8a8-46e5-b81d-3e286e16176e.jpg

it was a hit with the family. also had a breadstick with cheese.

Lobster cakes (from Costco) about to come out of the oven, will be having homemade creamed spinach with them.

This was a way to use extra rotisserie chicken, but leftover turkey would also work.

King Ranch casserole

1/4 cup oil (or butter)
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seared, seeded and chopped
4 cloves garlic, mashed
1 Tbsp no salt chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 cup chicken broth
14 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
1 cup sour cream or Mexican crema
1 lb cooked chicken or turkey
4 cups shredded cheese
corn tortillas

Make a light brown roux of the oil and flour.
Add the onion and peppers. Cook til limp.
Add garlic and cook an additional minute
Add seasonings, chicken broth and tomatoes. Cook till thickened
Reduce heat and add meat. Cook stirring just til heated through.
Remove from heat and add sour cream or crema. Stir to combine.
Sear a dozen corn torillas. Line the bottom of a greased baking dish.
Spoon on half the meat mixture and spread.
Cover with half the shredded cheese.
Repeat.
Bake at 350° until done, about 20-25 minutes.

The jalapeno adds almost no heat, but the flavor is important. For heat, use four or five jalapenos and omit the bell pepper. One option is to use a square pan and make three sets of layers.

Finally all the holidays are over. Just celebrated my second Christmas this past weekend. Everyone was suppose to bring an ethnic dish that was something that was eaten and passed on by our grandparents. Česnica is the special bread made for Christmas and has a gold or silver coin hidden in the bread dough. After prayer the Cesnica is broken between the youngest and the oldest present then passed to everyone else to break off a piece. The one who finds the coin in their bread must save it for an entire year and it will bring them good fortune. Some of the other common foods made for the celebration are cabbage rolls, polenta, a special chicken soup, pita (not to be confused with the Greek flatbread) but rather a pastry that is considered a pie. Pita in Slavic languages means "pie". Pita can be either savory made with cheese or meat or a dessert treat made from apples, nuts etc. It is made with filo, (phyllo) dough. I watched my Baba (grandma) make her own phyllo dough. It is a lot of work. I use the frozen type. The meat chosen most often for the main course is lamb.

Today we finished off the leftovers. I live by a rule on the third day what is not eaten needs to be discarded.

Tomorrow will be Chinese takeout.

veggie burger w/ Swiss, onions, and burger sauce
kettle chips w/ light dip.

Oven grilled Norwegian salmon fillet sprinkled with Old Bay seasoning and gold potatoes sliced, seasoned and sauteed in olive oil.

Ate like an ass. Bowl of oatmeal, and a salad. Don't ask me how I paired the two...

I tested out my new airfryer with some french fries, some

"kroket"

kroket.jpg

I had a carrero, a kipkorn and a frikandel

carrrero.jpg

kipkorn.jpeg

frikandel.jpg

Egg omelet on whole wheat tortillas. Eggs with sauteed roasted red peppers, crushed garlic, shallots, parsley, salt & pepper, milk.

Loaded veggie baked potato
Veggie chili.

Lox, Philadelphia cream cheese (lite), thin sliced onion on toasted sesame seed bagel.

As I have a raging bad cold, I used a basis for soup pot of stock and some beef meat, then I added a stock cube (beef) and some frozen veggies for soup and then added some more meat and some vermicelli and had that, to sooth my severely raw throat and feed me up a bit.

As I have a raging bad cold, I used a basis for soup pot of stock and some beef meat, then I added a stock cube (beef) and some frozen veggies for soup and then added some more meat and some vermicelli and had that, to sooth my severely raw throat and feed me up a bit.

beterschap

KFC with coleslaw and homemade mashed potatoes.

Potbelly's.

Big Italian.

mac & cheese w/bacon and hot gard.

Zapp's Jalepeno chips

Still with a bad cold so today we are making beef vegetable soup from scratch. The beef is just done in the pressure cooker, now we have to cut it into smaller pieces, add the veggies and "soepballen" and some vermicelli (no soup without them is complete IMO)

soepballetjes.jpg

and most likely add some more water and we will have 5 liters/1 gallon I guess of completely homemade fresh beef/vegetable soup with small meat balls. Or as we call it "groente en rundersoep met balletjes en vermicelli".

For those who do not know how vermicelli looks, it looks kinda like this:

AHI_43545236323035383230_1_LowRes_JPG.JPG

chips with queso
veggie quesadilla.

pretty good local chain. Kiddo liked his quesadilla scraps, too. his had chicken.

Hope you feel better soon, take care.

Back
Top Bottom