• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Americans Think of their States and Localities

A new telephone and online survey by Rasmussen Reports and The Absolute Truth With Emerald Robinson finds that 56% of Likely Georgia voters believe it is likely Trump is being unfairly prosecuted by Willis, including 39% who say it’s Very Likely. Thirty-seven percent (37%) don’t think it’s likely Willis is unfairly prosecuting Trump, including 28% who say an unfair prosecution is Very Unlikely. A majority (52%) of Georgia voters believe it’s likely that cheating affected the outcome of the 2020 presidential election in the state, including 30% who say it’s Very Likely cheating affected the election outcome. Thirty-five percent (35%) don’t think it’s likely the 2020 Georgia election was affected by cheating, including 22% who say it’s Not At All Likely. Another 13% are not sure.

The humidity of Ohio is the bane of the state x.x

The humidity of Ohio is the bane of the state x.x
I spent six days in Indiana recently, and learned again what real humidity is like. The cooler temperatures were nice, but the way I was sweating from just walking a few blocks in temperatures that I would have shrugged off in Las Vegas wasn't so nice. Flying in (and out) really brought home what "breadbasket" actually means--fields as far as the eye can see from thousands of feet high, with town after town only miles apart along roads like beads on a string.

A new telephone and online survey by Rasmussen Reports and NumbersUSA finds that only five percent (5%) of Likely Idaho voters want their state’s population to continue to grow rapidly, while 47% want the population to grow more slowly. Twenty-three percent (23%) want the Idaho population to stay about the same size and 23% want the state’s population to become smaller. Fifty-six percent (56%) of Idaho voters want local and state governments in Idaho to make it more difficult for people to move to Idaho from other states by restricting development, while 54% favor reducing immigration.

The state I live in is really the state of confusion. Not kidding. Want to know what's really wrong about Florida,
beside corruption, piss-poor management, slowest road building/fixing in the lower 48, and other depressing subjects?
I'll just mention 2-3 things. Lot of people who move here are from the lower-ranking states. They voted in THEIR past states
to completely turn their state into low-ranking health care..schools..roads, corruption and (of course) more.
NOW, guess who they vote for now that they have move here? Yep, the same God-Damn type of dumb-ass mealy-mouth politicians
that think unlimited growth is wonderful for everybody....no matter if it destroys most of the environment or animals and water...etc.
And the Tourists (Not trashing them) The problem is..They don't give a shit. They come down here ...with every right that they should.
But..again..do they ever care about Florida/animals/water...what's going to happen to Florida? No..of course not.
They don't vote here...their families are not here...most of their friends are not here...in short..They have no hats in the ring.
Again, I'm not trashing them...When I use to go to Washington state to do some mountain climbing, I wasn't all that concerned about
Washington state so much.
What's happened here in Florida though is Unregulated Growth. THE REGULATED GROWTH STUFF WAS IN THE BOOKS.
But, it's being changed by the developers and developers..and the devolopers..Heh..heh...(By the Developers money going into the politicians pockets.)
Strange how that works.
In closing> Took a trip last week to St. Petersburg. 54 miles. Took me 1 hour 49 minutes. Bumper to bumper traffic.
Was almost that bad coming the 54 miles back.
Not moving but do go back to Australia every so often for a few weeks. The plane ride is a joy....if your ass loves to scream after 17 hours. :) :)
I think that road construction should be paid by the gig and not by the hour. They should have an allotted time frame and if something comes up they make an appeal for an extension. When people get paid by the hour, they drag on the same projects for ages. I live in SC and the roads here are probably on par with floridian roads.

A new telephone and online survey by Rasmussen Reports and the Arkansas Voter Integrity Initiative finds that 59% of Likely Arkansas voters support their state only allowing hand-marked ballots for voting, including 37% who Strongly Support the paper-ballots-only proposal. Thirty-one percent (31%) oppose allowing only hand-market ballots, including 17% who are Strongly Opposed. Another 10% are not sure. Nearly two-thirds (65%) of Arkansas voters are concerned that there will be cheating in the 2024 elections involving electronic voting machines, including 44% who are Very Concerned. Thirty-two percent (32%) are not concerned about electronic voting machines being involved in election cheating, including 16% who are Not At All Concerned.

A new telephone and online survey by Rasmussen Reports and NumbersUSA finds that 78% of Likely West Virginia Voters believe the state should mandate that all employers use the federal electronic E-Verify system to help ensure that they hire only legal workers for U.S. jobs. 12% oppose mandating E-Verify, while another 10% are not sure. The West Virginia House of Representatives last month passed H.B. 4759, which would require businesses with 15 or more employees to use E-Verify; the measure is now pending in the state Senate. The survey finds support for H.B. 4759 across party lines among West Virginia voters, with 82% of Republicans, 70% of Democrats and 80% of voters unaffiliated with either major party in favor of mandating that employers use the federal electronic E-Verify system.

I like my state, but I think that it would benefit if Republicans lose for a while.

A new telephone and online survey by Rasmussen Reports and NumbersUSA finds that only 14% of Likely North Carolina voters want their state’s population to continue to grow at the recent rapid rate, while 50% prefer it to grow much more slowly. Twenty percent (20%) want the North Carolina population to stay about the same size and 11% want the state’s population to become smaller. North Carolina’s population, which was less than 6 million in 1980, is now nearing 11 million. Sixty-seven percent (67%) of North Carolina voters believe the federal government should reduce new immigration to slow down the state’s population growth. Twenty-one percent (21%) favor keeping new immigration and population growth at the current rate. Just five percent (5%) want to increase annual immigration and population growth.

A new telephone and online survey by Rasmussen Reports and NumbersUSA finds that 73% of Likely Iowa Voters believe the state should mandate that all employers use the federal electronic E-Verify system to help ensure that they hire only legal workers for U.S. jobs. Only 14% oppose mandating E-Verify, while another 10% are not sure. In February, Iowa’s state Senate passed a measure that would require use of the E-Verify system; that legislation awaits action by Iowa’s House of Representatives. Majorities of every political category of Iowa voters – 89% of Republicans, 51% of Democrats and 74% of voters not affiliated with either major party – believe the state should mandate E-Verify. "This E-Verify bill would deter the record-breaking numbers of illegal aliens crossing the southern border from settling in Iowa," said James Massa, CEO of NumbersUSA. “By shutting off the jobs magnet that draws migrants to seek illegal employment, this bill would protect Iowa's hard-working citizens and legal immigrants."

Righties in Texas are skeered that they're going to go blue someday soon. I hope that happens!
New polling for Texas just happened to come out today. That going blue thing we keep hearing is on the verge of happening in Texas - isn't looking likely at this point.

Screenshot 2024-04-12 202652.png

Yet the number of voters continues to magically increase. In 2022 there were more ballots issued than actually live in the State by 6%. In 2020 there were more ballots issued than actually live in the State by 13%. Ballots also do not need to be signed, or even contain the name of the voter, and they are still counted as valid. Alaska has one of the most corrupt governments in the nation.
I hate hearing this. Ugggh about states and their outdated voter rolls and lenient or complete lack of election security!

I hate hearing this. Ugggh about states and their outdated voter rolls and lenient or complete lack of election security!
This is why mail-in ballots are only for those who advocate election fraud.

It is still illegal to issue ballots to anyone who has not specifically requested one in Alaska. The only lawful ballot that can be mailed-in are absentee ballots, which are verified by the State before being issued to the requesting voter. But Alaska stopped enforcing its election laws during the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, when the Alaska Supreme Court said that they didn't need to verify anyone's identity any longer. None of Alaska's elections can be trusted, especially the local ones. Election fraud is rampant in Alaska.

This goes to show you how a lack of morals comes in handy to the corrupt minded.
Insisting that bad governance not be allowed to persist anywhere in the US has nothing to do with morals, and so long as the change comes without violence is an imperative.
Hate is all you have. Why do you hate America?
I hate bad ideas that are sold to rubes and normalized into existence by corrupt politicians with perverse incentives. I feel bad for the rubes.
Why do you think you are so much better than everyone else?
“Elitist” has recently become a pejorative in some circles. This is part of the perverse incentives I mentioned. Truth is, someone has to stand up to authoritarians for the sake of everyone, even (and especially) for the “rubes.”

You’re welcome.

Come to AZ. We don’t have this “humidity” you speak of. We do however have the Trumpers in spades. So, it’s a trade off.
The heat alone is why i dont live in AZ lol.

Should consider population ageing.

A new telephone and online survey by Rasmussen Reports and NumbersUSA finds that 70% of Likely Ohio Voters believe the state should mandate that all employers use the federal electronic E-Verify system to help ensure that they hire only legal workers for U.S. jobs. Only 14% oppose mandating E-Verify, while another 15% are not sure. A committee of Ohio’s state House of Representatives is currently considering HB 327, which would require use of the E-Verify system. Majorities of every political category of Ohio voters – 84% of Republicans, 50% of Democrats and 66% of voters not affiliated with either major party – believe the state should mandate E-Verify. “I commend the state legislature, in particular Reps. [Scott] Wiggam and [D.J.] Swearingen, for having a finger on the pulse of Ohio,” said Joseph Edlow, former Acting Director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). “The poll clearly shows that the citizens of this state support protections for the eligible workers and will not tolerate unfair competitive advantages by businesses refusing to play by the rules.” Requiring the use of E-Verify is popular nationwide, with 69% of U.S. Likely Voters favoring it in the most recent Rasmussen Reports Immigration Index survey.

Back
Top Bottom