• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Well, It took all of about five minutes!!

Most interesting aspect of this is that this is the second time House Intel sleezy meanderings have blown up in their faces. Running to the Press as fast as their little legs would carry them to deposit the memos just makes them look like a bunch of slim balls which of course they are. However, there is really nothing here for them to dig their claws into on Comey just as the ridiculous Nunes memo from earlier in the year and the uber-ridiculous Nunes White House Driveway "revelations" blew up in their faces. House Intel Republicans are a perfect match for this WH.......Keystone Kops of government.

But it's not true. The Washington Free Beacon stopped funding Fusion GPS after it became apparent Trump would win the primaries. The DNC/Clinton campaign picked up funding, it was then Fusion GPS hired Steele to investigate the public knowledge of Trumps Russian business connections. All of this has been publicly stated by countless publications left and right.

You should read my post again. I highlighted something in her quote and it was quite clear I was directly responding to that. I have said nothing about the Free Beacon or the dossier in this thread. It was clear I was talking about her comments on Comey.

You should read my post again. I highlighted something in her quote and it was quite clear I was directly responding to that. I have said nothing about the Free Beacon or the dossier in this thread. It was clear I was talking about her comments on Comey.

Sorry, when you stated this;

"This is the best, most precise, and most succinct summation of this entire thing"

Without indicating "the bold" I assumed the whole.

1. The "GOP" were never involved.

2. That Steele was contracted by Fusion GPS after Clinton and the DNC hired Fusion GPS isn't just significant...it's fact.

So...again...what problem do you think I see and why are you asking me about whether Steele made up information to satisfy the Clinton Campaign? I've said nothing about that.

The GOP was definitely involved. The original contractor was prominent GOP donor Never Trumper and Marco Rubio supporter billionaire Paul Singer. However once it became clear that Trump was going to secure the Republican Party nomination that opposition research project became moot and Singer withdrew his funding for it. And it was Fusion GPS who approached the Democratic Party's legal law firm about picking up the project for the upcoming Presidential campaign. Mr Simpson came across Trump's visits to Russia during the initial part of his research and was curious as to why Trump had not been able to secure any business dealings with Russia as result of these multiple visits and thought it would be worth looking into. But he needed someone who was proficient, reliable, and experienced with Russia to do the human intelligence investigation portion as his specialty was document chasing. Hence he hired Steele whom he had worked with before.

Sorry, when you stated this;

"This is the best, most precise, and most succinct summation of this entire thing"

Without indicating "the bold" I assumed the whole.

Perhaps you didn't understand what this thread was about. Here is the OP again.

The GOP House members forced the FBI to turn over the Comey Memo's to them. It took them about five minutes to leak them to the country. I think that they feel that in somehow they will be helpful to Trump. either in what they say or by making it more difficult for Trump to be convicted. I have to laugh at the GOP as they constantly complain about leaks and it seems that they and their staffs, including the Whitehouse staff, are the biggest leakers. I think that this goes to show you can't trust this bunch. I also think that the GOP has been upset about how leak proof the Mueller investigation has been. They, the GOP, I am sure were thinking that they could use such leaking to stop the investigation. That isn't going to happpen. Trump will have to fire himself out of this mess and then we will see if the GOP puts the country or party first.

It was about the Comey memos and leaking. Not about the Steele dossier. I highlighted the part of her post that I chose to respond to and which was in keeping with the discussion. The Dossier was mentioned repeatedly by some of your fellow Trump devotees as a means to distract from the OP. It was not about how the Dossier came to being or about the Free Beacon, also not mentioned in his OP.

The GOP was definitely involved. The original contractor was prominent GOP donor Never Trumper and Marco Rubio supporter billionaire Paul Singer. However once it became clear that Trump was going to secure the Republican Party nomination that opposition research project became moot and Singer withdrew his funding for it.

It was the Washington Free Beacon...a news organization...who hired Fusion GPS. Now...you could say Singer, who I suppose is a Republican, owns WFB but that doesn't mean Singer is the one who hired Fusion GPS and it certainly doesn't mean the GOP...that is, the Republican Party...had anything to do with any of it. That's like saying when CNN researches a story...and CNN is owned by Turner who, I don't know, is a Democrat...means that it was actually Turner and the DNC funding the research. That would be nonsense, don't you think?

So no...the GOP did not hire Fusion GPS.

And it was Fusion GPS who approached the Democratic Party's legal law firm about picking up the project for the upcoming Presidential campaign. Mr Simpson came across Trump's visits to Russia during the initial part of his research and was curious as to why Trump had not been able to secure any business dealings with Russia as result of these multiple visits and thought it would be worth looking into. But he needed someone who was proficient, reliable, and experienced with Russia to do the human intelligence investigation portion as his specialty was document chasing. Hence he hired Steele whom he had worked with before.

And now you are agreeing with what I've been saying all along: That Hillary and the DNC hired Fusion GPS, who then hired Steele, after WFB was out of the picture.

Anyway, I'm glad that you've given up talking to me about this "Steele made up information to satisfy the Clinton Campaign" stuff.

It was the Washington Free Beacon...a news organization...who hired Fusion GPS. Now...you could say Singer, who I suppose is a Republican, owns WFB but that doesn't mean Singer is the one who hired Fusion GPS and it certainly doesn't mean the GOP...that is, the Republican Party...had anything to do with any of it. That's like saying when CNN researches a story...and CNN is owned by Turner who, I don't know, is a Democrat...means that it was actually Turner and the DNC funding the research. That would be nonsense, don't you think?

And now you are agreeing with what I've been saying all along: That Hillary and the DNC hired Fusion GPS, who then hired Steele, after WFB was out of the picture.

Anyway, I'm glad that you've given up talking to me about this "Steele made up information to satisfy the Clinton Campaign" stuff.

Making up information to satisfy the Clinton Campaign??? I think you must have me confused with somebody else. Also Hillary and her campaign wasn't even aware of the DNC's law firm having picked up the funding for the Fusion GPS opposition research project until much later.

Making up information to satisfy the Clinton Campaign??? I think you must have me confused with somebody else.

You are right and I apologize. You jumped into a conversation between another member and myself...and I didn't pick up on the change of poster.

Also Hillary and her campaign wasn't even aware of the DNC's law firm having picked up the funding for the Fusion GPS opposition research project until much later.

LOL!!

Hillary and her campaign knew exactly what the law firm was doing. She was paying them to do it. She was getting periodic reports.

Sorry, but you can't separate her from the dossier.

Yeah and I'm sure that if had been George Soros that picked the funding for the opposition research that you would be saying that the democratic party had nothing to with it. Right?

You are right and I apologize. You jumped into a conversation between another member and myself...and I didn't pick up on the change of poster.

LOL!!

Hillary and her campaign knew exactly what the law firm was doing. She was paying them to do it. She was getting periodic reports.

Sorry, but you can't separate her from the dossier.

Is that so? Kind of waste of money wouldn't you think if she never even used any of that opposition research info in her campaign?

Making up information to satisfy the Clinton Campaign??? I think you must have me confused with somebody else. Also Hillary and her campaign wasn't even aware of the DNC's law firm having picked up the funding for the Fusion GPS opposition research project until much later.

You're mistaken...

Gehringer wrote that in March 2016, Fusion approached Perkins Coie to see if its clients would be interested in paying Fusion "to continue research regarding then-presidential candidate Donald Trump, research that Fusion GPS had conducted for one or more other clients during the Republican primary contest." The DNC and Clinton campaign engaged Fusion in April to "perform a variety of research services during the 2016 election cycle."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...litics/fusion-gps-clinton-campaign/index.html

Yeah and I'm sure that if had been George Soros that picked the funding for the opposition research that you would be saying that the democratic party had nothing to with it. Right?

No...I would say that Soros paid for it.

Hey...do you think Soros coordinates and gets approval from the DNC for everything he does? I don't.

Is that so? Kind of waste of money wouldn't you think if she never even used any of that opposition research info in her campaign?

shrug...

From what I saw during her election campaign, she wasted a lot of money on a lot of things.

You're mistaken...

https://www.snopes.com/news/2017/10/25/dnc-clinton-campaign-pay-trump-russia-steele-dossier/

Chairman] Tom Perez and the new leadership of the DNC were not involved in any decision-making regarding Fusion GPS, nor were they aware that Perkins Coie was working with the organization.

Former Clinton campaign spokesman Brian Fallon denied knowing of the dossier before the election, but defended it as an example of legitimate opposition research:

“The first I learned of Christopher Steele or saw any dossier was after the election,” Fallon said. “But if I had gotten handed it last fall, I would have had no problem passing it along and urging reporters to look into it. Opposition research happens on every campaign, and here you had probably the most shadowy guy ever running for president, and the FBI certainly has seen fit to look into it. I probably would have volunteered to go to Europe myself to try and verify if it would have helped get more of this out there before the election.

Also there is nothing unusual about the DNC, Clinton Campaign or the Republicans having Fusion GPS preform various 'research services' for them. As Mr Simpson said in his testimony political opposition research generally does not account for great portion of their business. Except of course whenever national election years come up.

Last edited:

LOL It's ironic that you would lie about lying. Steele did not work for the FBI and he was never accused of lying by them. They were not happy when Steele released the dossier but he felt it was too important to cover up. Maybe you are confused with Manafort and several other Trump associates who WERE charged with lying to the FBI as well as conspiracy against the U.S..

You don't seem to get it. Foreign nationals are prohibited from interfering in US elections. You want collusion, that is straight up collusion. He paid Russians for opposition research on Donald Trump and then shopped it to media and the FBI. Who then used that unverified info for surveillance on the opposition party. How can none of that stink to hell to you?

You are really confused. Foreign GOVERNMENTS are prohibited from helping a candidate in any way. There is no such prohibition about hiring a non-American to get information on a candidate. Steele was a private citizen not a foreign Govt. Nothing stinks like the e-mail to Don Jr. where the Russian Govt. is offering dirt on Hillary and Don says "Love it". THAT is collusion.

You would rather somebody prove a negative...lol

If you do it in a "roundabout way' I'm sure that you could 'prove' just about anything.

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain

The GOP House members forced the FBI to turn over the Comey Memo's to them. It took them about five minutes to leak them to the country. I think that they feel that in somehow they will be helpful to Trump. either in what they say or by making it more difficult for Trump to be convicted. I have to laugh at the GOP as they constantly complain about leaks and it seems that they and their staffs, including the Whitehouse staff, are the biggest leakers. I think that this goes to show you can't trust this bunch. I also think that the GOP has been upset about how leak proof the Mueller investigation has been. They, the GOP, I am sure were thinking that they could use such leaking to stop the investigation. That isn't going to happpen. Trump will have to fire himself out of this mess and then we will see if the GOP puts the country or party first.

This is the best summation of it I've found:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...y-memo-conservatives/558521/?utm_source=atlfb

That committee of the House is so full of dolts, idiots and God only knows what, particularly from the GOP that it is just a laugh to watch them screw it up again.

There is a real irony here.

GOP politicians take on Trump: "Good grief, we are petty criminals, scrapping a little off the top or the sides where we can. This guy is a real deal criminal. Whaaaaaaaahhhhhh"

Trump talking about the GOP politicians: "Good grief what a bunch of idiots. I can't tell when I turn on my TV if I am watching the real characters or an SNL parity of actual politicians. Whaaaaaaahhhh"

LOL It's ironic that you would lie about lying. Steele did not work for the FBI and he was never accused of lying by them. They were not happy when Steele released the dossier but he felt it was too important to cover up. Maybe you are confused with Manafort and several other Trump associates who WERE charged with lying to the FBI as well as conspiracy against the U.S..

Have you read the link that says Steele was dismissed by the FBI as a source for the FBI? The linked says Steele leaked information to the press then lied to FBI agents about leaking to the press. Sound familiar? That's why I asked, in the context of McCabe's impending legal woes, why Steele isn't facing legal woes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom