• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We Are Extremely Lucky!

Luckyone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
We are extremely lucky to have a President that knows more than anyone else.

Results haven't been seen yet but ultimately with someone that knows so much, they will come............hopefully while we are still alive.

Last edited:

Results haven't been seen yet but ultimately with someone that knows so much, they will come............hopefully while we are still alive.

I wish we were as lucky but, hey, we have Boris Johnson so there's still hope:lamo

tRump reminds me of somebody, Tommy Flanagan ... yea, that's the ticket:

You know what's even more pathetic? Trump's loyal fan base actually believes all of that nonsense.

Lucky to have a carnival barker as president. He is the best con man president we've ever had.

Bla, bla, bla......and yet, America is actually becoming great again. I know. It must be difficult to process for some of you.

Bla, bla, bla......and yet, America is actually becoming great again. I know. It must be difficult to process for some of you.

My curiosity's gone and gotten the better of me. May I inquire as to a specific decade in the past when America was great?

Regards.

Yeah, we are now the greatest and most loved and respected nation that has ever existed and all because of our thoughtful, loving, honorable and appreciated president ever (Trump quote).

Last edited:
My curiosity's gone and gotten the better of me. May I inquire as to a specific decade in the past when America was great?

Regards.

Well. I would say the "W" administration and the Obama administration years don't qualify as being great. Winning WWII was pretty great. American greatness is more about attitude and enthusiasm rather than any specific time period.

Well. I would say the "W" administration and the Obama administration years don't qualify as being great. Winning WWII was pretty great. American greatness is more about attitude and enthusiasm rather than any specific time period.

Going back to the yesteryear of 1945, the schools in the South were still segregated. That didn't end until 1954, and even then there were all manner of work-around's. So it wasn't necessarily a time when America was 'great'.

That said, I do feel that 1945 was our nation's finest hour in the modern age. At war's end, we were capable of militarily imposing a Pax Americana on the rest of the world. We chose not to do so.

Regards.

Grandpappy, you just stepped on your own doodoo!

One thing about winning WWII was that there was great unity among us. Politics did not interfere in any way during that period of time. We all worked toward a common goal and Roosevelt was a uniter and not a disrupter. That was great!

Show me where there has been any positive attitude and enthusiasm with Trump. All I see is disunity, abasement, unhappiness, incompetence and hate. He has us fighting each other. What is great about that?

As the saying goes...

"What's good for the country, is bad for leftists." Imo, very true.

I consider our country blessed. We Americans have fashioned a great and wonderful nation. And our president is doing exactly what he should be doing. And that is looking out for our best interest.

One thing about winning WWII was that there was great unity among us. Politics did not interfere in any way during that period of time. We all worked toward a common goal and Roosevelt was a uniter and not a disrupter. That was great!

Show me where there has been any positive attitude and enthusiasm with Trump. All I see is disunity, abasement, unhappiness, incompetence and hate. He has us fighting each other. What is great about that?

You may have all those negative emotions. I don't. Need a safe space?

If you want to see all those things really happen, go with the Green New Deal. That should nicely destroy America as we know it.

You may have all those negative emotions. I don't. Need a safe space?

If you want to see all those things really happen, go with the Green New Deal. That should nicely destroy America as we know it.

The fact you don't see it means you are blind and not talking to anyone.

It is in the news every day, it is on this message board every day, it is on TV every day, and if you happen to talk to 100 people, you will find that at least 60 of them think he is the worst thing that every happened to our nation.

Then again, if you live in a fantasy world that only you see it, I can understand your view. In the real world, there is no enthusiasm or positive attitude toward Trump or toward our nation or its future.

WWII there was a common enemy. The country was attacked and our very freedoms were at stake. It was less political and more of a notion of survival.

Today is purely political. Our survival is not at stake but our way of life and culture is. It is, and has been, under attack by the left. Imo.

No one can make you feel this way or that way. Your feelings are your own. Proof? Simple. DJT can say, "X." One person feels one way, depending on his/hers beliefs, and another person may feel completely different. Why? Because we all draw conclusion based on our belief system and life experiences, etc.

If one group is united, say DJT supporters, and you feel differently, that's your own beliefs keeping you separated from the group. DJT isn't making you do that, you are doing it to yourself.

WWII there was a common enemy. The country was attacked and our very freedoms were at stake. It was less political and more of a notion of survival.

Today is purely political. Our survival is not at stake but our way of life and culture is. It is, and has been, under attack by the left. Imo.

No one can make you feel this way or that way. Your feelings are your own. Proof? Simple. DJT can say, "X." One person feels one way, depending on his/hers beliefs, and another person may feel completely different. Why? Because we all draw conclusion based on our belief system and life experiences, etc.

If one group is united, say DJT supporters, and you feel differently, that's your own beliefs keeping you separated from the group. DJT isn't making you do that, you are doing it to yourself.

Thanks for your courteous response but I do not agree with your assessment that "feelings are your own". More people than not do not have confidence in their feelings and knowledge and depend on others to steer them in the "right direction". That is the definition of what a leader is and does. He leads his troops to victory or defeat depending on "his" decisions.

Most people can be conned easily and that has been proven over and over again. Cons such as the Nigerian that wants a representative in the United States, the IRS has levied a penalty on you, your computer has a virus in it, and make america great again are proof of it. To this day and even with overwhelming information about these cons, people continue to fall for them.

You (perhaps), and I (definitely), draw our own conclusions because we have confidence in our knowledge and experience but that is not the case with the majority.

Changing the subject to your statement about "our way of life and culture is under attack by the left". Perhaps you could expand on that statement and give clear reasons why you believe that. There was a time not to long ago in our nation where the middle class was large and the poor and rich were small and that worked to perfection and now it has changed totally to where the poor is now large, the middle class is now small, and the rich controls most everything. Why do you believe that what the Democrats are trying to do, which is revert to where we were before and when it was extremely successful for all of us, is going to cost us our survival. I believe, the Democrats are the ones that are trying to help us all survive by spreading the wealth proportionately to where it was before. Did you know that in the last 50 years, the income increase for the poor and middle class has been 37% and for the rich it has been 937%. How does that insure our survival if it continues?

You really have to explain why you believe what you believe. It does not make sense to me.

Last edited:

HOW? Is it pushing diplomats out of the way for a better place in a photo shoot? Or is it yelling in the Oval Office on a regular basis? How about getting in petty fights of name calling with dictators? Is it bringing his kids to state dinners … UNINVITED?

The United States is viewed as a disgrace and laughing stock by foreign governments all over the world; that must be it! :doh

I might agree that the years of FDR did make the country great.

So you're saying that tRump denigrating anybody that doesn't agree with him is the attitude that makes us great? Being so enthusiastic about bully's that tRump vows to defend them in court if they're arrested?

No it wasn't during Roosevelt's time when a world at war looked to the USA for help … and got it. Not during the Eisenhower Administration when the whole world was trying to emulate our productive energy; no not that time period. How about during the Revolutionary war when the Founding Fathers created a Nation … OF … BY and FOR the people it governed; not then.

As the saying goes...

"What's good for the country, is bad for leftists." Imo, very true.

Your saying expresses hatred for MORE THAN half of all AmeriCANs and you just made it up.

I consider our country blessed. We Americans have fashioned a great and wonderful nation.

I'm with you so far.

And our president is doing exactly what he should be doing.

He should be ****ting on everything he touches???? Well there you go again.

And that is looking out for our HIS best interest.

Fixed it and … I can't argue with that.

Nobody understands the "horror of nuclear" than Trump, and that includes the survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The **** probably thinks he knows more about fire-bombing than Vonnegut.

Today is purely political. Our survival is not at stake but our way of life and culture is. It is

And tRump is fixing it by being as divisive as is humanly possible?

and has been, under attack by the left. Imo.

Yes we know your fellow countrymen are THE problem; of course NOT YOU! Oh, no!

Good Lord! :shock:

Thanks for your courteous response but I do not agree with your assessment that "feelings are your own". More people than not do not have confidence in their feelings and knowledge and depend on others to steer them in the "right direction". That is the definition of what a leader is and does. He leads his troops to victory or defeat depending on "his" decisions.

You’re welcome.

Understand that your feelings/emotions belong to you. No one has the ability to make you feel one way or another. How does one person feel one way, another person feel something different?

A person does not have that kind of control over another. There is no control, there is only consent. If you are inclined to consent, then that is your decision. The other person is not making you feel “X” “Y” or “Z.”

Most people can be conned easily and that has been proven over and over again.

I wouldn’t say most, but some are. But that is consent.

You (perhaps), and I (definitely), draw our own conclusions because we have confidence in our knowledge and experience but that is not the case with the majority.

Neither you, nor I, can make that kind of call. Everyone is different.

Changing the subject to your statement about "our way of life and culture is under attack by the left". Perhaps you could expand on that statement and give clear reasons why you believe that.

The left often claims to be winning the “culture war.” To be at war means some kind of aggressive action/or attack. I’m merely using their own words.

There was a time not to long ago in our nation where the middle class was large and the poor and rich were small and that worked to perfection and now it has changed totally to where the poor is now large, the middle class is now small, and the rich controls most everything. Why do you believe that what the Democrats are trying to do, which is revert to where we were before and when it was extremely successful for all of us, is going to cost us our survival.

I not sure you are being accurate in what you are saying. There are more people working today than there was 4 years ago. Wages are up. Labor participation rate is far better than it was. There are reportedly more jobs than people to fill them. And public assistance is at an all time low.

It is far more beneficial to the country to lift the bottom up, instead of punishing the family with additional taxes to give without conditions to a taker.

I believe, the Democrats are the ones that are trying to help us all survive by spreading the wealth proportionately to where it was before. Did you know that in the last 50 years, the income increase for the poor and middle class has been 37% and for the rich it has been 937%. How does that insure our survival if it continues?

You don’t help anyone by punishing working families with additional taxes and “fees” just to give to people who are too lazy to provide for themselves. That’s what I mean by lifting the bottom up, not punish others with the burden of footing the bill. This is how the left destroys families and makes them depend on gov’t and therefore generate another vote. It helps only the leftist elite who craves power over others.

You really have to explain why you believe what you believe. It does not make sense to me.

I don’t have any confidence in you believing anything I have told you.

Back
Top Bottom